Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,944 members, 7,963,001 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1336436 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2009
moh:

hi !!! pls i just got this new laptop, hp touch screen with finger print.
but i really dnt knw wat i have tampered with dat i ca no longer the
keyboard on the system but only the 1 on the screen dat i can use
pls i need help on wat to do.
tanx

I am sorry to hear this moh. I had a customer a while ago with the same issue.

Next time, could you please specify make and model of your computer.

I'm guessing is a tablet Notebook PC. I love HP so much

you are not alone sir/madam. This is a known issue

The way to fix it is to u[b]nplug any power source and also remove the battery[/b].
Hold the power button in the "On" position for [b]30 second[/b]s.
Plug the battery and power cord back in and it should work.

Could you please let me know
how you get on as this re-enforce
what have already know and
increases my knowledge in
becoming a better tec.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2009
tinu.tayo:

Pls engineers in the house, my hp laptop keyboard doesnt respond again and sometimes the '\' key presses down

Would you please explain in more details ?

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:30pm On Dec 04, 2009
TheSeeker:

Find the PRNTSCRN button on your keyboard, press it once. Open Microsoft Word and paste it there, save and you're done. But if you have some imaging software, you can paste it directly on them and save as a picture

There you go @poster. He has said it all.
follow what he said and you"ll be laughing.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skelel: 8:42am On Dec 05, 2009
My dell laptop used 2 overheat den it suddenly stopped working. Wat is d likely fault
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:47am On Dec 05, 2009
Skelel:

My dell laptop used 2 overheat den it suddenly stopped working. Wat is d likely fault

How do you mean is stopped working, could you give an example ?

e.g. wont turn on,black screen etc

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tinutayo1: 12:12am On Dec 06, 2009
deji2009:

Would you please explain in more details ?

what am saying is that i'm not able to use my laptop keyboard again. thou the touchpad is still working.
thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fennels007(m): 12:29am On Dec 06, 2009
my hp530 laptop doesn't use shortcut like, ctrl c for copy, ctrl v for paste, ctrl x, ctrl A and the rest. it doesn't accept any short cut at all. i don't know what the problem is, pls, kindly help me out. my mail fennels007@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opes: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
bros,pls i was given a notebook,everything was in japaness language so i tried to format it to english but it was not working.the model is SONY VGN-P61s It has 1G and 32 gb.a technician told me the hard drive is not good again,but another technician said nothing happened to the hard drive but everytime i on it,it will read ''OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND''.somebody told me that it can never be re-formatted to english, pls how can you help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
U nid 2 explain properly. Hav u formatted it already? Or is dt d way u were given? Did u meet a os on it? Which 1? Explain precisely. Hw were u given? In wat state was it? Wat did u do 2 it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lightwalk(m): 12:00am On Dec 15, 2009
wassup 4llerbe. You later collect that thing from DualCore?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opes: 12:59am On Dec 15, 2009
@4llerbuntu.it was given brand new.it was using window xp.i tried to format it using window 7 but nothing worked.before,if i on it,the window will be opened and displayed normal,just that everything was in japanesse but after i tried re-formatting using window 7,if i on it again,it will display ''OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND''.i contacted a service center but they asked for recovery disk which i don't have,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 8:26am On Dec 15, 2009
@opes shocked
Brand new?? I wonder what happened. Did you actually reformat it. If you did. Did the computer somehow fall down. Try booting your system using an xp cd. Then try to repair using the recovery console. instead of install windows xp now. on the command prompt. CHeck your disk using chkdsk /f /r C:
if an error occurs then it's not seeing your hard drive
Then Try fixmbr
after that try chkdsk /f /r C: again. If it runs, restart your system and try booting again.
Also try and check if your hard disk is detected from your BIOS. Goodluck smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by opes: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2009
@skydancer. thanks for ur input,i will try the advice.i pray i can be able to change the OS to english.i read this (link below) and seems not possible

http://vcl.vaio.sony.co.jp/qa/frequent/english/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2009
Good day 2 you all. I need help with my system. Anytime I try to boot it up with the battery attached it never boots beyond "type ur password". It doesn't matter if it is plugged to the mains or not it occurs as long as the battery is in place. If however I remove the battery and plug the lapi to the adaptor it works perfectly well. The funny thing is that if I remove the battery and boot it up plugged to the adaptor, if I now insert the battery whatever I'm doing on the system hangs at that point and I will have to remove the battery and reboot without it. Any ideas? This one wey lapi wan turn desk top I dont understand.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
Good day 2 you all. I need help with my system. Anytime I try to boot it up with the battery attached it never boots beyond "type ur password". It doesn't matter if it is plugged to the mains or not it occurs as long as the battery is in place. If however I remove the battery and plug the lapi to the adaptor it works perfectly well. The funny thing is that if I remove the battery and boot it up plugged to the adaptor, if I now insert the battery whatever I'm doing on the system hangs at that point and I will have to remove the battery and reboot without it. Any ideas? This one wey lapi wan turn desk top I dont understand.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Evans4hetty(m): 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2009
hello
pls i need windows product key for vista,i use dell inspiron e1405.i ve just 3 days left ur irgent reply n assistance will be very appreciated .
evans
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ lightwalk yes i did o! that man just dey perform. DC for president 2011, lol

@opes, i truly fail to know what the link is between the language and the pc. cos if u install a fresh os, u choose the language it will be in ke? or even at that if u get anor pc with the same os beside it so u can navigate to language options u change it to whichever 1 u want!! as long as the os has the pack for it! abi the bios sef na japanese?

even that one sef u fit update the bios to anor one for the same lapie maybe the language dey different

what i tink is check the bios if truly its seeing the hard disk, if it does, do the fixmbr thingy.

if it doesnt, try to remove the hard drive and put it back in, at times it may fall or hit some thing and shake.

seems thogh u may have to stick to xp, should in case na the win7 dey worry am. but that one sef is not really likely
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2009
Sweetdoct247:

Good day 2 you all. I need help with my system. Anytime I try to boot it up with the battery attached it never boots beyond "type your password". It doesn't matter if it is plugged to the mains or not it occurs as long as the battery is in place. If however I remove the battery and plug the lapi to the adaptor it works perfectly well. The funny thing is that if I remove the battery and boot it up plugged to the adaptor, if I now insert the battery whatever I'm doing on the system hangs at that point and I will have to remove the battery and reboot without it. Any ideas? This one wey lapi wan turn desk top I dont understand.
I think your battery drivers might be having some problems or something you installed is causing a conflict. Try and boot in safe mode and give us a feedback

Evans4hetty:

hello
pls i need windows product key for vista,i use dell inspiron e1405.i ve just 3 days left your irgent reply n assistance will be very appreciated .
evans
Send me your email at tellpatacee@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2009
@skydancer
yea I started the lapi in safe mode and it works perfectly well even with the battery in place.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 10:47am On Dec 16, 2009
Sweetdoct247:

yea I started the lapi in safe mode and it works perfectly well even with the battery in place.
i suspect ur battery driver is corrupt
in safe mode start your device manager (start -> run type devmgmt.msc)
under batteries uninstall the battery driver (the entry that shows battery)
then restart in normal mode (windows should reinstall your driver for you), let's know if your problem is fixed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by glamourtop: 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2009
Engr, thanks for assisiting people thru this forum, Pls I have this Toshiba Centrino which the hard disk is 60g n I discovered that have of the disk has been used, I tried formatting it but all to no avail, window will only install on it and it will not format it, pls what can I do over this, ? Also how much will the battery of TOSHIBA CENTRINO COST, ? THANX
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2009
tell us, how do you try to format your hard disk? is it when you are running windows or from the installation cd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 10:53am On Dec 17, 2009
@blackweaver
Yea I did that and d lapi is now working well both on battery and when plugged to mains. Thanks a million.
Another thing however is the sound. It's not working but when I connect an external sound card and connect a speaker it works well, what could be d cause of that? The inbuilt speakers are ok, I've tested them. I just changed the windows from xp to vista premium and have had a sound driver installed so I dont know why it's still not working.
The system also came with an inbuilt bluetooth but ever since I've changed the windows I've not been able to use it, I tried to install the bluetooth driver that came with it but it's saying it's incompatible with d version of windows what can I do? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 11:42am On Dec 17, 2009
The icons on my desktop are permanently highlighted, how can i un-highlight them?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 8:06am On Dec 18, 2009
Sweetdoct247:

@blackweaver
Yea I did that and d lapi is now working well both on battery and when plugged to mains. Thanks a million.
Another thing however is the sound. It's not working but when I connect an external sound card and connect a speaker it works well, what could be d cause of that? The inbuilt speakers are ok, I've tested them. I just changed the windows from xp to vista premium and have had a sound driver installed so I dont know why it's still not working.
The system also came with an inbuilt bluetooth but ever since I've changed the windows I've not been able to use it, I tried to install the bluetooth driver that came with it but it's saying it's incompatible with d version of windows what can I do? Thanks
Did you upgrade or install a new operating system. If you installed a new operating system and you've deleted your windows xp, you will have to download the drivers or install it from the original dvd your pc came with. As for the bluetooth stuff, windows vista automatically installs bluetooth devices but you may not be seeing it. Are you sure the switch is on on your laptop. If you are sure, try typing this in your run window:
'bthprops.cpl' without the quotes. If it brings out a window where you can see your bluetooth configuration, then the driver is installed. Just configure it to always show on your tray. If it's not showing, open device manager (run 'devmgmt.msc') without the quotes and confirm whether it is installed. iF there's an item showing with a question mark, then one or more of the system's drivers are not installed. Just give me a feedback and I'll find links for you.

nearest:

The icons on my desktop are permanently highlighted, how can i un-highlight them?
Are u on XP or vista. If you are on XP then follow the following steps:
> Right click on the Desktop and select 'Arrange Icons By'
> Make sure that a check mark is not by 'Lock Web Items on Desktop'.
> Then right click on the Desktop and select Properties.
> Then click Desktop tab > Customize Desktop button> Web tab>
> make sure that nothing is checked in the Web pages: windows and that Lock web items is not checked.

Then type sysdm.cpl in your run window and press enter.
Go to Advanced Tab > Performance Settings
> Check use drop shadows. Click ok.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2009
@ glamourtop, try using a 3rd party disk mgt tool 2 format d drive AFTER RUNNING A DRIVE DIAGNOSTIC UTILITY and verifing dt d drive is still ok.

I cant remember windows progs 4 dt too well but i think partition magic is an option 4 d tool. Diagnostics i dunno. Ask deji 2000 or one of d gurus around
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by walesbanks(m): 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2009
PLS I HAVE PROBLEM UNISTALLING COREL 11 FROM MY SYSTEM. I HAVE UNINSTALLED IT THE NORMAL WAY BY GOING THROUGH THE CONTROL PANEL, BUT IT IS STILL SHOWING ON MY PROGRAMME AND FEATURES LIST. i TRIED DELETING BUT IT WONT GO. i WENT TO DRIVE 'C' AND I DELETED IT TOTALLY FROM THERE, BUT IT IS STILL SHOWING ON THE  PROGRAMME LIST.
WHAT DO I DO TO REMOVE IT TOTALLY?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dwind: 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2009
I can't remove anything from my start menu, i can't also open the file i download. even if i do what i will see is (not win32 file. help me resolve this problem thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ossaifamous(m): 10:26pm On Dec 18, 2009
My Problem is that my own laptop can not play some cds well and won't play some at all. It is new and its operating system is vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ossaifamous(m): 11:02pm On Dec 18, 2009
My Problem is that my own laptop can not play some cds well and won't play some at all. It is new and its operating system is vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by osmaah(m): 11:48am On Dec 19, 2009
hi guys am new to computer so pardon me. my engineer formatted my my hard drive so i lost everything, but my sound, wireless, lan card, touch pad in short everything are not working again. pls where can i get the driver 2 reinstall? my brand is: SONY VAIO, model: VGN-BX51XP. pls guys i need ur help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (1233) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.