Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,971 members, 7,936,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 01:47 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4674431 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (3747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 20, 2016
agarawu23:
i tire o my brother.
Nigeria is not abroad where police will respond to your call immediately.

Na baba God dey guide us jare

Why do you need the police?

Why do you guys always default back to comparing Nigeria to abroad?

Who in Nigeria is waiting for the government for anything? Are you waiting for them to provide good roads, water, security or light? Don't you have your own gen, borehole, opc? etc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 20, 2016
agarawu23:
there is no bullet in our gun grin

They don't need to come and shoot. They just need to come and take their prisoners away.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 20, 2016
podosci:

I thought alerm systems are for theives? Armed robbers in Nigeria would come to your front door and order you to open the door, what would an alerm system do for you in that situation? The police would definatly not answer you

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:47pm On May 20, 2016
EgunMogaji:

To stop the alarm grin grin or be the umpire.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 20, 2016
tevanso:
Oga egunmogaji if ur son is an engineer will u advice people not to involve an engineer in building construction,its not all engineers that are incompentent, get a competent one and u will be glad

You're backing up the wrong tree. If my son happens to choose an engineering career, I hope he won't be chasing simple bungalow designs around on Nairaland.

I've said it before, if you're building a structure for sale, for rent then have an engineer onsite. My builds are bungalows, they have structural engineer for the plans and that's where the track stops for that.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 3:52pm On May 20, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Oga Sir, Nigerian Police get serious issues but atleast you still need them to come use siren pursue the armed robbers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2016
podosci:

Oga Sir, Nigerian Police get serious issues but atleast you still need them to come use siren pursue the armed robbers.

grin grin How wrong of me to think they'll be coming to switch off the alarm? I never thought of police coming to use the siren to pursue the armed robbers.

Podosci, you be engineer!

Brabus

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 20, 2016
podosci:

I won't.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 20, 2016
n3xt:

To stop the alarm grin grin or be the umpire.

Since I don't leave in naija full time yet, I use these topics to gauge the temperature of things on the ground.

So my prayer is to have neighbors who are not weasel sheeple / I'm not looking for trouble o grin cheesy / preferably Hausa and igbo and who are not bible thumpers so we can setup a neighborhood watch program.

I'll approach the multi tenant housing near me and offer the landlord to pay 1/4 of the rent for military and police residents.

I'm not a self defeatist but look for solution, by my nature and professionally.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 20, 2016
agarawu23:
baba, so what's your conclusion

Kowope baba, you've said it best. Everyone has to decide what security they want for their house grin

Besides you named at least 5 separate levels of defense for your house which are all inline with what I've been saying.

1) you'll get Hausa guard
2) you'll have another one for support
3) you'll get dogs even though you don't like them
4) you'll get an armored front door
5) you'll get an armored rear door

Haba, were on the same page now grin

At least you didn't say you don't need wall or dog and you just need bibeli mimo cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 4:42pm On May 20, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I won't.
Wait!!! Wait!! Wait!!!
If they come to your house, what exactly are you going to do?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 20, 2016
podosci:

Wait!!! Wait!! Wait!!!

That's confidential but please notice that my gate is setback purposefully.

My purpose is not to convince anyone to do anything. Clutch your bibles and cowering to the thieves work too but not the cut of my jib.

I just pray now for like minded neighbors.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Demainman1: 5:00pm On May 20, 2016
podosci:

Wait!!! Wait!! Wait!!!
@podosci, don't mind the masquerade man. Na over stay for abroad dey worry am cheesy

No be the same egungun wey deal with omoniles jejely? Why him no go into attack mode then?

As Yoruba will say "enu dun uro efo" grin

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 5:02pm On May 20, 2016
AZUH:
@ tavanso what do you mean ? I don't really get you . It's fun to you but it might be hurting someone else ! This house you are talking about has bin in existence since 2012 . Stop acting if you can do more this engineer . The parapet was done since 2013 and now it's 2016 . If the house is not strong enough the building will collapse under six months . As for the column when I am done with the pop I will post the pictures . So what else?
sorry about that sir,can we have a private chat on whatsap so DAT we can discuss the building defect. 08060506857
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 20, 2016
tevanso:
sorry about that sir,can we have a private chat on whatsap so DAT we can discuss the building defect. 08060506857

This is good.

Hope you can make progress where others have failed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 20, 2016
Demainman1:

@podosci, don't mind the masquerade man. Na over stay for abroad dey worry am cheesy

No be the same egungun wey deal with omoniles jejely? Why him no go into attack mode then?

As Yoruba will say "enu dun uro efo" grin

You're right, he or anyone shouldn't mind me. Why you guys can't just face your lane? Am I the only one on Nsiraland out of over 1,000,000 of us? wink

You bring up a good question though.

I don't live in Nigeria full time and my house is not even complete yet. Where am I going to keep or install stuff? Make sure that your brain is in gear before you approach the keyboard.

Besides, you won't wish for the fate of what happened to the omo onile on your worst enemy. I didn't include that in the story that I shared willingly. I wrote my omo onile story and it wasn't some hidden expose that you found cool

As the Yoruba will say, Aja toma sonu, koni gbo fere olode.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:26pm On May 20, 2016
It's happy hour. Staying by the ring side with a bottle of Hennessy courtesy of anikkyshaya

I support Egunmogaji. I dey promote Demainman1

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:31pm On May 20, 2016
agarawu23:
which site, I don't get u
Website quoted
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 5:34pm On May 20, 2016
I believe every man should do everything humanly possible in his power to protect his family and his property.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Demainman1: 5:35pm On May 20, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You're right, he or anyone shouldn't mind me. Why you guys can't just face your lane? Am I the only one on Nsiraland out of over 1,000,000 of us? wink

You bring up a good question though.

I don't live in Nigeria full time and my house is not even complete yet. Where am I going to keep or install stuff? Make sure that your brain is in gear before you approach the keyboard.

Besides, you won't wish for the fate of what happened to the omo onile on your worst enemy. I didn't include that in the story that I shared willingly. I wrote my omo onile story and it wasn't some hidden expose that you found cool

As the Yoruba will say, Aja toma sonu, koni gbo fere olode.

@Egunmogaji, the man that knows it all. Respect Baba.
I want to be like you when I grow up I swear grin

Anyway, like I always say in my conclusion. Time will tell.

If you settle the omoniles in the day, I am sure you will settle the underworld men in the night.

Make baba God himself protect me o. Amen.

@brabus, na wa for you, only you one bottle of Hennessey. Na wetin come remain nau?

Abeg, pass me the st Moritz grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:37pm On May 20, 2016
Very correct Babalose!!

Brabus

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 20, 2016
Demainman1:

@Egunmogaji, the man that knows it all. Respect Baba.
I want to be like you when I grow up I swear grin

Anyway, like I always say in my conclusion. Time will tell.

If you settle the omoniles in the day, I am sure you will settle the underworld men in the night.

Make baba God himself protect me o. Amen.

@brabus, na wa for you, only you one bottle of Hennessey. Na wetin come remain nau?

Abeg, pass me the st Moritz grin

Time indeed will tell for your dreams and aspirations. Worry less about me and mine.

You don't want to be like me, I for sure don't want to be like you. I like my life.

Who I settle, by night and day is my problem, as long as you're not funding it abi? grin

It's a shame that you don't know the difference between attempt at land grabbing and robbery. Educated people know the difference and each requires different response.

What you regard as know it all is simply a benefit of exposure and age.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sensegiver: 5:44pm On May 20, 2016
[size=20pt]Brabus how many username you get sef on Nairaland? make all man shine eye o.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 20, 2016
babalose:
I believe every man should do everything humanly possible in his power to protect his family and his property.

Exactly.

I'll do mine and I just pray for like minded neighbors.

Hopefully I won't get sheeple living next to me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Demainman1: 5:51pm On May 20, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Time indeed will tell for your dreams and aspirations. Worry less about me and mine.

You don't want to be like me, I for sure don't want to be like you. I like my life.

Who I settle, by night and day is my problem, as long as you're not funding it abi? grin

It's a shame that you don't know the difference between attempt at land grabbing and robbery. Educated people know the difference and each requires different response.

What you regard as know it all is simply a benefit of exposure and age.

In Naija there is no difference between the two. Omoniles na for day time, most of dem na robbers and burglars for night.

The same way you cooperate with them for day, you will also do for night when they come calling or someone might not live to tell the story.

Masquerade man, all I can say is that you need Jesus and that bibeli o. Except no be the same Naija wey me and you dey talk about.

I wish you a very peaceful retirement sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 20, 2016
Demainman1:

In Naija there is no difference between the two. Omoniles na for day time, most of dem na robbers and burglars for night.

The same way you cooperate with them for day, you will also do for night when the come calling or someone might not live to tell the story.

Masquerade man, all I can say is that you need Jesus and that bibeli o. Except no be the same Naija wey me and you dey talk about.

I wish you a very peaceful retirement sir.

I really don't need your well wishes, I really don't. I'll have a peaceful and fantastic retirement regardless of what you say, think or hope. You're not in my inner circle cool

And please keep your sky fairy tales and storybook to yourself, I'm immune.

You don't know me or my character enough to postulate what I'll do.

You be you and I'll be me. It's really easy.

Why is it so important for you to make me see your point of view? I don't do that to you. I just post on what I believe. I didn't mention you because you are not someone of worth. Why can't you return in kind? cheesy abi Na by force to like EgunMogaji when I'm not jollof rice.

Let them come, you'll read the news next day. Not all of us are cowering sheeple.

My record on here is unblemished and I do what I say.

2 years ago I was looking to buy a plot. I bought two.

I wanted to buy a gate. I did.

I wanted to build an internal courtyard. It's at German floor level.

I wanted to build a garage apartment. It's at roofing level and to be roofed by Monday.

I've given you no reason to doubt me except that it's the juvenile thing to do score with like minded loudmouths.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 6:04pm On May 20, 2016
Am always late to the party.....make I spread my mat here this weekend. Everybody dey behave well until Anikkyshaya drop the shayo... shayo na bastard grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Demainman1: 6:04pm On May 20, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I really don't need your well wishes, I really don't.

And please keep your sky fairy tales and storybook to yourself, I'm immune.

You don't know me it my character enough to postulate what I'll do.

You be you and I'll be me. It's really easy.

Why is it so important for you to make me see your point of view? I don't do that to you. I just post on what I believe. I didn't mention you because you are not someone of worth. Why can't you return in kind? cheesy abi Na by force to like EgunMogaji when I'm not jollof rice.

Let them come, you'll read the news next day. Not all of us are cowering sheeple.

I dey enjoy your sermon even though you don't like me. Keep it up.

I quote you, you quote me, I quote you...... That is why nairaland na forum. It is expected. Ok . Ignore me this time as you no send me grin

But then someone else will quote you. You see? And so on and so forth.

The problem be say, you don too watch those action films hence most of your ideas dey do me like say I dey watch "cinema" grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 20, 2016
Demainman1:

I dey enjoy your sermon even though you don't like me. Keep it up.

I quote, you quote me, I quote you. That is why nairaland na forum. It is expected. Ok , ignore me this time as you no send me grin

But then some else will reply your comment. You see? And so on and so forth.

The problem be say, you don too watch those action films hence most of your ideas dey do me like say I dey watch "cinema" grin

Exactly grin

Today is not a busy day for me so I got time and I'm still making that dollar cool

Yes it's a forum, so why are you getting your panties in a wad because I don't subscribe to your sky fairy tales from the moonlight.

If na comedy, if na soap opera, which one be your gbeborun for my matter? Na you go live for my house?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:10pm On May 20, 2016
Choi! Person still dey make dollar while I dey watch match for ring side.

Make I go on commercial break. BRB.

Brabus
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 20, 2016
It's Anigilaje Friday, listening to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePv8Qs71Uhc

I just love when he pays homage to his band members grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (3747) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.