Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,202 members, 7,963,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:19 PM

Woman Who Lost Her Son At 20 Weeks Has This To Tell You (photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Who Lost Her Son At 20 Weeks Has This To Tell You (photo) (1491 Views)

What Would You Do To Him If He Is Your Son At The Moment(Photo) / Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid / Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Who Lost Her Son At 20 Weeks Has This To Tell You (photo) by Brownville007: 10:13am On Aug 26, 2015
Faith is defined as a confidence or trust in a person or thing — a belief that is not based on proof. I can think of no greater power to pour your faith into than God. But faith will inevitably be tested when terrible things happen. As a mother, one of the most terrible things I can imagine is losing a child at any age. Because let’s be honest – all it takes is seeing that heartbeat at the first sonogram, and you’re in love. That loss would certainly be something that would test my faith.
Please read on to hear her heartbreaking story in her own, beautiful words…

“I’ve gone back and forth for the past week or so about whether I wanted to post this. The courage I’ve seen in my friends to share difficult stories and to open themselves up to the fury of Facebook friends and strangers alike has been emboldening.

In light (or in the shadow) of the most recently released PP video and corresponding hashtag, I think it’s time.

This is a picture of my ‪#‎AnotherBoy‬ . 20 weeks old – though the chromosomal abnormality that took his life also prevented him from growing larger than a 15 week old baby.

For the past two months, I’ve felt the pain – emotional and physical – of having lost him. When I went to the hospital to deliver him, I was assigned two nurses whose only job that evening was to care for me: the one single grieving mother in Labor & Delivery.

I was put at the end of the hall so my heart wouldn’t be burdened by the cries of the other loudly living babies. When it was time for him to be born, the doctor didn’t dare pull him out as she normally might have. She held out her hands to catch him gently.
The nurses carried him gently; washed him gently; wrapped him gently; were careful not to tear his fragile skin or bend his tiny fingers – not because they were handling a viable commodity, but because they were preparing a small Anselmo for burial, and not a fingernail was to be disturbed.

He had died days earlier, and yet everyone knew: this little person deserves honor, even though he is past the point of feeling or being aware of his own treatment.

To such as this stunted little covenant child who most likely had mental retardation – to such as him belongs the kingdom of heaven.

His value didn’t come from the fact that he was wanted, or that he would have been brought home to a warm home, loving family, full fridge, and given a rich education and adequate medical care.

His value came from the image he bore: of the God who took time out of His busy schedule of whisking up typhoons and composing “Indian Bullfrog Symphony no. 7,954,638,067 in G Major” to say “hang on, I’ve just gotta make another one. This one will be short, yet beautiful: I think I’ll leave off a chromosome this time.”

We may not always be able to make sense of the bad things that happen in this world. Down here on earth, we have such a limited view.

Source: http://www.nativefowl.com/she-lost-her-son-at-20-weeks-and-what-she-has-to-say-so-inspiring/

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Lost Her Son At 20 Weeks Has This To Tell You (photo) by Rukkydelta(f): 10:22am On Aug 27, 2015
Eyaa
Re: Woman Who Lost Her Son At 20 Weeks Has This To Tell You (photo) by richyrichlady(f): 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
he knows all things and understand all things, he will surely fill your mouth with laugher once again

(1) (Reply)

Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive / ATTENTION: Let The Entire Public Warn This Man To Stop Breaking Peoples Home / Grandsons Grant Grandfather His Last Dying Wish: To Have One More Beer Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.