Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,201 members, 7,960,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 08:57 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (68565 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2009
chic2pimp:

LAI LAI  grin. I REPEAT TO U,NAME ME A FINAL HENRY HAS SCORED IN. RONALDO HAS SCORED IN EVERY FINAL HE HAS PLAYED IN  grin cheesy grin. I think u are the one making noise jare  wink wink cheesy

I'm talking about club career!! How can u narrow careers over a decade long to a few "finals". .  and u have the audacity to call someone a failed statistician. .  whick kind ogogoro u dey shack? Dem no get adult learning facilities for ya side? grin you are a hilliterate grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

storee. . . u guys have run out of arguments and now u're just chatting bollocks. . .  u're now comparing defenders. . . what nonsense!!

Abeg. . . Get off that fat brazilian's cock and give Thierry henry, a tru professional athlete, his props!!   cool cool
look @ dis doofus grin  grin. While sauron and dikee claim they can name 5 strikers better than Henry, I have always said thats a big fat lie. Read my post again and I bet u will hear me say only Ronaldo can lay claim to better than Henry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by biina: 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2009
Roger Milla was scoring key world cup goals at the age of 38 means he is a greater player than Henry? undecided
It is tantamount to  treasonable felony to compare O Fenômeno to Henry, and only a cule would be silly enough to do it.
One of the greatest footballers of all time, 3x WPOTY and the youngest player to ever win the award, should not be compared to Henry, who is very far from the company of players we are talking about.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2009
biina:

Roger Milla was scoring key world cup goals at the age of 38 means he is a greater player than Henry? undecided
It is tantamount to  treasonable felony to compare O Fenômeno to Henry, and only a cule would be silly enough to do it.
One of the greatest footballers of all time, 3x WPOTY and the youngest player to ever win the award, should not be compared to Henry, who is very far from the company of players we are talking about.

I've conceded international football to Ronaldo.

I'm comparing their club careers. .  and no one has made any argument that shows otherwise. Ronaldo did not have a better club career than Henry. you can take that to the bank!!

Forget Henry's goals sef. .  the assists he has put up over his career (just the numbers) are enough to put him in contention for world's best playmaker. . . He is that good   cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

Forget Henry's goals sef. .  the assists he has put up over his career (just the numbers) are enough to put him in contention for world's best playmaker. . . He is that good   cool cool

90% of those assists weren't from open play. . . .
Henry did every shit. . . .Throw-ins, Corner-kicks, Free-kicks(direct n indirect).
In a non-quality team like Arsenal. . . .his team-mates gave him a free rein to do as he liked.

Krayola2:

storee. . . u guys have run out of arguments and now u're just chatting bollocks. . .  u're now comparing defenders. . . what nonsense!!
Abeg. . . Get off that fat brazilian's cock and give Thierry henry, a tru professional athlete, his props!!   cool cool

Henry ain't even the best player to have graced the EPL(never mind Europe).
Cantona, Zola and Shearer and Cristiano were all better than Henry.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

I'm talking about club career!! How can u narrow careers over a decade long to a few "finals". .  and u have the audacity to call someone a failed statistician. .  whick kind ogogoro u dey shack? Dem no get adult learning facilities for ya side? grin you are a hilliterate grin grin
yes ooo I have the audacity to call u a failed stastician cuz u are  wink grin grin. I have already shown you up on the false information u gave about henry,inzaghi and ronaldo. I repeat it again ONLY RONALDO CAN LAY CLAIM TO BE BETTER THAN HENRY. We all know sauron and dikee are jokin tongue grin. Anybody who says  both inzaghi and horse face are  better than henry is a joker.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ chicnlittle

You can't use one season where ronaldo score 34 goals to say he his the best and then ingore several where Henry scored 30 (or 20+) with 20+ assists. .   that is just bad math. .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2009
biina:

krayola admit it u have lost this arguement  wink tongue grin grin . Arch enemies Biina and[b] Sauron[/b] are even singing from the same hymn sheet  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by biina: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

I'm comparing their club careers. .  and no one has made any argument that shows otherwise. Ronaldo did not have a better club career than Henry. you can take that to the bank!!

and what is ur yard stick?
Ronaldo has played for 4 of the biggest clubs in Europe, winning top scorer in all the leagues he has played in, and has an overall goal scoring ratio of 0.7.
What has henry done that is comparable? the only thing henry has won that Ronaldo never did, was the CL.
Henry never scored more than 40 goals in a season, and yet Ronaldo scored 47 for Barcelona.
You must be high from sniffing elubo
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

@ chicnlittle

You can't use one season where ronaldo score 34 goals to say he his the best and then ingore several where Henry scored 30 (or 20+) with 20+ assists. .   that is just bad math. .

All the 20+ assists and goals henry copped then were rubbish cos he was 2nd best.

Ruud scored 44 in the EPL in 2002/3
C.Ronaldo scored 42 in 2007/8
Luiz Ronaldo scored 35 in 35 for PSV and 47 goals in 49 apps for Barcelona.

Tell us what Henry did that was spectacular in his prime.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2009
haha. U guys have nothing to back u up. .  

What did Ronaldo do in his club career that henry did not do. U guys are just biased. Na just sentiment. Like I said the hate has blinded y'all  wink

Sow me ronaldo's stats for his club career and tell me hos they are better that Henry's.

Unless u can do that u're just making noise
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

@ chicnlittle

You can't use one season where ronaldo score 34 goals to say he his the best and then ingore several where Henry scored 30 (or 20+) with 20+ assists. . that is just bad math. .
Henry has scored 30+ goals 5 times in his career while ronaldo has achieved this same feat 4 times(6 times if u include psv and cruizero wink cool).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 9:44pm On Aug 25, 2009
chic2pimp:

Henry has scored 30+ goals 5 times in his career while ronaldo has achieved this same feat 4 times(6 times if u include psv and cruizero wink cool).

Luiz Ronaldo shits on Henry. . . . .He is a legend.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

Sow me ronaldo's stats for his club career and tell me hos they are better that Henry's.
Unless u can do that u're just making noise
goal per game ratio in his club career is better. Also keep in mind ronaldo is not a goal hanger a la ruud
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

Luiz Ronaldo shits on Henry. . . . .He is a legend.
I wouldn't say shits on him. He was just better period. However the LEGEND part is true wink cool. Ronaldo O fenomeno is without doubt the greatest striker to have played football  cool cool cool cool cool.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2009
biina:

and what is your yard stick?

overall productivity for entire career.

biina:

Ronaldo has played for 4 of the biggest clubs in Europe, winning top scorer in all the leagues he has played in

That Henry stayed at one club for a long time should not count against him. That would be unfair. He was top scorer in England several times (don't forget averaging about 15 assists aseason at Atsenal)

biina:

, and has an overall goal scoring ratio of 0.7.
What has henry done that is comparable? the only thing henry has won that Ronaldo never did, was the CL.

I'm not sure what Henry's ratio is, but i don't think Ronaldo ever had 15 assists in a season. .  talk less averaging that over 7 seasons, while scoring lots and lots of goals.

biina:

Henry never scored more than 40 goals in a season, and yet Ronaldo scored 47 for Barcelona.

Ronaldo only ever scored 30 league goals in Europe once (outside PSV). his highest besides that was 25. Henry scored 30 league goals in 2 seasons, 25 in another couple, 20+ in others. Ronaldo never had 20 assists in a season. .  Henry did a couple of times. For u to ignore such a huge advantage in Henry's favor is dishonest, at the least.

biina:

You must be high from sniffing elubo

Like I said, noone has made a better case for ronaldo. . .  its just a lot of posturing and noise.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2009
KRAYOLA THE DUNCE grin grin sorry man when it comes to ronaldo u can't beat me sorry grin grin grin. I have two sporting idols. RONALDO and MICHAEL JORDAN.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 10:03pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

Ronaldo only ever score 30 league goals in Europe once (outside PSV). his his highest besides that was 25. Henry score 30 league goals in 2 seasons, 25 in another couple, 20+ in others. Ronaldo never had 20 assists in a season. . Henry did a couple of times. For u to ignore such a huge advantage in Henry's favor is dishonest, at the least.
Wrong again. Just keep disgracing ya self u hia. Can u name the second season he was meant to have scored 30+ league goals. 2003/4 is the only season he has done that(30 goals in 37 apps).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:03pm On Aug 25, 2009
chic2pimp:

KRAYOLA THE DUNCE  grin grin  sorry man when it comes to ronaldo u can't beat me sorry grin grin grin. I have two sporting idols. RONALDO and MICHAEL JORDAN.

You see, u just admitted that u are biased. All na sentiment.  grin grin  The truth has come out.  cool cool grin

The fact of the matter is that Henry has had a better club career and is still growing strong. Ronaldo at his prime is the greatest ever. Case closed!!  wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2009
chic2pimp:

Wrong again. Just keep disgracing ya self u hia. Can u name the second season he was meant to have scored 30+ league goals. 2003/4 is the only season he has done that(30 goals in 37 apps).

Can u imagine? 37 appearances when an entire league season itself is 38 games.
It is only in Arsenal a player can cop 37 appearances.
Cristiano Ronaldo is a better athlete than Henry. . . . .He never copped 37 league appearances for Man Utd.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2009
chic2pimp:

U guys are just acting like u are not educated. U think u are sharp but u're just being silly. I said LEAGUE goals. At least understand the argument u are responding to. If I add FA cup and CL goals Henry has over 30 goals in 4 or 5 seasons, which shits on Ronaldo even more.

una juss dey be be scout dey expose your ignorance. Just gettin over excited for nothing. Bushmen!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

U guys are just acting like u are not educated. U think u are sharp but u're just being silly. I said LEAGUE goals. At least understand the argument u are responding to. If I add FA cup and CL goals Henry has over 30 goals in 4 or 5 seasons, which shits on Ronaldo even more.

una juss dey be be scout dey expose your ignorance. Just gettin over excited for nothing. Bushmen!!

Has Henry scored 40+ goals in a season before? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

Has Henry scored 40+ goals in a season before? grin

Has ronaldo ever had 20 assists a season? . . . talk less of averaging 15 a season over 7 years.

Ronaldo is fat and washed up. . . Henry still gbono fele fele!!  cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2009
jay bee:

GREAT IMO is a summary term used to quantify players with different and all sort of records once they hang up their respective boots.
World class players are key to their respective team's success. They are players than can make impact/stamp own signature on the team's performance weak in weak out.
So are you saying Eto'o has not made and broken records?
2 UCL's
3 La Liga titles
Scoring twice in different UCL Finals
3 times African Player of the Year
Highest Goalscorer in Nations cup History
Olympic Gold winner
2nd Runner up WPOY (2005)

dayokanu:

[b]Can a coach decide to bench an important player in an important game? [/b]How many important games have Zidane, CR7, Ronaldo Lima, Messi been benched regardless of whom the coach is Even Ladan Bosso cant do that.
Yes for tactical and technical reasons e.g fitness,indiscipline e.t.c afterall Ginola and Cantona did not make France's squad

dayokanu:

Imagine comparing Henry a striker to midfielders why didnt you also include that he scored more than Barthez, Deschamps, and Dessailly?
Did you not see Fontaine on that list?? Why not show me the French striker that outscored him in any major tournament instead of playing Baba Ijebu with ma questions

dayokanu:

Etoo won 2 CL as an important player in both. Tell us what Henry won as an important player in his team.
World Cup,Euros,Ligue 1,EPL,La Liga,UCL

dayokanu:

Henry was at his peak and couldnt score against Tony Sylva of Senegal. He became so frustrated he got carded against Uruguay. SImply because Zidane wasnt available.
Zidane had to play against Denmark in crutches because Henry, Vieira, and Pires were so useless
Big players sometimes fail to shine in big tournaments e,g Raul,Van Horseface e.t.c. . .Shyte happens

dayokanu:

Is that the first time? Henry chokes at key moments. In Euro 2000 finals he was busy making back passes to Toldo before Trezegol nailed it.
Did you watch that Final at all?? Henry was arguably the best player in white that day

Krayola2:

That's a cold hard fact my brother.He is the complete striker obviously Ronaldo de Lima is in a class of his own but Henry is right behind him then you can start with the Raul's and Sheva's of this world those are consistent players that delivered season after season not a C.Ronaldo that has one great season and then struggles the next
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

I don tell u stop smoking yam  grin grin grin. O.k now lets use both overall stats and league stats. They have both scored 30+ league goals once(do ya research). Henry has scored 30+ goals in a season 5 times in his career while ronaldo has done it 4 times(bear mind i'm shifting the goal post on your behalf and taking away 40+ goals in a season while @ cruizero and 35 in 35 games while @ psv).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2009
Cats playing down Henry's importance in the Barca treble team should take out Henry's 26 goals and 12 assists and tell me where the treble would have come from
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

Has ronaldo ever had 20 assists a season? . . . talk less of averaging 15 a season over 7 years.

Has Henry copped golden boots in all the league he has graced?

Ronaldo is fat and washed up. . . Henry still gbono fele !!  cool cool

What a joke!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2009
A-40:

That's a cold hard fact my brother.He is the complete striker obviously Ronaldo de Lima is in a class of his own but Henry is right behind him then you can start with the Raul's and Sheva's of this world those are consistent players that delivered season after season not a C.Ronaldo that has one great season and then struggles the next
thats the point I have been making all day. Ronaldo is numero uno while Henry is number 2 right behind him shikena
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2009
chic2pimp:

I don tell u stop smoking yam  grin grin grin. O.k now lets use both overall stats and league stats. They have both scored 30+ league goals once(do ya research). Henry has scored 30+ goals in a season 5 times in his career while ronaldo has done it 4 times(bear mind i'm shifting the goal post on your behalf and taking away 40+ goals in a season while @ cruizero and 35 in 35 games while @ psv).

ok. .  since Ronaldo has no glaring goals advantage, how do u account for the massive blowout in the assist department. (YOU CAN'T)

And the fact that while Ronaldo is a fat transvetite chasing playboy in Brazil, Henry is still a vital part of the greatest team in the world, and just copped a treble, with retirement nowhere in sight.

TH14. . . u rule!! cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

And the fact that while Ronaldo is a fat transvetite chasing playboy in Brazil, Henry is still a vital part of the greatest team in the world, and just copped a treble, with retirement nowhere in sight.
yes ooo the fat boy that only miroslav klose outscored during the last worldcup. U can say that again.
Krayola2:

TH14. . . u rule!! cool cool
rule for where. His village? tongue grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2009
chic2pimp:

thats the point I have been making all day. Ronaldo is numero uno while Henry is number 2 right behind him shikena
You would make that point all century and haters would not understand.Its easier to pound yam with a syringe than make them haters understand
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2009
A-40:

So are you saying Eto'o has not made and broken records?
2 UCL's
3 La Liga titles
Scoring twice in different UCL Finals
3 times African Player of the Year
Highest Goalscorer in Nations cup History
Olympic Gold winner
2nd Runner up WPOY (2005)
Don't mind him jare. How can someone spew so much shit saying eto'o is not great or worldclass.
A-40:

Yes for tactical and technical reasons e.g fitness,indiscipline e.t.c afterall Ginola and Cantona did not make France's squad
Cantona and Ginola were  thrown out of the french squad because of indiscipline and shitty performances. They did not produce the goods for france when needed so the coach had no other option than to chuck their old lazy asses out and rebuild.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (101)

PSG Vs Bayern Munich Champions League Final (0 - 1) On 23rd August 2020 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.