Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,217 members, 7,936,764 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 10:09 PM

pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) (27692 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / Picture Of Umuojima Road In Aba Under Construction / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by yeswecan(m): 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2009
The airport is really cool.

Accra airport looks like a car garrage.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Baraac(f): 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2009
maybe the airport will be named after Babangida's wife,
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by AndreUweh(m): 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2009
Ndidiamaka Maryam Babangida Airport Asaba.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by sonypez(m): 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2010
@ThinkRait,
the Intl Airport will really affect sates around Delta state, smiley
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Abrantie: 11:40pm On Feb 23, 2010
What's with Nigerians and your obsession for airports?
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Jaylon(m): 12:42am On Feb 24, 2010
asaba's proximity to onitsha would make the airport viable, no doubt.

But what about the river niger bridge ? what's been done about that ?
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by MrCrackles(m): 12:44am On Feb 24, 2010
Poster
I am only interested in quality end product
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by biina: 1:02am On Feb 24, 2010
Dis one pass white elephant, and is looking more like a voltron project grin
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by MrCrackles(m): 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
biina:

grin
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by phoenixsta: 11:48am On Jun 23, 2010
MrCrackles:

Poster
I am only interested in quality end product

Just hope the contract is properly executed and not abandoned and equally
evaluated and as well hope the standards meets expectations not just an airport
but a viable facility that life depends upon.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by DisGuy: 12:55pm On Jun 23, 2010
one year on any pictures to show or dem don abadon am already like akwa ibom 'international' airport
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by mahal(m): 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
This same picture since early last year, No progress,
I thought Dr Uduaghan said it would be completed my June this Year??
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by mahal(m): 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2010
MrCrackles:

grin
Haa! MrCrackles! where have you been?
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by kobikwelu(m): 11:16pm On Jun 23, 2010
Dis one pass white elephant, and is looking more like a voltron project

^^^^^^^^

LOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

LWKKMMMDDDDDDDDDDDD
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by DisGuy: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2010
everybody wants an international airport at their backyard

hows it going?
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Jun 25, 2010
"If you build it, they will come " . . . We are still waiting for them to come in Tinapa, and we might need to do the same with this airport as well. LOL
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by DisGuy: 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

"If you build it, they will come " . . . We are still waiting for them to come in Tinapa, and we might need to do the same with this airport as well. LOL

LMAO

The governor of the other state is actually paying the airline for empty sear

i remember someone saying Marks and Spencers, Harrods etc are fighting for a shop in Tinapa

The Abuja National Stadium only get used when there a football match generating zero income!
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2010
Dis Guy:

LMAO

The governor of the other state is actually paying the airline for empty sear

i remember someone saying Marks and Spencers, Harrods etc are fighting for a shop in Tinapa

The Abuja National Stadium only get used when there a football match generating zero income!

lol . . . . from what I have heard from people who are in the area . . . the place is open but not buzzing at all.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Blazay(m): 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2010
I can't wait for this airport to be completed. I hope it can be made cater to international interests too. No reason to ever visit those Lagos/Abuja airports. cool
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2010
biina:

rotflmao
Dis Guy:

everybody wants an international airport at their backyard

hows it going?
no be small thing o.the project is going to be a carry over and a campaign trap come next year.vote uduaghan for second term and get your international airport running. . . Stuff like that
mahal:

This same picture since early last year, No progress,
I thought Dr Uduaghan said it would be completed my June this Year??
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by DisGuy: 4:25pm On Jun 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

lol . . . . from what I have heard from people who are in the area . . . the place is open but not buzzing at all.

that's because the demand was extremely over exaggerated, i mean the consultants have to get paid  cheesy

they blamed it on the government btw the previous gov is a pdp man
they blamed it on northern bad belle even though the president then was a southerner
the current president is a southerner lets see if tehy leverage to get the customs off their back
why they didnt do this from the begining i dont know  undecided
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2010
There is really nothing the federal can do. If you go on tinapa's site it is quite clear the FTZ is open for business. The problem is simply that demand is low  . . .  even Enterprising business people in the east are not taking advantage of whatever it is Tinapa is offering. And that project cost nothing approx Naira 500 billion Naira and costs about Naira 200 Billion each year. You go there and you wonder where exactly you will find all that money. FTZs, Airports included are supposed to make money for government, not continue to suck on government for so long.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by kobikwelu(m): 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2010
horrible feasibility studies
tinapa cry cry cry cry cry
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Myself2(m): 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2010
This is one of the many conduit pipes Uduaghan is using to siphon billions of naira from the treasury of Delta state.I pity Deltans
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by illusion2: 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2010
can anyone tell me the economic activity that will sustain /pay for this airport ?

This people are completely visionless.

I'd rather he spent that money to buy MMA off the FG & reap the coninuos & guaranteed profits.

Every state wants to build their own airport,when common sense should tell them the business activity /security feasibility should come first.

Who's going to fly into a war zone full of kidnappers & trigger happy policemen ?  undecided
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by shotster50(m): 12:24am On Jun 26, 2010
illusion,

Your assumptions are waaaaaaaay off target. Asaba is nowhere near war zone you talk about. The airport actually makes sense if they can deliver on it. Do you know that Asaba is right next to Onitsha, which has one of the biggest Markets in Nigeria, Presently traders have no option than to import goods to Lagos and then convey them through the Benin Ore trap to the east.

This will be an absolute life saver for them if it goes through.

You should stop with these arm chair criticisms, it only makes you sound more and more ignorant.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by chika98: 12:27am On Jun 26, 2010
That Accra airport looks like a backyard or some garage of some sort. Ugly!
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by shotster50(m): 12:36am On Jun 26, 2010
@ Chika jsut from the entrance, you already know it is ugly , NIGERIANS!
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by chika98: 1:31am On Jun 26, 2010
Yeah sue me!
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by shotster50(m): 1:34am On Jun 26, 2010
Dont worry am not, your crass generalisation is there for all to see.
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 26, 2010
This was a year ago!

Can someone post the update? How it looks now, the progess etc. .  .
Re: pictures-Asaba International Airport Project (under Construction) by chika98: 1:38am On Jun 26, 2010
shotster50:

Dont worry am not, your crass generalisation is there for all to see.

LOL get over yourself! Crass ko? Generalization ni? How do you know I haven't been to Ghana before?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Addresses Corpers In Daura (Photos) / EFCC Denies Raiding Onnoghen's House, To Drag Fani-Kayode To Court / Shehu Sani Explains Why Senators, Including Opposition Members, Fear Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.