Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,079 members, 7,960,431 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

The Bible Stands - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Stands (13682 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2009
Another crap!
Even right from hunter gatherer period, man has always known that the day is caused by the shining sun and night light by the moon.
It doesn't take a genius to know that when man started counting days or seasons the sun and the moon were known to play important roles.
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2009
Another crap!
Even right from hunter gatherer period, man has always known that the day is caused by the shining sun and night light by the moon.
It doesn't take a genius to know that when man started counting days or seasons the sun and the moon were known to play important roles.
Re: The Bible Stands by mazaje(m): 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

We still use the language sunrise and sunset today, are we literally referring to the movement of the sun?

Another nonsense and disingenuous attempt. . .You delibtately left out the part that says it hurries back to where it rises. Pathetic. . . .

The Bible says:

"He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knows his going down"  -- Psalm 104:19

God created the "lights" in the heavens "for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years" -- Genesis 1:14.  

We can now see and understand through the marvels of astronomy that a year is the time required for the earth to
travel once around the sun.  The seasons are caused by the changing position of the earth in relation to the sun. 

This is what the Worldbook Multimedia Encyclopedia wrote:

"astronomers can tell exactly from the earth's motion around the sun when one season ends and the next one begins."

We also now understand that a "month [is] the time of one revolution of the moon around the earth with respect to the sun"  -- Encyclopedia Britannica

How could Moses have known 3,500 years ago that the "lights" of the sun and moon were the actual determining factors of the year's length, unless his words were inspired by God?

My man Tudor has given you the answers for all these nonsense. . . . . . Does your god endorse astrology?. . . . grin grin grin
Re: The Bible Stands by Maykelly(f): 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

You must be mistaking me with Mallam Olabowale.

not exactly, judas i kn, but u i have always counted u as one of them. anyway cheers! grin
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2009
May kelly:

not exactly, judas i kn, but u i have always counted u as one of them. anyway cheers! grin

What post of mine gave you that impression, do you mind to share it with us?
Re: The Bible Stands by Maykelly(f): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

What post of mine gave you that impression, do you mind to share it with us?

really i can't remember any post that made me think that way - but i still doubt grin i have been always counted u as one of the judas. grin
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2009
May kelly:

really i can't remember any post that made me think that way - but i still doubt grin i have been always counted u as one of the judas. grin

Could it be the stereotype reason of the nigbati name "Ola" that we both share that gave you the wrong impression?
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2009
mazaje:

Another nonsense and disingenuous attempt. . .You delibtately left out the part that says it hurries back to where it rises. Pathetic. . . .

Have you ever come across a figure of speech before?  Anyway, you need a decoder to unlock the meanings of Scripture to you otherwise you will keep tripping over yourself. tongue

mazaje:

My man Tudor has given you the answers for all these nonsense. . . . . . Does your god endorse astrology?. . . . grin grin grin

Am I surprised you guys can't differentiate between astrology and astronomy?  Not at all. embarassed
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Have you ever come across a figure of speech before?  Anyway, you need a decoder to unlock the meanings of Scripture to you otherwise you will keep tripping over yourself. tongue

HA HA HA grin grin grin
where the bible makes a complete mess of itself and makes bizzare scientific claims you goons claim figure of speech. . .why isn't everything else like jesus walking on water or parting the red see all a figure of speech heh?- i laugh! grin grin

Am I surprised you guys can't differentiate between astrology and astronomy?  Not at all.  embarassed
What is this rubbish?
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2009
Check this out:

" . . . Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoices as a strong man to run a race.  His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof." -- Psalm 19:5-6

In speaking of the sun, the psalmist says that "his going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof." 

For many years critics scoffed at these verses, claiming that they taught the old false doctrine of geocentricity (i.e. the sun revolves around the earth).  Scientists thought the sun was stationary.  Then it was discovered in recent years that the sun is in fact moving through space at approximately 600,000 miles per hour.  It is traveling through the heavens and has a "circuit" just as the Bible says.  Its circuit is so large that it would take approximately 200 million years to complete one orbit.

God's law is also like the sun.  On judgment Day it will arise with its burning heat and shine the brilliant light of eternal justice on the dark corners of the human heart.  Nothing will be hidden from its consuming heat.   shocked
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Check this out:

" . . . Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoices as a strong man to run a race.  His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof." -- Psalm 19:5-6

In speaking of the sun, the psalmist says that "his going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof." 

For many years critics scoffed at these verses, claiming that they taught the old false doctrine of geocentricity (i.e. the sun revolves around the earth).  Scientists thought the sun was stationary.  Then it was discovered in recent years that the sun is in fact moving through space at approximately 600,000 miles per hour.  It is traveling through the heavens and has a "circuit" just as the Bible says.  Its circuit is so large that it would take approximately 200 million years to complete one orbit.

God's law is also like the sun.  On judgment Day it will arise with its burning heat and shine the brilliant light of eternal justice on the dark corners of the human heart.  Nothing will be hidden from its consuming heat.   shocked
You people make me laugh.
I have to commend the way the christian apologists glady twist the scriptures to accomodate any recent scientific discovery.
Okay enough laughing, lets debunk some crazy claims:

"his going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it:"

Olaadegbu like the hypocrite he is brought out only "circuits" deluding himself that the bible correctly predicted the "circuit nature" of the movement of the sun.
Lets state it for the record that SCIENCE which olaadegbu shamefully cites as his means of validation states that the earth rotates on it's "circuit" which is around the MILKY WAY galaxy and takes abou 225million years for one cycle.
Now the lying bible goes on to define the so called circuit :"his going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it".
In other words the sun moves from " The begining point of heaven to the ends of it"

Now every slowpoke with a primary six certificate should know that including our galaxy Milky way, billions of other galaxies exist in the so-called heavens. As the sun has been shown by science to revolve around only the milky way which is not even up to 1% of the universe i wonder if king david was smoking marijuana when he wrote that the sun moves from the begining of the heaven all the way to the ends of it. . .
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2009
You need the key to unlock the Scriptures

"It is better to say that creationists read and understand the Bible according to the grammatical-historical approach to Scripture. That is, we understand a biblical passage by taking into account its context, author, readership, literary style, etc. In other words, we read and understand the Bible in a plain or straightforward manner. This is usually what people mean when they say “literal interpretation of the Bible.” This method helps to eliminate improper interpretations of the Bible.

But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God (2 Corinthians 4:2).

All the words of my mouth are with righteousness; nothing crooked or perverse is in them. They are all plain to him who understands, and right to those who find knowledge (Proverbs 8:8–9).

Reading the Bible “plainly” means understanding which passages are written as historical narrative, which are written as poetry, which are written as parable, which are written as prophecy, and so on. The Bible is written in many different literary styles and should be read accordingly. Genesis records actual historical events; it was written as historical narrative, and there is no reason to read it as any other literary style, such as allegory or poetry.

For example, a non-Christian once claimed, “The Bible clearly says ‘there is no God’ in Psalms 14:1.” However, this verse in context says:

The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none who does good (Psalm 14:1).

The context helps determine the proper interpretation—that a fool claims there is no God.

Someone else claimed, “To interpret the days in Genesis, you need to read 2 Peter 3:8, which indicates the days are each a thousand years.” Many people try to use this passage to support the idea that the earth is millions or billions of years old, but let’s read it in context:

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:8–9).

This passage employs a literary device called a simile. Here, God compares a day to a thousand years in order to make the point that time doesn’t bind Him, in this case specifically regarding His patience. God is eternal and is not limited to the time He created.

Also, this verse does not reference the days in Genesis, so it is not warranted to apply this to the length of the days in Genesis 1. When read plainly, these verses indicate that God is patient when keeping His promises. The gentleman that spoke to me had preconceived beliefs based on man’s ideas that the earth was millions of years old. Those beliefs led him to this strange interpretation as opposed to using the historical-grammatical method.

So, biblical Christians read the Bible plainly, or straightforwardly, and in context. Accordingly, we learn from what God says and means, and we don’t apply strange literalistic (in the strict sense) meanings on metaphorical or allegorical passages, and vice versa."

www.answersingenesis.org/go/literal

This will be of no use until you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and only after then that the Holy Spirit can be asked to illuminate your eyes.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2009
The prophet Isaiah also tells us that the earth is round:

"It is He that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). 

This is not a reference to a flat disk, as some skeptics maintain, but to a sphere.  Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later.  At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, it was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world.

"It was the Lord who put it into my mind . . . I could feel His hand upon me . . . There is no question the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit because He comforted me with rays of marvelous illumination from the Holy Scriptures. . . No one should fear to undertake any task in the name of our Saviour if it is just and if the intention is purely for His holy service.  The gospel must still be preached to so many lands in such a short time.  This is what convinces me."  -- Christopher Columbus (from his diary, in reference to his discovery of "the New World"wink.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding." -- Proverbs 3:6
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2009
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. -- Matthew 7:6

I have come to realise this very truth on this thread, that I should not force the truth upon rebels who have no room for it and thereby reject it, and that I should not give holy things to fault-finders, mote-hunters or evil speakers as they will only turn again and rend themselves, not me.  kiss
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2009
God Gave Them Up
August 9, 2009

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient." (Romans 1:28)

This is a terrifying verse, climaxing the awful indictment (in Romans 1:18-32) of God against a world in rebellion against its maker. This burning passage begins with Paul's declaration that God's wrath has been revealed against all those who "hold the truth"--[/i]or, more explicitly, [i]"hold down or suppress the truth" in unrighteousness.

Then, in a rising crescendo of testimonies of wickedness and resulting condemnation, one fearful clause appears no less than three times: "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts. . . . For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections. . . . God gave them over to a reprobate mind" (vv. 24, 26, 28).

As terrible as such judgments seem, the provocations were infinitely worse. They "changed the glory of the uncorruptible God" into idols depicting His creatures (v. 23). They "changed the truth of God into a lie" and rejected Him as Creator (v. 25). They subjected Him to critical philosophical scrutiny, and chose not "to retain God in their knowledge" at all (implied in the Greek "did not like"wink (v. 28). Thus it was that our God of all grace finally had to give them up!

But the frightening thing is that this dark scene describes more than ancient paganism. Every verse is also a precise indictment of this present, evil "post-Christian" world, as we almost seem to be reading therein a documentary of the present age. What a picture it draws of modern evolutionary humanism in practice!

Yet the apostle Paul was still preparing to go to Rome, "not ashamed of the gospel of Christ," for that gospel was then--and still is[i]--"the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"[/i] (Romans 1:16). HMM
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2009
So are we supposed to be trembling with fear or what?
Re: The Bible Stands by noetic2: 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2009
Tudór:

not really. . . . .just that u know that unless u repent. . .u are condemned lipsrsealed shocked
Re: The Bible Stands by Abuzola(m): 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2009
Repent ? How many born again christian engage in fornication, almost everyday here in lagos if Punch did not publish 'A married Pastor died on another man's wife it will be the sun newspaper or pastor caught with another man's wife in a hotel' keep deceiving yourself
Re: The Bible Stands by noetic2: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2009
Abuzola:

Repent ? How many born again christian engage in fornication, almost everyday here in lagos if Punch did not publish 'A married Pastor died on another man's wife it will be the sun newspaper or pastor caught with another man's wife in a hotel' keep deceiving yourself

and ur point is?. . . .
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41am On Aug 10, 2009
Tudór:

Just as neotic said, your only chance of escape is for you to repent.  That is why Paul said that he was not ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it is the Power of God unto salvation to those who believe.   Conscientiously go through the questions on this link and find out why you need to repent and how.

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48am On Aug 10, 2009
Abuzola:

You will be accountable to God just as those who claim to be born again but are not showing the fruits of it.  Anyone who is born of God does not commit sin because the seed of God abides in them.  Learn what it means to be born again, which can only be obtained by the incorruptible Word of God.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

The vital doctrine of regeneration has been applicable in all ages, for man by nature is a lost sinner and must be spiritually reborn through faith in God and His promises to be saved.  This truth appears in the Old Testament, for example, in David's prayer: "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10).

It is emphasised more clearly and explicitly in the New Testament.  "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour" (Titus 3:5-6).  "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (1 Peter 1:23).

Note that this spiritual birth is produced only through the eternal Word of God.  "According to his abundant mercy," the Lord "hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you" (1 Peter 1:3-4).

To be raised from spiritual death in sin to eternal life in Christ is a true miracle, as much so as the physical resurrection of Christ Himself, or even as the very creation of the world.  "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:6).

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new |creation|: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17). HMM
Re: The Bible Stands by FowardEast(f): 8:05am On Aug 10, 2009
Eventually people will see.
Re: The Bible Stands by Maykelly(f): 11:46am On Aug 10, 2009
nothing like it in the whole world - Holy Bible - Book of inspiration! Real WORD of God -Almighty Jehovah.
Re: The Bible Stands by UyiIredia(m): 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2009
yep !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04am On Aug 15, 2009
[flash=600,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJMbk9dtpdY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=[/flash]

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513&sp=1

Click on the link above and see the moving story of a father and his son which depicts the sacrifice, pain and relationship God our Father has with us His adopted children.  I know my redeemer liveth.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:02am On Aug 15, 2009
[flash=600,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9OazsRfTVQ&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=c7d9831470f883b65e3d

Listen to the lyrics of the music played and you will appreciate the reasons we have Christians today -- the Resurrection of Christ.
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2009
The 'Two' Books of Isaiah

"Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortable to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD's hand double for all her sins." (Isaiah 40:1-2)

These two verses introduce the so-called book of "Deutero-Isaiah," which biblical critics (who deny that prophecy can be fulfilled) claim was written by a second Isaiah simply because it contains prophetic claims which have come to pass.  The Lord Jesus, however, quoted more than once from both "divisions" of Isaiah, attributing both of them to the same inspired author, and He surely knew more about their true authorship than do modern liberals!

Actually, however, the two divisions of Isaiah are quite distinctive in their respective vocabularies, simply because their respective themes are different.  In fact, the chapter structure of the two divisions is quite remarkable, possibly even providential.  The first book (chapters 1-39) contains the same number of chapters as the Old Testament has books.  The second book (chapters 40-66) contains 27 chapters, the same as the number of books in the New Testament.  The New Testament portion begins with John the Baptist (Isaiah 40:1-5), just as the New Testament itself does, and ends with the new heavens and the new earth (Isaiah 65 and 66; compare Revelation 21 and 22).

The central chapter in the New Testament part of Isaiah is Isaiah 53, which contains the clearest and fullest exposition of the substitutionary death of Christ for our sins to be found anywhere in the Bible.  And the central verse of this chapter (which actually should begin at Isaiah 52:13) is: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed" (Isaiah 53:5). HMM
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2009
"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." (Genesis 2:17)

In this age of science, it is well to remember that the basic meaning of "science" (Latin, scientia) is "knowledge." Thus, it is instructive to substitute "science" whenever the word "knowledge" is used in Scripture. For example: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of science" (Proverbs 1:7).

It is significant that the first mention of knowledge in the Bible is in connection with the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" (Genesis 2:9). God warned Adam not to partake of that which would become in him "the science of good and evil" (Genesis 2:17). Adam already was familiar with good science, because everything God had made was "very good" (Genesis 1:31). But Satan tempted Eve with the humanistic lie that "ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:5), and ever since, "science" has been both good and evil. Real science, properly applied, is good and beneficial to mankind, but "science falsely so called" (1 Timothy 6:20)--that is, pseudo-sciences, such as evolution and the humanistic social sciences--is both useless and harmful.

There are many references to knowledge in the Bible, and it is good to remember that in Christ "are hid all the treasures of wisdom and science" (Colossians 2:3). And it is very significant that the last mention of knowledge, or science, in the Bible is in the last verse written by the apostle Peter before his martyrdom: "But grow in grace, and in the science of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18).

One can be ever so learned in all the sciences and the various intellectual disciplines of mankind, but if he does not know the Lord Jesus Christ, he has failed in the one science that yields everlasting life. He has eaten of the tree of science but has ignored the tree of life. HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/tree-science/
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2009
Inerrancy According to Christ

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." (Matthew 5:18)

Here is the commentary of the Lord Jesus on the doctrine of plenary verbal inspiration. Not only were the words of the Bible divinely inspired, but even the very letters! The "jot" was the smallest letter of the Hebrew alphabet (yod, the tenth letter). The[i] "tittle"[/i] was a small horn-like appendage which transformed one Hebrew letter into another. Thus, a stronger statement of absolute verbal inspiration than this could hardly be imagined.

Further, the phrase "in no wise" is actually a double negative in Greek. In New Testament Greek it was used for strong emphasis. According to none other than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, every word--even every letter--of the "law" must be fulfilled. This certainly includes the books of the Pentateuch--including even the often-maligned and distorted opening chapters of Genesis!

He applied the same principle to other parts of Scripture as well. "The scripture cannot be broken," He said (John 10:35) in the course of an exposition of Psalm 82:6, based on one single word used in the verse, supporting the vital doctrine of His own deity.

It is clear that Christ taught the doctrine of full, verbal inspiration of the Holy Scriptures. It is sad and inexcusable that so many today who call themselves Christians repudiate this vital teaching of the Lord Jesus by rejecting, diluting, or "interpreting" the plain statements of the Word of God. And, lest anyone equivocate by suggesting that, since the original writings have all been lost, we no longer can know what the divinely given words may have been, we should remember Christ's promise: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35). HMM
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:26am On Aug 17, 2009
The Reliability of Nature
August 17, 2009

"While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." (Genesis 8:22)

We are so accustomed to the regularity of the seasons and the various time-constants of nature (e.g., the length of the day and the year), we rarely stop to think how important all this is. When the sun goes down each evening, we are not disturbed, because we know it will rise the next morning; when winter settles over the hemisphere, we are confident that the spring will return in due time.

But if it were not so, life would soon become extremely difficult. Science and technology, which are based on the assumption that like causes produce like effects, would be impossible. These basic physical constants (the earth's rotation controlling the length of the day, the earth's orbit controlling the year, and the earth's axial inclination controlling the seasons), in turn, control most other physical and biological processes on the earth. Scientists, however, have no explanation as to why these constants are what they are. There is no better answer than that they are gifts of God's grace.

As a matter of fact, this present uniformity of nature dates only from the end of the great Noahic Flood, which marked a tremendous discontinuity in the processes of nature as they had functioned previously. God's promise to Noah of post-Flood continuity, as summarized in the words of our text, has been kept faithfully now for over 4,000 years.

All of God's wonderful creation gives a daily testimony to His faithfulness: "The living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein: . . . left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness" (Acts 14:15, 17), and we should thank Him for it! HMM
Re: The Bible Stands by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2009
The middle of the Bible

Psalm 118 is the middle chapter of the entire Bible. 
Psalm 117 is the shortest chapter in the Bible. 
Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible. 
The Scriptures have 594 chapters before Psalm 118 and 594 chapters after Psalm 118
If you add up all the chapters except Psalm 118, you get a total of 1188 chapters.  Psalm 118:8 is the middle verse of the entire Bible. 

It goes without saying that the central verse has an important message:

"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man." -- Psalm 118:8
Re: The Bible Stands by Tudor6(f): 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2009
Which bible are you talking about?
I hope you added the apochrypa books coz as far as the bible is concerend 88 books exist and not 66.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

500 Billion Pounds Questions For Christians / Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.