Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,122 members, 7,936,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:25 PM

God Is One-sided - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is One-sided (1899 Views)

If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? / If God Is Omnipotent, Can He... / God Is Unquestionable (my Pastor) Prophet Akinade Of Lion Of Judah Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is One-sided by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 06, 2009
jagunlabi:

Not that i am doing anything to hold you guys up,but can you guys leave others alone too? smiley

where have we disturbed you?
Re: God Is One-sided by jagunlabi(m): 4:22pm On Jun 06, 2009
Not me,but "others",you know,others,the ones you consider as unbelievers.Leave them alone,too.
Judge not,and ye shall not be judged.What wise words!
davidylan:

where have we disturbed you?
Re: God Is One-sided by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 06, 2009
jagunlabi:

Not me,but "others",you know,others,the ones you consider as unbelievers.Leave them alone,too.
Judge not,and ye shall not be judged.What wise words!

Where have we judged you?
Re: God Is One-sided by jagunlabi(m): 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2009
That is all you christians ever do,you judge others who don't share in your beliefs.And when you judge others,i am always included.Tolerance,acceptance of the others is key.If you can't accept others for what they are, who they are, and whatever ideologies they beleive in,and you can't help but be pushing down people's throats that you and your own ideology is the only righteous and true while others are the spawns of the devil,or atleast decieved by the devil just because they do not share your own beliefs,then you are not going to be left alone.You an your belief system,your ideology are going to be attacked day and night until you get it into you that no one ideology is the one and only true one.That they all hold some truths and some untruths, and we should all accept and tolerate our differences so as to ensure a harmonious living together.YOU FIRST LEARN TO LEAVE OTHERS ALONE,AND YOU WILL ALSO BE LEFT ALONE.Until you have done that we will continue to be on your case.
Besides,i just love heckling christians.Giving them back the bitter taste of their own medicine is always a great pleasure of mine.
THANK GOD for nairaland! grin
davidylan:

Where have we judged you?
Re: God Is One-sided by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2009
jagunlabi:

That is all you christians ever do,you judge others who don't share in your beliefs.And when you judge others,i am always included.Tolerance,acceptance of the others is key.If you can't accept others for what they are, who they are, and whatever ideologies they beleive in,and you can't help but be pushing down people's throats that you and your own ideology is the only righteous and true while others are the spawns of the devil,or atleast decieved by the devil just because they do not share your own beliefs,then you are not going to be left alone.You an your belief system,[size=18pt]your ideology are going to be attacked day and night until you get it into you that no one ideology is the one and only true one.[/size]That they all hol some truths and some untruths, and we should all accept and tolerate our differences so as to ensure a harmonious living together.
Besides,i just love heckling christians.Giving them back the bitter taste of their own medicine is always a great pleasure of mine.
THANK GOD for nairaland! grin

lol i dont think your problem is that we "judge" you . . . it is that you'd rather we keep quiet about our faith because it is a constant prick to your unstable conscience. Unless you forcefully attend church, i see no reason why you shld run into christians seeking to "judge" you.

Your problem is fear, fear that God may be true, that heaven may be a reality and that hell is your eternal destination. Fear that others may be right and you wrong. We've had so many atheists misuse the meaning of the term "judge" . . . to speak the spiritual truth is not the same as "judging". your betray that fear in the portion i placed in highlights. You do not seek that we stop "judging" you, rather you seek (with violence) that we STOP speaking in the name of the Lord. You seek that we all recant the truth of the gospel of Christ, you seek that we all become simply as you . . . with no hope for eternity.
Re: God Is One-sided by jagunlabi(m): 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2009
davidylan:

lol i dont think your problem is that we "judge" you . . . it is that you'd rather we keep quiet about our faith because it is a constant prick to your unstable conscience.
You are off the mark as usual.You can talk about your faith amongst your fellow believers all you like.That does not disturb me in the least.But when you start running other people down because they don't believe what you believe then people like me come in to show you that your own belief system is not all that as well.
As for my conscience,it is clean and very stable,thank you. smiley But i know you just wish it isn't, just to feed your ego.
By the way,david,is it the pricking of your conscience that makes you to attack other religious and non religious schools of thought  when you throw all those judgemental wors at them?Or maybe it is just your ego acting up.

davidylan:

Your problem is fear, fear that God may be true, that heaven may be a reality and that hell is your eternal destination. Fear that others may be right and you wrong. We've had so many atheists misuse the meaning of the term "judge" . . . to speak the spiritual truth is not the same as "judging". your betray that fear in the portion i placed in highlights. You do not seek that we stop "judging" you, rather you seek (with violence) that we STOP speaking in the name of the Lord.
Fear?Question;Is that why you always attack the islamic faith?Because of fear?Fear that the islamic faith might be the real truth?Or you attack the atheists out of fear that they might be right afterall that you have wasted your life believing in imported middle eastern fairy tales about a god that does not exist?Do you function on fear?Because i know i don't.It is amazing how christians can be so deluded in their impression that a nonbeliever is labouring under fear just because they themselves are subjected to perpetual fear by their religions.
Like i said before,i love heckling christians and giving them a taste of their own medicine of intolerance,and that's just about it.Fear has nothing to do with it.

davidylan:

You seek that we all recant the truth of the gospel of Christ, you seek that we all become simply as you . . . with no hope for eternity.
You can recant the "truths" amongst yourselves all you want,that bothers me not,but just stop judging others.That is all.As for eternity,it belongs to us all.Nobody looses eternity because from eternity we came,and to eternity we return.
This is the stage where everything is played out.We either choose to create hell on this earth stage by continuing to wallow in ignorance and intolerance or we create a heaven for ourselves to live in here on the earthly stage by being more tolerant and more enlightened.It's a choice you an i can make.
Re: God Is One-sided by tpiah: 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2009
ajokeakin:

is that the words you ve chosen for it.man see snake,woman kill am,wetin be the difference,so far the snake nor run. baiase and one sided,i think to me sound same.

One sided means one dimensional. ie having only one character/trait.

Biased means taking sides with one person/thing over another, having a preference for one over the other, etc etc.

Your title confused me.
Re: God Is One-sided by segyemaro(m): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2009
Oyibo repete
Re: God Is One-sided by segyemaro(m): 8:36am On Jun 08, 2009
Come to think of it is God realy one sided?
Re: God Is One-sided by noetic2: 8:40am On Jun 08, 2009
davidylan:

lol i dont think your problem is that we "judge" you . . . it is that you'd rather we keep quiet about our faith because it is a constant prick to your unstable conscience. Unless you forcefully attend church, i see no reason why you shld run into christians seeking to "judge" you.

Your problem is fear, fear that God may be true, that heaven may be a reality and that hell is your eternal destination. Fear that others may be right and you wrong. We've had so many atheists misuse the meaning of the term "judge" . . . to speak the spiritual truth is not the same as "judging". your betray that fear in the portion i placed in highlights. You do not seek that we stop "judging" you, rather you seek (with violence) that we STOP speaking in the name of the Lord. You seek that we all recant the truth of the gospel of Christ, you seek that we all become simply as you . . . with no hope for eternity.

This is brilliant.

Every atheist MUST read this.
Re: God Is One-sided by toneyb: 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2009
jagunlabi:

You are off the mark as usual.You can talk about your faith amongst your fellow believers all you like.That does not disturb me in the least.But when you start running other people down because they don't believe what you believe then people like me come in to show you that your own belief system is not all that as well.
As for my conscience,it is clean and very stable,thank you. smiley But i know you just wish it isn't, just to feed your ego.
By the way,david,is it the pricking of your conscience that makes you to attack other religious and non religious schools of thought when you throw all those judgemental wors at them?Or maybe it is just your ego acting up.
Fear?Question;Is that why you always attack the islamic faith?Because of fear?Fear that the islamic faith might be the real truth?Or you attack the atheists out of fear that they might be right afterall that you have wasted your life believing in imported middle eastern fairy tales about a god that does not exist?Do you function on fear?Because i know i don't.It is amazing how christians can be so deluded in their impression that a nonbeliever is labouring under fear just because they themselves are subjected to perpetual fear by their religions.
Like i said before,i love heckling christians and giving them a taste of their own medicine of intolerance,and that's just about it.Fear has nothing to do with it.
You can recant the "truths" amongst yourselves all you want,that bothers me not,but just stop judging others.That is all.As for eternity,it belongs to us all.Nobody looses eternity because from eternity we came,and to eternity we return.
This is the stage where everything is played out.We either choose to create hell on this earth stage by continuing to wallow in ignorance and intolerance or we create a heaven for ourselves to live in here on the earthly stage by being more tolerant and more enlightened.It's a choice you an i can make.

This is excellent Every Chrıstian MUST read this.
Re: God Is One-sided by topeokunol: 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2009
na wa ooo
Re: God Is One-sided by marvisjoy: 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2009
una don come again ooooooo
Re: God Is One-sided by arowolo888: 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2010
MALAMA:

Ajokeakin,
                   your post reminded me of a quarrel I had with God at one time. I accused Him of favouritism just like you did: why did He refuse Cain's sacrifice? why did He favour Isaac over Ishmael, Jacob over Esau, men over women, the Children of Israel over the rest of the world i.e. the Gentiles, whilst we are to accept that He created everyone ? I never got an answer from Him, the Bible didn't help either (maybe it's because His favourite people were the ones who wrote the Bible). I very much doubt the account of the writers , but that's a different kettle of fish for another day.

In contrast, Jesus in Matt 5:45 said ', He makes the sun to rise on the evil and on the good, He sends rain on the just and the unjust, '  meaning that God spreads His blessings to everyone in this world, and not to a chosen few, or whether you are on His side or not. While we have these words in mind, let us also remember that not all fingers are equal. We all don't have the same abilities and talents, and may not be successful in all our endeavours.

Life has a way of creating a balance in things. A little less here, a little more here, asymmetry etc. We all can't be equally blessed with the same talents or abilities.
how can my brother be richer than i do? this is a real topic.
Re: God Is One-sided by arowolo888: 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
MALAMA:

Ajokeakin,
                  your post reminded me of a quarrel I had with God at one time. I accused Him of favouritism just like you did: why did He refuse Cain's sacrifice? why did He favour Isaac over Ishmael, Jacob over Esau, men over women, the Children of Israel over the rest of the world i.e. the Gentiles, whilst we are to accept that He created everyone ? I never got an answer from Him, the Bible didn't help either (maybe it's because His favourite people were the ones who wrote the Bible). I very much doubt the account of the writers , but that's a different kettle of fish for another day.

In contrast, Jesus in Matt 5:45 said ', He makes the sun to rise on the evil and on the good, He sends rain on the just and the unjust, '  meaning that God spreads His blessings to everyone in this world, and not to a chosen few, or whether you are on His side or not. While we have these words in mind, let us also remember that not all fingers are equal. We all don't have the same abilities and talents, and may not be successful in all our endeavours.

Life has a way of creating a balance in things. A little less here, a little more here, asymmetry etc. We all can't be equally blessed with the same talents or abilities.
how can my brother be richer than i do? this is a real topic.
Re: God Is One-sided by realpastor: 11:53am On Jan 20, 2010
may God forgive you all
Re: God Is One-sided by ajokeakin: 9:54am On Jan 26, 2010
amen
Re: God Is One-sided by uwani(f): 9:56am On Jan 26, 2010
So na dis kain mumu tins ona dey discus 4 dis section. Lol
Re: God Is One-sided by niceguy10: 10:22am On Jan 26, 2010
Some people here makes me real sick. I pray God will forgive you people.
Re: God Is One-sided by osaromike: 10:28am On May 07, 2010
i beg,na how the guy take dey one side

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Uk-based Nigerian Pastor, Dr. Odulele Has Been Sentenced / Tithing Truth In A Nutshell - False Prophets Please Read / I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.