Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,974 members, 7,936,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 03:28 AM

When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? (13068 Views)

Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Who Made Osinbajo A Professor At Unilag? / Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

Roflmao cheesy cheesy

A professor is an advanced university teacher that has put in may years in research and teaching. There are no known schools where she taught for a minute and was not pronounced a professor by any university senate et al. No, Ngozi Iweala is not a professor.

Well, one of our smart sisters has come to the rescue of the not-so-smart ones. grin
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by LadyT(f): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2009
Pataki:

Arindin, oku igbe of a woman.  grin Apoda aiyeraye oshi yi.  lipsrsealed

At least the credibility and educational stand of a woman like you is being questioned, who can refer to yours? Useless entity. Keep on typing where you meet your moronic types typing. Shediot. grin

LMAO How can someone as sick as you are be so bitter?

Keep talking for those you actually give a damn.  Your fellow wack job has joined in.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2009

Furthermore, he hints that being in the midst of women isn‘t something that is strange to him. ”I have very strong sisters; one used to be a minister of finance and the other a medical doctor and professor. So, I have never felt uncomfortable being with women and I have four daughters,” he explains.
-- Chi-Chi Okonjo (brother to Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala)

Source: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2009031511535978
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by bawomolo(m): 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2009
thank you hotfunmi

With a PHD, you start as an instructor, then adjunct professor then a tenured professor (after many research and publications).

them no they get professor title with only PHD
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by blacksta(m): 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2009
who cares any way she is doing a fantastic job
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Pataki: 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2009
LadyT:

LMAO How can someone as sick as you are be so bitter?

Keep talking for those you actually give a damn.  Your fellow wack job has joined in.
Jenifa, don't go yet. . . . .

Read the moronic lines you have spitted. It is obvious a gallant idiot like you just types without reasoning. What a lame line of response.

A person who is sick is normally not happy (bitter). So how does your line of: ''someone sick be so bitter'' make any sense? Mamdam educated but no brains. Ode akusara eniyan. grin
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Pataki: 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2009
iReport:

Roflmao cheesy cheesy

A professor is an advanced university teacher that has put in may years in research and teaching. There are no known schools where she taught for a minute and was not pronounced a professor by any university senate et al. No, Ngozi Iweala is not a professor.
At least, the wheat is being separated from the debris on this forum. Another educated woman to be proud of, has just typed, not like the Oshodi oke babes privileged to have internet access, that one keeps coming across on this section. grin
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2009
blacksta:

who cares any way she is doing a fantastic job

Of course she is.

I started this thread to see how Nairalanders will react to this form of titlemania.

We don't want those who have not earned the title of "professor" to be addressed thus.

She is very smart, PhD MIT no be beans! But let us address her as Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and not Professor Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:23pm On Apr 07, 2009
Pataki:

At least, the wheat is being separated from the debris on this forum. Another educated woman to be proud of, has just typed, not like the Oshodi oke babes privileged to have internet access, that one keeps coming across on this section. grin

Pataki,

You wicked o. grin grin grin grin That brought back memories of conductors shouting "Oshodi oke, Oshodi oke" at Mile 2. Arghh, Lagos!
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Pataki: 9:31pm On Apr 07, 2009
@ RichyBlack,

I do not even think Oshodi oke will exist again though. cry Fashola is really doing an impressive job. I suppose that is why there is an escalation of hoydens on nairaland these days. grin

That said, I adore Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, she is truly a remarkable woman. But let it be known, she is not yet a Professor. Thanks for making that correction on wikipedia.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by biina: 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2009
I am shocked at the level of ignorance displayed by some on the topic at hand.

A phd degree (irrespective of the awarding school) is a long way from a professorship.

A cursory look at Okonjo-iweala's career profile on the site of some reputable financial institutions will confirm that there is no reference to her holding a faculty position in any institution.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Becomrrich: 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2009
There is noway in this world Iweala would replace soludo,   

it would not happen, you people give up,

In the last 16 years igbos have occupied the Central bank governor position for 12 years,  so the online mosop mafia. give up there is no way iweala would replace soludo. they would protest and shut down the system. if that happen.

Dr. Paul A. Ogwuma, OFR
Served From: 10/1/1993  - Retired  5/29/1999

Prof. Chukwuma C. Soludo, CFR
Served From: 5/29/2004  - To Date
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Pataki: 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2009
Becomrrich:

There is noway in this world Iweala would replace soludo,

it would not happen, you people give up,

In the last 16 years igbos have ocuupied the Central bank governor position for 12 years, so the online mosop mafia. give up there is no way iweala would replace soludo. they would protest and shut down the system. if that happen.

Dr. Paul A. Ogwuma, OFR
Served From: 10/1/1993 - Retired 5/29/1999

Prof. Chukwuma C. Soludo, CFR
Served From: 5/29/2004 - To Date
Are you OK? Are you drunk? Were you sleep typing? Does this look like the Soludo thread?
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Becomrrich: 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2009
pataki, you cant read between the line. The mosop mafia online, knows that soludo would likely be replaced. so they are trying to push another igbo . like if central bank governor position is a birthright or na zoning. it is not zoning .
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by mustafar1: 10:03pm On Apr 07, 2009
Becomrrich:

pataki, you cant read between the line. The mosop mafia online, knows that soludo would likely be replaced. so they are trying to push another igbo . like if central bank governor position is a birthright or na zoning. it is not zoning .

ALL THESE TRIBALISTS SEF! darn it. become rich se na like this you dey take interact with people all around you? if person na IGBO you no dey follow am yarn abi na only online you oppose anything thats not benin republic of yoruba
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by bawomolo(m): 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2009
Tpia - being awarded a fellowship doesn't make you a professor. there are many PHD students who become fellows. There are even honorary fellows.

Let this go
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 10:14pm On Apr 07, 2009
tpia:

the title of the thread is WHEN DID NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA BECOME A PROFESSOR.

Now, as usual, the OP started the thread as a result of his bad belle jealousy of Iweala.  Did he even try finding out why she was listed as a professor in the wiki entry? No. Instead, with his typical mindset which strongly resembles that of a polygamic fifth wife, he went about trying to slander her and prove rubbish.

Where are the results of his so called investigations? Nowhere, because he didnt do any.

Ngozi was a fellow at a major research institute or college which I dont have time to dig out right now. Has any of you barking here discovered that fact? No, until I pointed it out. What does a fellow do? Please tell me.

this is related to your problem in what way? Are you drunk with ganja?

grin
Market woman proper!
grin

My sincere apologies to all true market women! You sure don't deserve this.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Becomrrich: 10:27pm On Apr 07, 2009
must_a_far , look there is noway iweala would replace soludo, get that into your when the most likely replace is dr sarah alaba. we would make sure they shut down the system if need be . if she is over looked for the position.

We would not be discriminated upon. And we say No to apatheid and discrimination. Get that into your head. And a discrimation against Dr sarah alaba is a discrimination against all yorubas.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by bawomolo(m): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2009
dude STFU, this thread has nothing do with yoruba's or soludo. carry your madness somewhere else.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by mustafar1: 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2009
i refuse to get ur herpis into my head. anyway im not surprised sha. no be becomerich, next thing now he'll storm the thread with maps showing nothing
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Becomrrich: 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2009
look get that into your head, your igb o mafia, using internet and newspaper to push for govt position is over. we yorubas would not be discriminated again.

Look the igbos have had more than thier shares of postion and other . even the igbos have more state than they merit for.

And 12 years in a position and your igbos mafia are pushing for Iweala to replace soludo. hell no. it would not happen. 12 years of 16 years. it shows your level of greed. Do you now see why nigerian do not want to vote an igboman as president. this is the reason greed.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by MaiSuya(m): 11:43pm On Apr 07, 2009
MR becomerich, would you kindly keep quiet for a while? Where did you get that ridiculous idea that iwaela is being pushed for the coveted seat? Did she telll you that she is interested in the post?

A question, very simple and straightforward by most standards, was asked by OP:

Can someone tell me when Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala become a professor and of what academic institution? [/b]Or is this another manifestation of sycophants embellishing the achievements of their "oga madams", a common phenomenon in Nigeria?

But even that, simple as it was, clearly stretch the limits of the single-digit IQed dimwit who unfortunately being the first respondent set the tone for this needless barrage of ethnic bashing.

Anyone with evidence of her postdoctoral research work, publications, should bring it for all to see, otherwise she remains [b]Dr
Okonjo-Iweala!!!!
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by OBVIOUS(m): 11:51pm On Apr 07, 2009
Nairaland is the epitome of Nigeria. LO L cry cry cry cry
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Becomrrich: 12:01am On Apr 08, 2009
mai suyu omo igbo, i know so, some people have been pushing her name around. it would never happen. and that why they start this topic in the first place. i know so,
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 12:10am On Apr 08, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Pataki: 12:19am On Apr 08, 2009
I wonder why people are bothering to respond to the troll above me. A simple question was asked, she tagged it as ''bad belle''. Her adjoining question was answered, yet all she could say was:
tpia:

Ngozi was a fellow at a major research institute or college which I dont have time to dig out right now.

She does not have time to dig out her supporting information which by the way is utterly useless, yet she had the time precisely after two hours of making the comment quoted above to sit down and type this:
tpia:

what exactly is your problem?

I said one of you people barking here should go and find out why she was called professor, and the answers you're giving me sound so daft!

Simple- the woman was called professor on wiki.  Richyblack out of bad belle and jealous indignation, insists she cant be a Professor because he's wasnt notified when she became one.

That's the whole point of this thread.

You, in typical mugu fashion, are trying to derail the thread by claiming I'm saying she's a professor because she has a PhD and because she was a research fellow.

Una well so?

Seriously, the rate at which many of you emigres are going down the drain sense wise, is very alarming and something needs to be done about this. Is the Nigerian govt not aware of this critical problem? This is the future manpower they'll say they're relying on later nah!!! You people make yourselves sound so stupid!!!!

One would have thought, rather than throw her tantrums on the internet, she do go and back-up her claims to astonishingly prove that there is really ''bad belle'' here. On the contrary, tilapia has failed to do, rather wallowing further in her idiocy.

What a loon. undecided
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by bawomolo(m): 12:24am On Apr 08, 2009
tpia:

what exactly is your problem?

I said one of you people barking here should go and find out why she was called professor, and the answers you're giving me sound so daft!

Simple- the woman was called professor on wiki.  Richyblack out of bad belle and jealous indignation, insists she cant be a Professor because he's wasnt notified when she became one.

That's the whole point of this thread.

You, in typical mugu fashion, are trying to derail the thread by claiming I'm saying she's a professor because she has a PhD and because she was a research fellow.

Una well so?

Seriously, the rate at which many of you emigres are going down the drain sense wise, is very alarming and something needs to be done about this. Is the Nigerian govt not aware of this critical problem? This is the future manpower they'll say they're relying on later nah!!! You people make yourselves sound so stupid!!!!

you can babble all you want but being a PHD holder or a fellow(typically awarded to Grad students or honorary) doesn't make you a professor.  her proper title is Doctor and not professor.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 12:28am On Apr 08, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 12:31am On Apr 08, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by bawomolo(m): 12:32am On Apr 08, 2009
You are supposed to find out if she was appointed professor somewhere! A good place to begin your enquiry is the college where she got her PhD! From there you proceed with your investigation.

not really, most PHD holders that go into academia usually go on to join faculty in other schools. You usually have to prove yourself in a mid-tier state school etc to be part of the faculty of an ivy league school.  No one is questioning whether she went to MIT.

If Indeed is/was part of a faculty, then that would be easily be found on her resume or federal government profile.  Being a fellow or having a PHD isn't relevant to whether she should have the professor title.

you right, i went to ojuelegba grammar school. i was last place in my class.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Inspects The Construction Of Kings Market, Ado Ekiti / PDP warns INEC, reveals how APC plans to rig 2019 Election / Elections: APC Will Triumph In South-East – Uzodimma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.