Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,233 members, 7,936,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:38 PM

Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase (23936 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu Visits Maritime University Site Today / Photos:evidence Shows That Amaechi Lied About Nigerian Maritime University,delta / REVEALED: Proof That Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by Guyman02: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2016
obailala:
I thought the plan is to relocate it to Oron where there are already some structures?... is Oron in the north?.... Do we even have a river in the north were a maritime institute can be established close to?

Nigeria Shippers Council was located and built in Abuja until Obasanjo came and moved it to Lagos and gave the massive structure to Nigerian Navy and then to Ministry of Defense.
You have refineries built in Kaduna with none in Bayelsa oil producing state. Upgrading Oron does not mean that the fund and structures meant to be used in that Maritime University will be built in Oron. Just change the signpost at Oron and thats all.
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by stuhporh: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2016
Gullible people,

One person shows up and says theres no university. and the other one shows up and says there is.

How come we seem to believe everything that make front page on NL. there has to be a project identification board on this property stating the name of the project, who awarded the contract and who is executing the contract.

For all i care this can just be a random picture from a propagandist. and for all i care again, Amaechi might just be saying trash he picked up from his PA's report.

The senate whom are so clueless couldn't ask him for a proof of his claim. As for me i will wait and see how this pans out. if na Amaechi dey lie or the picture we go know.
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by obailala(m): 11:35am On Jan 22, 2016
Guyman02:

Nigeria Shippers Council was located and built in Abuja until Obasanjo came and moved it to Lagos and gave the massive structure to Nigerian Navy and then to Ministry of Defense.
You have refineries built in Kaduna with none in Bayelsa oil producing state. Upgrading Oron does not mean that the fund and structures meant to be used in that Maritime University will be built in Oron. Just change the signpost at Oron and thats all.
From what I thought I read initially, the plan was to upgrade the institute at Oron to university standard and the excuse given was lack of 'funds' to establish a brand new uni in Delta state.

What I do not understand however is how or why some have termed this a northern agenda. Some have even claimed they want to move the uni to the north and Amaechi (who should be defending the Niger Delta interests) is a party to this decision. The last time I checked, Oron is also in the Niger Delta and as we speak, the people of Oron must be celebrating this news. The best would have been to upgrade the Oron institute and also continue with the one in Delta, but what I can't understand is how this purely Niger Delta issue has been sensationalised to be northern agenda.
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by Slam15(m): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2016
The pictures of the buildings uploaded looks old. Any professional in that line after looking at those pictures, will tell you same thing.
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by antispexish(m): 11:56am On Jan 22, 2016
Is this what jona bought for 11 billion ?
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by frankyychiji(f): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
Benjom:
...but why would he do that?
Lootocracy!! After eating your yams while in Pdp, he crossed over to Apc where he will have a free rein to eat the farm and the barn with federal government protection. He wants to re-award the contract to his cronies and money launders.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by Dannie2015(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
ANd d is What a minister of d federal republic of nigeriA calls feasibility study. I weep for ds. Country
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by chinchum(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
This appear like some fresh roughly 2 weeks duration work, suggesting contractor hurriedly moved to site off recent to begin work as to appear it is working, the report made mention of contractors working on site as at the time it went visiting. I want to believe billions of naira has been paid. Nigerians must learn to apply good reasoning and not be easily bamboozled.
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by Guyman02: 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
obailala:
From what I thought I read initially, the plan was to upgrade the institute at Oron to university standard and the excuse given was lack of 'funds' to establish a brand new uni in Delta state.

What I do not understand however is how or why some have termed this a northern agenda. Some have even claimed they want to move the uni to the north and Amaechi (who should be defending the Niger Delta interests) is a party to this decision. The last time I checked, Oron is also in the Niger Delta and as we speak, the people of Oron must be celebrating this news. The best would have been to upgrade the Oron institute and also continue with the one in Delta, but what I can't understand is how this purely Niger Delta issue has been sensationalised to be northern agenda.

I think you are still a learner in Nigeria, I dont know how old you are. But politics is different from morality; why do you have a refinery in Kaduna without oil if not for political consideration.
I said earlier that upgrading Oron to a university is just to change the signpost. There are several colleges of education and polytechnics around that were upgraded without a single structure added and without increased budgetary allocation.
Why do we have all the defense industries and institutions located in Kaduna State and not shared out so that people in Abia State can have a feel?
Why is PMB budgeting $2.5b for rehabilitation of the North East destroyed by their own people who joined Boko Haram and nothing was given to South East after the civil war, rather what they had was collected and 20 pounds given to those with millions in the banks.

We are talking about the effect of the jobs that will be lost because of this action and why militancy will not be curbed if development activities are moved under any guise.
GEJ built the biggest flyover in Kano and PMB attempted to cancel the second Niger Bridge with unfounded excuses which raised a lot of uproar.
Shine your eye.
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by Mamog(m): 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
I have responded to Amaechi's lies in my previous post with pictures of my work on that project..
This government is the biggest scam in the history of mankind.
https://www.nairaland.com/2877306/fg-cancels-nimasa-university-project/3
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by haqueurate(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
Obviously, what is bn done hr is not more than 2 months old, after ministers hv started work. I see somone trying to start work to justify billions already stolen
how come this contract was awarded during jonathan tenure and what I see are 3 or 4 structures not even like residential flats
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by obailala(m): 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
Guyman02:

I think you are still a learner in Nigeria, I dont know how old you are. But politics is different from morality; why do you have a refinery in Kaduna without oil if not for political consideration.
I said earlier that upgrading Oron to a university is just to change the signpost. There are several colleges of education and polytechnics around that were upgraded without a single structure added and without increased budgetary allocation.
Why do we have all the defense industries and institutions located in Kaduna State and not shared out so that people in Abia State can have a feel?
Why is PMB budgeting $2.5b for rehabilitation of the North East destroyed by their own people who joined Boko Haram and nothing was given to South East after the civil war, rather what they had was collected and 20 pounds given to those with millions in the banks.

We are talking about the effect of the jobs that will be lost because of this action and why militancy will not be curbed if development activities are moved under any guise.
GEJ built the biggest flyover in Kano and PMB attempted to cancel the second Niger Bridge with unfounded excuses which raised a lot of uproar.
Shine your eye.
Bro, attend to the issue at hand and stop beating about the bush. How does the transfer of the maritime university project from Okerenkoko (niger delta) to Oron (niger delta) amount to northern agenda?... I'm not ready for all these needless paranoid theories, justify your allegations that this move is a northern agenda and stop using every single issue and thread on Nairaland as an avenue for continuous nagging about a northern Buhari being the president.

Which biggest flyover did jonathan build in kano?... Is that also part of the heresies they preached to you in that radio station?.... And even if Jonathan builds a flyover in kano, what's wrong with that?.... Was jonathan not the president of the entire Nigeria?... And by the way, who told you Buhari is cancelling the 2nd Niger bridge?... Did you not listen to the first address by his minister for works that important ongoing projects like the 2nd niger bridge and Lagos-Ibadan expressway would be given first priority?... Obviously your paranoia and prejudiced views did not allow you to see or hear that.

Kaduna is home of the 1st Division of the Nigerian army and somehow, most military training institutes are in Kaduna. Just the same way those institutes are not situated in Abia like you claim, that is the same way those institutes are not located in the other 34 states and 5 zones of Nigeria. Regarding the civil war, I suggest you go ask Gowon why he did nothing to rebuild the SE, Buhari was not the president then and I see no reason why you want to hang Buhari today for something that happened decades ago when he was a nobody.

About a refinery in Kaduna, there is nothing wrong with that as long as Kaduna remains a part of Nigeria. It aids in distribution of refined petroleum products in the northern parts of the country even as the other 3 refineries (Warri and PHx2) supply the needs of the southern regions. There is no law that says a refinery must be sited in every state that has oil. Besides, Bayelsa was part of Rivers state as at the time 2 refineries were built there. If you think the refinery in Kaduna is out of place, why do we have 2 refineries in Rivers state when Akwa Ibom which produces the highest oil today has none?...

Regarding the unfortunate cancellation of the maritime university, it would be nice if that wasn't the case; the FG should have upgraded the Oron institute, and also still continued with the new uni at Okerenkoko. However, they have claimed there is lack of funds to continue, hence the cheaper option of just upgrading Oron. This does not in any way seem like a northern agenda to me.

One thing you need to understand is that Buhari is the president of Nigeria today and he wouldn't be president forever. If you hate him so bad, why don't you come up with smarter arguments to convince people to vote him out in 2019 instead of continuously churning out all these unfounded, irrational and emotionally driven accusations and nagging like a woman on a daily basis?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by Abachaz: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
amechi is suffering from lassa fever
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by edupedia: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
bet9ja:
I supported this Administration since we were left with two problematic Candidate and one must be supported. It is imperative to condemn this type of embarrassing propaganda by Mr. Rotimi Amaechi and also demand for apology, Once more i enjoin Mr Lalasticlala to do the needful.

...what propaganda?...do u know where those pics came from?...do u know how much was collected?. ..are they not the ones who paid a fashion designer half a billion?...we leave what is important and keep parambulating around God-knows-where pics...waste of time
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by Skybee1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
If i av my way i ll wipe all ds old fowl wit lies off d surface of ds country.
Re: Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase by Keneeby(m): 2:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
obailala:
Bro, attend to the issue at hand and stop beating about the bush. How does the transfer of the maritime university project from Okerenkoko (niger delta) to Oron (niger delta) amount to northern agenda?... I'm not ready for all these needless paranoid theories, justify your allegations that this move is a northern agenda and stop using every single issue and thread on Nairaland as an avenue for continuous nagging about a northern Buhari being the president.

Which biggest flyover did jonathan build in kano?... Is that also part of the heresies they preached to you in that radio station?.... And even if Jonathan builds a flyover in kano, what's wrong with that?.... Was jonathan not the president of the entire Nigeria?... And by the way, who told you Buhari is cancelling the 2nd Niger bridge?... Did you not listen to the first address by his minister for works that important ongoing projects like the 2nd niger bridge and Lagos-Ibadan expressway would be given first priority?... Obviously your paranoia and prejudiced views did not allow you to see or hear that.

Kaduna is home of the 1st Division of the Nigerian army and somehow, most military training institutes are in Kaduna. Just the same way those institutes are not situated in Abia like you claim, that is the same way those institutes are not located in the other 34 states and 5 zones of Nigeria. Regarding the civil war, I suggest you go ask Gowon why he did nothing to rebuild the SE, Buhari was not the president then and I see no reason why you want to hang Buhari today for something that happened decades ago when he was a nobody.

About a refinery in Kaduna, there is nothing wrong with that as long as Kaduna remains a part of Nigeria. It aids in distribution of refined petroleum products in the northern parts of the country even as the other 3 refineries (Warri and PHx2) supply the needs of the southern regions. There is no law that says a refinery must be sited in every state that has oil. Besides, Bayelsa was part of Rivers state as at the time 2 refineries were built there. If you think the refinery in Kaduna is out of place, why do we have 2 refineries in Rivers state when Akwa Ibom which produces the highest oil today has none?...

Regarding the unfortunate cancellation of the maritime university, it would be nice if that wasn't the case; the FG should have upgraded the Oron institute, and also still continued with the new uni at Okerenkoko. However, they have claimed there is lack of funds to continue, hence the cheaper option of just upgrading Oron. This does not in any way seem like a northern agenda to me.

One thing you need to understand is that Buhari is the president of Nigeria today and he wouldn't be president forever. If you hate him so bad, why don't you come up with smarter arguments to convince people to vote him out in 2019 instead of continuously churning out all these unfounded, irrational and emotionally driven accusations and nagging like a woman on a daily basis?
You hv spoken well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyo PDP Gubernatorial Candidate, Seyi Makinde Attacks Tinubu / Ayo Adebanjo: Why I Will Oppose Tinubu Presidency In 2023 / PDP Crisis: Governor Wike Vows To Resist "Northern Dominance"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.