Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,963 members, 7,963,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 03:06 AM

Jealousy In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jealousy In Relationships (816 Views)

? / What Can Jealousy In Relationships Do To Your Relationship? Kill Or Promote It? / What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jealousy In Relationships by veeluv2015(f): 9:46am On Oct 08, 2015

They say a little jealousy is healthy in every relationship because it is a sign that there is at least a little love in the relationship. But people tend to forget that it’s just a little that is healthy. What happens when it gets too much? How do we even quantify jealousy? How do we know if it is the right amount of jealousy we are showing or if we are over doing it and how do we know when it turns to obsession? Most importantly, how do we control it so that we don’t blow it out of proportion? These are questions that come to mind when it comes to jealousy.

Jealousy is a behaviour that every human being possesses. It is a part of us. It is not only in relationships we see it. We see it even in young children who tend to get jealous when their friend or siblings get something they want. So it is a part of us whether we like it or not.

I am here to write specifically about jealousy in relationships. It is one sure means of causing problems in relationships. The most common thing that gets your partner jealous is your being too friendly with members of the opposite sex. The major cause of jealousy is insecurity. When you feel your partner doesn’t love you enough (for reasons best known to you), you get threatened when you see them getting too comfortable with members of the opposite sex. You start to see them as potential rivals. Maybe because he’s got some real ‘dough’ in his bank account and you’ve not (for the guys) or she’s so hot she can set a paper on fire (for the girls). These little things make you feel insecure forgetting the fact that he/she has been with you all along not minding the ‘condition’ you’ve been in.

I read about a case where a girl got an acid bath by her boyfriend because he saw her with a guy he warned her to stay away from. Now, he didn’t ask her to stay away from the guy because he caught them in the act but because he feels he is trying to take his place. When asked why he went to the extent of giving his girlfriend an acid bath, he simply said that way, nobody will try to steal her away from him forgetting that it could lead to her death. Now what do you call this? Is it madness, obsession or jealousy? I think this is far way beyond jealousy. What am I trying to bring out here? I am trying to say sometimes, you might think you are saving your relationship by that act of jealousy when in the real sense you are killing it. If you love someone, you should learn to trust them. I feel that if you trust someone, you will believe in them and be assured that they will make the right decisions. Some give the excuse of saying they have trusted once and it went the wrong way. So what? Does that stop you from giving someone else a chance? You have to keep trying until you get what you want. If it doesn’t work for Mr. A, it might work for Mr. B but you wouldn’t know until you try Mr. B. Don’t let the jealousy turn into anger because it could make you do things that you’ll regret for the rest of your life.

How do you know when you are exercising the right amount of jealousy?

The bitter truth is that there is no device or software to tell you that. When you notice that you quarrel very often over little things like hugs and text messages or when you start hitting your partner, then I’m afraid it is no more normal. And if you look deeply, you might realize that you are obsessed with them and when it turns to obsession, that’s a dead end. The relationship can never be enjoyable.

I do not have a perfect relationship and I don’t think anybody does. I learn every day from experience and people and I decide to share what I have learnt. Do not lose everything you’ve both worked for just because of the insecurity you feel. Sit together and work things out. Discuss possible solutions to your jealousy problem. I believe with love, trust and constant communication, you can make it work.

And one more thing, if your partner doesn’t get jealous at all, then he is not putting his whole heart into it and if his heart isn’t in the relationship, then he doesn’t love you. So do not get angry or walk out on him because he is jealous (but u should do that if he always gets violent). Instead, help him work on his jealousy and reassure him of how much you love him and want to be with him.

I pray everything works out fine for all of us.

CIAO!!!

SOURCE: http://nairarepublic.com/thread/jealousy-in-relationships/
Re: Jealousy In Relationships by younghartz(m): 10:21am On Oct 08, 2015
Lmao
That pic is crazy

A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself. Real love is letting a person be who they really are.
Re: Jealousy In Relationships by Cutehector(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2015
Jealousy kills relationships like d way ebola kills...

Its normal for one to be jealous... But whr satan will punish d person is when he or she shows it to d extreme.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ladies! One Sure Way To Give Your Lover Heart Attack / Do You Want Powerful Attract Women Easily / When Your Girlfriend No Longer Loves You...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.