Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,017 members, 7,960,250 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 03:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12484924 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) ... (16715) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

Please look for another reason why Chidi Nwakali flopped at Girona.

Don't relate it to Kayode. They are not on the same level.

Tell me the reason why the coach refused to even give Chidi Nwakali a minute in the team despite even being in a lower level of Spanish club football. Please I am waiting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I hope you know mark has levels.
Did you confirm the level I placed my own mark before you criticized it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

If you are good enough you will always make the cut.

Na wa. Are you saying there have never been bias by coaches in the history of football or you chose to feign ignorance to sell your point.

This is coming from the same person who uses the term "His Boys" anyhow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Tell me the reason why the coach refused to even give Chidi Nwakali a minute in the team despite even being in a lower level of Spanish club football. Please I am waiting.

Were you are the "drilling" grounds with them?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

Did you confirm the level I placed my own mark before you criticized it?

Did you read the term "Not just a mark" or you also chose to ignore it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

Were you are the "drilling" grounds with them?

Were you? You did not even write about the incident until I mentioned it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Na wa. Are you saying there have never been bias by coaches in the history of football or you chose to feign ignorance to sell your point.

This is coming from the same person who uses the term "His Boys" anyhow.

Hahaha a player confined to the bench for whole season?

There is a lot of difference. A coach can chose to invite only 'his boys' to camp to ensure only 'his boys' get to play.
Not when you are already in the squad and for a whole season not getting even a second to play. It simply means he fell way short of requirements.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Were you? You did not even write about the incident until I mentioned it.

Neither of us.

So how did you come about the conclusion that Chidi Nwakali was sidelined at Girona because he was black?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

Hahaha a player confined to the bench for whole season?

There is a lot of difference. A coach can chose to invite only 'his boys' to camp to ensure only 'his boys' get to play.
Not when you are already in the squad and for a whole season not getting even a second to play. It simply means he fell way short of requirements.

When it is a quality player who was about to make a debut for Manchester City and for half a season (note, not a whole season, Chidi joined Malaga after that). Such a player being denied a minute of football in a low tier is certainly bias, not short of requirements.

As I pointed out you have no backing. Just arguing.

If you believe his boys theory, then no need spraying the wrong ideology that if a player is good, he will make the cut. A lot of coaches are bias.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Did you read the term "Not just a mark" or you also chose to ignore it?

That's why i asked you if you understand what 'making a mark' means.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

Neither of us.

So how did you come about the conclusion that Chidi Nwakali was sidelined at Girona because he was black?

I have told you before. Mentioned it today. If Pellegrini, a coach with high coaching experience in Spain believed Chidi Nwakali was good enough for City, there is no way the same player in the same season will not be good enough for a minute in the second tier of Spain. Simple.

You have no logical argument to debate this but still persist.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

You said you hope he makes a mark. I said not just a mark but a brilliant one. So what is your problem?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

When it is a quality player who was about to make a debut for Manchester City and for half a season (note, not a whole season, Chidi joined Malaga after that). Such a player being denied a minute of football in a low tier is certainly bias, not short of requirements.

If you believe his boys theory, then no need spraying the wrong ideology that if a player is good, he will make the cut. A lot of coaches are bias.

'..about to make a debut for Manchester City' when?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

Your mark did not have levels. tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You said you hope he makes a mark. I said not just a mark but a brilliant one. So what is your problem?

See why I ask if you really understand what the word 'mark' is?

There is brilliance contained already in definition of 'making a mark' in the context in which I used it.

You think making a mark describes an average performance. But no. It also means being exceptional.

So adding 'but a brilliant one' is not necessary.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

See why I ask if you really understand what the word 'mark' is?

There is brilliance contained already in definition of 'making a mark' in the context in which I used it.

You think making a mark describes an average performance. But no. It also means being exceptional.

So adding 'but a brilliant one' is not necessary.

It is necessary a player can make a mark which is not stellar. A player can also make a stellar mark. So it is necessary. That is why I said not just a mark.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

'..about to make a debut for Manchester City' when?

Injury Stops Nwakali’s City Trip To US

Injury has forced out Chidiebere Nwakli, Nigeria’s U-20 midfielder, out of Manchester City’s pre season tour of the USA.

The big spending English Premiership side was expected to depart for the USA on Monday but Nwakali has informed that he was out of the party as a result of injury he copped during the team’s pre-season tour of neighbouring Scotland.

“I won’t be travelling with the team on Monday because of my injury but there is nothing much to worry about since I’m being well taken care of, he said.

http://uncova.com/super-eagles-transfer-gist-stories-on-nwakli-oshaniwa-mikel--azeez
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

oh really? Malaga? please how many games did he play in Malaga?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:02pm On Aug 20, 2017
jihday:
oh really? Malaga? please how many games did he play in Malaga?

Chidiebere Nwakali had a long term injury at Malaga. That was why he did not get a chance. Girona's case, he was fit throughout.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Injury Stops Nwakali’s City Trip To US

Injury has forced out Chidiebere Nwakli, Nigeria’s U-20 midfielder, out of Manchester City’s pre season tour of the USA.

The big spending English Premiership side was expected to depart for the USA on Monday but Nwakali has informed that he was out of the party as a result of injury he copped during the team’s pre-season tour of neighbouring Scotland.

“I won’t be travelling with the team on Monday because of my injury but there is nothing much to worry about since I’m being well taken care of, he said.

http://uncova.com/super-eagles-transfer-gist-stories-on-nwakli-oshaniwa-mikel--azeez

Pre-season tour.

I was talking about a competitive debute
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

Pre-season tour.

I was talking about a competitive debute

How did you expect him to make a debut in England without a work permit
?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
I always knew it was going to be tough for Tottenham at Wembley.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
johnjunior39:
Cyriel Drisser score again...
Now, that's my boy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2017
This Rabiu Ali guy don vex o. Another goal this time for Kano Pillars and it was a cracker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nazifi Yahaya(NPFL ALLSTARS) getting live NPFL action for Kano v Abia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
Players should not be seen on camera checking scores o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
Icon4s:

How old is the season that you are already making such conclusion.
In the national team you don't just throw players in at random.
but we need fit players to prosecute the Cameroon matches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2017
Tammy Abraham showed mettle against Man utd .

I expect him to dorn our jersey soonest.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
South Africa don't need CHAN.
Danielnino00:

The south African league is modelled after the European league (u know how they like to copy oyinbo). They just started the new season yesterday and most clubs refused to release players for the CHAN qualifier since it's not in FIFA calendar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2017
Daninya11:
Tammy Abraham showed mettle against Man utd .

I expect him to dorn our jersey soonest.
let's get dressiers first...
when tammy is ready to play for us...
we will know...he is very close to pinnick.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
Chidi Nwakali scores...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2017
Y nobody talking about V.MOSES

abi him no play today

(1) (2) (3) ... (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) ... (16715) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Oizee(f), Bannedlargejr and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.