Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,363 members, 7,967,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 01:47 PM

2Lynx's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2Lynx's Profile / 2Lynx's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 16 pages)

Nairaland / General / Re: Transparent Glass Public Toilet That Becomes Opaque When Occupied In Tokyo(Pics) by 2Lynx(m): 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
Imustreturn:
ah done fear oo

Lol but nothing dey special na

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: Largest Blast Ever: Russia Releases Unseen Photos From 1961 Tsar Bomb Test by 2Lynx(m): 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
Is it not better that these nuclear weapons are tested out of space? Seeing that the radiation incured will last for years here. Out there, radiation is a constant factor, so it's no big deal.

Blast of this magnitude fit disintegrate some extraterrestrial bodies maybe mars as it won't be done in just open space na...the force may serve as propellant pushing some large and small particles (large meteorites, asteroids) to earth (no matter how dynamic the outer space pressure may be)..DAT na double disaster as we no go fit predict where all go fall....abi
https://www.ctbto.org/specials/testing-times/9-july-1962starfish-prime-outer-space
https://www.labroots.com/trending/space/12897/here-s-what-d-happen-detonated-nuclear-bomb-space

https://history.nasa.gov/conghand/nuclear.htm
But why dem invent am in the first place sef..?

39 Likes

Nairaland / General / Re: Transparent Glass Public Toilet That Becomes Opaque When Occupied In Tokyo(Pics) by 2Lynx(m): 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Imustreturn:
So them go dey watch me as I dey shit. Tufiaaa

Lol...No body dey see you as you dey do your thing..the thing no dey transparent as long as it remains closed

3 Likes 1 Share

Nairaland / General / Re: Transparent Glass Public Toilet That Becomes Opaque When Occupied In Tokyo(Pics) by 2Lynx(m): 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
This guys advancement ehn (not attributing their advancement to these but other factors), I just Wonder most times if they are still on earth...but then the tsunami and other natural diseaters of the Pacific reminds me they are still in this me**ed up world of ours

Explorers!!! wehdone baba

3 Likes

Travel / Re: This UK Life Sef (Series) by 2Lynx(m): 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2020
Richdee1:

Thanks for the quote baba.. We dey follow the thread gidigba

I just say make I notify the boss dem
Travel / Re: Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) by 2Lynx(m): 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
Explorers:

Scandinavian na another level bro.

Swears their landscapes go make even an ameture photographer be like pro...na Paradise bro...
Hope you doing good sir

2 Likes

Travel / Re: My France Picture Gallery by 2Lynx(m): 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mrphysics nice thread you have here...apart from the lil exposure gotten from your thread as partained to Nantes France.. The insightful writeup about the dynamics of the nuclear reactors and power plants still surpasses all.... Thumps up. more oil for your head.
Though i no understand half of 'em buh I go calm down read am over again.

8 Likes

Travel / Re: This UK Life Sef (Series) by 2Lynx(m): 11:37am On Aug 24, 2020
Your aesthetic eloquence coupled with the you go back and forth in time.. Dey make your work make sense....

Niklausefred
Richdee

4 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) by 2Lynx(m): 11:01am On Aug 24, 2020
Explorers:

Well, ive not seen any physically.

But based on what ive seen on the internet, documentaries, Norway youtube channels that ive seen, Instagram/Facebook pages, i can say Japan is beautiful but not than Norway.

The landscapes, mountains, lakes, waterfall, cruise, glaciers, Northern lights in Norway is second to none. My opinion.

You can google most Naturally beautiful countries on earth, you won't see Japan. You see Norway, Canada, Switzerland, US(Colorado, Washington State, Utah, Montana), and mostly Europe.

Japan is beautiful but these Scandinavian countries are on another level entirely

7 Likes

Travel / Re: Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) by 2Lynx(m): 10:56am On Aug 24, 2020
oseiwe:

All these shoulder to shoulder houses sef. Forget the fine pixels, this is slum standard worldwide.

Slum ke na their pattern.....the same way the US of A has a distinct housing pattern that isn't common anywhere...Norway is one of the most beautiful country, most western countries has nothing compared to it..

US = Condominiums
Uk = Apartment building e.t.c
Nigeria = duplex e.t.c

9 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: Joe Biden Picks Senator Kamala Harris as VP by 2Lynx(m): 11:46am On Aug 12, 2020
Saw this on fox news Monday afternoon..thought it was some kind of pre campaign ish against biden in favour of trump.
But i don't think this cancel out the the fact that biden is a very good debater when compared to trump.
Apart from making use of popular votes in elections, the US of A will also make do with electoral colleges too.. With the conflict going on in the white house I think biden will win though...see as both democrat and the Republican dey trump neck always.
Lass lass trump go still win second tenure
Travel / Re: My US Adventures/Trips. by 2Lynx(m): 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
NiklauseFred:

Enjoy
Whizqueen
https://www.nairaland.com/5403413/lagos-toronto-life-new-canadian
Mrsc143
https://www.nairaland.com/4304557/chronicles-canadian-immigrant

Thank you boss....
Last last dreams will come true... With effort and perseverance.

1 Like

Travel / Re: My US Adventures/Trips. by 2Lynx(m): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2020
NiklauseFred:
Quite an interesting read. cry
Honestly if FAILURE was to be a country name,i think Nigeria is that country.

Nigeria has literally shattered my dreams alotta times but somehow i believe one day thinks will work out for good.

Drenimarcus,Lionlee216,Blowjobs,Munichlover,Mackynaija,franknetter and Soknown you guys motivate me daily. kiss

Those days of blowjobs.....mahn just got glued to the thread.
Travel / Re: My US Adventures/Trips. by 2Lynx(m): 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
Jaycew:

Also check out Mrsc143 diary, and that of @whizqueen
You'll be glad you did

@Jaycew help me with the links abeg
Travel / Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by 2Lynx(m): 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2020
Travel / Re: "Ebonyi International Airport To Be Completed In 2022" - Governor Umahi (photos) by 2Lynx(m): 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2020
Jlow2:
what ebonyi needs now is to create enabling environment for economic activities and encouraging local content,I have told sum myopic praise singers that you derive tax by creating jobs, and not fustrating already established businesses with outrageous tax for building international airport ,ecuminical center that govt will not earn anything meaningful from in the next 20yrs, all these re happening in the midst of hunger and joblessness, am happy that he has sacked1800 pa sa and sta s that always come here to attack pple, he told them point blank to go do business and stop relying on govt appointments, nobody is against infrastructural development,but pple need to be alive with corresponding knowledge to take care of that infrastructure

You are so on point...
Not that these infrastructural development ain't good...
But rendering people homeless, jobless and even making most loss their lives all in the name of this development, mehn that's bad really bad....
Who go come enjoy am at last?
Travel / Re: My Journey To China by 2Lynx(m): 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2020
Richdee1:

I be ur boy oo.. Anything wey Oga talk, na e boys dey follow

Oga at the top, I'm grateful sir....
I sight you with respect sir....
Taink you sir...
Travel / Re: My Journey To China by 2Lynx(m): 9:20pm On Aug 07, 2020
NiklauseFred:

Hahaha we will bro.
Welcome to the league bro

Richdee1 jaycew wha' ya' think?

Richdee1 jaycew, I sight you guys with respect brethren...
Travel / Re: My Journey To China by 2Lynx(m): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2020
We dey here.....
Abeg add these one join that cooler... The wine na for my ogas

NiklauseFred, Hadampson make una dey mention me for any event center where food dey like dis abeg..

2 Likes

Autos / Re: Sold: 2011 BMW 7 Series V12 For Sale by 2Lynx(m): 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
Damn...
V12.... jeez the speed of these stuff ehn
Romance / Re: My Fiancee Insists We Spend N500k Or Less On Our Wedding But I Want To Spend N1M by 2Lynx(m): 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
J111333:
The first is already a grandmother and the second is probably a mother by now so this dude is having the last one.

The two of una dey make me fear now....
Travel / Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by 2Lynx(m): 12:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
flyingpig:

Understanding the multi-factorial causes is key to bringing an end to the embarrassing plague.
Coming down to a comprehensive solution to combating it,

1. Politicians have to make the society progressive and less depressing/devastating.

2. Parents must instill better morales or disciplines into their children/wards during childhood and most importantly in their teenage stage.

3. Teachers of Primary and especially the Secondary Schools; must guide the pupils/students in the right path of chastity and satisfaction that one derives from enjoying the profits of honest work. Religious leaders should come into this part too. tongue No be to dey ask for tithe from yahoo boys shocked

4. Social media has their own roles to play, last year Instagram said that they would disable number of likes on instagram posts in a bid to curb depression or intimidation. undecided

5. Society will have to learn to question unexplained source of wealth of some unknown persons and not just throw their hands in the air to celebrate them with praise words such as "Oga!" grin

With these few points of mine, I hope I've been able to convince you and not confuse you, that erm ..........(I am not a yahoo boy or in support of it or anyone involved) lol... embarassed

Nice point outlined, but ability for these outlined possible solution to effect the desired change in ones life depands on the capacity of the individual. Without capacity building no matter what you are taught it will go a long way yes but when thick problems come knocking we might be forced to change stance.
We need to build our capacity and work on ourselves. good personal upbringing/ethics.
Travel / Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by 2Lynx(m): 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
dualprince0280:

fraud/scam is never as a result of poverty,its cause by greed,lack of ethics, peer group,faulty environment/environmental influence and faulty upbringing.more to say on this but just speechless, for now.

Yes you are right but the comments above seem to single out poverty as the main cause resulting to most fraudulent act.
Youth this days don't know all this are fleeting. peer pressure huh the thing be say no body cares when we realise that maybe our orientation will change. Faulty environment-influence may have nothing to do with that because if thats the case then almost everyone would have been a wealthy Internet fraudster considering the fact that the kind of world system we live in today encourages so many obscene act.
I believe it all sums down to parental upbringing as you rightly said "faulty upbringing" personal upbringing/morals and ethics most people sef no even get any personal ethics or morals guiding their daily living anything wey they see they must have. And will/ will to effect positive change in the environment they live in.
In as much as i really don't understand what the government is doing in terms of all the embezzlement cases. I still don't believe they will be the reason for me to go into "yahoo" or maybe what one human being think about my dressing or phone. ohh brother that's so stupid.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by 2Lynx(m): 11:04am On Jul 16, 2020
Funny how people try to justify fraud by blaming it on poverty. Let's call a spade a spade, so most people here are trying to say if I resort to blood money just to lift myself from poverty its OK, right?
What I see here is Situation Ethics playing out. Something that is truly wrong is not wrong depending on the situation and right is not right depending on the situation.
Blaming the government forgetting the change we desire has to begin with us. If we were thought morals and right attitude was imbibed in us right from our home (childhood) we won't be much perturbed by what happens in the government, because we know who we are.
Blaming the government is the cheapest widespread excuse for going into fraudulent activities.
There are many people who have tasted absolute poverty firsthand but never used that as an excuse to go fraudulent...(except the thing don dey hungry you since) instead built wealth from scratch no be say them be dullard.
This generation lacks simple morals. No wonder there is no thinkers no inventors, everyone wants to take shortcuts.

7 Likes

Food / Re: Food Is Ready: I Killed This Monitor Lizard In My Farm This Afternoon by 2Lynx(m): 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2020
With the kind of killings going on against animals these days...it won't be surprising if they go extinct in these part of the country.. Every animal is an ENDANGERED species in Nigeria..

Hungry dude doesn't know these animals create some balance in the ecosystem preventing some bacteria and virus from getting to the humans...

No wonder Nigeria no get national mascot the horses wey we get don almost enter pot finish the eagle is nonexistent

Na everything una must chop!!!!!
Food / Re: Food Is Ready: I Killed This Monitor Lizard In My Farm This Afternoon by 2Lynx(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2020
Animals that are meant to be alone self ain't safe
Food / Re: Food Is Ready: I Killed This Monitor Lizard In My Farm This Afternoon by 2Lynx(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2020
Nigerians
Religion / Re: Paintings Of How People In The Past Envisioned Life Now by 2Lynx(m): 8:53pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
I was reading one of your thread when I slept off, even right now I'm wondering if I've woken up, the dream was horrible.
Grimmjoe having an horrible dream from reading grimly contents lol

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Paintings Of How People In The Past Envisioned Life Now by 2Lynx(m): 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Like what? technology you see in movies are mostly not possible, like the light saber from star wars.

Hahahaha lmao.... Technologies i see in movies wt... The irony. A dude somewhere using smokes from grasses as beacon on some island thought about a device capable of reaching others at some incredible speed when in need of help as the ad/ movie company's fanatasy/make believe

Don't be to quick to write things off, the world maybe to old you think, but it's young still.
1989ish internet(www) was invented, not to long ago

1 Like 1 Share

Religion / Re: Paintings Of How People In The Past Envisioned Life Now by 2Lynx(m): 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
TheSourcerer:
nothing beats the internet , Nothing can , maybe a teleportation device , but still no one saw the internet coming and we still cannot do without the internet .

I'm so sure sure that's what some teches in The 1900s thought after seeing the fax machine for the first time "nothing beats this mehn".

The internet was invented by a scientist not for public usage at first but to cater to the needs of colleagues at the CERN.....but afterwards was released to the public.
The same way penicillin was discovered by mistake.. No one saw this coming
Oh brother i disagree, Something will actually beat the internet soon.

They felt the same way you feeling now
Religion / Re: Paintings Of How People In The Past Envisioned Life Now by 2Lynx(m): 8:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
This is why some people believe technology has gotten to it peak, now we can only get faster cars, faster plane, faster internet, but nothing new.

Right.....but I don't think technology has gotten to its peak just yet...I think all this are the foundations of what is yet to come.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 16 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.