Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,523 members, 7,961,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? (1109 Views)

61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? / What We Men Really Pray For In Marriage (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Eddodoh(m): 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
I met Firdaos, a muslim girl from Ibira, Kogi state
in Kaduna in 2008 where I was based b4 moving
to Ibadan.

We dated for more than a year & we're like
Romeo & Juliet then. My former boss, colleagues
& neighbours knew her. Her mum was also aware
of d r/ship.

She is lovely & well-mannered, and d fact z dat I
still have feelings for her. Although, we went our
separate ways in 2009 when I relocated from my
former location in Kaduna to another area within
same State but we weren't in contact.

In 2013, she made effort for us to come back
while I was in another state but I was battling wit
unemployment at the moment so I told her dat I
had sum1 which was blatant lie.

I am based in Ibadan now, and recently we got
talking. She still want me back & she said dat
she is willing to forgo her present religion to
marry me. More so, she had reinstate dis while
we were together in Kaduna.

I am aware dat marriage is a lifetime institution
dats why I seek advice. I am considering d long-
term implication because I know anything dat will
make us to come back, I would not be able to
leave her again.

Pls, advice.....
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by agarawu23(m): 9:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
Are you sure she is still the Lady you knew back then? Things aren't the same especially our ladies

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Young03(m): 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Bro, ar u a Christian or Muslim...
if ur a Muslim, u can marry her Bt if ur a Christian u can't

Apostasy...dats rada in sharia law
Bt ...u sure say she is still d same person u used to know
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by funnyme(f): 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
[s][/s]Go to God in prayer and hear him b4 taking any decision. Its possible she's looking for away to turn to a Christian and this could be her only way out. Ask her of her convictions why she wants you guys to come back and has also decided to change from her present religion just to marry yu. Be very careful, find out if she's sincere. Igbira gals are dangerous o.

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
Do not marry a muslim if you are a christian. Never do it

2 Likes

Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by RobinHez(m): 12:14am On Dec 22, 2015
Its so sad...when u have to let go some things because of ur faith/belief. embarassed
I wish Eve never ate the damn apple... angry

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by RobinHez(m): 12:17am On Dec 22, 2015
coolsix:
Do not marry a muslim if you are a christian. Never do it
Wouldn't it be nice to state ur reasons?
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Olasco93: 2:11am On Dec 22, 2015
@Eddodoh the OP.
Let me be truthful to you.
First i will say 'it's more better when a woman Love you more than you love her' because when a Woman Love you, she can even commit suic*de because of your mata and she will make every necessary effort to make you Comfortable, Happy and Satisfied in and outside marriage. Mark my words.
Secondly, am not from Kogi, but i tell you the truth, i have been there and have always been around Kogi women. They are well mannered. But 'some' can be very deadly to some extent when you provoke the devil in them mostly (when you're cheating on them but you have to know that people differs).
Lastly, concerning religion. It's not right for couples to have different religions. It's even wrong when they are Christians for example, and attend different Church where they hear different things.
(You actually cannot change anybody yourself, only God can). So seek God's face concerning this. Pray about this first and let God lead you to make the right choice.
But i think it's a good thing if she become a Christian just like you are. Because Salvation is the most important thing here on Earth, no matter what.
Don't try to convince her with your senses, but let the Word of God do that for you by opening Bible verses for her to see for herself what it means to be Saved and be called a Christian. When you do these things, as time goes on you will start to reap the reward associated with this.
NOTE:
This is not going to be easy because you're dealing with a Woman and Religion. It's gonna be very tough but "you'll succeed n reap if you faint not."

I hope this help.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 22, 2015
RobinHez:

Wouldn't it be nice to state ur reasons?

If i am to state my reasons, it would seem rude to muslims. A christian should not marry a muslim.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Eddodoh(m): 5:34am On Dec 22, 2015
Olasco93:
@Eddodoh the OP.
Let me be truthful to you.
First i will say 'it's more better when a woman Love you more than you love her' because when a Woman Love you, she can even commit suic*de because of your mata and she will make every necessary effort to make you Comfortable, Happy and Satisfied in and outside marriage. Mark my words.
Secondly, am not from Kogi, but i tell you the truth, i have been there and have always been around Kogi women. They are well mannered. But 'some' can be very deadly to some extent when you provoke the devil in them mostly (when you're cheating on them but you have to know that people differs).
Lastly, concerning religion. It's not right for couples to have different religions. It's even wrong when they are Christians for example, and attend different Church where they hear different things.
(You actually cannot change anybody yourself, only God can). So seek God's face concerning this. Pray about this first and let God lead you to make the right choice.
But i think it's a good thing if she become a Christian just like you are. Because Salvation is the most important thing here on Earth, no matter what.
Don't try to convince her with your senses, but let the Word of God do that for you by opening Bible verses for her to see for herself what it means to be Saved and be called a Christian. When you do these things, as time goes on you will start to reap the reward associated with this.
NOTE:
This is not going to be easy because you're dealing with a Woman and Religion. It's gonna be very tough but "you'll succeed n reap if you faint not."

I hope this help.
Thanks so much. Your assertion on the second paragraph is true. She do not tolerate cheating. She make sure she satisfy me & wouldn't cheat as well but any suspicious move I make. I am in for a show!

Hmmm!!!! I must explain & she must follow up to ensure dat nothin fishy happen. Then, I had to adjust by force cos she made to forget abt other gals. I dnt even think of another woman.

The day she used my fone to call her cousin sister & immediately deleted the dialled number in my presence. I was shocked!

Talking about well-mannered, that is where she got me love her the more.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Pidggin(f): 6:44am On Dec 22, 2015
Do not marry someone who practices another religion for the sake of your future children's salvation.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by RobinHez(m): 6:49am On Dec 22, 2015
coolsix:

If i am to state my reasons, it would seem rude to muslims. A christian should not marry a muslim.

Re-read what u wrote. Does it make any sense? Making a statement while hiding reasons...

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Olasco93: 1:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
Eddodoh:

Thanks so much. Your assertion on the second paragraph is true. She do not tolerate cheating. She make sure she satisfy me & wouldn't cheat as well but any suspicious move I make. I am in for a show!

Hmmm!!!! I must explain & she must follow up to ensure dat nothin fishy happen. Then, I had to adjust by force cos she made to forget abt other gals. I dnt even think of another woman.

The day she used my fone to call her cousin sister & immediately deleted the dialled number in my presence. I was shocked!

Talking about well-mannered, that is where she got me love her the more.

Nice one bro...
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by tpiar: 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Eddodoh:
I met Firdaos, a muslim girl from Ibira, Kogi state
in Kaduna in 2008 where I was based b4 moving
to Ibadan.

We dated for more than a year & we're like
Romeo & Juliet then. My former boss, colleagues
& neighbours knew her. Her mum was also aware
of d r/ship.

She is lovely & well-mannered, and d fact z dat I
still have feelings for her. Although, we went our
separate ways in 2009 when I relocated from my
former location in Kaduna to another area within
same State but we weren't in contact.

In 2013, she made effort for us to come back
while I was in another state but I was battling wit
unemployment at the moment so I told her dat I
had sum1 which was blatant lie.

I am based in Ibadan now, and recently we got
talking. She still want me back & she said dat
she is willing to forgo her present religion to
marry me. More so, she had reinstate dis while
we were together in Kaduna.

I am aware dat marriage is a lifetime institution
dats why I seek advice. I am considering d long-
term implication because I know anything dat will
make us to come back, I would not be able to
leave her again.

Pls, advice.....

your choice, not mine.

if you are both single and never married, it's your decision.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by RobinHez(m): 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lalasticlala fp pls
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by NifemiOlu(m): 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
Best relationship advice starts with DO NOT or NEVER
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by ennon92(m): 10:37am On Dec 23, 2015
As for me, I don't care abt the religion u practice so far we re serving same almighty 'n' there's love between us..Until we do away with the issue of religion differences, Nigeria in particular will still remain in shambles.

PS: To each, is own.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Way To Completely Manage Your Diabetes. / Please Someone Help Me Out I Want My Girlfriend Back / 10 Kinds Of People You'll Meet In Shoprite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.