Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,457 members, 7,897,944 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 11:36 PM

2undeee's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2undeee's Profile / 2undeee's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 13 pages)

Crime / Re: 26 Years Old Nigerian Arrested For $230,000 Scam In Canada by 2undeee(m): 8:10am On Oct 05, 2016
Shy no b my eye dey show double d other no b dat comedian call I go die just asking oh
Crime / Re: "We Didn’t Know It Was CBN Governor’s Wife We Kidnapped" - Suspect by 2undeee(m): 8:06am On Oct 05, 2016
As una know now waitin change but I thank God say NO B NDA it will have been a different story line

1 Like

Politics / Re: BREAKING!! Buhari Receives Heavy Knocks In EU Parliament Over Biafra (see Video) by 2undeee(m): 7:54am On Oct 05, 2016
Meaning
Politics / Re: Save Nigeria and Naira For Nigeria Sake- corper Enoch by 2undeee(m): 5:44am On Oct 05, 2016
Just wasted my time in reading well na me do mistake.
Politics / Re: Oyegun Was Removed As A Permanent Secretary In 1984 by 2undeee(m): 5:37am On Oct 05, 2016
See historians d give Oyegun history but Y rooftech Y dere is God oh kwantinu
Politics / Re: N23.29b Poll Bribe: Buhari To Determine Fate Of Recs by 2undeee(m): 3:42am On Oct 04, 2016
Hummmmm Baba BUBU waitin por ya jaudgement por da kwarapt feofle warking wit INEC fls don't fall our hanu

6 Likes

Crime / Re: Phones Thief Caught Inside Train Today (Pics) by 2undeee(m): 6:20am On Oct 03, 2016
Chai where d guy picture
Politics / Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by 2undeee(m): 7:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
Modi or wiatin b una name abeg front page oh because d tinmake sense no b small as far as say Na true

123 Likes 4 Shares

Celebrities / Re: Benson Okonkwo Celebrates Nigeria's Independence With Topless Photos by 2undeee(m): 5:03am On Oct 01, 2016
Y u cover ur fat belle because me know say u no ge 3packs not 2talk of 6
Politics / Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by 2undeee(m): 11:33am On Sep 27, 2016
Well i have been expecting this for a long time, this what we called a failed marriage

15 Likes

Politics / AFDB To Lend Nigerian 4.1b$ by 2undeee(m): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2016
The African Development Bank is working on giving Nigeria loan facilities of $4.1bn between now and next year for critical sectors of the economy.

The loans include $1bn at a concessionary interest rate of 1.2 per cent for Nigeria to address the 2016 budget deficit and aid her economic recovery.

The President, AfDB, Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina, disclosed this to State House correspondents on Monday after a meeting with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and other members of the Economic Management Team at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

According to the AfDB president, the package includes; $1bn in budget support, $300m to create jobs for 185,000 youths, $250m towards infrastructure development in the North-East, $1m grant to deal with challenges of Internally Displaced Persons, $300m for infrastructure development around Abuja, and $200m for the Transmission Company of Nigeria to improve its facilities, among others.

Stressing that Nigeria was the largest shareholder in the bank, Adesina said that the bank was in the country to offer its support in the face of the current tough times.

He said, “I think the times are difficult but I want to commend the government for being bold in taking the right decisions. I think that the fact that the price of crude oil has gone down is a big challenge, because you have 98 per cent external forex revenue coming from the sector.

“So, it has created calibrations; I’m not going to go into the details of all the problems, but what is important is what we are going to do about it.

“I’m not here to lecture the Nigerian government. I’m here to support very strongly. We have said that we are going to support the Nigerian government with the budget support to be able to deal with some of the fiscal imbalances that they have. We are looking to consider for an award of $1bn to help to deal with that particular deficit.”

Adesina added that the bank would help to revive Nigeria’s economy, especially by deepening the level of diversification in critical sectors such as agriculture, solid minerals and manufacturing.

According to him, the bank is going to provide in total $4.1bn to Nigeria between 2016 and 2017 for power, infrastructure, agriculture and for the private sector, including financing and lending to the Small and Medium-scale Enterprises.

He also said that he expected the AfDB portfolio in the country to grow to $10bn by 2019.

Adesina, a former Nigerian Minister of Agriculture, added, “We also recognise that power is perhaps the most important challenge that is driving inflation in the country. So, we expect in our portfolio this year to invest in a total of 1,400 megawatts of power to focus on the energy sector; and by 2017, we plan to add 1,387 megawatts to the sector.”

He said that the bank also discussed with Osinbajo and the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, on how to invest in areas of women and youth employment in the country as well as to look for opportunities to support access to finance by supporting the Development Bank of Nigeria with $500m, which will help to provide cheap financing for the real sector that the country wants to grow.

According to him, the bank is also providing $100m to the Bank of Industry to enable it to lend to small and medium-sized enterprises.

Adesina said, “Let me just say that Nigeria is experiencing tough times, but Nigeria is not falling apart; and when people talk about debt crisis, Nigeria is not in a debt crisis. If you look at the fiscal deficit of this country with regard to the GDP, it is about three or 3.5 per cent. It is still way below the five per cent recommended by the Fiscal Responsibility Act.

“If you look in terms of the debt to the GDP ratio for Nigeria, it is 15 per cent. So, there is no debt crisis in Nigeria; what you have is liquidity problem and we are trying for the country to be able to drive down inflation and to be able to make sure we are working with the government to be able to provide incentives for the private sector.

“Because to come out of recession you need more than the government, you need the private sector. So, incentives are very important. The Finance minister talked about a whole lot of incentives that they are going to give and I think that is the right way to go.

“Nigeria will come out of this as a better and more diversified economy than before it went into the recession.”

Also speaking, Adeosun said there was no need to fear over the new loan as it would be put into good use, adding that the government was not over-borrowing.

She added, “And as Dr. Adesina said, we are looking unto them with $1bn budget support; but beyond that, there are lots of loans and initiatives around agriculture, job creation for the youths, solid minerals, women empowerment and women’s access to finance, and access to finance by the SMEs.

“We are not over-borrowing, what we are trying to do is to ensure that this money we are borrowing we use it on the key infrastructure that will drive the economy.”

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Religion / Re: My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree by 2undeee(m): 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
Seun:

See the kind trend wey dey make front page and yet if u talk the so called moderator go ban u from commenting for d next one or 2 weeks there is God oh
Foreign Affairs / Re: Gabon Court Upholds Disputed Bongo Ali Poll Victory by 2undeee(m): 5:55am On Sep 24, 2016
Hummmmmm we Africans with our greedy so called leaders only GEJ will always b a great leader for accepting defeat that no Nigerian soul is what of his ambition to b presido. BUBU I pray u know so when 2019 reach. Just talking no oh b4 wailers come chop me raw

1 Like

Politics / Re: Blogger Jamil Mabai Remanded In Prison by 2undeee(m): 4:49am On Sep 23, 2016
Shy Na lie d blogger talk ni of all things why 3000 coffins for this hard time Y him no share white cloth for him Kastina people so dat d burial rites go complete clueless governor

15 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: NLC,TUC Tackles Saraki And Dangote For The Sale Of National Assets by 2undeee(m): 4:41am On Sep 23, 2016
Dangote: if Nigerians if sell NLNG for me I go make u President 2023 so how u take see am
Saraki: Oboy dat thing make sense oh I go tell am 2 my Boyz for huz so no worry BUBU no go understand.
EKWREMADU: No oh waitin MY IPOB people go dey take hold Nigerians to ransom if una sell am.

Well we Nigerians dey watch una for 4D screen
Business / Re: 8 Things N500 Cannot Buy Anymore by 2undeee(m): 3:01am On Sep 11, 2016
SAMBARRY:
500 naira can cook soup it's only that it won't be rich and it won't last for more than three days or maximum of a week
If you 're good at prudent spending you can buy tomato-200 naira
Atarodo-50 naira
Onions -10naira
Grinding -70

In my place 500 will do all this including cooking soup with beef nd stew if u want 2

1 Like

Politics / Re: Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway by 2undeee(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
Kano state need more of human development in a place where d youth lack knowledge of understanding, so after the construction the China will stay and maintian it abi
Crime / Re: Hard To Say His Biological Mother Is A LovePeddler by 2undeee(m): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
Na the koko b dat oh just let him know the truth
Crime / Re: See Village Where Dead People Are ROASTED With Firewood And Stored by 2undeee(m): 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
The unguwa's in making go 2 Abia State dem plenty
Politics / Re: How Abia Turned Down My Logo Design, Be The Judge (pics) by 2undeee(m): 4:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
You did a good job but that one make sense pass ur own like a trillion time
Politics / Re: Ohaneze In Search Of Credible Igbo Political Leaders, Says VP by 2undeee(m): 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
STC igbo people Ekerenmadu
Politics / Re: PHOTOS: Kano State Students On Scholarship In India Meets With Governor Ganduje by 2undeee(m): 12:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
Who dem help
Events / Re: When The Money Is Too Much For Money Spraying Gun Machine (pics,video) by 2undeee(m): 11:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
nwanna89:
This guy na baddoo sha...lol

I thought he was a pastor spraying holy water at first

100 naira notes stack to the left is 300k. $1 dollar note stacks to the right is $300 total.

dat 100 note na 6 bundles and dats 600k
Politics / Re: Friday Nwosu Challenges Uche Ogah's Declaration As Abia Governor by 2undeee(m): 5:19am On Jul 03, 2016
na una sabi na greediness go kill Nigerian politicians

25 Likes 1 Share

Romance / Re: Teenagers Having Sex In A Cemetery In Kaduna Caught And Arraigned by 2undeee(m): 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
ForeverYoung197:
So now they saying it is illegal to have sex in cemetery angry ?

its not illegal to have sex inside the mortuary soon u will b a father your children will also practice such den u will be left to decide if its illegal or not

1 Like

Politics / Re: ONELGA Militants Sign Peace Deal In Rivers, Flaunt Their Guns - PICS by 2undeee(m): 5:36am On Jun 29, 2016
When will Nigeria b a better place, Ya-Allah take control we pray for peace let we no suffer the sins of our founding fathers

10 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Fayose In Certificate Mess.. EFCC Writes INEC by 2undeee(m): 5:29am On Jun 29, 2016
hummmmmm Fayose don bite tiger or Lion by the tail oh this movies they sweet oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 13 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.