Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,954 members, 7,963,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 01:44 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1336480 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xsay(m): 9:13am On Jan 11, 2010
Thank u all for d input
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eleshin(m): 11:12am On Jan 11, 2010
the mouse of my laptop is malfuntioning,this usually occur when i connect my modem which is multilinks fone to my laptop.its always very hard for me to control it nd the thing is always moving itself.pls nlanders wat can i do rectify it.it only happens when i connect it to my modem,it usually work very fine when it is not connected.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bodik(m): 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2010
Hello Nlanders,
Whenever i start my computer my documents opens along with it and i usually close everything before shutting down the system, i have run symantec live update and the problem persists.
Need your help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:32pm On Jan 11, 2010
bodik:

Hello Nlanders,
Whenever i start my computer my documents opens along with it and i usually close everything before shutting down the system, i have run symantec live update and the problem persists.
Need your help.

dude which planet u come from, change your antivirus, u have autoruns on ur laptop.

i am no antivirus guru, but u can try avira. they have a free version that does ok, its not heavy on system resources, and u will not need any crack or key. google for it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidyke77(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2010
my laptop characters suddenly turns faint instead of bold and bright it used to be,what can i do to solve this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DayTrader: 11:21pm On Jan 11, 2010
4llerbuntu:

dude which planet u come from, change your antivirus, u have autoruns on your laptop.

i am no antivirus guru, but u can try avira. they have a free version that does ok, its not heavy on system resources, and u will not need any crack or key. google for it.

Just remember b/4 u installed a new anti-virus program un-install the old one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2010
altavista:

Please help! The colour on my desktop monitor (DELL) (XP professional SP2) is now faded and appears in a very dull light blueish-green hue. It used to be a very deep and sharp blue before and the problem started 3 days ago. If I look at an image that I know has the color red in it - it will look like a blue-green - All the colours are now pale & washed out. In fact, the true colour of all images is now distorted becos of this problem. I have adjusted the display settings but still the problem persists. What do I do, please? cry

Like the tecs have said.

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:16pm On Jan 12, 2010
chidyke77:

my laptop characters suddenly turns faint instead of bold and bright it used to be,what can i do to solve this.

There are lots of font such as office, firefox etc.

could you tell us more on what the problem is.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2010
bodik:

Hello Nlanders,
Need your help.

This usually is because Windows is telling the file to open, 1 way or another. First look in your start up folder which

is usually in c:\documents and settings\all users(or your particular user name, look in both places)\start

Menu\programs\Startup If you see the particular file in there either delete it or move somewhere else.

The second is alot more tricky. Run MSCONFIG. and check the startup tab. The files in there are most likely the

culprit. Be careful, if you don't know what it is either leave it alone or google it before taking the check out of the

box. you don't want to surf with your firewall and anti-virus turned off. Norton need a removal tool to to be completely remove

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
eleshin:

the mouse of my laptop is malfuntioning,this usually occur when i connect my modem which is multilinks fone to my laptop.its always very hard for me to control it nd the thing is always moving itself.pls nlanders wat can i do rectify it.it only happens when i connect it to my modem,it usually work very fine when it is not connected.

Your palm might be brushing on the touch pad while you are typing that is probably why the cursor jumps to a different

location. as for disabling the touch pad I think that it is not possible unless you install a synaptics driver

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers for your laptops touch pad. before doing this please try below.

To force a recalibration of the touchpad, Press all four keys at the corners of the keyboard at the same time,

pressing the fnkey last, while keeping your fingers off the touchpad. hold the right arrow end key, the frame key, the escape

key, then momentarily press the function key, releasing in any order. If that doesn't work, you may have to shutdown the computer (not just reboot), then restart.

If no joy

Go to mouse

Go to pointer options

Uncheck enhance pointer precision

Apply

Alternatively

click on the mouse icon

a mouse propertie's box will pop up, click on device setting's

under device setting's highlight your touchpad in the device box

then click disable and apply it before exiting try using external mouse.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidyke77(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2010
@deji it affected all the font on my laptop both d browers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
chidyke77:

@deji it affected all the font on my laptop both d browers.

Thanks for your prompt reply. in other for me and my colleagues to

have a good idea on what this is. we need to see an evidence so as

to recive the right advice. ok try typing on a notepad or open up a web browser

then press Prsc sysrq key on your keyboard this will copy the font save it then attach

it here so we can see what this is as am struggling to give you advice/diagnostics

or you can use a camera to take picture as an evidence. Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidyke77(m): 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
@deji d screenshot refused to be uploaded afta taking it. D system is Dell inspiron,am trying to reformat it bt d F8 mode on d keyboard didnt take me to d restore to factory settings. What other way cn i do the reformating?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funlover1(m): 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2010
My yahoo messenger is messed up. whenever i try to chat the chat message is not displayed in the chat box, neither do i see d chat message from the person i am chatting with in the chat box
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 3:59pm On Jan 13, 2010
4llerbuntu:

task bar or task manager

anyways if its task manager:

click start, run then type the following string or better copy and paste

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

OR

download his reg fix and run it: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/reg/EnableTM.reg

note if u try to put that link in mozilla and it opens in notepad, figure out how to download it, or else use a download mgr.
4llerbuntu, you are just perfect for this job. I made a mistake and typed taskbar while havin mind to type taskmanager yet you were able to ignore my mistakes but still proceeded to profer a solution to my proble. I didnt bother to download on the link because I started with the sytax you wrote down which did it instantly via copy and paste into the mentioned area and a lightning speed black flash came up and that was all. Thanks all.  grin cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2010
chidyke77:

@deji d screenshot refused to be uploaded afta taking it. D system is Dell inspiron,am trying to reformat it bt d F8 mode on d keyboard didnt take me to d restore to factory settings. What other way cn i do the reformating?

Ok. Here's a simple link on how to do. http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows/print-screen/
only takes few seconds. just take your time if not then a recovery would be next step.

F8 sometime fail to come up with repair your computer, This need pressing hard and continiously

without stopping until you see advance option and select repair your computer then >> choose

system restore or safe mode then start all programmes, acessories, system tools and system restore.

I wont recommed recovery bit too early. Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2010
fun lover:

My yahoo messenger is messed up. whenever i try to chat the chat message is not displayed in the chat box, neither do i see d chat message from the person i am chatting with in the chat box

Dear Fun lover,

There are many known issues with messengers such as yahoo, Msn, skype et cetera.

Instant messengers providers have online Help and support where you can see FAQ's.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messenger/   Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
RuuDie (m)
  Re: Post Your Computer Troubles Here.
« #605 on: January 01, 2010, 02:28 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what could be the possible cause of this (*see attached picture below*) - when folder icon is right-clicked in win-explorer, where do those two extra items on the context menu (*circled in red*) come from 

Dear Ruudie,

you recently enquired about an issue quoted above. I and my colleagues would like to

know how you get on. I and others excitedly look forward to your reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:22pm On Jan 13, 2010
Hello DayTrader. I saw one of your post earlier. I like to say I really learn alots

Regards

Deji Sunday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Odiale: 9:01pm On Jan 13, 2010
« #222 on: August 31, 2009, 12:44 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@stancozy, BSOD screen is similar to below. it wont just display blue screen it will tell you what the erros is. just take a look at the one below. we need to be specific

@deji2009, with regards to this problem of blue screen, mine was telling me to check the hard disk for virus corrution. Please how can this be done.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:03pm On Jan 13, 2010
Odiale:

« #222 on: August 31, 2009, 12:44 PM »

@stancozy, BSOD screen is similar to below. it wont just display blue screen it will tell you what the erros is. just take a look at the one below. we need to be specific

@deji2009, with regards to this problem of blue screen, mine was telling me to check the hard disk for virus corrution. Please how can this be done.

Dear Odiale,

We need the actual wording without adding or omitting anything. what can you see on the screen.

It will give an error code such as 0x0000c1022A. I and my collegues need to know this so as

to point you to the right direction. Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Spellcheck(m): 11:02am On Jan 14, 2010
HI MY CD-ROM JUST STOPED WORKING FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW, FIRST IT STARTED BY SELECTING DISC PLATE NOW IT ISNT RUNNING AT ALL, ANYWAY
TO GO ABOUT IT?

iy.dnero@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2010
@cd rom- off hand id say d drive is goosed n u need a new one. anyway for wat its worth u can try cleaning d lens. to do that i suggest u get a cotton stick like d type used for cleaning ur ears. eject d drive n gently use d stick 2 clean d lens. dont use methylated spirit cos if it gets into the lens decoder its bye bye. unless u can manage to make d stick slightly dry n make sure not a single drop of excess moisture gets past d lens
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2010
@spellcheck if it's a desktop my advice is to buy a new cd drive; the wahala involved in opening it up to clean it is not worth it - if you could have done that you probably would have done so before consulting NL dvd writers (at least non- blueray ones) cost well under 10k nowaydays
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidyke77(m): 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2010
deji2009:

Ok. Here's a simple link on how to do. http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows/print-screen/
only takes few seconds. just take your time if not then a recovery would be next step.

F8 sometime fail to come up with repair your computer, This need pressing hard and continiously

without stopping until you see advance option and select repair your computer then >> choose

system restore or safe mode then start all programmes, acessories, system tools and system restore.

I wont recommed recovery bit too early. Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
i got it restored back to factory settings before the problem could be over,now the font are normal but i would have love to know the cause inorder to avoid it next time. could it be a virus attack coz my anti virus has never detected any virus since i started using it unlike my former AVG that used to remind me of an attack?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kason121(m): 8:01am On Jan 15, 2010
HI MY CD-ROM JUST STOPED WORKING FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW, FIRST IT STARTED BY SELECTING DISC PLATE NOW IT ISNT RUNNING AT ALL, ANYWAY
TO GO ABOUT IT?

iy.dnero@yahoo.com[quote][/quote]

The lens is weak and the best advice is to get a new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by farry: 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2010
Hi, i have password problem with my Dell D600 laptop, i lost d password n i nid 2 bypass d administrative password. it uses floppy disk, no CD-ROM, n dat makes it difficult 2 format. i've done all i could, i even entered thru safe mode, but it still promptin username and password. Pls i don't know if there's any way u can help. It's microsoft windows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:13pm On Jan 15, 2010
farry:

Hi, i have password problem with my Dell D600 laptop, i lost d password n i nid 2 bypass d administrative password. it uses floppy disk, no CD-ROM, n dat makes it difficult 2 format. i've done all i could, i even entered thru safe mode, but it still promptin username and password. Pls i don't know if there's any way u can help. It's microsoft windows. 

Dear farry,

I am sorry to hear this however it is possible to sort this out. Is a windows password isn't it ?

In practice i would have rectify this by using 3rd party software. I can appreciate your enquiry however

I and others cannot be hold responsible for any damages cause during or after. as a result I suggest you

take it to a technician or google windows password recovery. Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:20pm On Jan 15, 2010
kason121:

TO GO ABOUT IT?

iy.dnero@yahoo.com

The lens is weak and the best advice is to get a new one

Dear kason121,

I would recommend following tecs advice. buy a new drive and ask a technician to install it for you.

If you are confident enough you can do it by yourself by following  BOOKLET instructions that came with it.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by toluh(f): 11:40pm On Jan 15, 2010
Pls your help neede. my laptop of less than 6 months is having battery problems. the battery says 100% but once the charger is unplugged, in less than 5 minutes the system goes off. when you try to boot it starts saying something like system repair which takes like 30minutes. plllllllllllllllsssssssss somebody help

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (1233) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.