Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,101 members, 7,960,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5113175 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2706) (2707) (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) ... (5808) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:54pm On May 26, 2020
Babadee1900:
It takes the grace of God to stay afloat at this point in time. I keep imagining how drivers on HP and rental are coping. It’s not easy out there bro.

Anyhow e be sha, we go see our own. So far so good since May 5, I know how much I’ve been able to save towards my house rent.

It is well boss, I've received call from mine too... Told him, there's is pandemic out here, its no body's fault as I have never owe him before or have any outstanding, he should give me some time to sought things out, he's part of my plans and won't take him for granted. Case settled cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 6:01pm On May 26, 2020
pope191:

2 things happed to me during this lockdown, funny experience to me as I never tot I can get emotional again doing this driving stuff.

1. On a very good day after going to the island and back to mainland ard 6 30pm, I'm going to ogba, so I found myself ard Adeniyi Jones, this request entered, called rider, she's at Toyin street going to Berger grin I smile, since I already have 9500 on my dash board, let me just upgrade to 10k, since dis lockdown period is harsh & one knows tomorrow. That's was how I blow thro during that rush hour from Adeniyi Jones to Toyin street on a 10 mins ETA, as I was driving towards Allen, I'm just observing the traffic on the other side of the road (from Opebi rd abt to Allen). As I turned into Toyin, I hear the cancel sound grin grin grin Jesus! I didn't know when I call the rider and almost cry asking her, why! Why!! Why!!! Why on earth did u do this kind of a tin, look at the traffic out here. She was just apologising "I tot u were still far away and I need to get another ride"... I didn't even bother to ask her, if I could drive down to her, I cut the phone on her and just look out for another ride, which I was able to get.

2. This one happened last week. Around 4:50pm, I check my dashboard and I'm just pondering worst day (3400 plus 1k offline) and if I should just call it a day, when this request came in ard 5pm, I put a call to the rider and she was going to Akoko from Magodo phase 2, think thro if I should take my chances and the need to get home a happy soul, so I check ETA and found out by 6pm I'll b dia and if I can't make it home that evening, I'll pass d night at a friends place ard Lagos mainland... Immediately I dropped her, I set destination trip and a trip of 1.3 surge with 8min ETA came in from oweh street Jibowu going to magodo phase 1, I don't think it took 3 mins to get to PU grin Got dia and this girl came out from a salon, ask me to park well cos she is making her hair and what's left is just for them to deep it in hot water, then pack d hair, I should please just give her 10 mins. Who goes me? On surge and card grin madam take ur time, no problem. I didn't know they were 2 girls, it took them 45 mins to finish what they r doing, what really got to me was when I sight them from the rearview buying small chops, I was just boiling inside like "abi this girls they craze or they just don't understand the intensity of what they are doing, after checking map, our best bet is 1:19mins to get to magodo and they are still doing this rubbish, ohk! Madness will meet nonchalant today". As the hop into the car, that proudful "Sorry oo driver", me: I'm not going again, I need to cancel this trip, I'm just waiting for you to get in so I can explain that lockdown is 8 and this is too 7, I have a home too or will I pass the night at ur place? Riders: Ha! Oga please don't do this, we book you because bolt will close the app once it 6, how do u want us to get home now? Me: how is that my business now, u girls acted like u just don't care atall, look at the time, if I drop you now and got caught on my way home, am I going to call you, I'll pay 10k to police on a trip of how much ( I'm just looking for a way to make money off d situation, but my church mind won't let me)... I let them b and drove them to there destination, their thank you was the most humble one I've ever received in life grin they just stay humble throughout the ride despite using long Ikeja route to beat triffic and lockdown time, they didn't even bother to ask questions (They won't like to alight half way) cheesy
see ehn, if everybody begins to share their experience with rider canceling when they are almost at the PU, the ‘tory go long gan. This lockdown period, there’s been more of rider canceling than me canceling, sometimes I feel they are pranking the driver.

For me anything from 5pm I’m already on my way home. Anywhere I am by 5, I must set destination to my area and keep driving, if I get a request along the road, good, if I don’t still good.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fabkimzzy1: 6:09pm On May 26, 2020
Felicity0001:

I personally domt think Dru will comeback to nairaland again, among many reasons I'll only state one sarcastically.

Give yourself a two weeks break from nairaland or let the mods ban you say for like 7days, you would have noticed NL adds little or no value to you rather a total waste of resource, time and energy which you've profited you more had you invested those same time, resource and energy on something else.

In a nut shell, dru isn't coming back because it doesnt cost anything to create another other moniker.

Same reason is behind my erratic presence here if not for the mentions, hineatly? I don't know.

Evening bro!
I'm actually a civil servant and i need a side hustle to augment the paltry we're collecting, I've decided on ehaling (Uber, Bolt etc.). I will like to know more about car specs, rules of engagement and how to make money considering the fact that I will be operating after office hours. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:15pm On May 26, 2020
sweetguy10:
My car audio system stopped working after an interior car wash . Please what could be wrong ?

You just answered your own question. With the vague information you gave it could only be moisture

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 7:04pm On May 26, 2020
I almost got stranded inside VGC this evening grin. I took a rider there and I entered using her Access Card. I forgot to ask her for code until I got to the exit gate before I remembered.

I don’t have the girls phone number nor her house address. Someone booked for her and gave her my car details. I called the person that booked the trip it was switched off.

How will I get out of this estate now? grin,
How do I locate the house where I dropped the girl ?
Who do I beg for code?

These were the questions I kept asking myself. I decided to trace my way back to where I dropped her off, chai very challenging, so many turn right turn left. I finally located the house after many wrong turns . Got to the house, who do I ask of sef? No security guard in sight. I knock gate tire, no response.

I kept trying the phone number of the person that ordered, luckily I got through after what seems like forever. I told her my ordeal and this lady burst into laughter, I don’t even know how it happened I joined her in the laugh. She later sent me the code.

Drivers make sure you get the access code before you drop your riders off if you entered using their Card

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:22pm On May 26, 2020
Babadee1900:
I almost got stranded inside VGC this evening grin. I took a rider there and I entered using her Access Card. I forgot to ask her for code until I got to the exit gate before I remembered.

I don’t have the girls phone number nor her house address. Someone booked for her and gave her my car details. I called the person that booked the trip it was switched off.

How will I get out of this estate now? grin,
How do I locate the house where I dropped the girl ?
Who do I beg for code?

These were the questions I kept asking myself. I decided to trace my way back to where I dropped her off, chai very challenging, so many turn right turn left. I finally located the house after many wrong turns . Got to the house, who do I ask of sef? No security guard in sight. I knock gate tire, no response.

I kept trying the phone number of the person that ordered, luckily I got through after what seems like forever. I told her my ordeal and this lady burst into laughter, I don’t even know how it happened I joined her in the laugh. She later sent me the code.

Drivers make sure you get the access code before you drop your riders off if you entered using their Card
Oh do they now ask for code to drive out?
They only have to check your trunk, unless you have load.
Abi dem just start??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 8:29pm On May 26, 2020
The new trick these oloshos use is to book you on hold before 6pm. 2 of them did that to me today. They booked some mins past 5pm when they knew they were not ready. I waited for close to 20 mins before one of them called to assure me that they would soon join me. Fast forward to 6.15 they called and I told them that I had left. They flared up. Called me all sorts of names and cancelled trip. I chatted them mins later that I was still around. To cut the story short, they became humbled. We went offline. And local man collected more. grin
pope191:

2 things happed to me during this lockdown, funny experience to me as I never tot I can get emotional again doing this driving stuff.

1. On a very good day after going to the island and back to mainland ard 6 30pm, I'm going to ogba, so I found myself ard Adeniyi Jones, this request entered, called rider, she's at Toyin street going to Berger grin I smile, since I already have 9500 on my dash board, let me just upgrade to 10k, since dis lockdown period is harsh & no one knows tomorrow. That was how I blow thro during that rush hour from Adeniyi Jones to Toyin street on a 10 mins ETA, as I was driving towards Allen, I'm just observing the traffic on the other side of the road (from Opebi rd abt to Allen). As I turned into Toyin, I hear the cancellation sound grin grin grin Jesus! I didn't know when I call the rider and almost cry asking her, why! Why!! Why!!! Why on earth did u do this kind of a tin, look at the traffic out here. She was just apologising "I tot u were still far away and I need to get another ride"... I didn't even bother to ask her, if I could drive down to her, I cut the phone on her and just look out for another ride, which I was able to get.

2. This one happened last week. Around 4:50pm, I check my dashboard and I'm just pondering worst day (3400 plus 1k offline) and if I should just call it a day, when this request came in ard 5pm, I put a call to the rider and she was going to Akoko from Magodo phase 2, think thro if I should take my chances and the need to get home a happy soul, so I check ETA and found out by 6pm I'll b dia and if I can't make it home that evening, I'll pass d night at a friends place ard Lagos mainland... Immediately I dropped her, I set destination trip and a trip of 1.3 surge with 8min ETA came in from oweh street Jibowu going to magodo phase 1, I don't think it took 3 mins to get to PU grin Got dia and this girl came out from a salon, ask me to park well cos she is making her hair and what's left is just for them to deep it in hot water, then pack d hair, I should please just give her 10 mins. Who goes me? On surge and card grin madam take ur time, no problem. I didn't know they were 2 girls, it took them 45 mins to finish what they r doing, what really got to me was when I sight them from the rearview buying small chops, I was just boiling inside like "abi this girls they craze or they just don't understand the intensity of what they are doing, after checking map, our best bet is 1:19mins to get to magodo and they are still doing this rubbish, ohk! Madness will meet nonchalant today". As the hop into the car, that proudful "Sorry oo driver", me: I'm not going again, I need to cancel this trip, I'm just waiting for you to get in so I can explain that lockdown is 8 and this is too 7, I have a home too or will I pass the night at ur place? Riders: Ha! Oga please don't do this, we book you because bolt will close the app once it 6, how do u want us to get home now? Me: how is that my business now, u girls acted like u just don't care atall, look at the time, if I drop you now and got caught on my way home, am I going to call you, I'll pay 10k to police on a trip of how much ( I'm just looking for a way to make money off d situation, but my church mind won't let me)... I let them b and drove them to there destination, their thank you was the most humble one I've ever received in life grin they just stay humble throughout the ride despite using long Ikeja route to beat triffic and lockdown time, they didn't even bother to ask questions (They won't like to alight half way) cheesy

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 8:32pm On May 26, 2020
They ask for code now. And I remember sharing my experience regarding this before Covid. I was literally stranded for more than an hour.
Gentlelife50:

Abi dem just start??

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:13pm On May 26, 2020
davit:
They ask for code now. And I remember sharing my experience regarding this before Covid. I was literally stranded for more than an hour.
Are you for real?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:14pm On May 26, 2020
Babadee1900:
see ehn, if everybody begins to share their experience with rider canceling when they are almost at the PU, the ‘tory go long gan. This lockdown period, there’s been more of rider canceling than me canceling, sometimes I feel they are pranking the driver.

For me anything from 5pm I’m already on my way home. Anywhere I am by 5, I must set destination to my area and keep driving, if I get a request along the road, good, if I don’t still good.

Lolzz.
Let me share one painful one I had.

Took a rider to FESTAC one early morning. (7am)
Then got a request from Lagos-badagry expressway. (destination: Ajah)
Rider was on the other side of the express, directly opposite FESTAC first gate.

I called rider and told her that I'm inside Festac, and I have to go down to alakija to make a turn, then connect the middle lane to where she is, and it'll take me 15mins ETA.
She said no problem.

I drove all the way down to Alakija, connect to the middle lane and drove to pick up point. Called rider two times, but she wasn't picking up. Few seconds later I got cancellation notification.

I got stranded and confused. I can't go back to festac, I can't drive back to Alakija, I can't connect to Amuwo odofin nor Orile, cos I'm on the middle lane. My only option is to drive down to Ijora, connect through Costain to surulere or connect through Eko bridge to Marina. And there was heavy traffic climbing that Ijora bridge that morning.

ETA to Costain alone was 45mins.

Me....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:18pm On May 26, 2020
donfortune48:

Lolzz.

Rider was on the other side of the express, directly opposite FESTAC first gate.

I called rider and told her that I'm inside Festac, and I have to go down to alakija to make a turn, then connect the middle lane to where she is, and it'll take me 15mins ETA.
She said no problem.

I drove all the way down to Alakija, connect to the middle lane and drove to pick up point. Called rider two times, but she wasn't picking up. Few seconds later I got cancellation notification.

I got stranded and confused. I can't go back to festac, I can't drive back to Alakija, I can't connect to Amuwo odofin nor Orile, cos I'm on the middle lane. My only option is to drive down to Ijora, connect through Costain to surulere or connect through Eko bridge to Marina. And there was heavy traffic climbing that Ijora bridge that morning.

Me....

grin grin grin grin

Next time, don't turn and go and meet them.

Ask them to cross over and meet you. Then start the trip and begin the journey to Alakija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 9:27pm On May 26, 2020
Babadee1900:

I wonder if uber don’t know there is curfew. There destination trip is not available all the time. I set destination from 4pm only bolt work, Uber will say not available at this time. Me go just go offline on Uber, cos I’ll definitely cancel if the person not going my direction. Uber should learn to adjust. This is Nigeria. Bolt keep adjusting, that’s y bolt keep leading Uber.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 9:33pm On May 26, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Abi dem just start??

They ask for code at the exit. Very annoying and frustrating estate to go into. You can spend like 30mins at the gate just to go in.

Meanwhile on cancellations, mine was not cancellations per say. I set my destination to Abraham Adesanya around past 5 from Lekki. Got a request to Badore. Traffic was already building and in my head I'll just drop off the rider and head home. Dropped the rider off around 6:30 and immediately another request came in.

I called the rider and asked where she was headed, she said Blenco Sangotedo, I said no problem, na my route. After the abnormal delays we began the trip, this was like some minutes to 7. Apparently she was a drug mule or merchant. She started making calls and the person she was going to meet told her to go to Folixx at Lekki. For my mind I just dey laugh. The girl was just on calls and didn't even ask if I'll go.

We were almost at Ajah in traffic when she said, "Oga, na Folixx we dey go o", and I'm like "I'm sorry I'm not going towards that direction". She wanted to start raising her voice that didn't I hear when she was making call, why didn't I say I wasn't going, and now she can't order another ride bla bla bla. I asked her again if I didn't ask her when I called her initially. She was like bla bla bla. I no sha talk. I was still driving in traffic towards the bridge.

Las las sha, she made calls, and had to re-route to Awoyaya.

Na road I for sleep that day...

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:34pm On May 26, 2020
izzou:

grin grin grin grin

Next time, don't turn and go and meet them.

Ask them to cross over and meet you. Then start the trip and begin the journey to Alakija

My brother.
Na cancellation experience we dey share nah.
I learnt something that day. Tolerance & forgiveness.

I still made over 20k after commission that day.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:37pm On May 26, 2020
xana101:
I wonder if uber don’t know there is curfew. There destination trip is not available all the time. I set destination from 4pm only bolt work, Uber will say not available at this time. Me go just go offline on Uber, cos I’ll definitely cancel if the person not going my direction. Uber should learn to adjust. This is Nigeria. Bolt keep adjusting, that’s y bolt keep leading Uber.

I don't even remember my Uber app again.
People have been saying that there's a new terms of agreement that you have to read and accept before you can go online.

I haven't bothered to check it out yet.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:40pm On May 26, 2020
Babadee1900:

Make I no teach u bad tin cheesy that 5pm nah em sweet trip deh enter pass, pending on location
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:41pm On May 26, 2020
donfortune48:

My brother.
Na cancellation experience we dey share nah.
I learnt something that day. Tolerance & forgiveness.

I still made over 20k after commission that day.

My G cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 26, 2020
eyinola:
i think the downtime is just for this period, nobody is going out on fridays like before, no weddings, funerals on Saturdays, no church , no beach on sundays, nobody is going shopping and all dat..and it won't remain like dat for ever na, abi u poeple r seen other things we can't see? Me am just coming on board shaa grin and thank God its my car

It may take a while for things to return to normal. 2021, maybe. Anyone using ehailing platforms to make financial plans or business decision in the next one year should better quash such plans. The hustle is half dead. It may remain this way in the foreseeable future.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:44pm On May 26, 2020
xana101:

Drivers should please go off on Uber, one have to sacrifice to get what he/she wants in this life... If we can survive lockdown, pls lock down Uber app, until sense starts falling on them.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:54pm On May 26, 2020
ndubuis:

It may take a while for things to return to normal. 2021, maybe. Anyone using ehailing platforms to make financial plans or business decision in the next one year should better quash such plans. The hustle is half dead. It may remain this way for the foreseeable future.

I don't believe the hustle is dead, all it take is life to get back to normalcy, transport is essential and people will always have a need for it... Right now, no school, no church, no party, no club e.t.c our social life is almost zero and to cap it all offices and shops r yet to open, so if u think urs is d worst case, think about folks that have dia living attached to dis. We just have to chill and watch how things unfold. Its a year of survival, not profit boss.

I strongly believe anyone that is financial buoyant enough wont near public mode of transport right now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:00pm On May 26, 2020
donfortune48:

Lolzz.

She said no problem.

Me....

cheesy this one pain me, I can never try it, even if the surge is 5.0, I don't trust riders with some pick up... Anytin I'm ard that area, I cancel trip that won't enable me to use ago road out.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:02pm On May 26, 2020
davit:
The new trick these oloshos use is to book you on hold before 6pm. 2 of them did that to me today. They booked some mins past 5pm when they knew they were not ready. I waited for close to 20 mins before one of them called to assure me that they would soon join me. Fast forward to 6.15 they called and I told them that I had left. They flared up. Called me all sorts of names and cancelled trip. I chatted them mins later that I was still around. To cut the story short, they became humbled. We went offline. And local man collected more. grin

Sure, I can make money of them, but I just choose to overlook dia attitude.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 26, 2020
pope191:

I don't believe the hustle is dead, all it take is life to get back to normalcy, transport is essential and people will always have a need for it... Right now, no school, no church, no party, no club e.t.c our social life is almost zero and to cap it all offices and shops r yet to open, so if u think urs is d worst case, think about folks that have dia living attached to dis. We just have to chill and watch how things unfold. Its a year of survival, not profit boss.

I strongly believe anyone that is financial buoyant enough wont near public mode of transport right now.

I like your optimism. Those places you mentioned may not return that soon. Things may even take a turn for the worse here in Nigeria. You know why? Coronavirus cases will keep increasing in Nigeria. There's no sign it will go away anytime soon. Both the government and the people have refused to take responsibility.

The economic and social stagnation is going to remain here with us until a vaccine is found. All those social and economic variables you mentioned is what drives this industry. I'm not being negative, but I can only see a turn around when a vaccine surfaces. Things can't just start happening like that. It's no rocket science. In the end, only the strong will survive. A plague is staring at us in the face and it won't just fade.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:16pm On May 26, 2020
pope191:

Sure, I can make money of them, but I just choose to overlook dia attitude.

E belike make i report you to lalasticlacla angry girls wey you for chop.

Oya give me their number make i warn them

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:31pm On May 26, 2020
tojahh:

E belike make i report you to lalasticlacla angry girls wey you for chop.

Oya give me their number make i warn them

Nah dia house address I get, make I give u?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:54pm On May 26, 2020
ndubuis:

I like your optimism. Those places you mentioned may not return that soon. Things may even take a turn for the worse here in Nigeria. You know why? Coronavirus cases will keep increasing in Nigeria. There's no sign it will go away anytime soon. Both the government and the people have refused to take responsibility.

The economic and social stagnation is going to remain here with us until a vaccine is found. All those social and economic variables you mentioned is what drives this industry. I'm not being negative, but I can only see a turn around when a vaccine surfaces. Things can't just start happening like that. It's no rocket science. In the end, only the strong will survive. A plague is staring at us in the face and it won't just fade.

Then its a general thing and we don't have to make it look like its all about Uber/bolt. Come to think of the increase in case, do u think Nigerians still care about the virus or face mask? Let me blow your mind, we practice copy and paste economy, once developed countries start going back to their regular activities, our government will do the same.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:00pm On May 26, 2020
Gentlelife50:

Are you for real?
Next time you have a trip to VGC make sure the rider shares the code with you. Else, OYO

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dckng16(m): 11:57pm On May 26, 2020
ndubuis:

It may take a while for things to return to normal. 2021, maybe. Anyone using ehailing platforms to make financial plans or business decision in the next one year should better quash such plans. The hustle is half dead. It may remain this way in the foreseeable future.
there is no corona virus in Nigeria, by next week Buhari will completely lift lockdown and things will return back to normal.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Richdee1(m): 12:32am On May 27, 2020
dckng16:
there is no corona virus in Nigeria, by next week Buhari will completely lift lockdown and things will return back to normal.

Says who?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bigleaf1006: 1:43am On May 27, 2020
dckng16:

In your dreams!!

You had better get ready for another 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:30am On May 27, 2020
izzou:

Really?

So if I have a parcel of land, and I just planted yesterday, how do I get 10k today from it?
And you believe or think the 10k or 100k one nets in a day or a month is a profit just after investing about 2m in buying, registering and doing other expenses a car for ehailing?

What ever business at all that requires huge capital running into millions you need years(time), consistency and reinvestment to recoup your capital before you start thinking of counting profit and ehailing is not excluded from this. The only thing about ehailing that makes it attractive is because the risk involve is not high but very low with insurance being comprehensive and another attractive thing is that it's a daily/weekly income investment, unlike other capital investments e.g agriculture which requires patience and time as a matter of fact "season" to recoup your investment.

famousguy01:

Okay sir, Can you assist me on how to actively invest in agriculture, I’m very much interested

Sir, inasmuch as I wouldnt want to sound discouraging, I also would want to tell you the challenging truth embendled in agricultural venture.

As far/much as I know interest alone is not good enough to make you or anyone decide to venturie into agriculture. Agriculture requires your physical presence, your full time, your involment, capital, knowledge, *PASSION* and most importantly your patience and perseverence

No agroprenuer can strive without passion, perseverance and patience. You can see I asteric and bolden those 3 words, reason is because those are what keeps you going in difficult and trying times, the 3 in combine are you're shadow which never leaves you even in darkness you're shadow remains while light leaves you.

Dru23 did a memes whose says something like, "Don't trust totally on people because even In the dark your shadow(s) will also leave you". I don't know if quoted correctly. But after a deep thought I came up with a different thought that its only the light that left your presence and not your shadow. Its imperative we understand the contextual meaning of the word light used in the sentence so as not to go on believing that the word light means physical brightness. No, but means differently and deep.

For me not to deray too much before some people will call for my head, I will conclude by saying, if you have the capital, interest, and maybe other quality but dont have the "cores" like passion, patience and knowledge you can build on them gradually but another most important thing you can succeed in agriculture without is your time and physical presence. [/b. Don't let anyone lie to you [b]No one, I repeat, No one will ever succeed being an absentee farmer.

Capital and time/physical presence are the two major setback against me this season or I'll say this year but I'm optimistic the light shines on my pockets someday then the time wouldn't be an issue.

Furthermore, if you don't have the time to invest but have the passion and capital you can look for a like and partner with him/them then you guys can have a MOU sign, every business is centred to profiting.

So, if anyone has the money I wouldn't mind a partnership with him/her, feel free to contact me let's reason together and have an understanding.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:19am On May 27, 2020
davit:
I think I remember that your post. A funny experience I must admit.

These are the tricks I always use for some reasons I can't list but a few.

I have abducted to always make sure I dial riders number to make sure I've h/h contact on my log for the following reasons:
1. For forgotten items on the car
2. Incase I forgot to get an access while driving out
3. For other unforeseen circumstances which could even arise after close of work, you may want to initiate a call for any reason.
4. Even For cancellation either by the rider or the app can sometimes act up.
5. You could sometime drive into an area where you either lost coverage, GPS, run into trouble, or even worse run outta data.

You're only saviour would be the rider's or 3rd party rider's contact. Sometimes/most times I'd always wait to initiate a call till I get to pickup but after having some bad experiences I then resulted in either calling rider immediately a request comes in or just having the contact for any of the aforementioned reasons.

Also, google map keeps records of all previous locations you've visited all you need do is just do as if you where to type an address on the map in the space provided it will bring up the last 5-7 locations you recently visited. You can get the address as well from either the uber/bolt app from you trip hiatory.

The importance of dialing riders number first immediately you accept a request can not be over emphasis especially on uber because the uber app don't allow driver or rider the opportunity of communicating further after the trip is close unlike bilt that the contact can still be there for some time, I think 3days or there about.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2706) (2707) (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) ... (5808) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.