Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,828 members, 7,872,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:41 PM

. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / . (1212 Views)

Are U A Graduate Andd No Job? Get Paid 30k Monthly By D GEJ Transformatn Agenda / He Made A First Class But No Job. / Should I Quit My Programming Job? (Can't Cope) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
Re: . by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2015
Wow...and I tot I had ishs,just hang on there bro. Where there's life there's hope dats all I can say. Just don't give up,surulere!

1 Like

Re: . by ikubch(m): 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
JudahMarshal:

This is going to be my first post on nairaland, even-though I'm not new to the forum. Im sorry if you guys find the post is a little too lengthy. I'm majorly a personal person but I feel so dejected right now that I have decided to put myself out here with the hope that some optimistic comments will life my spirit.

The last 15 months of my life has been not only the most challenging but it has the most painful and the most emotional. I'm 31 yrs old with a first and a masters degree (I studied a five years course and did my masters immediately after my undergrad studies). It has been a year and three months now since I completed my masters and I've not even been remotely close to landing a job. I've sent out countless CVs through job boards and online platforms with no concrete feedback.

In the course of asking people who are supposed influential individuals for job referrals, I got to discover that majority of people I thought really cared were all a bunch of 'face-service' providers. They didn't really care. They only worried about themselves. In fact, the more highly placed they were, the less likely they cared.

Back in uni, through a couple of smart moves and some good judgement calls, I made some money and was able to save about 2million naira before I finished my masters. However, since getting a job was proving hard, in my bid to stay constructive, I dabbled into business and I lost about 80% of the money.

When my girlfriend gave birth to my daughter early this year, I had to pull out the remaining change I had in the business to sort of a few things. Having my daughter was the highest point for me and the only thing that has made me happy in the past 15 months. Now with no job and no money I'm afraid I won't be able to take care of her.

I never thought I'll ever be in this sort of situation. Is there any hope at all?

Lalasticalala, ishilove ....

You got me out of my shell. Please and please stop saying there are no jobs. You are not looking at the right level of industries and organisations. The fact is there are jobs begging for people to come in. Throw away your ties and apply for sales job in related field in either your first degree or masters.let me know your field and I will tell you how to go about it. You will never be broke again.you need both passive and active income to be a succesful father and husband. Any industry that produces goods and services must seek to sell them,warehouses and stores must be decongested. That is where the opportunities lie, companies hardly lay of their sales force else they commit suicide whereas office staff are the first to be laid off. Don't be lazy.

1 Like

Re: . by ikubch(m): 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2015
JudahMarshal:

This is going to be my first post on nairaland, even-though I'm not new to the forum. Im sorry if you guys find the post is a little too lengthy. I'm majorly a personal person but I feel so dejected right now that I have decided to put myself out here with the hope that some optimistic comments will life my spirit.

The last 15 months of my life has been not only the most challenging but it has the most painful and the most emotional. I'm 31 yrs old with a first and a masters degree (I studied a five years course and did my masters immediately after my undergrad studies). It has been a year and three months now since I completed my masters and I've not even been remotely close to landing a job. I've sent out countless CVs through job boards and online platforms with no concrete feedback.

In the course of asking people who are supposed influential individuals for job referrals, I got to discover that majority of people I thought really cared were all a bunch of 'face-service' providers. They didn't really care. They only worried about themselves. In fact, the more highly placed they were, the less likely they cared.

Back in uni, through a couple of smart moves and some good judgement calls, I made some money and was able to save about 2million naira before I finished my masters. However, since getting a job was proving hard, in my bid to stay constructive, I dabbled into business and I lost about 80% of the money.

When my girlfriend gave birth to my daughter early this year, I had to pull out the remaining change I had in the business to sort of a few things. Having my daughter was the highest point for me and the only thing that has made me happy in the past 15 months. Now with no job and no money I'm afraid I won't be able to take care of her.

I never thought I'll ever be in this sort of situation. Is there any hope at all?

Lalasticalala, ishilove ....

You got me out of my shell. Please and please stop saying there are no jobs. You are not looking at the right level of industries and organisations. The fact is there are jobs begging for people to come in. Throw away your ties and apply for sales job in related field in either your first degree or masters.let me know your field and I will tell you how to go about it. You will never be broke again.you need both passive and active income to be a succesful father and husband. Any industry that produces goods and services must seek to sell them,warehouses and stores must be decongested. That is where the opportunities lie, companies hardly lay off their sales force else they commit suicide whereas office staff are the first to be laid off. Don't be lazy.
Re: . by kaka22(m): 12:32am On Dec 20, 2015
@op... I sympathise with your situation but why would give birth to a baby when you have not sort yourself out? I strongly believe that there are jobs in Nigeria although few, but you have sit down and plan on how to get it. Think of the industry you are interested in and use aggressive mode of job hunting in that industry. Although your age will be a disadvantage for many entry level positions but you should not be discouraged. Continue to submit your CV offline as you are doing online and network with friends and those living in your area, you never know who may be of help.
You can start from somewhere like teaching in a school that relatively pays well and use the money to manage before you get better job.

I wish you best of luck...
Re: . by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 20, 2015
Suigeneris93:
Wow...and I tot I had ishs,just hang on there bro. Where there's life there's hope dats all I can say. Just don't give up,surulere!

Thanks a lot miss, appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 20, 2015
ikubch:

You got me out of my shell. Please and please stop saying there are no jobs. You are not looking at the right level of industries and organisations. The fact is there are jobs begging for people to come in. Throw away your ties and apply for sales job in related field in either your first degree or masters.let me know your field and I will tell you how to go about it. You will never be broke again.you need both passive and active income to be a succesful father and husband. Any industry that produces goods and services must seek to sell them,warehouses and stores must be decongested. That is where the opportunities lie, companies hardly lay off their sales force else they commit suicide whereas office staff are the first to be laid off. Don't be lazy.

I'll send you a pm.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 20, 2015
kaka22:
@op... I sympathise with your situation but why would give birth to a baby when you have not sort yourself out? I strongly believe that there are jobs in Nigeria although few, but you have sit down and plan on how to get it. Think of the industry you are interested in and use aggressive mode of job hunting in that industry. Although your age will be a disadvantage for many entry level positions but you should not be discouraged. Continue to submit your CV offline as you are doing online and network with friends and those living in your area, you never know who may be of help.
You can start from somewhere like teaching in a school that relatively pays well and use the money to manage before you get better job.

I wish you best of luck...

The baby was fortuitous. And since I am old enough to have a baby, had a masters, was optimistic I'll get a job before the baby comes and I had 2million on the side, I felt ready. I don't regret it, even now , she's a bundle of joy- she's the only thing that keeps me happy.

Many thanks for the advice...

1 Like

Re: . by KELVIN086: 12:37am On Dec 21, 2015
u did'nt tell us what u studied, u don't know maybe one big man reading this right now is looking for an accountant, engineer e.t.c.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2015
just try out any opportunity that comes your...don't select. Try out little things that u can do.
God will help u wit wisdom u need to get ahead in ur lyf.

Try dis out...its no scam.
Gudluck.

You could be the lucky winner of this, and get
employed if you want.
Its no scam. ..no harm in trying.
Click to Win ₦200,000 Monthly Salary for 12
Months in the Prolist Annual Salary Promo.
Extra 200k via @push_CV https:///9CcGog
Re: . by nabiz(m): 2:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
The problem with nigerian graduate is pride. My story was once worst than yours. The truth is there is job in nigeria. But pride has deny us our blessing and opportunities that will come our way. Even if I have a job opportunity in my company I will not employ ur type. Ar u trying to tell me that with all these numerous problem in nigeria, there no one u can solve to make a living. U have master degree and u can not solve a small societal problem. How then do you think you can help the company that will employ u to increase profitability. How will u initiate idea that will grow d company.
U are there looking for job while a first school living certificate holder ar making a living by solving one problem or d other. Why can u take away ur pride and move out from ur shell. Jesus christ gave us a parable about a master who was travelling a gave his boy talents.
Some was giving more talent than other. But do u know that there was a possibility of the master doubling the talent of the guy who receive the smallest talent, had it been he use the little one that was giving to him. The bible said we should not despise the little beginning.
Pls stop disgracing master degree holders in nigeria. Do know the information u ar passing across, that nigerian education system is failed completely. My brother I don't believe ur story.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy 2016 Shortlisted Candidate List – List Of Successful Candidates Fo / Any Call From Amaiden Energy For Safety Advisor Job Recently? / Are You Tired Of Staying Broke? Learn A Digital Skill And Be Financially Buoyant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.