Stats: 3,189,234 members, 7,936,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:43 PM

Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. (20555 Views)

Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 / Ese's Abductor, Yunusa Dahiru Handcuffed In Court Today / My Son Was Oruru’s Domestic Help For 10 Years – Yunusa’s Father (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by olafum1(m): 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
bittertruthz:

Yunusa should face justice but i dont fight for a girl that started ffucking at the age of 11+. And i can never support a mother that knows her daughter is ffcuking at the age of 12 and cool with it.

They all lack morals. Yanusa, Ese and both families are guilty and lack morals.

See how unreasonable you are..

1. Where u the one that started fuc*ing her at 11?
2. Or can u know of a 12yr old girl in ur vicinity there Bleep*ing at 12, and ur senses won't tell u to report to those concerned? or how the hell did u come about her mother knowing she is fucking at 12 and was cool with it?
3. In your right senses, if someone had told u that lie, you should have debunked it, or how should we justify that you spit out trash that a mother will be cool with her 12yr kid in illicit affair, even with a detestable goro-chewers?

4. Something must be wrong wit u. Next time, get ur facts right before talking. at least reason if she is ur daughter, will u spilt this trash? Anyway, that's if ur poverty has not made u give her out for marriage at 7...

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by musicwriter(m): 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
Jailing this guy would be a good lesson to his brothers to be patient enough to wait for their virgins in paradise. I have no idea why someone who have an option to receive free 70 virgins forever for living a good life, would want it so quick here on earth losing the 70 in the process. This's being penny-wise pound foolish. Why not just wait till you get to paradise!.
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by Monalisa185(f): 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
flokii:

nah... m not

you know what you did.. d smileys jst there as cover-up

I know you're a smartass.. just let it go

lol.... what did I do? anyways...I'll let it go... buh I'm glad you recognize a smartass when you see onecheesygrin
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by bittertruthz: 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
olafum1:

See how unreasonable you are..

1. Where u the one that started fuc*ing her at 11?
2. Or can u know of a 12yr old girl in ur vicinity there Bleep*ing at 12, and ur senses won't tell u to report to those concerned? or how the hell did u come about her mother knowing she is fucking at 12 and was cool with it?
3. In your right senses, if someone had told u that lie, you should have debunked it, or how should we justify that you spit out trash that a mother will be cool with her 12yr kid in illicit affair, even with a detestable goro-chewers?

4. Something must be wrong wit u. Next time, get ur facts right before talking. at least reason if she is ur daughter, will u spilt this trash? Anyway, that's if ur poverty has not made u give her out for marriage at 7...

You are not following the story. you just want to insult yourself not me.

Yanusa said ESE mother is aware of their romance.
Another news report that the boy work for the family.
ESE mother said it openly that the boy come to eat from her restaurant.

They know themselves very well. you just here f00ling yourself...............The bad news is that it backfired because they turned blind eye at the beginning and allowed their so called under age to practice s3x at 12+ .
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
The guy is not 18 years.... he is lying and trying to use "romeo and juliet" clause.
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by 4nobody4every1: 2:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
Dakad:
In as much that I'm totally against the action of this guy, I'm still of the opinion that it's more of two young people falling in love than the abduction. Most of our adolescent girls are very naive and don't think of the consequences of their actions especially when the claim they are in love. The only criminal offence here is forceful conversion to Islam. We see this stupid action of the adolescent girls here and there. That's why I keep encouraging parents to be closer to their adolescents
[/s].

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by kumakunta: 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
Dakad:
In as much that I'm totally against the action of this guy, I'm still of the opinion that it's more of two young people falling in love than the abduction. Most of our adolescent girls are very naive and don't think of the consequences of their actions especially when the claim they are in love. The only criminal offence here is forceful conversion to Islam. We see this stupid action of the adolescent girls here and there. That's why I keep encouraging parents to be closer to their adolescents
You don't even know how to hide your religious bigotry.
If you believe the girl actually eloped with yunusa and not abducted,what makes it difficult for you to also believe she willingly converted to Islam just because she's stupidly inlove? Or which one is more easier to decide on,to elope with someone you love to far away Kano,or to convert to his religion.
You just a silly religious Bigot

You share the same criminal brain with Yunusa.

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by 4nobody4every1: 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
drss:

-a minor in jss3 skooling in bayelsa.
-taken to kano.
-held captive in emir house n out of skool since last year.
-forcefully converted to islam.
-repeatedly sexually assaulted n impregnated, n u ar here saying its just a case of two lovers eloping together how did d little girl end up in emirs house n not yunusa's little hut by d time dis same ting happen to ur daughter ur eye go clear.
Well said

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by olafum1(m): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
bittertruthz:

You are not following the story. you just want to insult yourself not me.

Yanusa said ESE mother is aware of their romance.
Another news report that the boy work for the family.
ESE mother said it openly that the boy come to eat from her restaurant.

They know themselves very well. you just here f00ling yourself...............The bad news is that it backfired because they turned blind eye at the beginning and allowed their so called under age to practice s3x at 12+ .

Pooo, I only see u failing to look at the reality in the statements you posted.

1. Ever wondered why these polithieves always plead not guilty in the court even though their thievery is glaring? Or how else would u justify believing that 'Yanusa said ESE mother is aware of their romance'? It may not sound absurd to you because of whatever environment or religion u belong to, but down here in the south, we do not allow or give our children out to romance at such an early age, rather they go to school... Better still u can explain why child marriage is prevalent in the north there.

2. he work for the family, while he was driving his keke in Bayelsa ko? Ok, he works for the family gives her the licence to kidnap the lad, or the family connive with him to kidnap their daughter to smear islam? try to apply some small sense nah before typing..

3. Yes, he came to eat there as well as many others. So what point does that proves?

The point is, in order for u to back the evils contained in ur religion and those who choose to follow them (as i believed there are few ones who had chosen not to follow the evil path), you loose ur humanity as well as your reasoning. You guys shouts it loud all the time that @Islam is Peace' just kindly tell me why we don't have extremely peaceful people out of those practicing it but 'Jihadist' and Extremist bent on destroying lives and properties to ensure the whole world follows the religion..

Check ur convictions bro. Tomorrow may be too late

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by carinmom(f): 2:48pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
Where is carinmom who turned the truth upside down to protect Yunusa out of religious sentiments
If you think that my position is to absolve Yunusa of all blames then you need to go back to school. Up to this moment as my fingers are typing this i still maintain that Islam has nothing to do with Yunusa's crimes. Hold Yunusa responsible for his crimes and leave Islam out of it.

Do you even know that if he were to be tried in a sharia court he would be punished for fornication

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by Remii(m): 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
ShakurM:
With my koro koro eyes and ears, I watched and listened to him yesterday's night on the news while the press men were questioning him, He said the mother knew he was taking Ese with him but the father had no idea.

He also said he was responsible for impregnating Ese but he didn't know how long she had been pregnant that it was the Police who said it's 5months, he maintained that he was responsible but he didn't know how long she had been pregnant.
lol, women always know first in any affair, I hope they protect the interest of that Ese girl and her unborn child in all these. Since pregnancy don enter, if they no kill the baby, they are now in-laws for ever, yinusa will never forget how his in-laws treated him
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by miomio(f): 3:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
ShakurM:
With my koro koro eyes and ears, I watched and listened to him yesterday's night on the news while the press men were questioning him, He said the mother knew he was taking Ese with him but the father had no idea.

He also said he was responsible for impregnating Ese but he didn't know how long she had been pregnant that it was the Police who said it's 5months, he maintained that he was responsible but he didn't know how long she had been pregnant.

so what exactly is ur point?? after watching him with ur koro koro eyes n ears ur mind did not tell u he can lie to wriggle out of d mess he has landed himself
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by olafum1(m): 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
carinmom:

If you think that my position is to absolve Yunusa of all blames then you need to go back to school. Up to this moment as my fingers are typing this i still maintain that Islam has nothing to do with Yunusa's crimes. Hold Yunusa responsible for his crimes and leave Islam out of it.

Do you even know that if he were to be tried in a sharia court he would be punished for fornication

Dear, u mean the same Sharia court that approved the marriage in the first place and even denied the mother from seeing her child?
let's stop distorting fact... Look at it from the top: Prophet Mohammed (SAW) married an underage himself, Senator yerima of Nigeria did and attempts to stop him then was considered as anti-islam, One Prof. Akintola as come up to say no age restriction to marriage in Islam.

So, pls just reason it well. If u r really sure that islam can be distanced from Yunusa's act?
Because ur attempt to distance Islam from Yunusa's is synonymous to distancing Islam form Jihadists/terrorists, which I still keep asking, why are we not seeing EXTREMELY PEACEFUL PEOPLE IN ISLAM instead of EXTREMIST OF LIFE AND PROPERTY DESTRUCTION, if really ISALM IS PEACE??

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by keus: 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by hamingra: 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
Dakad:

You are very wrong. He committed 2 criminal acts. The first is statutory rape and the second is kidnapping. He must face the full weight of the law. As a Muslim he must also face the Sharia law for fornication, rape and kidnapping. We Muslims must be just even if it's against ourselves. Yunusa is wrong no matter how you look at it.

This should serve as a lesson to men who can't differentiate between likeness and lust. A child is a child, be her 1 month old or 17 years old.
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by jascon1(m): 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
Am baffled that you keep breathing after ur comment. Is a shame ppl like you are granted liberty. You don't belong to a sane society at all. inmates are dialing your number and am sure it will ring soon.
Dakad:
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by mapet: 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
drss:

-taken to kano.
-repeatedly sexually assaulted n impregnated, n u ar here saying its just a case of two lovers eloping together how did d little girl end up in emirs house n not yunusa's little hut by d time dis same ting happen to ur daughter ur eye go clear.

Tell outright lies will serve you no purpose
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by mapet: 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
bittertruthz:

Yunusa should face justice but i dont fight for a girl that started ffucking at the age of 11+. And i can never support a mother that knows her daughter is ffcuking at the age of 12 and cool with it.

They all lack morals. Yanusa, Ese and both families are guilty and lack morals.

This is the moral dilemma. If it is true that the mother knows about the affair, it will be very unfortunate
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by Hausa(m): 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
I've got a feeling she might be more than 14. > anyone thinking alike here?
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by jascon1(m): 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
Thanks bro for slaying that evil man. Moreover, I was having this discussion with a mate earlier this week. I thought Muslims should stand against imposters like Yunusa who drag their religion to the mud. Knowing that there are nice and sincere people who are muslims i find it very disgraceful to note that Muslims are called all sort of names like terrorists, adductors and suicide bombers. There should be an internal cleansing and public refutation cos' you guys cannot just watch these few sects make a mess of your religion.
In addition to the criminal act committed by Yunusa, forceful conversion to Islam which breaches her civil rights
hamingra:

You are very wrong. He committed 2 criminal acts. The first is statutory rape and the second is kidnapping. He must face the full weight of the law. As a Muslim he must also face the Sharia law for fornication, rape and kidnapping. We Muslims must be just even if it's against ourselves. Yunusa is wrong no matter how you look at it.

This should serve as a lesson to men who can't differentiate between likeness and lust. A child is a child, be her 1 month old or 17 years old.
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by Obiwiz(m): 4:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
Still the usual suspects. Why on earth shld a reasonable and responsible parent let diz people get close to dia loved ones? Dat amounts to criminal negligence and recklessness. Wetin aboki wan find cum near my pikin na? Greeting sef is nt allowed

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by kingdenny(m): 5:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
Dakad:

"Two young people falling in love " i lack words to definé your level of foolishness and stipidity. Your brains are just décorations in your head

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by carinmom(f): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
olafum1:

Dear, u mean the same Sharia court that approved the marriage in the first place and even denied the mother from seeing her child?
let's stop distorting fact... Look at it from the top: Prophet Mohammed (SAW) married an underage himself, Senator yerima of Nigeria did and attempts to stop him then was considered as anti-islam, One Prof. Akintola as come up to say no age restriction to marriage in Islam.

So, pls just reason it well. If u r really sure that islam can be distanced from Yunusa's act?
Because ur attempt to distance Islam from Yunusa's is synonymous to distancing Islam form Jihadists/terrorists, which I still keep asking, why are we not seeing EXTREMELY PEACEFUL PEOPLE IN ISLAM instead of EXTREMIST OF LIFE AND PROPERTY DESTRUCTION, if really ISALM IS PEACE??

You've already programmed your mind to believe that Islam is synonymous with violence, so i don't see any point arguing with you undecided
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
drss:

-taken to kano.

The Yunusa/Ese saga and media hypocrisy

By Mohammed Haruna | Publish Date: Mar 9 2016 5:00AM
(0 Likes)

I may be wrong, but I can’t remember any story that has attracted such wide and intense newspaper coverage in the last five years or so as the so-called abduction of an underage Ese Oruru (14) from her native Bayelsa State by a teenage Yunusa Dahiru (18) to his native Kano State.  Going through the country’s top seven newspapers - The Punch, Thisday, The Nation, Sun, Daily Trust, Vanguard and The Guardian, not necessarily in that order - I recorded no less than 70 pages of news, comments, interviews and editorials on the story between February 28 and last Monday.
Not even the marriage of a not-so-young Senator Ahmed Sani, former Governor of Zamfara State and the pioneer of penal Sharia in the country, to an under-age Egyptian girl in Abuja over five years ago, indeed, not even the globally condemned abduction of over 100 girls from Chibok, Borno State, over a year ago, allegedly by Boko Haram insurgents, has attracted this quantity of newspaper coverage.

Unfortunately, as is invariably the case anytime we allow sentiments and mischief to get the better of our reasoning, the quantity of the newspaper coverage of the story couldn’t have stood in sharper contrast to its abysmal quality.
Last Monday our Literature Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, and radical lawyer and Senior Advocate, Femi Falana, addressed a joint press conference on the story, apparently with the intention of to replacing the intense heat the media have generated by their awful coverage with much needed light. Both of them emphatically condemned attempts to characterize the issue as essentially religious. “The attempt to bring religion into the matter,” one newspaper quoted Falana as saying, “is sheer hypocrisy.”
Soyinka was even more categorical and specific. “Let’s take religion out of this,” The Nation (March 7), said he said. “We are talking about pure criminality and it is my demand, and will always remain my demand, that unless you make an example of people like (Senator Ahmed Sani) Yarima, there would be thousands of Yunusa, the man who abducted Ese.”
One couldn’t agree more with both Soyinka and Falana. Indeed one can go even further to say the two should have added the attempts to tribalize and regionalize the story while condemning the attempts to drag religion into it. However, while I completely agree with them that we should keep religion out of the matter, I must say it seems to me both of them have the wrong culprits in mind.
In condemning the attempt at bringing religion into the matter, both of them specifically named Ishaq Akintola as their chief villain. “People like Akintola,” Falana said during the press conference in question, “are playing on the intelligence of the poor.”
Akintola is a professor of Islamic Eschatology and Director of Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), a Lagos based civil society organization. In an interview in Sunday PUNCH (March 6), the professor had said Islam has no age barrier for marriage, implying support of the claim that Yunusa forcibly married Ese. “Non-Muslims,” he said, “should keep off Muslim affairs.”
It is true that in Islam, as Akintola said, there is no age barrier in marriage. But I am sure the professor would be the first to agree with me that in a multi-religious and multi-ethnic country like Nigeria, it is difficult, if not impossible, not to mind your neighbour’s business. As he himself admitted, not all marriages in Nigeria are between two persons of the same faith. Even if his claim that only 0.1% of Muslims marry outside their faith is true - and I suspect it is grossly exaggerated - he would, I am sure, be the first to agree with me that the rights of the 0.1% non-Muslims they marry deserve protection.
Even then I believe it is grossly unfair to accuse Akintola of bringing religion into the Yunusa/Ese controversy. On the contrary a complete reading of his Sunday PUNCH interview shows he was totally against doing so. When the episode first broke out, MURIC, as he pointed out, issued a statement that Yunusa should be arrested and prosecuted for abduction because Ese was a minor and a Christian who required her parent’s consent, a condition Sharia says must be met for a marriage to a minor to be valid.
In any case, the fact, as Akintola pointed out, was that no one in authority in Kano, not the Shari’a Council, not the Emir, not the putative groom’s father, nor others some newspapers have accused of forcing Ese to marry Yunusa, agreed to his request. On the contrary, they all did their bits to see Ese returned home to her parents, something the newspapers would not want to acknowledge because doing so would take the sensationalism out of their stories.
So instead of attacking Akintola for pointing out the fact that Islam has no age barrier for marriage, Soyinka and Falana should be blaming the prominent politicians (for example, Senator Ben Murray Bruce), the Christian clergy (for example, Reverend Musa Asake, the Secretary-General of Christian Association of Nigeria) and sections of the media   that framed the issue as one of a Muslim man stealing a Christian girl and forcing her to change her religion to marry her, instead of looking at it as the criminal matter that it is.
Probably the chief villain among newspapers in their clearly biased reporting was PUNCH. “Kano Man,” it trumpeted in the sensational headline of its lead story on February 28, “abducts 14-year old Bayelsa girl, forcefully marries her”! Not only did the newspaper, like many others, convict Yunusa of abduction even before he has had his day in court, they have all echoed the lie that he forced her into marriage when no such thing ever took place.
It is apparent that what we have here is a case of one standard for Muslims and another for none Muslims. And as if to expose the hypocrisy of those who first dressed the Yunusa/Ese case in religious and ethnic garbs, about the very day Ese was finally united with her parents, a daring gang of young men invaded a girl seminary in Lagos and allegedly abducted three girls. You would search all the newspapers in vain to know the religious, ethnic or regional identities of the gang members.
Long before this case there was that of the daring kidnapping of the wife of Steve Nwosu, the Deputy Managing Director of Sun and one of its ace columnists, from his Lagos residence last year. Throughout their wide coverage of the episode, there was not a single word about the religion, region or ethnicity of the suspects. It is not surprising then that his column of March 2 is, at least in my opinion, one of the most sensible things anyone has written about the Yunusa/Ese case, even though I did not completely agree with it.
“No body,” he said halfway through his article, “should go thinking that this malaise is an Islam thing alone. It is not! Many Christian clerics are also into it.”
The biased framing of the Yunusa/Ese story  by newspapers implied by Nwosu’s accurate observation is not the only worrisome aspect of it. Equally worrisome is the attempt by the newspapers to paint a pattern of Muslims abducting little Christian girls and forcing them into marriage by dredging up cases of such abductions where none existed.
In its lead story on page 5 of its March 7 edition, for example, The Guardian said a “15-year old Benue girl, Patience Paul, who was abducted since last year and taken to Sokoto, has re-united with her family after the intervention of Governor Aminu Tambuwal and other security agencies.”
Reading this story you will never know that Patience and her parents have been resident in Sokoto for years instead of in their native Benue State. You will also never know that when she wanted to convert to Islam under the influence of a Muslim girl friend, and because she said she was a victim of child abuse at home, the religious authorities in Sokoto refused to oblige her because they said she did not have her parent’s consent.
Instead some of the newspapers went as far as to recklessly accuse the urbane Sultan of Sokoto and head of Nigerian Muslims, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, of hiding her in his palace.
Soyinka and Falana are right to condemn any attempt to bring religion into the Yunusa/Ese saga. But they are wrong to accuse only one side of doing so.
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by Nbote(m): 7:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
tubouncen:

Bro don't get me wrong ooo... I ain't referring to lawyers and judges... I'm referring to nairalander/commenters and i'm not sympathizing with him

I understand what what u're trying to say but in d context u have used it simply implies dat u are somewhat indifferent. People are airing their opinions irrespective of whether dey are saints or not because a spade has to be called a spade. What is wrong is wrong and should be seen as such.
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by seguntijan(m): 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
THE ISLAMAPHOBIC MEDIA (1)
It is against the letter and spirit of Islam to be despondent. The current horrible tide of Islamaphobia and biasness of the media are not new. But we should remember that it is in the very nature of falsehood to vaporize when truth takes its true shape. The very weapons of Islamaphobia shall once again become its tools for returning souls to Allah.
Were pastor Akanji Oluwaseun, Emmanuel and their accomplice who abducted schoolgirls in Ikorodu Muslims, what do you think the headlines will be by now? ‘Boko Haram shifts base to South West’, ‘Muslims Kidnappers at it again’, ‘Ikorodu girls kidnapped by Muslim terrorists’, ‘new tactics of the Muslim terrorist’; etc. Already we have been told he is a fake pastor. Perhaps, we will be properly guided if we can have the list of all fake pastors so that when they kidnap or kill next time, we will not be surprise! Thank God, they are not Muslims.
When one pastor, in Osun state, organized members to attack a church in the regalia of Muslims, he said it was a drama, it went into cooler. When one Christian law student in UI entered the mosque on a Friday to shout Jesus while the faithful were praying it went into the cooler; when a Christian principal flogged a Junior girl 43 strokes, no media deem it fit to give it coverage because it is a Muslim girl!
You will not see any Muslim attacking or attributing the actions of Reverend King, the molester and murderer, who even killed a member of his church to Christianity. There are several other cases by some so called-pastors raping, embezzling, do we say Christianity sends them? No, it is their human propensity that must be condemned by all human beings.
Muslims hate no one as we all have right to our religion by law. But why can’t our so-called counterparts allow peace to reign. When Sani Yerima married one young lady, it was the talk of the town, there are thousands of such happenings where no media is turning search light; when Sanusi Lamido married too it was the talk of the town.
But history has it that King Richard II (1400 AD) married a 7yr old girl, Henry VIII (1500 AD) married a 6yr old, the Catholic Encyclopedia says” Mary the mother of Jesus was 12 when she married 99 old Joseph”; and the Bible says “but save for yourselves every GIRL who has never slept with a man” (Numbers 31:17-18); examples abound but a seasoned historian simply knows that many socio-climatic factors determine marriages across climes and times.
What makes Ese/Yunusa’s case so special? How many of the so-called religionists are its true adherents? A lot of such happen all the time but makes no headlines but because for whatever reason he is a Kano Muslim boy from the Sanusi Lamido’s enclave, the news must go sensational. I ask what exactly is the national gain in hypocritically blowing the issue out of proportion. Thank God, the Muslim scholars have spoken on the issue. It is clearly one of those media manipulations. I am very sure if the boy is from the Eastern or western part, it may not make any news.
One who lives in a glass house should not throw stone at others. A lot of terrible and criminal acts and rituals are being perpetrated by some so-called pastors or church leaders, locally and internationally, we hear, we read, we see on YouTube. People forget that the greatest gift of the global village is information. We read about breast sucking and ritual pastors, etc, and our media are either silent or explain it away as ‘fake pastors, devilish man of God’, etc.
President Buhari’s trip to Saudi Arabia and even entering the Kabah is tilted to mean that he wants to Islamise Nigeria; whereas former president Jonathan’s several trips to Israel was a prayer for the country and no any Christian coloration was attached. Students of history know the strategic divisive role Israel plays in the world; the arms deal during Jonathan cum those involved was never linked with Christianity; were it to happen during Buhari, the media would have captioned as ” Buhari prepares for Jihad buying armament..”.
Let us always treat issues based on their context and condemn evil no matter the perpetrator whether Imam or Reverend, Pope or Sultan, evil is evil, we should make our thorough investigation and research and should not tilt towards injustice. I am afraid that in the near future, if there are no sanctions on this kind of bias reporting, the media may plunge this nation into ethno-religious war. No nation goes into such and come back to normalcy easily.
These attacks, biases will breed nothing but widening of gaps of intolerance. The tide is already changing. An instance is how youths have engaged the Lagos state government on the issue of Hijaab even to the level of Appeal court. These coming youths are more informed and aware of how their fathers suffered in the hands of Christian missionaries when they had to change their names from Rasheed to Richard as an example. Some of them attended public schools where enmity against Islam is not hidden.
It is really high time Muslims returned and lived by the ideals of Islam. They should be consistent in their practice of Islam. The well-to-do and the few politicians should know that Allah will take them to account in the hereafter. One of the greatest services our rich men can render to Islam in the modern times is to invest more on media to enlighten and counter attacks on Islam. Let our Ramadan media patronage be around the year. There may perhaps be the need to boycott media platforms that are acrimonious to Islam.

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by olafum1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
carinmom:

You've already programmed your mind to believe that Islam is synonymous with violence, so i don't see any point arguing with you undecided

It wasn't a waste of time for me to lay out my points to you anyway, because I expect you to rethink and recheck your convictions if actually you are humanly.

For u to reply my points, especially my questions wouldn't have been an argument but rather a result of the soul searching you have done on yourself. Or maybe your answers to my questions, you have observed won't be convincing enough because your prejudice.

The most important thing, either you choose to reply me or join others who hide away from the truth; Is that u should rethink, recheck, reevaluate and ask questions if really Islam is the way?

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by olafum1(m): 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
jascon1:
Thanks bro for slaying that evil man. Moreover, I was having this discussion with a mate earlier this week. I thought Muslims should stand against imposters like Yunusa who drag their religion to the mud. Knowing that there are nice and sincere people who are muslims i find it very disgraceful to note that Muslims are called all sort of names like terrorists, adductors and suicide bombers. There should be an internal cleansing and public refutation cos' you guys cannot just watch these few sects make a mess of your religion.
In addition to the criminal act committed by Yunusa, forceful conversion to Islam which breaches her civil rights

Why don't you ask your friend why the Sharia council approve the marriage and shielded the mother from seeing her daughter when she was in Kano?

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by carinmom(f): 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
olafum1:

It wasn't a waste of time for me to lay out my points to you anyway, because I expect you to rethink and recheck your convictions if actually you are humanly.

For u to reply my points, especially my questions wouldn't have been an argument but rather a result of the soul searching you have done on yourself. Or maybe your answers to my questions, you have observed won't be convincing enough because your prejudice.

The most important thing, either you choose to reply me or join others who hide away from the truth; Is that u should rethink, recheck, reevaluate and ask questions if really Islam is the way?
I think you should rather ask your self if truly xtianity is the way. As for me I'm proud to be a muslim, all your lies, propaganda, hatred and prejudice will never stop the religion of over two billion people in this world from progressing. I wont stop you from practicing which ever religion you choose to practice, so i expect you to leave me and my religion alone.

To you be your religion and to me mine.

Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by HastalavistaU: 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
uchennamani:
The position of the law is quite clear on this. If as an adult you want to date a girl, the girl must attain the age of consent. An adult cannot date a minor and have a carnal knowledge of her and hope 'it is a case of two young people failing in love'. You points are not valid at all.

Note! God forbid I support such, but Islam does not respect or know this
Re: Ese Abduction: Yunusa Remanded, Admits Impregnating Ese. by bilal4riid(m): 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
jacoik:
and he said d mother is aware? I think 70 percent of d blame should go to d woman. she expose her daughter to this which her husband said already d day he chased her out of d house to go n look for his daughter . on d other note, Mr yellow is so deceitful for doing a 14yrs this, of which he quite know that d little girl can easily be deceive with little word. I rest my case here

Bt mind you yellow is not as literate as any body on nairaland, to talk abt legal consent age plus down here in North legal consent is determined by physical capability of a girl not by age!

Father Raped 17-year-old Daughter For 6 Years – Doctor / Gunmen Kill Bank Worker In Edo / NDLEA Intercepts Illicit Drugs Concealed In Soap Bars (Video, Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113