Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,198 members, 7,960,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 08:53 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (68564 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by jaybee3(m): 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2009
Henry is world class but not a great. same way eto/van d poacher/drogba are

seems sauron has personal beef with henry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2009
jay bee:

seems sauron has personal beaf with henry

How can you be world-class without being great?
If you keep listening to the British media who use the term "world class" loosely, then Theo Walcott is world class.
To be a world-class player, you ought to be the best in your position for at least one football season.
I cannot remember any time in Henry's career where he managed that.

HNIC:

Anyways, beef all u can
He's a world cup winner
They don't buy it in the market!

Same as Kleberson. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2009
jay bee:

seems sauron has personal beef with henry
Please why is Eto'o not a great?? What does he need to do to be great?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2009
A lot of folks chat gibberish on this site. Wish we could see eye to eye and thrash footie out. Lets organize a footie contest/quiz and end opats wey boys been dey yarn. Ruud is  a better striker than henry.

PS:
Henry started as  a winger while ruud started as  a defender.

Henry was so useless in Juve where trezegol achieved. He had all the chances in this world to bury barcelona and man u in 2006 and 2009 respectively but goofed if not for eto'os opener.

Ruud left United and made an instant remark at madrid while it took the bojans,geovanni's to make henry wake up temporarily.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by jaybee3(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2009
GREAT IMO is a summary term used to quantify players with different and all sort of records once they hang up their respective boots.
World class players are key to their respective team's success. They are players than can make impact/stamp own signature on the team's performance weak in weak out.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2009
That was down to the decision of the coach bottom line is the matches he played he made enough impact to score the most goals for France even in the midst of more experienced players

Can a coach decide to bench an important player in an important game? How many important games have Zidane, CR7, Ronaldo Lima, Messi been benched regardless of whom the coach is Even Ladan Bosso cant do that.

He is France's all-time highest goal-scorer a country with players like Platini,Tigana,Fontaine,Zidane e.t.c no amount of bad belle can change that

Imagine comparing Henry a striker to midfielders why didnt you also include that he scored more than Barthez, Deschamps, and Dessailly?

Etoo won 2 CL as an important player in both. Tell us what Henry won as an important player in his team.

What else could Henry have done? They suffered a freak loss to Senegal and he got red carded in the first half against Uruguay even Zidane could not salvage things against Denmark so what are you on about??You seem to forget that football is a team sport

Henry was at his peak and couldnt score against Tony Sylva of Senegal. He became so frustrated he got carded against Uruguay. SImply because Zidane wasnt available.
Zidane had to play against Denmark in crutches because Henry, Vieira, and Pires were so useless

Henry was so useless in Juve where trezegol achieved. He had all the chances in this world to bury barcelona and man u in 2006 and 2009 respectively but goofed if not for eto'os opener.

Is that the first time? Henry chokes at key moments. In Euro 2000 finals he was busy making back passes to Toldo before Trezegol nailed it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2009
BinghiNya:

A lot of folks chat gibberish on this site. Wish we could see eye to eye and thrash footie out. Lets organize a footie contest/quiz and end opats wey boys been dey yarn. Ruud is  a better striker than henry.

And Ruud was so useless that he was made to sit on the bench while Louis Saha played!

BinghiNya:

Ruud left United and made an instant remark at madrid while it took the bojans,geovanni's to make henry wake up temporarily.
and a few years later,Ruud became so useless that Madrid wants to flog him for as low as  1.75 m pounds and at a time Spurs and B'burn were interested!

Who is  chatting gibberish grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2009
Ok,
Henry is a useless player.
The worst the EPL has seen.

Hope haters are satisfied now.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Is that the first time? Henry chokes at key moments. In Euro 2000 finals he was busy making back passes to Toldo before Trezegol nailed it.
Henry ran rings around players like nesta and cannavaro in that final. He was man of the match in IMO. Did I hear u right saying eto'o is better than henry?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 4:39pm On Aug 25, 2009
Henry ran rings around players like nesta and cannavaro in that final. He was man of the match in IMO. Did I hear u right saying eto'o is better than henry?

Did I hear ran rings? Man Of the Match? when his team was 1 minute from losing he was still running rings.
Are you talking about a game you played on PS cos this cant be Euro 2000

BTW does your nanny/babysitter allow you to watch football matches?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2009
Ruud still has the record of scoring 10 consecutive goals in the EPL. He has suffered more time outs than Henry yet his goal to match ratio is better than Henry.Come back to me when Henry scores in a final of a tournament. Don't mention the crappy 2001 confed cup.
Against Liverpool fa cup final he messed up. Against Italy he messedup 2wice. against barca same. Against Man u same.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Did I hear ran rings? Man Of the Match? when his team was 1 minute from losing he was still running rings.
Are you talking about a game you played on PS cos this cant be Euro 2000

BTW does your nanny/babysitter allow you to watch football matches?
u sure were watching the match on black and white t.v cuz everytime henry got the ball he showed nesta nad cannavaro pepper. The only thing he did not do was score. He was the best player on the pitch that night along with totti. Zizou as much as I love him was anonymous.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2009
BinghiNya:

back to me when Henry scores in a final of a tournament. Don't mention the crappy 2001 confed cup.
Why shouldn't it be mentioned?
Was it not organised by FIFA?
Or was it Organised by 'Thierry Henry fans association'
Why should we exclude it?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2009
People are talking about World cup, Euro cup, CL finals you are talking about confed cup

WHy not challenge cup or beach soccer since its also organised by FIFA Gayyners never change Lil wonder they were climaxing when they won Amsterdam and Emirate cup
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

People are talking about World cup, Euro cup, CL finals you are talking about confed cup

WHy not challenge cup or beach soccer since its also organised by FIFA Gayyners never change Lil wonder they were climaxing when they won Amsterdam and Emirate cup
Very funny
So, Confed cup is no cup.
Yet the entire Brazillian team celebrated like they have won the World Cup!
What i wanted to bring out was what's the justification of excluding the Confed cup from the list.
Must a player score in the finals of a competition to justify anything?
Henry didnt score in the 06 CL finals, yet in the run up to the finals, he scored one of the finest goals you will ever see scored at the Bernabeu.
At the 2002 world cup, Rivaldo scored some stunning goals, enroute to the final, but Ronaldo scored twice in the finals.
does it rubbish rivaldo's contribution to the team?
In the 1994 ANC, Amuneke played in the finals and scored 2 goals and Rashidi Yekini didn't score!
Does it mean that rashidi yekini was not the chief goalscorer in the team, because he failed to score in the finals

Some logic we have here!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Henry is without doubt the second best striker of his generation after ronaldo and just ahead of shevchenko. Van nisteleooy is a long way behind. The likes of terry and ferdinand have named henry as the best opponent they have ever faced. The only player that beats that is my idol ronaldo who the likes of nesta,cannavaro,maldini,thuram(i'm sure I am missing a few others) named as their toughest ever oponnent.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2009
BinghiNya:

Ruud still has the record of scoring 10 consecutive goals in the EPL. He has suffered more time outs than Henry yet his goal to match ratio is better than Henry.Come back to me when Henry scores in a final of a tournament. Don't mention the crappy 2001 confed cup.
Against Liverpool fa cup final he messed up. Against Italy he messedup 2wice. against barca same. Against Man u same.
where was ruud when henry was dragging his teams to those finals? undecided undecided undecided. The only striker that can lay claim to be better than henry is the one and only Phenomenom.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2009
Man Utd also celebrated when they won Carling cup

Rivaldo made key contributions in 2002 finals Kahn had to spill his shot for Ronaldo.

Henry in all the key finals choked. Missed one on one sitters against Barca 06, Man Utd 09, Liverpool 2001, Galatasaray 2000., Italy 2000.

Tell me a final Henry has lived up to. Confed cup 2001 that Brazil largely sent their home based players and lowly rated players.
Washington and co

Henry 2nd best striker? Unless there are only 2 strikers in the world
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2009
hahahaha

if there was ever any doubt, its just been dispelled,

[size=40pt]SAURON AND DAYOKANU ARE THE TWO BIGGEST MORONS THE WORLD HAS EVER PRODUCED![/size]

by the way, are u two competing to see who beats who at demonstrating ones retarded-ness    grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Henry 2nd best striker? Unless there are only 2 strikers in the world
name anyone better. Ronaldo is better, shevchenko give or take was equal second(though I believe henry was better). Apart from the ones I mentioned name anyone better(pls do not include horse face).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2009
Henry scored tonnes  and tonnes of goals
henry gave more assists that any striker i have ever known in my life. In one season he had over 20 assists to go with over 20 goals. . . are u guys even serious? how dare u compare henry to mere mortals. . . this is just blasphemy.

Ronaldo is better, but henry has been good for longer, and is still going strong. . if u consider longevity henry even shits on Ronaldo.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by biina: 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2009
The extent of inanity some people will show just to win an argument is simply alarming. undecided

@sauron
You are a semi-illiterate idiot that cant read simple english, and obviously needs classes in arithmetic.
In the 5 seasons that Ruud and Henry were together in the EPL, Henry had a better goal to game ratio than Ruud.
Comparing them when they played against similar opposition is a  fair comparison, and not you grabbing stats from entire playing days with no regards for who the opposition was.
What next,  Salenko was the best goal scorer at the '94 world cup? undecided

I no get time for sauron and DKs idiotic rantings jare. They can believe whatever they want, as they are already a lost cause.

P.S. Feel free to yarn another set of arrant nonsense in response
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2009
biina:

@sauron
You are a semi-illiterate idiot that cant read simple english, and obviously needs classes in arithmetic.
In the 5 seasons that Ruud and Henry were together in the EPL, Henry had a better goal to game ratio than Ruud.
Comparing them when they played against similar opposition is a  fair comparison, and not you grabbing stats from entire playing days with no regards for who the opposition was.

This Biina is a fool. . . . .Ruud met Henry in the EPL and left him in the EPL so what 5 years are you talking about?
Ruud was here between 2001 and 2006. . . .In those years, he had a higher goal/game ratio than Henry.
Don't even try to spray gloss paint over your goofs. . . . .

I no get time for sauron and DKs unfortunate rantings jare. They can believe whatever they want, as they are already a lost cause.

Tell us how Henry's goal ratio was better than Ruud in Ruud's 5 season spell in the EPL.
The amount of stupidity platelets running through your veins can sink the TITANIC.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 7:26pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

Ronaldo is better, but henry has been good for longer, and is still going strong. . if u consider longevity henry even shits on Ronaldo.
If u consider longevity inzaghi shits on henry. Oh c'mon lets be honest jare. U say ronaldo is better then in the very next sentence u say henry is better. Make up ur mind jor.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2009
chic2pimp:

If u consider longevity inzaghi shits on henry. Oh c'mon lets be honest jare. U say ronaldo is better then in the very next sentence u say henry is better. Make up your mind jor.

The best striker in my generation is Luiz Ronaldo of Brazil.
There's no doubt about that. . . .He was a great player and he was 10 times as skilful as Thierry Henry.
You don't become the best player on the planet at 20 without talents.

After Luiz Ronaldo. . . . . .I will have 5 other top strikers before Thierry Henry.
Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Ruud, Eto'o. . . .
If you idiots can look beyond the EPL. . .y'all would realise Henry is NOT world class.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by biina: 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

This Biina is a fool. . . . .Ruud met Henry in the EPL and left him in the EPL so what 5 years are you talking about?
Ruud was here between 2001 and 2006. . . .In those years, he had a higher goal/game ratio than Henry.
Don't even try to spray gloss paint over your goofs. . . . .

Tell us how Henry's goal ratio was better than Ruud in Ruud's 5 season spell in the EPL.
The amount of stupidity platelets running through your veins can sink the TITANIC.

EPL Goals in individual season

Goals/match in EPL
Year         Ruud         Henry
2002      23/32      24/33
2003      25/34      24/37
2004      20/32      30/37
2005      06/17      25/32
2006      21/35      27/32

Total EPL goals/game in the 5 seasons
Ruud  95/150 = 0.63
Henry 130/171 = 0.78

Total Club goal in the 5 seasons
Ruud 150/219 = 0.68
Henry 166/242 = 0.69

Oya go and take those arithmetic lessons. They are past overdue!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

The best striker in my generation is Luiz Ronaldo of Brazil..
thank u jare. Eventhough we disagree on the henry issue at least we agree on something else. Ronaldo scored in every major finals he played in(unbelievable stats). I would even go as far as to say he along with zidane were the best players period.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2009
biina:

Oya go and take those arithmetic lessons. They are past overdue!

Admit it. . . . .You are an idiot!!!

U are even counting a season when Ruud was injured and appeared in 17 games??
What won't this idiot do to score cheap points.
Why not add Henry's injury-plagued season to your watery mathematical skills and balance this up. . . .

Ruud whups Henry's record in the Premiership.
His 5 years was greater than Henry's overall career in the Premiership and that's a FACT.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2009
For once biina speaks words seasoned with salt. I salute you though honest man.  cool

Ruud is a horse-faced prat who cannot be compared to Henry.

nuff said.  cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

After Luiz Ronaldo. . . . . .I will have 5 other top strikers before Thierry Henry.[/b]Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Ruud, Eto'o. . . .
[b]y'all would realise Henry is NOT world class
u are reverting to your old self again. 5 strikers above henry grin grin grin grin(I laff in patua). That gaff aside,can u pls define world class?. U named five. Who's the fifth one?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2009
chic2pimp:

u are reverting to your old self again. 5 strikers above henry grin grin grin grin(I laff in patua). That gaff aside,can u pls define world class?. U named five. Who's the fifth one?

Luiz Ronaldo
Shevchenko
Raul
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Inzaghi
Eto'o

debosky:

For once biina speaks words seasoned with salt. I salute you though honest man.  cool

nuff said.  cool

He whups Henry everywhere. . . .International goals record. . . , UCL records. . . .Club records.
What else do we need?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2009
debosky:

nuff said.  cool
Gbam. Why don't we start comparing pius ikieda or opabumi to messi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (101)

PSG Vs Bayern Munich Champions League Final (0 - 1) On 23rd August 2020 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.