Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,227 members, 7,960,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 10:03 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (68567 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

He never played for a club that qualifies automatically into the CL like Henry with Arsenal.
Did Henry win anything in Europe with Arsenal? Hell No.
Until Henry joined Barcelona as a spare part. . . . . He wasn't even close to winning the CL schitzo.

Henry won several trophies at Arsenal. .including league title[b]s[/b]

26 goals and 12 assists can only be considered spare parts in a great team like Barca!! wink

holla back!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2009
Krayola2:

Henry won several trophies at Arsenal. .including league title[b]s[/b]

Several titles? What several titles?
Michael Carrick joined Man Utd in 2006. . . . .He has won more titles than Thierry Henry who spent 7 years in Arsenal.

26 goals and 12 assists can only be considered spare parts in a great team like Barca!!  wink

26 goals for a team that scored over 150 goals in a season is meagre.
Messi scored 38, Eto'o scored 36 and the GREAT Henry scored 26 goals.
Now, u gotta admit Henry was a spare part. grin grin grin grin
I doubt any team-mate outscored Luiz Ronaldo throughout his career in Europe.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2009
Only an irredeemable buffoon like Krayola would pillory Ronaldo for not winning more titles.

The fact that he played in rubbish teams only makes his achievements more legendary.

Ronaldos worst World Cup (2006) is better than Henrys best World Cup.

I am an Inter fan of 1997 vintage. I joined Inter when Ronaldo and Taribo joined. Our team was so rubbish back then, especially the defence. We boasted of luminaries such as Fabio Galante. Our midfield was full of the Benoit Cauets of this world. The only decent players we had were Ronaldo, Pagliuca, an aging Zamorano and a fading Djorkaeff. Infact, let it be known that Taribo West was the third best player in the team after Ronaldo and Pagliuca. Thats how rubbish the team was in 1997. Ronaldo carried that team single-handedly.

From 1998 to 2002, Ronaldo was not involved in the squad and couldnt win anything cos of injury.

At Real. . . . well we all know about Real and their mago-mago.

Still Ronnie has copped 30 goals, 3 times in Spain despite being overweight.

Imagine Henry weighed 100 kg. What will he do? He would have to phocking retire!

The day Henry cops 30 goals in Spain, I will doff my hat to him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
Ronaldo won world footballer in 1996 and 1997 without playing much international football

He won based on his club career what has Henry won in his whole club career.

In Juve he was surplus to requirement, In Barca he was more of a peripheral player.

In every club Ronaldo Lima played for he was always number one on the team sheet.

Juve vs Madrid 2003 semi finals in Turin Ronaldo was injured but Del Bosque had to bring him in to play.

The goals Ronaldo scored at Barcelona are stuffs of legend Henry can never score it even on PS3 watch Barca vs Compostella
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2009
dayokanu:

The goals Ronaldo scored at Barcelona are stuffs of legend Henry can never score it even on PS3 watch Barca vs Compostella

I remember how Sir Bobby Robson used to hold his head in his hands when Ronaldo was tearing defences apart with speed and guile.
Not even Messi could be as fast and deadly as Ronaldo in the mid-90s.
He was a beauty to watch.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bffUNX3qX3s&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2009
Sauron,
Henry was 10mins away from winin d CL with arsenal. Are u drunk again? grin
yall can sit here all day and and analyze stats which will NEVER tel u d entire story. If we judge players solely on stats, lampard n gerrard r d greatest midfielders in d history of football grin . . . and are both greatly superior to iniesta, which obviously isnt the case. Players should be judged primarily by their ability/consistency, not by wikipedia /soccernet.
Dat being said, there are many areas where henry is beta dan ronaldo.
He is quicker, he is a MUCH BETTER passer/crosser, he can hit dead balls, hes more creative, and has a beta football brain.
Ronaldo is still d beta player,he's a beta dribbler, he's a beta finisher, and has beta body balance. But make no mistake, d difference is marginal. . . Far from d blatant defeat some try to make it look like.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2009
Ibime:

The fact that he played in rubbish teams only makes his achievements more legendary.

Ronaldo played for great teams and he was a great player.

Ibime:

Ronaldos worst World Cup (2006) is better than Henrys best World Cup.

Are u 5? How many times do I have to tell u that I have conceded international careers to Ronaldo?  

Ibime:

I am an Inter fan of 1997 vintage. I joined Inter when Ronaldo and Taribo joined. Our team was so rubbish back then, especially the defence. We boasted of luminaries such as Fabio Galante. Our midfield was full of the Benoit Cauets of this world. The only decent players we had were Ronaldo, Pagliuca, an aging Zamorano and a fading Djorkaeff. Infact, let it be known that Taribo West was the third best player in the team after Ronaldo and Pagliuca. Thats how rubbish the team was in 1997. Ronaldo carried that team single-handedly.

At Real. . . . well we all know about Real and their mago-mago.

u're making excuses for his failures. Compared to Henry, Ronaldo is an underachiever at the club level. He was never a team player and his teams suffered for it. See what happened when he joined real. . . Raul's numbers went to shit and Ronaldo was bangin in goals. See how much Raul and Morientes achieved and compare that to what happened when that selfish brazilian playboy came to the club.

Ibime:

Still Ronnie has copped 30 goals, 3 times in Spain despite being overweight,
Imagine Henry weighed 100 kg. What will he do? He would have to phocking retire!

The day Henry cops 30 goals in Spain, I will doff my hat to him.

Barcelona's attack isn't built around Henry and he copped 26 goals last season.  

Henry scored 30+ goals in 5 seasons at Arsenal.  . . another advantage that y'all choose to ignore. Add the assists to that and Ronaldo doesn't even have a case!!

His weight, attitude, and disregard for his teams are evidence that he isn't a professional. . more strikes against him. .  I repeat, Henry's club career is better than Ronaldo's

I know u guys can do better than this. .  come on. .   cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2009
ritchboy:

Sauron,

Salomon Kalou was also 8 secs away from winning the CL with Chelsea

yall can sit here all day and and analyze stats which will NEVER tel u d entire story. If we judge players solely on stats, lampard n gerrard r d greatest midfielders in d history of football grin . . . and are both greatly superior to iniesta, which obviously isnt the case. Players should be judged primarily by their ability/consistency, not by wikipedia /soccernet.

If we judge solely on stats, Denilson of Arsenal shits on Lampard and Gerrard.
This is not about stats. . . . . .It is what the eye of my mind can see.
After Pele and Maradona, Ronaldo comes next and he is 50 notches higher than Thierry Henry.
Henry is not even better than Raul Gonzalez.

He is quicker, he  is a MUCH BETTER passer/crosser, he can hit dead balls, hes more creative, and has a beta football brain.

This is the joke of the century. . . . . .Henry quicker than Ronaldo? There's no visible skills that Henry has got that matches that of FAT Ronaldo.
Luiz Ronaldo used to do 10 secs in 100 metres in his prime and there's no player quicker with the ball than Luiz Ronaldo.
Freedie Ljunberg was quicker than Henry at Arsenal. . . . . .that is how poor Henry was with pace.

Ronaldo is still d beta player,he's a beta dribbler,  he's a beta finisher, and has beta body balance. But make no mistake, d difference is marginal. . . Far from d blatant defeat some try to make it look like.

The difference is monstrous. Never ever put the 2 together in the same realm.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2009
ritchboy:

Sauron,
He is quicker, he is a MUCH BETTER passer/crosser, he can hit dead balls, hes more creative, and has a beta football brain
Ronaldo is still d beta player,he's a beta dribbler, he's a beta finisher, and has beta body balance. But make no mistake, d difference is marginal. . . Far from d blatant defeat some try to make it look like.

in ur words, the difference between Ronaldo and henry is marginal?
and you want people to read this?
dont miss Krayolas argument
hes only saying Henry had a better club career as against what ure saying

nobody compares Ronaldo to henry except a brain dead

Henry has a better football brain than Henry?
u shld be banned from this section

Moderator pls delete that post

lemme read correct analysis from better people
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2009
ritchboy:

Sauron,
He is quicker, he  is a MUCH BETTER passer/crosser, he can hit dead balls, hes more creative, and has a beta football brain.
Ronaldo is still d beta player,he's a beta dribbler,  he's a beta finisher, and has beta body balance. But make no mistake, d difference is marginal. . . Far from d blatant defeat some try to make it look like.

I agree with u 10000%. It's Nairaland that turns football into a stats game. But I don't mind goin that route if it is necessary.

Ronaldo was not a team player. .  he was a great individual talent, but even a fit Ronaldinho (at his prime) brought more to his team than Ronaldo (that is a whole other debate)
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2009
U know its funny how ibime keeps mentioning his weight. That must be d lamest attempt of an excuse ever.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2009
Ronaldo won world footballer in 1996 and 1997 without playing much international football

He won based on his club career what individual award has Henry won in his whole club career.

In Juve he was surplus to requirement, In Barca he was more of a peripheral player.

In every club Ronaldo Lima played for he was always number one on the team sheet.

A Barca fan should know of the goals Ronaldo scored against Compostella and tell me any goal Henry has scored in his career even in training that matches that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2009
Krayola2:

Ronaldo was not a team player. .  he was a great individual talent, but even a fit Ronaldinho (at his prime) brought more to his team than Ronaldo (that is a whole other debate)

I doubt you saw Ronaldo on TV. . . . .
U are spewing bollocks, ma friend.
Ronaldo was a striker's striker. . . . . . .He could do anything with the ball in his prime.
Between 1996 and 2002, there was no striker like him on the planet.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2009
Sauron,
i dont care if kalou was 1 second away from winin d glo premier league, u said henry neva came close wid arsenal n i simply stated a fact dat suggests otherwise.
Tkb,
there is no difference btw u n a suicide bomber. . . except u have a slightly bigger head grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2009
ritchboy:

Sauron,
i dont care if kalou was 1 second away from winin d glo premier league, u said henry neva came close wid arsenal n i simply stated a fact dat suggests otherwise.

Henry's Arsenal were beaten in 90 minutes.
He wasn't as close as Drogba, Kalou and Essien to winning the CL when he was at Arsenal.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2009
Tkb,
there is no difference btw u n a suicide bomber. . . except u have a slightly bigger head

grin grin grin madman
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2009
Henry's Arsenal were beaten in 90 minutes.
He wasn't as close as Drogba, Kalou and Essien to winning the CL when he was at Arsenal.

Sauron, That is wrong

Rather Henry ensure his team was beaten when he missed 3 sitters one on one vs Barcelona

Last year he wanted Barca to lose when he missed sitters one on one against VDS again before Etoo and Messi won the game.

Henry <<< Etoo, Sheva, Raul, Inzaghi, RvNistelrooy, Rivaldo
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2009
dayokanu:

Henry <<< Etoo, Sheva, Raul, Inzaghi, RvNistelrooy, Rivaldo
you forgot to add Ribery, Klose, and Luca toni to that list. . . don't forget Gomez. . . alcoholic oshi!! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2009
Etoo 2 CL final goals
Sheva Ballon D'or
Raul 3 CL scoring in 2 finals
Inzaghi 2 CL scoring 2 goals in a final
Rivaldo World footballer of the year and Ballon D'or
RvN Highest goal scorer in 3 different leagues

TELL US ABOUT THE LEGEND OF THIERRY HENRY!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
Krayola2:

Anyways, this debate has been fun. I learned quite a bit I didn't know b4. . .especially from Chic'2; love-vendor, that alcoholic bastard  grin grin
na me u dey call alcoholic bastard abi  grin grin. Hehehehe see me see trouble ooooo. Thunder fire ya yansh grin. Bloody wasteman grin. So chicnpimp no do u abi. Anoufia grin cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2009
@ dayokanu
Vladimir Smicer also scored in the CL finals in 2005
Add him to that list.
He's better than Henry! lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2009
Only a Johnny Just come like Krayola would support Henry over Ronaldo.

This is typical of recent fans.

If you go ask any REAL Barca fan from the 1990's if Henry is better than Ronaldo, you will recieve a slap.

Even Henry himself would slap you for comparing him to Ronaldo. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2009
Ibime:

Only a Johnny Just come like Krayola would support Henry over Ronaldo.

This is typical of recent fans.

If you go ask any [b]REAL Barca fan from the 1990's if Henry is better than Ronaldo, you will recieve a slap.

Even Henry himself would slap you for comparing him to Ronaldo[/b]. grin grin grin
wahala don come
chei grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2009
Sure thing or how would anyone in his right mind say Henry is better than Ronaldo when Lima won 2 WFOTY based on his club form.

What next Rooney is better than Van Basten because he scored 2 goals last weekend
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2009
Only an irreconcilable revisionist like Krayola would claim Ronaldo wasnt a team player.

This guy would have you believe that Ronaldo made no assists.

Ronnie was top assist maker in 1998 WC.

This guy is trying to tell me that Real went down cos Ronnie joined.

Moderator, pls ban this guy for 24 days.

Real went down cos they had too much attackers, and no defenders.

Why did Brazil not go down when Ronnie came into the team?

Rivaldo knows how much space and chances Ronnie created for him to cop 5 goals in 2002 WC.

Infact, Rivaldo is better than Henry, talkless of Ronaldo.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2009
dayokanu:

What next Rooney is better than Van Basten because he scored 2 goals last weekend
Naah,
Rooney didn't score in a cup final last weekend! lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2009
Krayola knows nothing about football

Ronaldo joined Real and they won the league and played CL semis.

It was the Beckhams and Owen that led to the fall of Madrid The fake Galacticos
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
Ibime:

Only an irreconcilable revisionist like Krayola would claim Ronaldo wasnt a team player.

This guy would have you believe that Ronaldo made no assists.

Ronnie was top assist maker in 1998 WC.
AGAIN, CLUB!!! CLUB!! CLUB!!

Ure like a 2 yr old that won't stop putting garbage in his mouth   grin grin

Ibime:

Why did Brazil not go down when Ronnie came into the team?

CLUB!! CLUB!!! U can't make one argument without bringing Brazilian National team into the mix. just quit it. it's gettin annoyin havin to type the same shit over and over again!!

Ibime:

This guy is trying to tell me that Real went down cos Ronnie joined.

Moderator, pls ban this guy for 24 days.

Real went down cos they had too much attackers, and no defenders.

Rivaldo knows how much space and chances Ronnie created for him to cop 5 goals in 2002 WC.

Here we go again!!

Ibime:

Infact, Rivaldo is better than Henry.

Believe it or not I agree with that on some levels. . .  Henry just has better stats. But i think Rivaldo is a footballer's footballer!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2009
RIVALDO WOT A LEFT FOOT
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Krayola2(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2009
dayokanu:

Krayola knows nothing about football

Ronaldo joined Real and they won the league and played CL semis.

That was the only league title he won in his entire European career. He never won a CL. Henry played in 2 CL finals, and won one of them. He has won numerous league titles.

dayokanu:

It was the Beckhams and Owen that led to the fall of Madrid The fake Galacticos
Madrid won Liga with Beckham. . . Infact Beckham's addition to the team after Capello had refused to play him was responsible for Madrid's spectacular comeback in that season. Olodo rabata!!

u guys are gettin pathetic. . . u are just comin with some stale points now.

I win by TKO!!  cool  

someone please find a new topic to debate
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2009
Even babasuwe knows ronaldo da lima(eja osan) grin, he never mentioned henry. The prayer of every mother was to have a son as sharp as ronaldo not henry. No wonder aragones called him black shit. Ronaldo scored a hat-trick in 1997 confed final and emerged the highest goal scorer. He is the best striker the whole world has ever seen. How many world up goals has henry. 5 in all compared to el phenomeno's 15. Ronaldo has 2 world cups, highest scorer of all times(his name is in Guniness book of record), married a better model than Henry. Won world cup at 17. Shits on henry wrt natioanl teams. Has never crashed out of a group stage in any competition.Made sir bobby robson place his hands on his head. Scored a hat trick and received a standing ovation at OT something Henry has never achieved
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2009
How about:
Where would Anderson play his club football this season?
Millwall FC grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (101)

PSG Vs Bayern Munich Champions League Final (0 - 1) On 23rd August 2020 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.