Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,179 members, 7,936,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 06:26 PM

2fingerz's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2fingerz's Profile / 2fingerz's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Politics / Re: "I Think You're Losing Your Brain": Galadima To Seun Okinbaloye (Video) by 2fingerz(m): 6:04pm On May 16, 2022
cheesy grin
Politics / You Have Destroyed Nigeria, Divided Citizens, Enthroned Corruption, Kukah Hits B by 2fingerz(m): 9:55am On Apr 18, 2022
You have destroyed Nigeria, divided citizens, enthroned corruption, Kukah hits Buhari again
By Saxone Akhaine, Kaduna
18 April 2022 | 4:16 am

Matthew Kukah

• Kaduna Anglican, Catholic Bishops back NEF, insist Buhari should resign over nation’s woes
• Nation recorded deadliest week in 2022 with 215 killed across Nigeria

The Catholic Bishop of the Diocese of Sokoto, Matthew Kukah, yesterday, heavily criticised President Muhammadu Buhari over insecurity, corruption and division along ethnic fault lines in Nigeria, saying President Buhari has destroyed every aspect of life in Nigeria but has allowed corruption to thrive and grow.

Kukah made this known in his Easter Message titled, ‘To mend a broken nation: The Easter metaphor.’
He said: “Our dear country, Nigeria, still totters and wobbles as we screech towards a dangerous and avoidable canyon of dry bones.

“With everything literally broken down, our country has become one big emergency national hospital with full occupancy.

“Our individual hearts are broken. Our family dreams are broken. Homes are broken. Churches, mosques, infrastructure are broken. Our educational system is broken. Our children’s lives and future are broken. Our politics is broken. Our economy is broken. Our energy system is broken. Our security system is broken. Our roads and rails are broken. Only corruption is alive and well.”

Kukah is known for his courage in speaking truth to power. In his unsparing Christmas homily of December 2020, he had accused President Buhari of promoting northern hegemony, saying that there could have been a coup, if a non-northern Muslim president had done a fraction of what Buhari was doing.

Last year’s Easter, he delivered a blistering condemnation of the Buhari administration, saying the government had failed and turned the country into a massive killing field.

This year’s message appears to be even strident as the respected cleric lampooned the President. He said: “Nigerians can no longer recognise their country, which has been battered and buffeted by men and women from the dark womb of time. It is no longer necessary to ask how we got here. The real challenge is how to find the slippery rungs on the ladder of ascent so we can climb out. Yet, we ask, ascend to where?

“One would be tempted to ask, what is there to say about our tragic situation today that has not been said? Who is there to speak that has not spoken? Like the friends of Job, we stare at an imponderable tragedy as the nation unravels from all sides.

“The government has slid into hibernation mode. It is hard to know whether the problem is that those in power do not hear, see, feel, know, or just don’t care. Either way, from this crossroads, we must make a choice, to go forward, turn left or right or return home. None of these choices are easy, yet, guided by the light of the risen Christ, we can reclaim our country from its impending slide to anarchy.

“The greatest challenge now is how to begin a process of reconstructing our nation, hoping that we can hang on and survive the 2023 elections. The real challenge before us now is to look beyond politics and face the challenge of forming character and faith in our country. Here, leaders of religion, Christianity and Islam, need to truthfully face the role of religion in the survival of our country. The Nigerian Constitution has very clearly delineated the fine boundaries between religion and politics. Yet many politicians continue to behave as if they are presiding over both the political and the spiritual realms in their states rather than governing in a democracy.”

He called on all religious leaders in Nigeria to urgently come to the country’s rescue. “Religious leaders must face the reality that here in Nigeria and elsewhere around the world, millions of people are leaving Christianity and Islam.

“While we are busy building walls of division with the blocks of prejudice, our members are becoming atheists but we prefer to pretend that we do not see this. We cannot pretend not to hear the footsteps of our faithful who are marching away into atheism and secularism. No threats can stop this, but dialogue can open our hearts,” he said.

IN similar manner, two Christian leaders, the Bishop, Diocese of Kaduna, Anglican Communion, Timothy Yahaya and the Bishop of Kaduna Catholic Archdiocese, Matthew Manoso Ndagoso, yesterday threw their weights behind the Northern elders, who last week called for the resignation of President Buhari over pervading insecurity and dwindling economy.

The calls by the clerics were contained in their separate Easter messages, as they re-echoed the recent stance of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF), which handed their verdict of poor governance, inability to checkmate high level of insecurity and economic woes of Nigeria as a basis for the call for President Buhari’s resignation.

Bishop Yahaya said the right thing to do by a leader who cannot deliver is to bow out of office, adding, however, that there is hope for Nigeria as a nation.

“My Easter message is that there is hope for every individual in this country, there is hope for Nigeria as a nation. I know what we are going through; it is a dangerous and perilous time, but I tell you the only tonic of tomorrow is hope.

“I don’t want to join issues with the Northern elders because I am not a politician. But the truth about leadership is that there is morality in leadership. If you cannot deliver as a leader in a civilised clime, the right and best thing to do is to bow out.

“But what gives me concern seriously is that I am not sure if the President knows that his name is going down in history as the President that is supervising the killing of his people.

“Look at the railway attack, our brothers and sisters are in captivity for three weeks now. Such number of citizens in the hands of terrorists, over 160 and we are not hearing from Mr. President himself. This was the same thing they vilified former President Jonathan for when the Chibok incident happened. In other climes, the president will not sleep and heads will roll because somebody is responsible for the laxity that led to this train attack.”

For Bishop Ndagoso, it is hard to disagree with the Northern elders’ position on the need for the President to resign from office over killings in the country.

According to him, the only thing the people got each time scores of Nigerians are killed, maimed and abducted were empty assurances and reassurances of security by political leaders.

“To say the least, the seeming incompetence and lack of political will to face the ever increasing insecurity head on has left most Nigerians in a state of quandary to the extent that members of the National Assembly and other well respected individuals are publicly calling on citizens to bear arms to defend themselves. Do we need any further sign of a failed state?”

MEANWHILE, Nigeria witnessed its deadliest week in 2022 last week as armed non-state actors killed at least 215 people in various attacks. This implies that an average of 30 people were killed daily by armed persons in the country last week.

More than half of the victims, 142, were killed in Plateau State by gunmen. Apart from Plateau, other states that witnessed mass killings include Kaduna (26) and Benue (23).

The figure for last week indicates a sharp increase when compared to the previous week when at least 25 people were killed. Also, at least 2,968 people have been killed in the first three months of 2022

https://guardian.ng/news/you-have-destroyed-nigeria-divided-citizens-enthroned-corruption-kukah-hits-buhari-again/
Religion / Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by 2fingerz(m): 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
Nice one. Just an observation. While Corpus Christi is celebrated in June, Christ the King is celebrated in November.
They are two different feasts.
However, in Nigeria, the procession for Corpus Christi is postponed to later in year to avoid the raining season in June.

3 Likes

Phones / Re: Since Facebook Is Having Trouble Let Me Update My Gallery Here. by 2fingerz(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2021
Bros, post your own pictures fess. I wan check something.
Politics / Re: 'I Am Not A Nigerian. I Was Paid To Protest' – African-American In New York by 2fingerz(m): 5:48am On Sep 24, 2021
grin Hunger dey US too

392 Likes 23 Shares

Celebrities / Re: Zubby Michael & Chizzy Alichi Fight Over "A Woman Being King Of Boys" by 2fingerz(m): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2021
See as Zubby let small gal insult am angry lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Pretty Mike Arrives A Wedding With A Native Doctor (Pictures, Video) by 2fingerz(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2021
If this ain't content, then I wonder what would be undecided
Career / Re: See Where Oil Riggers Live While On Offshore Oil Exploration: Pics & Video by 2fingerz(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2021
OP, the title of your post is wrong. Those houses are actually located on shore. Off shore means in the ocean or coming from the ocean. On shore means on land, near the shore or going towards the ocean.

Nice post, though.

4 Likes

Celebrities / Re: I Am Ashamed Of You - Comedienne Princess Blasts Iya Rainbow by 2fingerz(m): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2021
grin so how much e cum pay the soldiers?
Antoeni:
Soldiers came to our compound yesterday to pack my neighbour’s properties in a big truck. They handcuffed my neighbor and started beating him mercilessly. No one could move near them or say a word. After they finished packing all his properties, they bundled my neighbor inside the truck and drove off. Even my landlady that he owed three years rent was dumbfounded. Luckily for my neighbor, His wife and kids were at his mum’s place. I just saw my neighbor’s close friend this morning and he said i shouldn’t tell anybody that my neighbor wanted to pack out without paying the rent owed, So he planned with a soldier friend of his to help him pack his load . Country hard

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: I Am Ashamed Of You - Comedienne Princess Blasts Iya Rainbow by 2fingerz(m): 8:01am On Jul 02, 2021
grin
Antoeni:
Soldiers came to our compound yesterday to pack my neighbour’s properties in a big truck. They handcuffed my neighbor and started beating him mercilessly. No one could move near them or say a word. After they finished packing all his properties, they bundled my neighbor inside the truck and drove off. Even my landlady that he owed three years rent was dumbfounded. Luckily for my neighbor, His wife and kids were at his mum’s place. I just saw my neighbor’s close friend this morning and he said i shouldn’t tell anybody that my neighbor wanted to pack out without paying the rent owed, So he planned with a soldier friend of his to help him pack his load . Country hard
Politics / Re: FG Declares Wednesday And Thursday Public Holidays. by 2fingerz(m): 5:08pm On May 10, 2021
Another one
Politics / Re: Femi Adesina, Garba Shehu, And The Demons Of Aso Rock, By Achike Chude by 2fingerz(m): 9:38am On May 08, 2021
It seems to me that people sell off their souls to the devil of the Aso Rock manor the same day they cross the Villa's threshold to the comfort of the other side. At the end of their stint, these insensitive government aides and appointees recover not only their soul but also their humanity. undecided

5 Likes

Politics / Re: Isa Pantimi: I Have Sleepless Night Over Nigeria’s Problems by 2fingerz(m): 8:56am On May 08, 2021
Dan boro ba! lipsrsealed
Politics / Re: Headquarters Of Kaduna Electricity Disco Sealed For Failure To Pay Tax by 2fingerz(m): 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
Na im be say Kad IRS no go get light be that grin
Politics / Re: Isa Pantami Criticises Clerics Who Go Into Politics (Throwback Video) by 2fingerz(m): 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
360degreess:
This man's political rivals and enemies are trying so hard to discredit him.. First, they lied that he is on CIA's watch list for sponsoring terrorism, the same news source came out to apologise that the news wasn't genuine.. Secondly,Someone came out with old audio of about 21years ago(year 2000), saying pantami said he feels Joy whenever Christians are been killed.. Now comes another new one again.. They are not mentioning the tremendous achievement he has made in the communication industry..Hmmm.Nigeria , Nigeria..
Well I trust Buhari,he won't even listen to all these nonsense.. Pantami carry go with your good works.
This is a joke, yes? grin
Nairaland / General / Re: A Huge Python I Killed This Night by 2fingerz(m): 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
BluDesk:
Damn. This is huge

You played with your life though. Have you not heard snakes are vindictive. A snake knowing it's dead can summon it's last energy to strike it's opponent so they both die.

Never you ever ever again in your life handle a snake without cutting off its head. Be it a venomous or nonVenomous snake or pyhton that shallows and not bike. Please.
Wehdone o. So a non venomous snake will summon all it's energy and envenomate its killer, abi?

1 Like

Politics / Re: Arrest Or Detain Sunday Igboho,the Biggest Threat To The Peace And Stability-ffk by 2fingerz(m): 8:26am On Apr 02, 2021
Gladtune:
Former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, has said that the biggest threat to the peace and stability of Nigeria is the "plan by some hardliners in the Federal government to kill or arrest" Yoruba activist, Sunday Igboho.

Igboho has been pushing for the actualization of Oduduwa republic, a country for South Westerners. He was also in the news for the eviction notice he gave Fulanis residing in the Southwest region.

True. Title of post is misleading. I fell for reading only the headlines grin
FFK in a post shared this morning, said Igboho has committed no crime and that it will be counterproductive for the government to arrest him.

Read More... https://gladtune.com/2021/04/02/arrest-or-detain-sunday-igboho-the-biggest-threat-to-the-peace-and-stability-of-nigeria-today-is-the-plan-to-kill-ffk/
I wonder what FFK smokes. After chopping Igboho's food, he turns around to demand for his arrest? undecided
Celebrities / Re: Regina Daniels' New Pretty Look (Photos, Video) by 2fingerz(m): 4:09pm On Apr 01, 2021
chukslawrence:
We hope the fallen Olympus will rise again. She’s beautiful btw
grin cheesy
Celebrities / Re: Regina Daniels' New Pretty Look (Photos, Video) by 2fingerz(m): 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2021
pyyxxaro:
Uncle Ned don use that e lassa rat mouth fall this small gal bweast embarassed

Those of una when de zoom the pictures, make una fear God oh , naa person wife be that oh cry

See as she resemble Mannequin for this last pik tongue
grin
Fashion / Re: Lagos Restaurant, Grills By Delis, Denies Lady Entrance Over Her Outfit by 2fingerz(m): 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
I see nothing wrong in what this baby girl is putting on...

Too many hypocrites and holier-than-thou in this gadmnnn world

Nobody gives a fuckkkk about the mantra...live and let live anymore

Bros, abeg leave that thing; the dressing is excessive.
Politics / Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Threatening Staff With Hammer - Sahara Reporters (Video) by 2fingerz(m): 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
grin
Legalcriminal:
Someone cannot play again with his staff
Foreign Affairs / Re: Joe Biden Stumbles Multiple Times As He Boards Air Force One (Video) by 2fingerz(m): 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
cheesy grin e try
Celebrities / Re: Kanayo O. Kanayo’s Daughter, Valerie Begins NYSC Programme (Photos) by 2fingerz(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2021
Abeg how this news take concern us? undecided
Politics / Re: Buhari’s Son In-law Poses With Rare Lion, Sets Tongue Wagging (pictures) by 2fingerz(m): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
White lions are endangered. It must have cost an arm and a leg to acquire it. Our money cry
Politics / Insecurity: Reps Want 18-year-old Nigerians, Others To Carry Arms by 2fingerz(m): 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
Insecurity: Reps want 18-year-old Nigerians, others to carry arms
ON MARCH 14, 202112:28 PMIN POLITICS
By Tordue Salem – Abuja
The House of Representatives, may soon pass a Bill for Act, to permit Nigerians from the age of eighteen, to carry arms for self-defence.

The House of Representatives may soon pass a Bill for Act to permit Nigerians from the age of eighteen to carry arms for self-defence.

This contradicts President Muhammadu Buhari’s order to security services to shoot any civilian bearing arms.

A Bill to that effect, entitled: “Firearms Amendment Bill”, was exclusively obtained by VANGUARD at the weekend.

The Bill sponsored by Rep. Adejoro Adeogun, states in section 2 subsection 3, that “Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1), a person shall be entitled to the grant of a license or permit under this Act if, at the time of application, the person: at least eighteen years of age”. and “has a psychological evaluation certificate from a government hospital not more than six months, has a vision quality certificate from a government hospital not more than six months, has a police clearance certificate not more than twelve months, has a rifle club membership of at least six months and a firearms proficiency certificate issued by the club, and has a national identification number”.

ALSO READ: Kano Committee seizes, destroys fake drugs worth N6bn
The Bill also demands that the bearer “Has a National Identification Number (NIN) issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC)”, adding that “The Inspector General of Police, shall maintain a manual and an e-register of such permits in force”.

The Bill also states that “The Inspector General of Police, may, with the consent of the Governor of the State, grant a permit to any person to carry on the business of manufacture and repair of the firearms referred to in Part III of the Schedule to this Act”.

The bill seeks a jail sentence of at least 2 years for offences to the law.

“Section 35 (2) of the Principal Act, is amended by substituting for the words, one thousand naira or imprisonment for two years, the words seventy-five thousand or imprisonment of not less than 2 years”.

Vanguard News Nigeria
Forum Games / Re: Betting: How Much Of Your T-Fare & Lunch Money Did You Spend Here? (Pics) by 2fingerz(m): 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
grin
Politics / Re: Sheikh Gumi Replies Army, Says ‘I Was Misunderstood’ by 2fingerz(m): 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2021
This Sheik Gumi... his utterances tend toward bigotry. His motive and relationship with the bandits is unlikely sincere. Now, even his response to the Army's accusation is not plausible.
Politics / Re: More Accolades For Udom As NWA endorses Ibom Syringe Factory products ... Photos by 2fingerz(m): 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2021
Wait...the headline read "...FG approves Ibom syringe factory...". NMA is professional body for as well as a pressure group of medical doctors in Nigeria; it's not synonymous with the Nigerian FG.
All the same,the endorsement by NMA of the Ibom syringe factory is a welcome development.
Politics / Re: IGP Orders AIGs, CPs To Enforce COVID-19 Regulations by 2fingerz(m): 11:09am On Feb 02, 2021
The Nigeria Police is usually quick and excited to enforce laws which aspects are likely to be abused by it's own officers.
For example, police officers may exploit hapless citizens who unconsciously flout this new act on the use of facemasks in public places.
However, some regulations (like those guaranteeing free bail or preventing unnecessary extended custody in police cells)are flouted and ignored by the police officers themselves.
Politics / Re: FG Has Almost Completed The Second Niger Bridge (Picture) by 2fingerz(m): 8:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
They should complete it already and stop the media hype.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Ganduje: Movement Of Cattle From North To South Should Be Banned by 2fingerz(m): 4:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
This is not a completely bad idea by a state government or government at any other levels. But for starters, it will suffice, considering the present challenge of "farmer-herder" clashes.
However, the emphasis should be on the cattle owners ( notice I didn't typed "herdsmen or cattle rearers") being incentivized to acquire their own land for their business of animal husbandry.
After all, these businessmen don't pay royalties to the government from their business.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Anger As 10 APC Governors Accompany Buhari To Daura For APC Registration by 2fingerz(m): 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
Some of the current critics of Burahi and his co-travellers are out in the cold hence their griping and lamentation.
Buhari and Fashola and Lai et al bayed themselves hoarse about how Jonathan mismanaged Nigeria.
Its likely some of these critics would do same ( or worse) as Buhari if they find themselves in the warm and cosy corridors of power.
Its unfortunate but political power and authority in Nigeria has become a game of musical chairs.

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.