Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,865 members, 7,962,824 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:36 PM

Barcelona Fans Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread (91045 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2009
Krayola2:

Abegi. . . carry that una bus wey u dey park go panel beater. We use shot destroy am when we come stamford bridge!! U might need it again this season  grin grin grin

Why u dey argue with team wey dey play football like rugby?
Make dem brng dem again this season cool
I will trash dem ASS like shit! tongue
Bleep Haterz

lalaboi:

Perfect description of yourself eh? lol

You cant deny it Mr. Rugby Team Support tongue
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2009
[size=14pt]Jonas Gutierrez Could Sign For Barcelona In The Following Hours[/size]

[b]Newcastle United midfielder Jonas Gutierrez could reinforce Barcelona in the next few hours, if negotiations between both clubs prosper.

Gutierrez, 26, has been looking for a move away from Newcastle United, in order to improve his chances of participating in the 2010 World Cup with Argentina. The Argentine admitted that he would be overjoyed to sign for Barca.

"The truth is they are a great team. They already demonstrated this last season by winning everything. For one, to be part of a great team is always a dream, to play with great players. But, right now it is something I try not to think about. I'm only thinking of Newcastle. But obviously, to play there is a dream for any player," said Gutierrez.

"They are a club who are doing things very well, they have great players and any player would like to play for this team," he insisted.

Gutierrez, who is a starter with the Argentine national team, believes he is a versatile player who can adapt to any kind of circumstances, and whether he remains at Newcastle or moves to the Catalans isn't of great concern to him.

"One tries to accommodate himself to what he needs, or to the coach, or to the team, or at the team where one plays. If I am asked to play as a side-back, one tries to do the best possible, always trying to progress. They are two positions that aren't too different to one another," affirmed the player.

In recent weeks Diego Maradona stated that playing at Newcastle United won't affect Gutierrez's position in the national team, if of course, he continues to play at a high level.[/b]

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1706/barcelona/2009/08/21/1453526/jonas-gutierrez-could-sign-for-barcelona-in-the-following
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2009
My great Barca Pple, I just watched my first Madrid's match today, against Dortmund(friendly) Mehn the last season team is tighter than this. We go too flog this people i can bet anything on it. However they might clinch well as the season goes by, but I still dont see them coming close to winning us in anyway possible. Visca El Barca
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Walexdinho(m): 4:24am On Aug 23, 2009
so we are playing at home today. nothing do us. that means we are going to be crown today for our first title at this season. that nice up barca.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Walexdinho(m): 4:28am On Aug 23, 2009
at training on Friday. barca 4life

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2009
Hahahahaha, laughs in trophyholic manner. FUTURE TV confirms Barca's first trophy today. VISCA EL BARCA MESQUE EN CLUB. grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by khanye(m): 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2009
Shey Ibra dey play today? cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2009
eyonigger:

Hahahahaha, laughs in trophyholic manner. FUTURE TV confirms Barca's first trophy today. VISCA EL BARCA MESQUE EN CLUB. grin

haha. I like that word. I'm adding it to my vocab. Cules are a bunch of TROPHYHOLICS!!

Guardiola: “I’m not reserving anyone on Sunday”

Vanessa Forns

Josep Guardiola is treating the Spanish Super Cup very seriously. As Barça bid for their first trophy of the season, the manager said “we’re playing a final tomorrow, I’m not reserving anyone”.

Everybody has their minds focused purely on the game at the Camp Nou against Athletic Club Bilbao. Guardiola knows that “starting the season with a title is very positive … no titles are more important than any others.” He will be demanding the very best from his players in a game he considers it to be a privilege to be taking part in.

Going for the attack

Guardiola knows his players are in fine form, but turned to a curious statistic as a warning. “Of the nine times Barça have played the return leg of the Super Cup at home, only one of the games has been won … we have to be careful. Bilbao will be coming to create pressure.” Attack, believes Guardiola, is the best form of defence. “Will be very deliberate about the way we go forward” he said.

Time for Ibrahimovic

Ibrahimovic made his debut in Wednesday’s Gamper match, and a number of questions are already being asked about the Swedish striker. But Guardiola confirmed that Ibra “is ready to play an official match” but knows he will need time to adapt. “He should take all the time he needs, as long as he keeps showing the same implication he has shown up to now. He can play badly as many times as he has to. The harder it is for him, the more he will have me here to support him. It should be as hard as it has to be for him. I’m not worried. What he needs is playing time and that way he’ll adapt properly”.   cool

Reserve input

Following the Gamper, it has generally been said that the youth players that have been helping the first team will be going back to their respective reserve teams. But the manager added that “if we don’t get reinforcements, some of them will be staying on, but not in the same way that we did things last year. I haven’t decided which ones yet”. But concerns have been voiced that some of these players do not yet have the experience required to cope with top flight football. Guardiola spoke with confidence when he replied that “they are inexpert because they are young, but they are ready. It was the same once for Iniesta and Xavi. We have some top class players coming through”.

Hard to repeat last season

The Barça manager did not want to speak about a possible extension to his contract, but did confess that it would be almost impossible for the first team to repeat its astounding successes of last season. “That’s very difficult” he said. “You have to remember that the treble was something the club has never done before in its entire history. But there is a better chance we can do it if we are able to concentrate. It is more than probable that we won’t win the treble again”.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love that our last 2 coaches have had a lot of confidence in our youth system.  . . .Pep seems to have even more faith in them than Rijkaard. It is so nice to have a Catalan coach that came through the system coaching the club. I can't help feeling that the club is in great hands. I just hope whoever comes in after the next election doesn't mess things up.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2009
Good half overall. We've held them to the sword.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:10pm On Aug 23, 2009
Messi goal. One trophy down, 5 to go
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2009
Maxwell is playing very very well. Abidal won't be impressed. grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Sauron1: 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2009
How's that a penalty FFS?
That was a clean tackle on Dani Alves. . . . . Barcelona bought the referee, abeg.

I am not watching this game again.
Nonsense. angry
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2009
Penalty. soft call but we scored on the play anyways.

Messi scores. 2 nil.

We don come again o!!  grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

How's that a penalty FFS?
That was a clean tackle on Dani Alves. . . . . Barcelona bought the referee, abeg.

I am not watching this game again.
Nonsense. angry

hahaha. cry me a river!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2009
Ibra off for Bojan.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2009
3-0 Bojan. walks it in like a tru catalan would!! grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by chic2pimp(m): 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2009
Maxwell is playing well. Always knew he would prove to be the better of the two signings bought from Inter.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2009
NO TEAM CAN KEEP UP WITH US FOR 90 MINS. NONE!!! U go chase ball tire!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by chic2pimp(m): 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2009
kai see trashing oo. Bilbao should be banned from playing in la liga for two seasons. They've been absolutely diabolical tongue tongue tongue.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2009
We make even the best teams look like shite. See what we did to man utd. Na bus wey Chelsea park save dem yansh
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by chic2pimp(m): 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2009
I don't see barca retaining the champs lge this season.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2009
We have the team to do it but CL involves a bit of Luck. It's almost impossible to be that fortunate 2 yrs straight. See that Iniesta's last minute goal for instance. What are the odds of doin that again? 

As far as game goes, I'll be very impressed by any team that outplays us. Whether or not they beat us. Atletico madrid and Espanyol are the only teams that managed to do it last season and both those games were pure fireworks. No team in Europe, except chelsea, gave us problems. We brushed them all aside.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Walexdinho(m): 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2009
up barca, we made it again we are too much.so messi is back for good thank GOD for is return .barca 4life

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by chic2pimp(m): 11:48pm On Aug 23, 2009
Krayola2:

We have the team to do it but CL involves a bit of Luck. It's almost impossible to be that fortunate 2 yrs straight. See that Iniesta's last minute goal for instance. What are the odds of doin that again? 

As far as game goes, I'll be very impressed by any team that outplays us. Whether or not they beat us. Atletico madrid and Espanyol are the only teams that managed to do it last season and both those games were pure fireworks. No team in Europe, except chelsea, gave us problems. We brushed them all aside.
next season would be different trust me. Teams now know how to play against u lots so things would surely get tougher. Save for the fact u don't know If ya new forward line will gel.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by eyonigger(m): 12:07am On Aug 24, 2009
FUTURE TV, Much thanks, more trophies ahead. Congrats my pple.

Sauron u ought not to be beefing, u sure knew that was a penalty, even if the penalty was not awarded, then the goal could have. Bad belle.

Cnt wait until the 29th. We must watch out for Shaktar abi wetin them dey call them, got some bunch of hungry Brazilians there.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 4:11am On Aug 24, 2009

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Walexdinho(m): 5:32am On Aug 24, 2009
i can't wait for the league to start ,am even dying to play Real.and see what they are made of with all those player they but. UP Pep

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by Krayola2(m): 6:36am On Aug 24, 2009
Guardiola: “It’s the first title, the past is left behind.”

The coach joked with his first comments to the press when he said “at least at the end of the season, i can say I won a title”

FC Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola was delighted with racking up the first title of the season. The coach highlighted the difficulty of these matches “A final is always hard because anything could happen.” However, he was proud of his players who responded perfectly, “we have been at the highest level, the team has been very dynamic in putting pressure, and we moved the ball well, which was all very crucial for the team.” The coach also ended any sort of euphoria and stressed that people should stop thinking about another triplet, “The triplet hasn’t existed for a long time, and we were the first to get it, but these things do not happen often.”

Guardiola also had a few words of praise for his new addition, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, “he has been perfect today,” he also added that the player will soon get used to putting pressure of the opposing defenders, but was overall happy with the Ibra’s performance. Guardiola also praised another new player, Maxwell, “He has been very good, he’s a fantastic lad and has already won all his team-mates in the locker room.”

The coach concluded by having to again remove his hat to the quality of Lionel Messi. He clarified that this season he will be the on in charge of penalties, “In principle, he will be responsible for it, he is a guarantee,” concluded the coach.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 8:43am On Aug 24, 2009
UP BARCA!UP BARCA UP BARCA!!!!!
We don come again o!1 down 5 to go.Ath.bilbao should go give thanks giving that the golden boi did not play the game.
All in all,it was a nice start.congrats people,we will celebrate another trophy on friday.
Barca for 4 more trophies cos one had gone.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by segunpc(m): 9:07am On Aug 24, 2009
why you people no display ur result against manchester city?

whether u display it or not we re winning the la liga this season ans we re beating u people home and away in the el classico.

halla madrid!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by ogazi007(m): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2009
You are kidding i guess.how can u compare super cup with a friendly match?
we have already started and we aint going backward no more.
watch us celebrating another trophy on friday and the pressure on madrid to perform would be severe when we claim our third trophy in December(world club cup).you will not smell any trophy this season.the old ladies would kick u out of CL in the knock out stages.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread by IFELEKE(m): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2009
kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.