Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,716 members, 7,962,315 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:38 AM

Barcelona Fans Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread (91036 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by allboyz(m): 5:50pm On Jun 08, 2009
eto is good but ibra is better. . .truth must be told . . .
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2009
allboyz:

eto is good but ibra is better. . .truth must be told . . .

Pep dont really like Eto
A thirty-goal-a-season striker isn't exactly easy to come by these days,
If he wants Eto out of the team no prob,
For me Ibra is just a skillful player not a goal poacher like Eto'o
We need goal scorers (Villa,Forlan,Ribery) not Ibra
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2009
is pep a racist? who would not like eto'o? Even larpota loves him.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2009
[size=16pt]Barcelona Want Samuel Eto'o To Stay - Joan Laporta[/size]

[b]Barcelona president, Joan Laporta, has stated that the Catalan club want Samuel Eto'o to stay beyond the summer and that talks are going on now between his agent and Txiki Begiristain.

The Cameroonian has been linked with a move away from the Camp Nou lately and, with his deal running out next summer, it has been reported that Barcelona might be willing to sell him.

However, speaking at a press conference today, Laporta insisted that "the director of football and Eto’o’s agent have met to try to find a way for the player to stay, which is what we want".

The president also spoke about the qualities of the Cameroonian, describing him as the "best centre-forward in the world".

"With the players he has had by his side, he has put in great performances and shown that he is committed to Barca. Before with Ronaldinho, and now with other team-mates like [Lionel] Messi, Xavi or [Andres] Iniesta, they have given good balls and he has always taken advantage of them," Marca report him as saying.

"In the important moments he has always scored. I remember in Paris and Rome, our two Champions League finals, he has scored.

"There is always a certain gratitude for Eto'o and, on a personal level, he deserves everything that comes his way."[/b]
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2009
u see life khanye, I said laporta likes these dude. Pep is not just being racially considerate.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2009
Pep hates Eto'o angry

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vX07PHilJ0&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola(m): 7:57pm On Jun 08, 2009
@ Khanye & A-40

Ibrahimovic scored 31 goals for Inter last season. . .  He can get goals.

Big teams have to deal with big egos from time to time. It comes with the territory so I don't think that is a good enough reason to not sign a talented player.

I don't have anything against Eto'o, I just believe there are other strikers that can do better with the amount of chances he has. A striker is only as good as the supply he gets and at Barca there is more than enough supply. . . Ibrahimovic brings more to our overall game IMO. . His style is perfect for Barca.  smiley

Pep knows there are better strikers out there. . . It is nothing against Eto'o. Barca first, always!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2009
Eto ó could be better given same opportunity.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 11:46pm On Jun 08, 2009
George_D:

Eto ó could be better given same opportunity.

what same Opportunity?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Walexdinho(m): 12:22am On Jun 09, 2009
I still like etoo in my team cos he as done alot 2 the team in so many way,but if luckyly he went. I think ibrahim can stil make better difference.But i stil wish etoo shud stay.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 3:52am On Jun 09, 2009
eto should stay

footbal fans are just too greedy, some say they want a striker that would convert al his chances and score 100goals, bad news, there can never be any, there always has to be balance in a team, yes eto missed and we stil won everything, there are many of his goals that just getting in that position is enough work for ibracadabra

however, the main advantage of eto over ibra is is work rate and hm being the first line of defence, i hope u people dont forget so soon all the factors that were combined for us to hav this miraculous season. . . eto messi n henry defended in the opposing halves with their lives, eto in particular was a terror to many defences tryin to pass their way out

al that said, i believe pep, txiki n laporta would do what they THINK is best for the club cos they are all catalans, its their duty

and whats this i'm hearin abt yaya, they should oversign him to a new contract b4 they think of makin any moves, abeg
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 11:24am On Jun 09, 2009
Im happy for Eto.he will destroy madrid next seaon.
they should oversign yaya quick quick,the guy is a multipurpose.
barca for treble next season
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by cloned666: 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2009
Madrid has signed Kaka and David Villa. Won ti poto. Make them sign as much as they can. Barca will still clinch trophies.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by kokonets(m): 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2009
cloned666:

Madrid has signed Kaka and David Villa. Won ti poto. Make them sign as much as they can. Barca will still clinch trophies.

Kaka is official, but is Villa official? they are just trying to renact the galaticos era but Barca for ever
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2009
kokonets:

Kaka is official, but is Villa official? they are just trying to renact the galaticos era but Barca for ever

Shey kaka won score 50goals next season ni?
Make dem continue to dey sign all of dem Forlan,Villa, Ibra,Ribery
New coach, new players, new formation
they will have problems come next season
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2009
[size=14pt]Eto'o Vs Ibra.[/size]

[size=14pt]Samuel Eto'o[/size]

2006/2007: 13goals in 27matches
2007/2008: 18goals in 28matches
2008/2009: 36goals in 52matches

He is one of only two players, along with Raúl González, to have scored in two UEFA
Champions League finals.

6goals in 12 UCLMatches (2008/2009)

[size=14pt]Zlatan Ibrahimović[/size]

2006/2007: 15goals in 36matches
2007/2008:  22goals in 34matches
2008/2009: 29Goals in 46matches

He scored 1 goal in 8UCL matches (2008/2009)
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2009
Eto' o is certainly not as bad as some are painting him here.
That's for sure.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by honeric01(m): 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2009
ETO still remains one of the best in Europe and the world over, bring in any present striker and i will tell you Eto is not far from being the best.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2009
Eto'o is underrated!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2009
Yes, now the million dollar question is: Why do so many people love to hate this guy
despite his good qualities and achievements?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by honeric01(m): 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2009
Because he's black, that's why.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by A40(m): 7:39pm On Jun 09, 2009
@Krayola
Eto'o scored more goals! 36! Playing in a far more talented forward line and you left out an important stat Zlatan scored just one goal in the UCL meaning he is not the man for the big occasion trust me the real reason they call him Ibracadabra is because of how he vanishes in big games like Rent-A-Ghost.Eto'o is the man for the job he has proved it time and time again Ibra on the other hand is the most over-hyped player on the planet
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by allboyz(m): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2009
A-40:

@Krayola
Eto'o scored more goals! 36! Playing in a far more talented forward line and you left out an important stat Zlatan scored just one goal in the UCL meaning he is not the man for the big occasion trust me the real reason they call him Ibracadabra is because of how he vanishes in big games like Rent-A-Ghost.Eto'o is the man for the job he has proved it time and time again Ibra on the other hand is the most over-hyped player on the planet

shocked shocked shocked

But me thinks if . .Ibra plays in a team like Barca . .he will score 100 goals in a season.

he's a complete - all round player!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2009
the sole DEBATE now is Eto'o VS Ibra. Abeg make we leave that one first, either both we are still going to be hot. However its too early to start making necessary/Obvious mouth. Lets just pray against Injury next season. 1 God, 1 Barca.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by A40(m): 12:37am On Jun 10, 2009
@allboyz
I laugh in Isoko
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 12:43am On Jun 10, 2009
this yaya toure speculation is really turnin my stomach, wdf? he has every right to a contract as large as the other 1st team players
i hope this situation dose't become like makhlele and real madrid, when they decided to only reward and maintain their attack alone
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by mukina2: 12:49am On Jun 10, 2009
Is Yaya coming to Arsenal? grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by lailai2(m): 2:20am On Jun 10, 2009
arsenal definitely cant pay wat he's askin for
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by dyabman(m): 2:37am On Jun 10, 2009
in ur widest dreams, yaya to arsenal, if i should be his father i'll disown him as soon as he pens
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Walexdinho(m): 8:30am On Jun 10, 2009
As 4 mi i dnt want yaya 2 leave. Even though why barca dnt want 2 give mi contract.I wish him 2 stay.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 9:12am On Jun 10, 2009
Why on earth would any club want to sell the most reliable midfielder they have?we aint gat a perfect sub for yaya,not even Sergi busquets he still needs more time to grow.his elder brother has warned him not to join arsenal unless he is prepare to play for next five seasons without a trophy.pls watz abidal and gudjhoson still waiting for?if clubs are not intrested in them barca should send them on a free transfer to any club in iraq.we have plenty superstars that are willing to play for barca for free,robinho,aguero,ribery etcetc.i dont know why they should be keeping these two players.

Pre-season calendar20 July: Training begins
21-26 July: London
27 July: Internationals return.
29 July-9 August: USA Tour.
16 August: First leg Spanish Super Cup
18 August: Joan Gamper Trophy
23 August: Second leg Spanish Super Cup
28 August: European Super Cup

plenty trophies for barca next season.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 9:51am On Jun 10, 2009
ogazi, where is this story surfacing from that Yaya is leaving? People with rumor sha!

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.