Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,202 members, 7,936,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 09:01 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1324779 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (1231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dickt(m): 4:07am On Oct 03, 2011
my laptop charges intermittently but sometimes, it charges continuously without stopping n continuing. wen its on it doesnt charge at all. the charging port is tested o.k. wat could be wrong?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jovann: 6:34am On Oct 03, 2011
Error 678: remote computer not responding. i unlocked my GLo USB recently cos of poor signal in some areas when
i travel. Now the USB still works fine when on Glo sim, but if i put other sim card like MTN, it will always give me this error code
when i click on connect. I have check the network setup, preferred connection and registration, and those set up were right.
pls anyone that knows what to do to rectify should make suggestion. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by callydon(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2011
Plz guys I need a solution. On my laptop d battery icon is always marked 'X' n after charging my phone it won't even last 4 Up to 30mins b4 discharging completely.
Plz Wot do I do abt dis?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 9:33am On Oct 03, 2011
Deyoungsanetor:

Pls guys my zinox laptop,is regecting my pasword,pls cn any1 halp me out
You mean rejecting? Can you prove that you are the owner? Contact me on relaxtuners at gmail dot com

dickt:

my laptop charges intermittently but sometimes, it charges continuously without stopping n continuing. wen its on it doesnt charge at all. the charging port is tested o.k. wat could be wrong?
You might want to specify more details about your laptop and the charger you are using.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
callydon:

Plz guys I need a solution. On my laptop d battery icon is always marked 'X' n after charging my phone it won't even last 4 Up to 30mins b4 discharging completely.
Plz Wot do I do abt dis?

on window 7 OS it means the battery is not plugged in

then your phone it means the battery has reached it live span the same for your laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by milanseedorf(m): 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2011
i uninstalled a program from my computer and i noticed that my desktop icons where covered with something like a white paper ,and my other system icons where replaced with the white paper.i have checked every setting and everything seems to be normal. i dont know what else to do. am using dell inspiron 64bit with windows 7 ultimate. any help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ssii: 2:32am On Oct 04, 2011
I just installed Microsoft office and student 2010, its fully installed but would not open. The message says the side-by-side configuration is wrong. I had same problem trying to install yahoo messenger. What do I do? I just bought this MS edition with online download.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jamessmith2099: 8:27am On Oct 04, 2011
Excellent tips. Really useful stuff .Never had an idea about this, will look for more of such informative posts from your side, Good job, Keep it up.Good work…unique site and interesting too… keep it up…looking forward for more updates,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2011
milanseedorf:

i uninstalled a program from my computer and i noticed that my desktop icons where covered with something like a white paper ,and my other system icons where replaced with the white paper.i have checked every setting and everything seems to be normal. i dont know what else to do. am using dell inspiron 64bit with windows 7 ultimate. any help pls

delete the icon
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2011
ssii:

I just installed Microsoft office and student 2010, its fully installed but would not open. The message says the side-by-side configuration is wrong. I had same problem trying to install yahoo messenger. What do I do? I just bought this MS edition with online download.

first did you save the download or you installed office straight away ?

try to unstalled the reinstall if you had save it

as per yahoo tell what was happening when you were trying to install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kunlay11: 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2011
pls i installed winning eleven 7&8 games on my windows 7 laptop and they installed, but if i launch them they will not display anything but will be talking.
Pls what should i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kennosman(m): 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2011
please i need mtn freedom settings, am ussing etisalat but its not working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oscarvicto(m): 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2011
greetings to the house, i have two questionI FORMATTED I MY HP DV5 VISTA LAPTOP RECENTLY, AND BLUE SCREEN KEEPS COMING UP, WHAT DOES IT MEAN. THE BLUE SCREEN JUST KEEPS SHOWING BLUE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:14pm On Oct 05, 2011
oscarvicto:

greetings to the house, i have two questionI FORMATTED I MY HP DV5 VISTA LAPTOP RECENTLY, AND BLUE SCREEN KEEPS COMING UP, WHAT DOES IT MEAN. THE BLUE SCREEN JUST KEEPS SHOWING BLUE
Yeah, we know blue screen are blue in color. Can you tell us the error message on the blue screen? Why did you format your laptop? Was it having some hard disk problem or something?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bayoigbekele(m): 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2011
If i charge my toshiba laptop and it full. It quickly discharge when i use it. It doen't lasted for 30minutes. Pls somebody tell me want wrong
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Image123(m): 10:59am On Oct 06, 2011
I'm not too familiar with this section, hope this is the right thread?
Just got this universal modem as it seems the gsm networks are going into some interesting competition. So i thought it's plug &play universal, just fix SIM and start browsing. So it's plug& play alright in the sense of drivers installation. But i put different simcards, it's saying
[720]A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection.
Please what am i to do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2011
Bayo igbekele:

If i charge my toshiba laptop and it full. It quickly discharge when i use it. It doen't lasted for 30minutes. Pls somebody tell me want wrong
batteries dont last for ever

battery has reached its life cycle get a new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:32am On Oct 07, 2011
Image123:

I'm not too familiar with this section, hope this is the right thread?
Just got this universal modem as it seems the gsm networks are going into some interesting competition. So i thought it's plug &play universal, just fix SIM and start browsing. So it's plug& play alright in the sense of drivers installation. But i put different simcards, it's saying

[720]A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection.
Please what am i to do?

Please what am i to do?

Since is a universal internet Modem, you thought you could put any Sim card just like a mobile phone does.

My recommedation is to ring MTN support staff, they 're trained technical support agents and are much

better than myself or anybody else. They know there product in and out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crowntessy: 11:17am On Oct 07, 2011
Pls A̶̲̥̅♏ having with charging my laptop, it does not charge nd d charger is okay but whenever  remove d battery nd. Connect d charger it start blinking.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 1:41am On Oct 09, 2011
crowntessy:

Pls A̶̲̥̅♏ having with charging my laptop, it does not charge nd d charger is okay but whenever  remove d battery nd. Connect d charger it start blinking.
seems like your battery is no longer holding charge. You need to buy a new battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tundesto(m): 10:51am On Oct 09, 2011
My Avast anti-virus expired sometimes in July I tried uninstalling it so that I can install another but could not. I kept on using it till today when someone gave me a link to remove it. After removing it, I tried to install new avast I bought. I later scan my system with the anti-virus to see that many files have been infected. Before the scanning complete, my battery went dead and when the light comes I could not boot my laptop again. Here is the information I get "Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details."
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Image123(m): 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
deji2009:

Since is a universal internet Modem, you thought you could put any Sim card just like a mobile phone does.

My recommedation is to ring MTN support staff, they 're trained technical support agents and are much

better than myself or anybody else. They know there product in and out.

It's not an mtn modem, are they that nice? Another thing is to call them for hours only for it to disconnect, or for them not to be helpful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 9:03am On Oct 10, 2011
Morning people, I have a dv6000 HP laptop tht comes on wen I power button but thtz all it does. d screen does not display, its just the lite on d power dt jst shows it on even d lite 2 identify tht d ram is running doesn't come on as well. I also noticed tht normally wen I power on the laptop the lite tht indicates d caps lock is on blinks but since I has DZ problem tht hz NT been d case, I hv tried removing n replacing both hard drive n ram but still nothing, any ideas pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:29am On Oct 10, 2011
baani:

Morning people, I have a dv6000 HP laptop tht comes on wen I power button but thtz all it does. d screen does not display, its just the lite on d power dt jst shows it on even d lite 2 identify tht d ram is running doesn't come on as well. I also noticed tht normally wen I power on the laptop the lite tht indicates d caps lock is on blinks but since I has DZ problem tht hz NT been d case, I hv tried removing n replacing both hard drive n ram but still nothing, any ideas pls

For your observations, find http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/07/28/hp.laptops.with.nvidia/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2011
deji2009:

For your observations, find http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/07/28/hp.laptops.with.nvidia/

THX but I dnt c how DZ will help MI, for one ma warranty has expired n na naija I dey. U n I knw perfectly well dt such replacement doesn't actually help, any more ideas pls, I rilly nid dt system up n running prompto
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2011
baani:

THX but I dnt c how DZ will help MI, for one ma warranty has expired n na naija I dey. U n I knw perfectly well dt such replacement doesn't actually help, any more ideas pls, I rilly nid dt system up n running prompto

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 12:48am On Oct 11, 2011
baani:

i would say try finding an external monitor first and plug it into your laptop to see if its a display issue. also by any chance have you opened the laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 12:50am On Oct 11, 2011
tundesto:

My Avast anti-virus expired sometimes in July I tried uninstalling it so that I can install another but could not. I kept on using it till today when someone gave me a link to remove it. After removing it, I tried to install new avast I bought. I later scan my system with the anti-virus to see that many files have been infected. Before the scanning complete, my battery went dead and when the light comes I could not boot my laptop again. Here is the information I get "Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details."
you will need the operating system disc that came with your computer

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_install/logon-process-initialization-failure/f98c6986-4ce5-44fd-a9ef-99b9c1fa2e36

check the link for what to do good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 7:43am On Oct 11, 2011
please i need help with my berowsers. after i uswed it for about one week, tried using it again, wasn't connecting. i think a program changed my browser settings, and now none of them is able to conect. i have tried doing system restore, but it didnt restore. i disabled my firewall, it still didnt connect. so please, does any one know how i could change my browser settings for it to work?

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (1231) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.