Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,892 members, 7,959,811 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 07:51 AM

How Do I Improve In My Communicating And Writing Skills? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Improve In My Communicating And Writing Skills? (484 Views)

Please How Do I Improve My Grades(cgpa)? / Please How Can I Improve In My English Speaking. / Eight Ways To Improve Your Writing Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Improve In My Communicating And Writing Skills? by chycycle: 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
I'm a year one student in of Nigeria tertiary institution, I hardly communicate or write in English without committing blunder, and this has always hinder me from voicing out my perspective whenever I found myself in public places or gathering. Pls how do I get rid of this cankerworm that is eating up my social life.
Moreover pls, if there are text books that can be helpful, you can also recommend them for me.

Mod pls, I'll appreciate if you can move it to FP where suggestions can be made.
Re: How Do I Improve In My Communicating And Writing Skills? by funmijoyb(f): 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
by reading
Re: How Do I Improve In My Communicating And Writing Skills? by sammyscholar(m): 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
Read everything you find readable, listen to news, and watch english movies.
Re: How Do I Improve In My Communicating And Writing Skills? by correctyourself(m): 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
Read novels and daily news papers!
Re: How Do I Improve In My Communicating And Writing Skills? by Matttthew(m): 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
Novels will help....

Will really help your vocabulary life....

Always make use of the dictionary often when you don't understand some certain things..... we all can't be perfect in English...

It merely a borrowed language.
Re: How Do I Improve In My Communicating And Writing Skills? by UniqueGem(m): 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
Don't speak pidgin. Stay away from yoruba, igbo, hausa or any form of native language when you're on campus(they corrupt the tongue), infact the only people you are permitted to speak your native tongue with are your parents, and always mix it with English. Stop writing rubbishes like; pls, lyk, lol, lmao, dat, etc(you know them don't you?). Be concious of your grammar when speaking and try to communicate more with people you are not familiar with.
Read, Read, Read and Read.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PGD Result Dilemna / Computer Base Jamb Tutorial / University Of Ibadan Academic Calender 2015-2016 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.