Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,944 members, 7,963,004 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1011) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4730634 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) ... (3759) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:53am On Aug 03, 2018
AngelicBeing:
I concur with you, there is hunger in the land and citizens are trying to survive by any means but embarking on survival via fraudulent means is not the best, it is not only on property section that I see such dodgy post, it is the new thing on Nairaland now, you see people displaying account number asking for all manners of financial assistance and support, but on a flip side, some might be genuine but majority are fake and full of balonies.

I think Nairaland.com has a welfare group called TeHn, request for garri, amala, oha, ogbono, egusi soup should be channeled to TeHn rather than spamming every section with request for financial support.
lol at garri and amala cheesy.
Tehn caters for genuine cases of humanitarian needs. I've been delegated as a volunteer to confirm the status of a deceased nairalander cancer patient some years ago.
These type of scammers are not just after looking for what to eat but won't hesitate to clear out the entire life savings of anyone that falls prey.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:55am On Aug 03, 2018
mufutau55:

That is because I dont have Moderator access anymore.
That type of person would have been banned for many days and I could actually delete any unwanted message instead od hiding them. I think Report option on a post possibly just hide them from the person that reports it. But then, we dont own NL.

Hajji M.
Na real wa sir. I didn't even know there is still a moderator in the property section again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:37pm On Aug 03, 2018
I need this light ASAP anyone??

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2018
Reasons why step tiles and metcoppo sheets are more susceptible to leaks?

I will write about my findings later today.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
spyder880:

Our eyes dey road. We are waiting with bated breath.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tunaps4all: 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2018
Fix me in for any building construction (BRICK LAYING) Below is my past n present job

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2018
twinskenny:
I need this light ASAP anyone??

send it to my whatsapp. I will forward it to one woman IN VI
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2018
topsy23:

send it to my whatsapp. I will forward it to one woman IN VI
okay baba
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
gbadexy:

Na real wa sir. I didn't even know there is still a moderator in the property section again.

I don't think we have any anymore o. God save us.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2018
mufutau55:

I don't think we have any anymore o. God save us.

Hajji M.
Amin sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2018
Good evening house,please I need advise,am at the stage of plastering my project it’s a twin 3 bedroom duplex,is it cheaper to rent scaffold or cheaper if I build one with bamboo cos the supervisor sent me a quote of building one and it amounts to 343k,will appreciate any input,thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2018
Talk2iyfy:
Please what's the best way to negotiate with my engineer for building payment. I intend to buy most of the materials and considering we may build and stop after decking.

Break the building project down into milestones.
Attach payment ot each milestone, based on the amount of what that is expected to be done.
Dispatch payment, as each stage is completed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2018
Talk2iyfy:
Bros please what's the estimate of blocks that will finish what you just mentioned. Breakdown please. Thanks.

Talk2iyfy.

quote author=earthrealm post=69816834]

woji-ph axis, not sure of soil type, but not swampy, neighbouring structures didnt do any extensive foundational works... project is one structure consisting of 2 units 2br flat and 1 unit 4br duplex.

QS independent report states 5000 blocks for foundation to window level.
builder says from experience i shud budget 3000 blocks, though he may need more.....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2018
Chekitaut:
Local or Tiger?
Local is 200k/ton Tiger is 230k/ton
Sir which country dey produce tiger? Someone told local is better dont know how true...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2018
mufutau55:

I thought I have deleted the post. Is it still showing when other people view this thread? I cannot see it again o. Please let me know if you are still seeing the original post o. Thanks.

Hajji M.

it is still there. Even as at now

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2018
Teebawse:
Good evening house,please I need advise,am at the stage of plastering my project it’s a twin 3 bedroom duplex,is it cheaper to rent scaffold or cheaper if I build one with bamboo cos the supervisor sent me a quote of building one and it amounts to 343k,will appreciate any input,thanks in advance
What kind of scaffold do u want to rent?
I really dont like bamboo as scaffold for duplex, unless bungalows.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2018
Rubbiish:

What kind of scaffold do u want to rent?
I really dont like bamboo as scaffold for duplex, unless bungalows.
I have no ideas about the types of scaffolds and their prices,the supervisor only sent a quote of erecting a scaffold with bamboos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2018
Teebawse:

Would you be kind to give a break down of it:
Bamboo?
Carpentry?

Please add perimeter of the structure ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 03, 2018
bixton:

Would you be kind to give a break down of it:
Bamboo?
Carpentry?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:16am On Aug 04, 2018
Rubbiish:

Sir which country dey produce tiger?
Someone told local is better dont know how true...
Tiger is produced in Nigeria. Tiger is the best for now, imported steel is countraybound.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 4:02am On Aug 04, 2018
But you wrote TIGER or LOCAL. so if Tiger is produced in Nigeria then how is it different from Local?
Is it the same or different brands?

Chekitaut:
Tiger is produced in Nigeria. Tiger is the best for now, imported steel is countraybound.

Chekitaut:
Local or Tiger?

Local is 200k/ton
Tiger is 230k/ton
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by WorldAmbassador: 5:04am On Aug 04, 2018
spyder880:

We are earnestly waiting for all artisans to inform us. I bought steptiles roofing sheets for the beauty of it, but fast forward 2 years later, it started leaking in more than 2 places cry. I guess in my next build, I am going back to longspan aluminium sheets.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 6:37am On Aug 04, 2018
Teebawse:

Baba as you plaster finish,if you wan tile,wc and sanitaries abeg no forget me o
Economy rough now abeg grin cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:34am On Aug 04, 2018
Chekitaut:
Thanks...What about pulkit?
Heard it is also very good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:39am On Aug 04, 2018
WorldAmbassador:
We are earnestly waiting for all artisans to inform us. I bought steptiles roofing sheets for the beauty of it, but fast forward 2 years later, it started leaking in more than 2 places cry. I guess in my next build, I am going back to longspan aluminium sheets.
What was the gauge of your steptiles sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by descrisom(m): 7:50am On Aug 04, 2018
gabbytabby:
He has worked for me on several occassions. Very good with material estimation also. always agree on how long for cos they might have more than one at a time and if they think one is not urgent........

I would suggest you have about 3 quotes and compare. Quality of work is good and he is reasonable only if you do too much bigman like you be money miss road then they might go bigly on you.

Not on Nairaland

Did he later used the details you gave to him about the person referred by you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 10:05am On Aug 04, 2018
[quote author=Teebawse post=69965126][/quote]
What's the size of the building? Plot size will help too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ppresh2017(f): 11:16am On Aug 04, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 04, 2018
Dominionng:

What's the size of the building? Plot size will help too.
Land size is 630sqm, size if building is 283sqm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2018
megacontrol:
But you wrote TIGER or LOCAL. so if Tiger is produced in Nigeria then how is it different from Local?
Is it the same or different brands?

Tiger is of better quality.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
Rubbiish:

Thanks...What about pulkit?
Heard it is also very good.
Local(Good), Tiger(Better), Pulkit(Best) right now no pulkit in circulation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

Baba as you plaster finish,if you wan tile,wc and sanitaries abeg no forget me o
Economy rough now abeg grin cool

My man, you couldn't get the sample of tiles I sent you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) (1013) (1014) ... (3759) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: aieromon(m), nighov2024, Hero2t and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.