Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,149 members, 7,963,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 06:14 PM

Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? (659 Views)

Can Osinbajo Be A Good President? / Bitter History/truth: What MKO Abiola, Have In Common With Buhari. / Would MKO Abiola Have Made A Good President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by maxsiollun: 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2009

Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by Afam4eva(m): 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2009
I often ask myself this question.I sympatise with him,his family and the majority of Nigerians who felt short changed because of the anullment of june 12 election. But whether Abiola would have beena good president is what i don't know.
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2009
i guess we will never know. sad
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by Afaukwu: 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2009
Nop! with a huge population for a family (most fake, others real) it would have been distractions, corruption and all the accompanying shenanigans all the way. In any case, he was a corrupt man, with the ITT matter still unresolved.
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by MrCrackles(m): 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2009
Coy! undecided
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by kshow1(m): 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2009
Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm
This is a rhetoric question.!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by TheSeeker(m): 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2009
It's a simple question. What would you say about a man who wants to lead a nation, yet, is a negative religious zealot? I remember he overturned a ship-full Holy Bible and asked to pay for it. Now, just what would that have turned around to be if he was a President? He would have been another Principal of those in the High school of "christian killers" in Jos.
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2009
Afaukwu:

Nop! with a huge population for a family (most fake, others real) it would have been distractions, corruption and all the accompanying shenanigans all the way. In any case, he was a corrupt man, with the ITT matter still unresolved.

i wonder why the great fella called abiola ITT( international thief thief)? lipsrsealed
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by bawomolo(m): 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2009
I doubt it.

he was more of a people's well ladies man than a political administrator.
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by Pepeye(f): 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2009
bawomolo:

I doubt it.

he was more of a people's well ladies man than a political administrator.
Well said . . .he couldn’t even manage his home
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by chidichris(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2009
the bible says, those  who live by sword will die by sword.

a more correct answer to the question will come if one will first ask, was abiola a good follower? and because the answer to the later is no, the answer to the former will also be no.

this was a man who lived all his life dinning and wining with the military at the detriment of the masses. a man whose foryune originated from the international telecommunication contract with which fela made his song which is called itt.

abiola was a wolf is sheep's skin. he lived a decietful life but nemesis was what he faced at the end and he was decieved to death.

i don't those celebrating him and his democracy day as his election was the best nigeria cld not have but nature has a better way of giving back to people what they have  given to others in  the past.

even in  his grave now, he will not believe that his own military cld disgrace him to that large extent. cld u imagine the man was celebrating abacha's coup as a ladder to his dream throne.

who wld know that obj a co jail bird will turn out to be a tiger to ppl who sympathized with him?
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by noetic2: 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2009
whether Abiola would have made a good president is an ambiguous one. But the truth is that the annulment denied this country a fresh and good re-beginning. An Abiola president would have made all the mistakes obasanjo made between 1999-2007 and we would probably have overcome most of these problems by now.

Abiola remains a democratic symbol, good president or not.
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by KnowAll(m): 9:50pm On Jun 12, 2009
i think it will be unwise to speak evil of the dead, like someone else said up the post we will never know and that is the stance I also take.
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by udezue(m): 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2009
We will never know.
Re: Would Abiola Have Been A Good President? by maxsiollun: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2009
Abiola was no firebrand political reformer and he was unlikely to rock the boat or risk confrontation. In many ways, he was part of Nigeria's corrupt elite. A government led by him would have continued with business and corrupt dealings as usual. His emergence was predicated on his membership of the corrupt elite.

In the end, the same military Leviathan which Abiola sponsored ended up devouring him.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Fools Lead The Clever? / Fear Grips Residents As Gunmen Storm Nnewi / Something You Will Not See In Nta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.