Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,865 members, 7,959,723 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 05:05 AM

Open Letter To The Minister Of Environment, Mrs Amina J. Mohammed​ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To The Minister Of Environment, Mrs Amina J. Mohammed​ (868 Views)

Is Chris Ngige Blind? See These Photos Of The Minister At Dino's Book Launch / PHOTOS: Minister Of Environment, Mrs Amina Mohammed Shares Grains To Gombe Idps / Amina J. Mohammed As Profiled By The United Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To The Minister Of Environment, Mrs Amina J. Mohammed​ by easrael(f): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
To: Mrs Amina J. Mohammed

I write to you ma on a very sad note, owing to the killing of my friend and a brother in struggle-The Lion.

Just yesterday, I received a report of a Lion which was murdered in cold blood in Plateau state, Jo's and I find it disturbing that this happened.

Although, I know the Lion escaped from the Zoo but it is not enough reason to have shot the animal on the spot of sighting! It is very wrong and not an acceptable method of operation in any country trying to experience a CHANGE in the pattern of Government.

I am sure you know quite well that the Lion is listed as a vulnerable specie on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species and its population decreasing by the day which is also listed as among the 23,000 species threatened with extinction according to the latest report.

As a practicing conservation scientist, it is therefore disheartening that our ecosystem just got disturbed by anthropogenic factors which could have been mitigated by the simple application of a tranquilizer.

It is therefore on this note that I request with immediate alacrity that the Federal Ministry of Environment carry out an assessment of our biodiversity in reality, we don't even have facts on these organisms practically. All we have are researches that are unattended to and lying fallow on the book shelf of the various HODs in Nigeria.

Consequent upon this, I have created on petition for the protection of our animals http:///1lY1rhK

Please sign this petition! We must protect our animals, the need us even as we need them.

God bless our Ecosystem
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Yours in Country

Israel Oladipupo Ogunseye (LadiSpeaks)

https://ladispeaks./2015/12/03/open-letter-to-the-minister-of-environment-aminajmohammed/

Please SHARE

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To The Minister Of Environment, Mrs Amina J. Mohammed​ by ajigin: 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
easrael:
To: Mrs Amina J. Mohammed

I write to you ma on a very sad note, owing to the killing of my friend and a brother in struggle-The Lion.

Just yesterday, I received a report of a Lion which was murdered in cold blood in Plateau state, Jo's and I find it disturbing that this happened.

Although, I know the Lion escaped from the Zoo but it is not enough reason to have shot the animal on the spot of sighting! It is very wrong and not an acceptable method of operation in any country trying to experience a CHANGE in the pattern of Government.

I am sure you know quite well that the Lion is listed as a vulnerable specie on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species and its population decreasing by the day which is also listed as among the 23,000 species threatened with extinction according to the latest report.

As a practicing conservation scientist, it is therefore disheartening that our ecosystem just got disturbed by anthropogenic factors which could have been mitigated by the simple application of a tranquilizer.

It is therefore on this note that I request with immediate alacrity that the Federal Ministry of Environment carry out an assessment of our biodiversity in reality, we don't even have facts on these organisms practically. All we have are researches that are unattended to and lying fallow on the book shelf of the various HODs in Nigeria.

Consequent upon this, I have created on petition for the protection of our animals here: http:///1lY1rhK

Please sign this petition! We must protect our animals, the need us even as we need them.

God bless our Ecosystem
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Yours in Country

Israel Oladipupo Ogunseye (LadiSpeaks)

https://ladispeaks./2015/12/03/open-letter-to-the-minister-of-environment-aminajmohammed/

Please SHARE
articles school bebedbebedenefit tak immediately

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Is Not From Nigeria. Go Back To Where You Belong / See Photos Of Raymond Dokpesi’s Son As He Wed Few Days After He Left Prison / Everything You Want To Know About Falling Oil Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.