Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,895 members, 7,962,896 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 07:26 PM

Open Letter To The Unity Forum Of 8th Senate Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To The Unity Forum Of 8th Senate Of Nigeria (514 Views)

Why Is Senator David Mark Always Silent In The 8th Senate? / Remi Tinubu Finally Speaks At The 8th Senate, But What Exactly Did She Say? / Fayose Threatens The Unity of Nigeria - Presidency Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To The Unity Forum Of 8th Senate Of Nigeria by lujoshven: 8:43am On Nov 19, 2015
Since the unprecedented emergence of Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki as Senate President and Senator Ike Ekweremadu of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as Deputy Senate President of the 8th Senate against the permutations of APC leadership, Nigerians discover things have fallen apart for the Senate Unity Forum.

But instead of Senate Unity Forum to tow the part of honour, which is in line with spirit of sportsmanship to congratulate the winners of the elections, you have resorted to mudslinging and blackmailing by alleging that the Senate Standing Rules used in the conduct of election of principal officers of the 8th Senate was forged and to make matter worse you staged a walk out on the 11th of November 2015 on the senate sitting presided over by the Deputy Senate President in the person of Senator Ike Ekweremadu.

I need to draw your attention here to a statement credit to the Secretary of Senate Unity Forum, Senator Suleiman Hunkuyi (Kaduna North) titled: ‘As President Muhammadu Buhari inaugurates the Federal Executive Council (FEC) of the change agenda, PDP takes over the hallowed chamber of the Senate.’

The statement clearly shows that you are towing on a line to divide this nation with this set of action you displayed on November 11th 2015, have you forgotten that your group of Senators went ahead to submit yourselves to the same Senate leadership, which you accused of emerging via “forged” Senate Rules for swearing-in and some of you have also accepted and are carrying out Committee assignments from the same leadership. This is hypocrisy of the highest order.

Are you not aware of states assembly currently in the federal republic of Nigeria where the speaker emerged from the minority, how much more deputy senate president?

Therefore, I put this to you that if this your action does not stop:

i. You are letting Nigerians know that your self-interest precede our collective interest and peaceful co-existence as a Nation
ii. You do not have respect for the Rule of Law and thereby encourage impunity, knowing fully well that the senate deputy president was democratically elect on the floor of the senate on June 9th 2015
iii. You put the existence of minority groups in any part of this country in a position of which they will have NO say in the matters and affairs that involve the running of this nation which therefore negate the remark of President Muhammadu Buhari speech of “I am for everybody, I am for NO one”
iv. You could be hold responsible for the fueling of the marginalization of the minority which is leading to some protest across board
v. You could be hold responsible for the retrogression in the speed at which the 8th senate handle the legislative duties of this nation, knowing fully well that you have pledged to “uphold the honor and glory of this nation”
vi. You are telling the people from your senatorial districts in your various states that your interest precede their mandates

I trust that you ALL will do the NEEDFUL and that you will shield your swords for this nation to move forward by doing your proper legislative duties, knowing fully well that you are not a loser because we are ALL one Nigeria irrespective of our ethnic, religion, parties etc.

Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria, Long Live the Senate

Thank you

Olu Joshua (A Concerned Nigerian)

Twitter: @olujd

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State Government Cancelled Morning Assembly In Schools / Nigeria's $5.2bn Fine Against MTN Is 'world's Largest' / Labour Union Urges Tired Governors To Resign Over Plan To Reduce Wages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.