Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,615 members, 7,962,005 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12503278 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11615) (11616) (11617) (11618) (11619) (11620) (11621) ... (16726) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
Danielnino00:

Beyond,another convert grin

Elyte89, kindly welcome brother Yomi to the club...he has seen the light grin

Highly welcomed grin grin remain truidstar and johnbullmyson grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
Like play like play Danjuma go become important player for Netherlands ,his Villarreal move and good form is really paying off

When I said if the guy is better than our wingers many people say na lie grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2021
Mujtahida:

Too many errors. Especially from Ekong.
When I talked about Ekong not being composed hence I rate him below Awaziem and Balogun, Andrew no let me drink water keep cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
COOL10:
Am I the only one who noticed that Ejuke lost the ball like five times?

He lost the ball twice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Akpoguma is a cb normally nah ,because say he Dey play RB this days no mean say e no be CB

The big question can Awaziem or Akpogunma do it well in 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 formation cos have seen the duo performing extremely well in 3-5-2.

If I have my way I will pair Balogun and Awaziem or Akpogunma cos I still see Balogun as our best CB.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2021
solonnachi:
Nigeria just needs a draw against Cape Verde to qualify for the next round. Why am I this jittery especially with the performance of our boys today? Was it not the same draw we needed to qualify against Angola at the Sanni Abacha stadium, Kano in 2006 World cup qualifier that became an eye sore when they beat us 1-0. After today's match, I have been asking myself if really we can make it.

I understand that in today's match, Rohr didn't want to be too adventurous but his conservative style killed today's game. So many back passes which we should never try with Cape Verde.

Needed a draw to qualify then ,Angola game was never the last game nah

We don already looseguard tay tay before the last day ,I remember Angola free kick goal from figuredo the number 7 or so grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2021
charlesemeka85:
your mentions are based on hate and bias

Iwobi is the most maligned player in the current super eagles here

Osimehn’s qualities are their for all to see so you are nobody to say he is overhyped when top football coaches and enthusiasts have already taken notice of his potentials as well as tip him for the very top

Chuks is one of the most productive super eagles players currently and a main stay in the team as wel as valuable to Villarreal

So oga carry your hate and chest pain enter bush!
Baba temper your opinions with the salt of civility na. Walahi I'm surprised when I read the way you hurl invectives sometimes needlessly as if you are angry by default. You posted your pictures the other day and one can see you are a mature man. I hate to make interventions such as this because I'm nobody's moral police here but I reckon that if others run wild here, it should not be you. Person dey pass something. You are an old hand here. Na beg I dey beg you.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2021
Curtisaxel10:
Top three most overrated players in the SE now.

1. Alex Iwobi
2. Samuel Chukwueze
3. Victor Osimhen

Take it or leave it.

You speaking out of emotion these three have proved their worth on our team. Osimhen also has the highest goals to games ratio in the Eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kog45:
The big question can Awaziem or Akpogunma do it well in 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 formation cos have seen the duo performing extremely well in 3-5-2.

If I have my way I will pair Balogun and Awaziem or Akpogunma cos I still see Balogun as our best CB.

Balogun akpoguma for me if I am the coach

Time will tell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
Emmanuel Dennis has the second most nutmegs in Europe

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
Samueltemi337:
You guys keep complaining that we are getting really bad as a team every single time and yet we are qualifying for tournaments with ease

This makes me wonder

At times Dey try tell yourself the truth

Na so una qualify for last world cup go disgrace Africa

Ordinary ekuke Argentina you guys cannot with your defenders playing like chickens grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
Curtisaxel10:

1. Alex Iwobi
2. Samuel Chukwueze
3. Victor Osimhen

Take it or leave it.

They are not overrated, especially .Victor Osirishen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Like play like play Danjuma go become important player for Netherlands ,his Villarreal move and good form is really paying off

When I said if the guy is better than our wingers many people say na lie grin
Andrew don't be surprised that under Rohr Danjuma might not be better..I just hope Lookman come good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kog45:

We have tried all the formations 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 and everything else in between still no pattern no discernable philosophy seems to underline our football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2021
Oasis001:
Awaziem and Balogun CB Combo won't be bad. Ekong has lost it, too prone to Errors.

#RohrOut
when I said it today before the match they almost came for my head. Ekong has no confidence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kog45:
Andrew don't be surprised that under Rohr Danjuma might not be better..I just hope Lookman come good.

Hmmm rohr sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2021
Subzero047:
Emmanuel Dennis has the second most nutmegs in Europe

Meaningless statistics
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2021
Samueltemi337:
You guys keep complaining that we are getting really bad as a team every single time and yet we are qualifying for tournaments with ease

This makes me wonder
lol... You do have a solid point. This is the first time since Rohr took over that we'll be waiting for the final match to qualify, normally we qualify with a game or two to spare. Unlike Nigeria of before where everyone of us was into permutations and combinations plus using calculators
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
The point about arguing and throwing insults is this: it is deep down a form of cowardice and ill breeding. When interacting and arguing with people face to face, we generally do not become insulting. But we take advantage of the anonymity of the internet to spew insults when interacting on social media with people we don't know when in reality it is people we don't know that we often respect the most.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2021
Ppogbae:

Meaningless statistics

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2021
See ehn, if I'm Aina, I won't accept another call up to the national team.. I might just fake an injury... The guy has suffered under Rohr... I'm not such a big fan of his because of his ability to lose concentration in games, but c'mon, he is a natural wingback.. the best wingback in the team..And in a game where you deployed wingback,you keep him on the bench and start Collins, a natural left back and Simon, a winger over him.... Rohr is wasting that guy time...

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2021
elyte89:

Highly welcomed grin grin remain truidstar and johnbullmyson grin
The match was an eyesore no doubt. Lethargic display..did the players have an orgy last night? I still dey Rohr side no shaking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
Samueltemi337:

This makes me wonder

You can occasionally scrap out good results by playing rubbish like our team currently is, but when the stakes are high and you face a real opponent,that's when you will understand that performance matters a lot..
By all indications, this team is regressing under Rohr...the man has lost clue of how to organise the team...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2021
Curtisaxel10:

1. Alex Iwobi
2. Samuel Chukwueze
3. Victor Osimhen

Take it or leave it.

I agree with no 1 and 2 wholeheartedly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2021
Wetin Ivory coast self dey play! I don't understand all these so called professionals. Playing as if nothing is at stake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2021
5 years and we are still building.
Even if na tower of Babel... E suppose don complete reach heaven now.

I come in peace.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
Mujtahida:
The point about arguing and throwing insults is this: it is deep down a form of cowardice and ill breeding. When interacting and arguing with people face to face, we generally do not become insulting. But we take advantage of the anonymity of the internet to spew insults when interacting on social media with people we don't know when in reality it is people we don't know that we often respect the most.

Words on marble
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
Danielnino00:
See ehn, if I'm Aina, I won't accept another call up to the national team.. I might just fake an injury... The guy has suffered under Rohr... I'm not such a big fan of his because of his ability to lose concentration in games, but c'mon, he is a natural wingback.. the best wingback in the team..And in a game where you deployed wingback,you keep him on the bench and start Collins, a natural left back and Simon, a winger over him.... Rohr is wasting that guy time...

Thank you for saying this

But it won’t be right for him to reject call up sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Needed a draw to qualify then ,Angola game was never the last game nah

We don already looseguard tay tay before the last day ,I remember Angola free kick goal from figuredo the number 7 or so grin
yeah I remember the ball slip under Enyeama (could have done better) and entered. That 2006 world cup qualification failure pain me enter bone. Then some pastors were prophesying that Nigeria will still play the world cup despite not qualifying grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
Too all people complaining. This team is playing safe controlled football just to qualify for the next round. This is making up for the lack of quality in all round display. When the chips are down we will see what they have.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
owbabs:
Too all people complaining. This team is playing safe controlled football just to qualify for the next round. This is making up for the lack of quality in all round display. When the chips are down we will see what they have.

cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2021
Yann sommer was one of the top performer for Switzerland during Euro. .

Arsenal's defence couldn't contain leceister's forwards but Ramsdale was there to save them.

Can we count on Okoye to save the team at crucial times?

If na Ezenwa dey perform like Okoye, some people would be insulting him by now.
As jittery as Akpeyi is, I'm more comfortable with him than this Okoye.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11615) (11616) (11617) (11618) (11619) (11620) (11621) ... (16726) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dymusty86, ThanosKilla(m), TheSuperNerd(m), Amedino99(m), Lyster360(m), shawwal1(m) and 32 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.