Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,090 members, 7,960,466 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 09:27 PM

Proliferation Of Schools In Nigeria, Yet Poor Quality Churned Out Yearly??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Proliferation Of Schools In Nigeria, Yet Poor Quality Churned Out Yearly??? (769 Views)

INVESTIGATION: Despite Shortage Of Schools In State, Akwa Ibom Abandons College / List Of Schools That Their Post-UTME Form Is Out / Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proliferation Of Schools In Nigeria, Yet Poor Quality Churned Out Yearly??? by Ngalaba1(f): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
It is no longer news that the number of Schools in Nigeria is nearly equal to the number of children and students in Nigeria. So you work into a street in Lagos and you have about ten schools? May be that is rather too hyperbolic, nonetheless, I see so much emphasis placed on quantity rather than quality and so school owners are always in business. Being Business is fine but should money be the central focus

Again, has anyone noticed many people with educational background scarcely work in schools? Reasons are not far-fetched, most of these school owners sap/drain their teachers of all they have, yet pay them meagerly. Show me a de-motivated teacher and I would show you a child or a student bearing the consequences.

I think the way forward is that the government really look into this proliferation; I think school owners should treat their teachers and reward them here on earth and I think people who do not have educational background should be compelled to do PGDE so that they impart well into the young ones. These children, these students are the future of this country. We cannot continue this way. Remember, Change has Come.

(1) (Reply)

Seminar/project Topics And Materials In Biology Education. / Female Student Emerges As Winner In The University Of Benin SUG Elections / 16 Nigerian Students Receive Special Awards At Howard University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.