Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:18 PM

Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help (710 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 11, 2016
Gud morning good people in d house. It for a friend.
Please I need your help,am a lady of 23yrs I got married at d age of 20. My husband is a good man but not wealthy,it happens immediately after 3months of delivering a baby boy, I wanted to join my husband in lagos but my people refused with reasons dat he can't take of me. I persisted but they refused and asked my husband to come and collect his dowry. He came and wanted to know the reason why they sieze me for three good times but they keep saying collect your dowry they don't want, at first I thought my husband abandon me. I have to suffer to keep my baby fit. Later he started calling me apologizing but I ignored him and destroyed my lines not until last year he got my new number and was still begging dat he cannot live without me dat he still want me back. Mothers I have forgiven him and still want to go back but my people is my problem cause they don't want my son to know his father,,, please help me sorry.
Re: Help by Ab025(m): 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
It's like ur people are badt o.....
Re: Help by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
okerekeukachi:
Gud morning good people in d house. It for a friend.
Please I need your help,am a lady of 23yrs I got married at d age of 20. My husband is a good man but not wealthy,it happens immediately after 3months of delivering a baby boy, I wanted to join my husband in lagos but my people refused with reasons dat he can't take of me. I persisted but they refused and asked my husband to come and collect his dowry. He came and wanted to know the reason why they sieze me for three good times but they keep saying collect your dowry they don't want, at first I thought my husband abandon me. I have to suffer to keep my baby fit. Later he started calling me apologizing but I ignored him and destroyed my lines not until last year he got my new number and was still begging dat he cannot live without me dat he still want me back. Mothers I have forgiven him and still want to go back but my people is my problem cause they don't want my son to know his father,,, please help me sorry.

How did it happen that you did not follow your husband in Lagos the moment that you were married?
What was the agreement between all of you?

what are you doing in your parents house? What I mean is that is there anything you are doing there that prevents you from going to Lagos
Are you running a family business or something?
Have they got someone else in mind for you? have they been collecting money from another suitor?

Didnt your family members know your husbands financial capability before they gave you out in marriage to him?

in the meantime what has your husband done to prepare for his wife and child's arrival in Lagos?

Bottomline is you need to speak to your parents to let you and your kid go and live with your husband, unless there is something else the matter that you haven't disclosed.

3 Likes

Re: Help by PresVA: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
Were you properly married to him?

I suspect he paid your dowry at 20 because he impregnated you and now your family knows better than forcing their daughter to get married to her impregnator.. They feel you deserve better. .

However, the decision is yours. . You're old enough to know whether you can live with him or not.. Also, your family has no right preventing the father from seeing his son...

Then, if your husband is serious about bringing his family to Lagos..let him come home, trash issues and take his family. .he's a man...
Hope you know the man very well and what he does in Lagos? To avoid regrets. ..

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About Women / Help A 20 Years Old Nairalander On Dialysis, Awaiting Kidney Transplantation / Help A 20 Years Old Nairalander On Dialysis, Awaiting Kidney Transplantation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.