Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,454 members, 7,961,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 02:05 AM

Understand Your Child's Uniqueness (2) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Understand Your Child's Uniqueness (2) (522 Views)

Omotola Shades Of Africa Uniqueness / Some Struggles From The Past Kids Today Will Never Understand / Understand Your Child's Uniqueness (1). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understand Your Child's Uniqueness (2) by Btruth: 6:24am On Jan 18, 2016
Monday January 18

“Train up a child in the way he should go.”  Pr 22:6

Understand your child’s uniqueness (2)

Raising your child “in the way he should go” means being aware of: (1) Their interests. John Ruskin said, “Tell me what you like, and I’ll tell you what you are.” What do your children like? Numbers? Colors? Activities? The greatest gift you can give them isn’t your riches, but revealing to them their own. (2) Their relationships. What statement best characterizes your child? (a) “Follow me, everyone.” (b) “I’ll let you know if I need help.” (c) “Can we do this together?” (d) “Tell me what to do and I’ll do it.” Don’t characterize loners as aloof, or crowd-seekers as arrogant. God designed them that way. What gives your child satisfaction and makes them say, “Yes”? Do they love the journey, or the destination? Do they like to keep things straight, or straighten things out? What thrills one child bothers another. (3) Their environment. A cactus thrives under different conditions than a rosebush. What soil does your child grow in? Some love to be noticed while others prefer to hide in the crowd. Some do well taking tests, others excel in the subject but stumble when it comes to exams. Winston Churchill repeatedly failed tests in school, yet he changed history. We only excel when we’re in the right environment. (4) Their strengths. At two, Van Cliburn played a song on the piano as a result of hearing someone teaching in an adjacent room. His mother noticed, gave him lessons, and the kid from Kilgore, Texas, won the first International Tchaikovsky Piano Competition in Moscow. Resist the urge to label your children before studying them, and ask God to help you understand their uniqueness.
Re: Understand Your Child's Uniqueness (2) by Godmother(f): 6:29am On Jan 18, 2016
True Op, most parents just want to channel you in the path they like and not one that suits you. They force and pannel beat you into a model they have in their minds, not minding if that path is of interest to you.

On the other hand, the parents that have taken time to study their kids and find out what they want, have children that are well-adjusted and confident.

1 Like

Re: Understand Your Child's Uniqueness (2) by Katier00(f): 6:32am On Jan 18, 2016
Nice one op

1 Like

Re: Understand Your Child's Uniqueness (2) by Btruth: 6:20am On Jan 19, 2016
Godmother:
True Op, most parents just want to channel you in the path they like and not one that suits you. They force and pannel beat you into a model they have in their minds, not minding if that path is of interest to you.

On the other hand, the parents that have taken time to study their kids and find out what they want, have children that are well-adjusted and confident.
Yes you are right. I do wondered sometimes when I see some parents saying that their ward will become a doctor, lawyer, banker and so on, when they don't even know what interest the kids. I think children decisions should be made as priority not that of their parents.

(1) (Reply)

I My On The Right Path With My Girlfriend? / What Does The Bible Say About Christian Tithing? Should A Christian Tithe? / How Did You Feel, The First Time Stood Before A Crowd To Speak.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.