Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,172 members, 7,963,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 08:30 PM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (25130 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by CGKing(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2009
I wonder y ppl keep deceiving themselves. These ppls have done nothing for Nigeia where they were born and have lived all their lives, now they are fighting for BIAFRA which after been created, nothing will still be done.

Just as foolish as the cowboy X and cowboy O story on sesame street.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2009
with this kind of post, i wonder who is really deceiving who grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by otokx(m): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2009
Did MEND really attack Lagos? I don't think so.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by CGKing(m): 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2009
George_D:

with this kind of post, i wonder who is really deceiving who grin

What is he saying? I really dont want to deceive myself like some ppl. So pls can u elaborate? or u r just running ur mouth?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2009
carolalex1:

Hello all,

Please leave Yar adua alone!!! He never promised anythinG!!! He promised a 7 point agenda, which is he still delibrately on. He never promised anything. Check the meaning of agenda below

·gen·da (ə-jěn'də)
n. pl. a·gen·das

A list or program of things to be done or considered: "They share with them an agenda beyond the immediate goal of democratization of the electoral process" (Daniel Sneider.

Yaradua is still considering which he promised and he will definitely spend is tenure as president considering.
Nothing less, nothing more as plaanned.

Not to discount the importance of CONSIDERATION as the central pillar of all contemplative and introspective systems of governance, as exemplified perfectly by the present Yar Agoduam presidency in Nigeria, but,  with so much time allocated for consideration, how will the all-important LAMENTATION quota be fulfilled ?

To maximize inefficiency, The Yar Agoduam administration must align itself into a tripartite governmental structure consisting of three main perogatives, namely CONSIDERATION, LAMENTATION and of course the ever popular STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARATION.  This administrative compartmentalization will go along way towards preventing duplications of inactivity.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by banom(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2009
@ Jakumo,

Grammer and commedy no dey finish for your mouth, which kind person you be self ?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2009
CGKing:

What is he saying? I really dont want to deceive myself like some ppl. So pls can u elaborate? or u r just running ur mouth?

you will know who is running his mouth when the time comes.
a word is enough
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by SapeleGuy: 11:52pm On Jul 16, 2009
MEND attacked a facility that happens to be in Lagos - Who told you people that there are no yoruba members in MEND or that they are not from Ajegunle?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by CGKing(m): 10:46am On Jul 17, 2009
you will know who is running his mouth when the time comes.
a word is enough

grin grin Ok Biafran boy! You want start ur own struggle abi? Make we dey look now.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 11:08am On Jul 17, 2009
i'm just telling you to watch events unfold that's all. who's from biafra?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GANZ(m): 4:16pm On Jul 17, 2009
Its quite obvious some people have too much time on their hands.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by TayoD1(m): 12:30am On Jul 18, 2009
@Jakumo,

Not to discount the importance of CONSIDERATION as the central pillar of all contemplative and introspective systems of governance, as exemplified perfectly by the present Yar Agoduam presidency in Nigeria, but, with so much time allocated for consideration, how will the all-important LAMENTATION quota be fulfilled ?

To maximize inefficiency, The Yar Agoduam administration must align itself into a tripartate governmental structure consisting of three main perogatives, namely CONSIDERATION, LAMENTATION and of course the ever popular STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARATION. This organizational compartmentalization will go along way towards preventing duplications of inactivity.
I would have loved to laugh. But to think that the husband of a dear friend of my sister was killed in that attack, I no get mouth to laugh at all.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 18, 2009
SapeleGuy:

MEND attacked a facility that happens to be in Lagos - Who told you people that there are no yoruba members in MEND or that they are not from Ajegunle?

@ bolded

true talk.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by NegroNtns(m): 7:58am On Jul 18, 2009
MEND attacks Lagos. Na where the money go come to take do repairs and compensate the victims? The house wey burn, na better go replace am.

What I will now like to see is for MEND to prevent FG from using oil money to do repairs and reconstruction. That will be a true measure of their might if they will sccessfully block FG from selling oil and shifting the revenue to rebuild Atlas Jetty.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2009
depends on what you mean by too much time
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 2:40am On Jul 20, 2009
has aikegbemaru disappeared from the thread after my challenge?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by anneduke: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2009
violence is not the way forward but then i think the gov't should sit up and look into the Niger-delta cries with an open ear and a serious mind.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by stalliontp(m): 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2009
I  broke up with my ibo girlfriend after reading this thread, i realized its safer to stay close to your own, so going forward, its strictly yoruba. There is so much bad belle it makes me wonder if we have a palestinian/israeli situation vis a vis ibo/yoruba, No she ain't the love of my life,  it was in the early stage.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2009
stalliontp
I broke up with my ibo girlfriend after reading this thread, i realized its safer to stay close to your own, so going forward, its strictly yoruba. There is so much bad belle it makes me wonder if we have a palestinian/israeli situation vis a vis ibo/yoruba, No she ain't the love of my life, it was in the early stage.

kai oduduwa trait! me tire oooooooo

anyway get urself obj daugther, cool
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by stalliontp(m): 12:16am On Jul 21, 2009
shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by lapo(m): 9:14am On Jul 21, 2009
The Atlas Cove Jetty attack was the most politically insensitive action of the so called militants. They'd better started to MEND their ways.
Read more at: www.myownnigeria.com
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2009
now, this is becoming delirious! grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2009
Lapo

U ve spoken wisely.

One enemy too many
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2009
maybe it should read 'three enemy too many' grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by adisa363: 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2009
those people dare not attack any part of yoruba land again
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2009
those people dare not pollute any land which the lagos state have its allocation again oooo

in the name of one fairness!! abi

yeye
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuemann: 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2009
These Lagosians self you una nor dey use una head? See make I yan una Lagos no become wetin he become today because of Cocoa money or a resultant effect of the free scholarship programs that saw most of your now so call elite getting foreign education and awareness- which has inavariably turned them into cowards. (Forgive my ignorance oh - Shey Obj RIGGED THE ENTIRE SOUTH WEST with all the Professors wey una get?? Lagos was saved not because of the yorubas there but the Nigerians residing and doing business in Lagos)

What is the justification of calling Lagos a yoruba land - and what bloody hell can you or any of your cohorts do; use juju abi? Most of the known companies operating that are truly Yorubas are all politically fed enterprises that grows according to the tide of the political tide of our pretntious country; Niger-Area! That should do for the fibble minded yoruba man that has been yelling insults on the Niger-Delta Crusaders! -(MEND)

"The Nobel Laureate, Wole Soinka, has described the attitude of the Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE) to the attack on the Atlas cove as an unnecaasry ethinicisation of a GENIUNE CAUSE" Now thats what am talking about. It only takes a mind that has undergone rigorous training and retraining- and capable of discerning issues from the mere scents, sounds, apparent look of things, to know that the MEND is fighting a cause that Niether AWO nor ZIK could fight or fathm how to go about orchestrating before their demise. Ojukwu did try but he was really not ready because he was trying to use institutions that mushroomed form the same institutions that he was fighintg. The laurate comments far settles all caes of weither Lagos is this or that.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by babapupa: 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2009
Why are you guys having sleepless nights over yoruba people and how many times are you gonna repeat the same nonsense?

Your towns and villages are in danger, the Igbo nation is under siege and you dummies are here constantly fixated on yoruba people. It's like you guys see yoruba people in your dreams, they are the people you wanna be. What are they doing to you?

You guys were saying the same backward nonsense and get left behind when yoruba people were building the 1st high rise in Africa, the 1st university in Nigeria, the 1st TV station in Africa, 1st free education program in Africa.

When are you going to start worrying about your own problem, yoruba people are not going to solve your problem.

All that nonsense is not gonna prevent fashola from planting another three, from adding the 3rd igbo man to his cabinet, from building another overhead bridge or ordering tons of BRT buses. You and your people on the other hand have leaders who are doing the opposite, your leaders are looting your resources right in front of you, they are buying mansions in london and sending their kids to private schools in Europe.

I know you guys have this brainwashed system going on and you pass it down to your kids but Yoruba people are the least of your worries, you guys have better fish to fry right under your noses so why don't you start doing something about evil acts and decays like this in your community and worry less about yoruba people,

[b]
These Kidnappings And The Destruction Of Igbo Nation

Written by Churchill Obinna Okonkwo
Monday, 15 June 2009

In the poem “The Second Coming" published in 1921, William Butler Yeats wrote that “… everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned; the best lack conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.” Kidnapping with passionate intensity is the only way one can describe the present situation in South Eastern Nigeria.

The worst of Ndigbo appears to have arrived and taken control of their lives, redefining their value system, traditional believes, morality, and everything they used to know and cherish. While acknowledging that moral decadence in our society cuts across almost all the ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, the alacrity with which the worst in Ndigbo have pervaded their societies and are now seen as role models calls for a critical examination.

I will use the recent wave of kidnappings in Igbo states to drive home my points. It is no longer news that the risks of kidnapping is now higher in south east Nigeria than in Niger Delta region. The passionate intensity with which some umu afo Igbo (sons of the soil) have taken to the act of kidnapping has left me bewildered. To make a clear distinction between why there is happening in Igbo land and not in the middle belt, northern Nigeria or western Nigeria, you need to try and answer this question; If the act of kidnapping is a reflection of the absence of law and order in Nigeria as a whole, why must it be in Igbo land that it has turned into a money making venture without any other cause or justification other than greed?

What started in Niger Delta as an act of protest against the environmental injustices and struggle over resource control which later deteriorated to acts of vandalism, greed, and money making venture has been hijacked, redefined and perfected by “faceless” vandals in south east Nigeria. The worst amongst Ndigbo are gradually taking over reigns of power and as these vandals drives fear into the poor masses.

Among the south eastern states, Anambra state appears to be the worst. There have been cases where the family of poor hostages who couldn’t afford to pay the huge ransom were snookered into selling plots of family land to raise the money by the kidnappers. There was a case where 20 million Naira was demanded and the captive’s family could only come up with 5 million Naira. And you know what the kidnappers did? The killed their hostage and told the family members where to go pick up the corpse and perform the burial ceremony with the 5 million. Just pause and think of that and the callousness.

It all started with the erosion of the sense of shame, courtesy, right and wrong in the past three decades. Amplified with reorientation of the traditional core values of honesty, integrity, equity, communal social responsibility and replaced by greed to get rich at all cost. Very soon, the people that matters, listened to and worshiped in the societies and villages became people that got rich overnight whose sources of wealth, to say the least are most times questionable.

Thus, Ndigbo had the era of Nnukwu Mmanwus (the big masquerades) and the Otimkpus (the praise singers). Igbu ozu became the yard stick to measure responsibility and acceptance in the society. They had the Otokoto era and the Edie Nogu scandals. Bakassi Boys have come and gone.

The prestigious place of civil servants and teachers in the villages were displaced in a chemical reaction that has cash, cars and greed as catalysts resulting in an unbalanced equation. Men who wanted to belong ebe ife na-eme (where things are happening) fled the civil service and teaching. Those who remained turned their offices and class rooms to business centers.

The 4th republic witnessed the first coming to age of the products of that greedy era. The Nnamanis, Mbadinujus, Kalus, Ubahs, Nzeribes and the likes. These acts of kidnapping is a graduation and marks the second coming of the beasts.

Meanwhile, the innocence has been silenced and drowned in Igbo land. The political beasts have rigged their way into elective offices. The traditional value system has been eroded and replaced by greed. Things have fallen apart and anarchy is gradually staring Ndigbo in the face.

I think it’s time for Ndigbo to re-evaluate their value system. Who do Ndigbo see as their role models? What do they cherish and value? What do parents wish for their children? What do a parent who takes a child out of a secondary school and pay their ways for the child to excel in exams through malpractice expect from that generation in ten years time?

Now back to the act of kidnapping for ransom. What drives this present wave of kidnapping in Igbo land? It is greed to get rich in order to belong to that new class of people that has arrived in the society. What most Ndigbo has forgotten is that greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.

The chieftaincy titles, the knighthood in the churches, the traditional leaderships, the spoke’s person and all the prestigious positions in all facets of Igbo society should size to be exclusive reserve of the rich. A nation that worships wealth they say shall live to destroy itself. Are these acts of kidnapping marking the climax of the destruction of Igbo Nation? Ndigbo should be worried at the directions the moral decadence in their society is taking them. This is the time for every Igbo man and woman to pause, re-examine those things they believe in and start making amends.

[/b]
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2009
babapupa:

Why are you guys having sleepless nights over yoruba people and how many times are you gonna repeat the same nonsense?

Your towns and villages are in danger, the Igbo nation is under siege and you dummies are here constantly fixated on yoruba people. It's like you guys see yoruba people in your dreams, they are the people you wanna be. What are they doing to you?

You guys were saying the same backward nonsense and get left behind when yoruba people were building the 1st high rise in Africa, the 1st university in Nigeria, the 1st TV station in Africa, 1st free education program in Africa.

When are you going to start worrying about your own problem, yoruba people are not going to solve your problem.

All that nonsense is not gonna prevent fashola from planting another three, from adding the 3rd igbo man to his cabinet, from building another overhead bridge or ordering tons of BRT buses. You and your people on the other hand have leaders who are doing the opposite, your leaders are looting your resources right in front of you, they are buying mansions in london and sending their kids to private schools in Europe.

I know you guys have this brainwashed system going on and you pass it down to your kids but Yoruba people are the least of your worries, I you guys have better fish to fry right under your noses so why don't you start doing something about evil acts and decays like this in your community and worry less about yoruba people,

[b]
These Kidnappings And The Destruction Of Igbo Nation

Written by Churchill Obinna Okonkwo
Monday, 15 June 2009

In the poem “The Second Coming" published in 1921, William Butler Yeats wrote that “… everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned; the best lack conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.” Kidnapping with passionate intensity is the only way one can describe the present situation in South Eastern Nigeria.

The worst of Ndigbo appears to have arrived and taken control of their lives, redefining their value system, traditional believes, morality, and everything they used to know and cherish. While acknowledging that moral decadence in our society cuts across almost all the ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, the alacrity with which the worst in Ndigbo have pervaded their societies and are now seen as role models calls for a critical examination.

I will use the recent wave of kidnappings in Igbo states to drive home my points. It is no longer news that the risks of kidnapping is now higher in south east Nigeria than in Niger Delta region. The passionate intensity with which some umu afo Igbo (sons of the soil) have taken to the act of kidnapping has left me bewildered. To make a clear distinction between why there is happening in Igbo land and not in the middle belt, northern Nigeria or western Nigeria, you need to try and answer this question; If the act of kidnapping is a reflection of the absence of law and order in Nigeria as a whole, why must it be in Igbo land that it has turned into a money making venture without any other cause or justification other than greed?

What started in Niger Delta as an act of protest against the environmental injustices and struggle over resource control which later deteriorated to acts of vandalism, greed, and money making venture has been hijacked, redefined and perfected by “faceless” vandals in south east Nigeria. The worst amongst Ndigbo are gradually taking over reigns of power and as these vandals drives fear into the poor masses.

Among the south eastern states, Anambra state appears to be the worst. There have been cases where the family of poor hostages who couldn’t afford to pay the huge ransom were snookered into selling plots of family land to raise the money by the kidnappers. There was a case where 20 million Naira was demanded and the captive’s family could only come up with 5 million Naira. And you know what the kidnappers did? The killed their hostage and told the family members where to go pick up the corpse and perform the burial ceremony with the 5 million. Just pause and think of that and the callousness.

It all started with the erosion of the sense of shame, courtesy, right and wrong in the past three decades. Amplified with reorientation of the traditional core values of honesty, integrity, equity, communal social responsibility and replaced by greed to get rich at all cost. Very soon, the people that matters, listened to and worshiped in the societies and villages became people that got rich overnight whose sources of wealth, to say the least are most times questionable.

Thus, Ndigbo had the era of Nnukwu Mmanwus (the big masquerades) and the Otimkpus (the praise singers). Igbu ozu became the yard stick to measure responsibility and acceptance in the society. They had the Otokoto era and the Edie Nogu scandals. Bakassi Boys have come and gone.

The prestigious place of civil servants and teachers in the villages were displaced in a chemical reaction that has cash, cars and greed as catalysts resulting in an unbalanced equation. Men who wanted to belong ebe ife na-eme (where things are happening) fled the civil service and teaching. Those who remained turned their offices and class rooms to business centers.

The 4th republic witnessed the first coming to age of the products of that greedy era. The Nnamanis, Mbadinujus, Kalus, Ubahs, Nzeribes and the likes. These acts of kidnapping is a graduation and marks the second coming of the beasts.

Meanwhile, the innocence has been silenced and drowned in Igbo land. The political beasts have rigged their way into elective offices. The traditional value system has been eroded and replaced by greed. Things have fallen apart and anarchy is gradually staring Ndigbo in the face.

I think it’s time for Ndigbo to re-evaluate their value system. Who do Ndigbo see as their role models? What do they cherish and value? What do parents wish for their children? What do a parent who takes a child out of a secondary school and pay their ways for the child to excel in exams through malpractice expect from that generation in ten years time?

Now back to the act of kidnapping for ransom. What drives this present wave of kidnapping in Igbo land? It is greed to get rich in order to belong to that new class of people that has arrived in the society. What most Ndigbo has forgotten is that greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.

The chieftaincy titles, the knighthood in the churches, the traditional leaderships, the spoke’s person and all the prestigious positions in all facets of Igbo society should size to be exclusive reserve of the rich. A nation that worships wealth they say shall live to destroy itself. Are these acts of kidnapping marking the climax of the destruction of Igbo Nation? Ndigbo should be worried at the directions the moral decadence in their society is taking them. This is the time for every Igbo man and woman to pause, re-examine those things they believe in and start making amends.

[/b]

Are igbos MEND?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by babapupa: 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2009
I was addressing the rant and last paragraph of the poster above me,
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2009
babapupa:

I was addressing the rant and last paragraph of the poster above me,

The last poster(nueman) above you never mentioned that he or she is igbo.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by babapupa: 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2009
I don't think people label their posts with tribal Identifications, that's why we go by our utterances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Osinbajo And APC Governors Land In Kebbi For Policy Synergy Parley (photos) / Buhari Hosts Ooni, Sultan, Others To Iftar (Photos) / ISIS Sneaking Jihadists Into Nigeria From Syria - The Sun UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.