Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,445 members, 7,961,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12496317 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) ... (16722) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2017
Nura is a RB...
Humility017:
yeah...same with the LB Nura Abdullahi in AS roma
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Nura is a RB...
ohhh...I thought he is a LB.

thanks for the correction
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I see Cameroon coming at us with full force. I still do not know what Broos thought when he pressed us high. That was a disaster approach. Even more surprising that Rohr expected it.

May be the South African loss created an illusion that we were weak. I expect Cameroon to come all out again and agree we should adopt the same approach. We should exploit gaps created when the press and send daggers to their hearts with accurate counters.
He took his strategy straight from the South African approach but failed to take note of Mikel and Moses. Bassagog said our approach confused them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ogu Expects ‘High Tempo’ Match, Eagles’ Victory In Yaounde
By Nurudeen Obalola in Yaounde

Super Eagles midfielder John Ogu is targeting what labels ‘a rare win’ over Cameroon in Yaounde on Monday, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Nigeria have not won a game away to Cameroon in 45 years, and the last time they played the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon in Doula in 1989, they lost by a lone goal.

In 1972, Nigeria edged Cameroon 2-1 in a friendly in Yaounde.

Ogu who was not yet born when the Eagles last won an away match against Cameroon, was an unused substitute in the 4-0 first leg win over the reigning African champions last Friday in Uyo.

He says the only way to break the long winless streak in Cameroon is for the Super Eagles to deliver another high-intensity game and consolidate their place at the summit of Group B.

Nigeria lead group B with nine points, five above second placed Zambia who travel to Constantine to face bottom placed Algeria. Cameroon are third with two points from three games.

“We are in Yaounde now and we hope to finish what we started in Uyo here,” Ogu told Completesportsnigeria.com.

“For sure the Cameroonians will come out to play to redeem their pride, but another high tempo game will see us win again. We have enough quality to beat them here in Yaounde.”

Nigeria are aiming for their sixth appearance at the FIFA World Cup since they first made their debut in 1994.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ogu-expects-high-tempo-match-eagles-victory-yaounde/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
OMANBALA1:
Yea, I know most of you have suddenly forgotten about the most gifted attacking midfielder we have right now,Joel Obi.....lol. Etebor might not even go to the world cup if we qualify....lol

i remember wen i was young.....
I taught this guy nd mikel were brothers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Geestunnar(m): 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Yes, but that Manchester United thread was opened in 2012. Football betting season 11 opened January this year. The momentum and traffic there is crazy.

Yeah, so true. The football betting thread always get loads of pages. I once followed it then.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Hey ladies and Gentlemen.... and Guests... grin Yes you! yooooouuu the guests... those number of guests who view this thread too.... we appreciate you.... Muuaaahhh.... grin

Plsss read this interview which I find finny because of Balogun's answer.... even now he doesn't wanna hurt anyone.... cheesy
..............................................................................................

Leon Balogun – It Would Have Been Hard To Opt For Nigeria If Germany Had Called Me Up

Super Eagles defender Leon Balogun said he has no regret and he feels proud playing for the Super Eagles of Nigeria even though he would have love to play for Germany.

Balogun made this assertion in an interview with OmaSports monitored by Owngoalnigeria.com when he was asked if he would have still opt for Nigeria if Germany has called him up same time as Nigeria.

Born in Germany to Nigerian parents, the Mainz 05 man who revealed he has always love the idea of playing for Nigeria since he was a kid, admitted that he would have probably quit international football if both nations have called him up almost the same time.

Popular Nigerian journalist Oma Akatugba who conducted the interview quizzed the Germany defender on if he would have still played for Nigeria, if Germany had called him up and his response showed his love for both nations.

” I can’t really tell because I’m very proud of both sides and for me while I was young and I was playing those video games, I always prefer to play with Nigeria”, Balogun told Omasports TV

“Because when you remember your first question how it was for me to grow up in Germany, you feel the difference sometimes, that’s what I said, and I think that is the point that connects me to Nigeria more because even though I’m German and Nigerian , that’s why you always have this strong connection to the other side.

” So this is very been difficult (to choose between both nations , if they had called him up same time) because as a footballer you want to be successful, and we don’t have to lie about it, Germany always have the assurance they’re going to go far.

“But this is a very good question because as I said in video games I always prefer Nigeria, I also had dreams of playing for the Super Eagles one day, of course with the successes in Nigeria, in Germany you see better opportunities.

” I can’t really tell you because I would have been proud to have the opportunity to play for both but if I had the choice to say Germany or Nigeria, I probably would have said I don’t want to hurt nobody. I’m staying out of both teams”.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/03/leon-balogun-it-would-have-been-hard-to-opt-for-nigeria-if-germany-had-called-me-up/

Fine article by Osas.

Liked Balogun's answer. Loves both sides of his roots. Attached to wanting Nigeria to win by highlighting preferring to play with Nigeria in his video games. (That shows where his heart truly lies) But, does not deny the opportunity of achieving great international Heights playing for Germany which makes it a tempting offer. Perfect answer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2017
safarigirl:
no be if Joel village people gree am go? Dude is so fragile, gets injured when it matters

Well,he has been stable lately. I hope he continues without injuries.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria face FIFA sanction after Ighalo yellow
By Colin Udoh, KweséESPN

Nigeria could face additional sanction from FIFA for Odion Ighalo's yellow card after his goal celebration.

Ighalo lifted his shirt to reveal a message that and was instantly booked booked by Egyptian referee Ghead Grisha.

"He told me that the message on my shirt was about religion because it's 'thank you Jesus'," Ighalo told KweséESPN.

Displaying unsanctioned commercial, political, religious or personal slogans or statements in undershirts are outlawed by FIFA and subject to additional sanction, mainly fines.

The most recent incident of a similar violation is Qatar, who warmed up for their World Cup qualifier against South Korea in June wearing T-shirts with the picture of Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani to show their support after several Gulf nations and Egypt cut ties with Qatar and imposed economic sanctions on Doha for allegedly supporting "extremism".

Referee Grisha is expected to include the incident in his report for further action by FIFA. Ighalo, who hobbled off with an ice pack after a barnstorming performance in Nigeria's 4-0 destruction of Cameroon on Sunday, has assured KweséESPN that it is nothing serious.

"It was just a tight hamstring, but I am fine now," Ighalo said.
That will be cause for a collective breath of relief across the country as the Super Eagles prepare to face Cameroon in the second of the twin fixtures on Monday.

Source: http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3195343/nigeria-face-fifa-sanction-after-ighalo-yellow?device=featurephone
this is perhaps the only thing I hate in football,whoever that have introduced this ideal into football is a satanist,I don't care,this rule alone is capable of destroying this beautiful game, it should b scraped away.
I use to see many attributes to Jesus in the past whenever a goal is scored,what has happened to football? very soon they will even stop players like Iheanacho from pointing heavenwards when celebrating a goal,if they have not done it already.
no wonder Ighallo was so furious n pissed off.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
Broos: Super Eagles Will See Real Indomitable Lions On Monday

Cameroon coach Hugo Broos has vowed that his team will be radically improved from their toothless performance against Nigeria on Friday, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

The Indomitable Lions lost 4-0 to the Super Eagles in Uyo on Friday night in the first of their double-header in the qualifying series for the Russia 2018 World Cup.

The two teams meet again on Monday night here in Yaounde, kick-off at 6pm at the Stade Omnisport Ahmadou Ahidjo.

“We were really bad on Friday,” Broos admitted during his pre-match press conference at the Stade Omnisport, which Completesportsnigeria.com was the only Nigerian outlet to attend.

“It was very difficult for us, but we saw no sign it would turn out like that. We were very good in the first 20, 25 minutes and the Nigerians were afraid even if we didn’t create many chances, then the game suddenly changed.

“The match was disastrous for us. It was a great disappointment for us and our fans. In the dressing room after the game, we all accepted that it was catastrophic.

“But tomorrow will be a different game. We know we can’t afford to play like we did on Friday. We will show the real Cameroon tomorrow and make our fans proud.”

Broos said his players have promised him not to disappoint.

“The players will be playing for national pride and honour tomorrow,” Broos, who led Cameroon to the Africa Cup of Nations title in February, added.

“It’s entirely a different game and the players are up for it. They will be ready for Nigeria tomorrow. What you saw on Friday was not the real Cameroon. We have to do something good tomorrow, give it everything we have.”

Nigeria lead African qualifying Group B of the Russia 2018 World Cup with nine points from three matches, while Cameroon have only two points.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/broos-super-eagles-will-see-real-indomitable-lions-monday/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
safarigirl:
no be if Joel village people gree am go? Dude is so fragile, gets injured when it matters
Make him no come and then go wound in the midst of the world cup ooo. That's short one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2017
safarigirl:
I sh-it you not my brother
fear not my lady grin The difference is the taste and the taste is the difference grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
Those ones u don't know what's on their mind, thy can be dangerous. At least safarigirl you can fight and make up with her in so many ways hahaha

TheSuperNerd:
Lol.... Oya make them talk naa... Only Safarigirl can. She was here when Eseose9 dropped her first comments on the thread....

And there are others who view and stay mute... I saw a lot today...

Shade86... Lovelygurl (seems she came visiting.. hardly see her here viewing before and after my comeback).... Trudy12.... Madam Confun hardly shows up (but hey.. she is no go area... she is my senior colleague in the field and is taken too).... Engirl or something *scratches head*... well the list goes on...

even saw Eseose9 I think?...

Anyway... here... have your pick.... most of them prefer to just observe and read through... sometimes I feel for Safarigirl here... about time she got a sister or two here you know... we guys can be kinda boring.... grin

Well... goodluck... lemme go engage Sir Omanbala1 on more analytical discussions... ciao Loverboy... cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
Honestly.... what can I say? sad I was shocked Ighalo got a yellow for that. Never even knew about the silly rule... angry

If they even dare the bolded ehn.... na wa oooo angry

Napoleon55:
this is perhaps the only thing I hate in football,whoever that have introduced this ideal into football is a satanist,I don't care,this rule alone is capable of destroying this beautiful game, it should b scraped away.
I use to see many attributes to Jesus in the past whenever a goal is scored,what has happened to football? very soon they will even stop players Iheanacho from pointing heavenwards when celebrating a goal,if they have not done it already.
no wonder Ighallo was so furious n pissed off.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Must you sneeze on the lady? Dammit! sad

sorry sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2017
Cameroon have charged. Nigeria should watch it. I still maintain my point. Frustrate the Cameroonians by choking that midfield. 4-5-1 is OK by me. Then we can try to catch them on the counter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2017
One thing I know for sure. We don't need to change anything, and they will be down to 9 men before 90 mins.. I like their boast. My prediction, 4-0 again for us
TheSuperNerd:
Broos: Super Eagles Will See Real Indomitable Lions On Monday

Cameroon coach Hugo Broos has vowed that his team will be radically improved from their toothless performance against Nigeria on Friday, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

The Indomitable Lions lost 4-0 to the Super Eagles in Uyo on Friday night in the first of their double-header in the qualifying series for the Russia 2018 World Cup.

The two teams meet again on Monday night here in Yaounde, kick-off at 6pm at the Stade Omnisport Ahmadou Ahidjo.

“We were really bad on Friday,” Broos admitted during his pre-match press conference at the Stade Omnisport, which Completesportsnigeria.com was the only Nigerian outlet to attend.

“It was very difficult for us, but we saw no sign it would turn out like that. We were very good in the first 20, 25 minutes and the Nigerians were afraid even if we didn’t create many chances, then the game suddenly changed.

“The match was disastrous for us. It was a great disappointment for us and our fans. In the dressing room after the game, we all accepted that it was catastrophic.

“But tomorrow will be a different game. We know we can’t afford to play like we did on Friday. We will show the real Cameroon tomorrow and make our fans proud.”

Broos said his players have promised him not to disappoint.

“The players will be playing for national pride and honour tomorrow,” Broos, who led Cameroon to the Africa Cup of Nations title in February, added.

“It’s entirely a different game and the players are up for it. They will be ready for Nigeria tomorrow. What you saw on Friday was not the real Cameroon. We have to do something good tomorrow, give it everything we have.”

Nigeria lead African qualifying Group B of the Russia 2018 World Cup with nine points from three matches, while Cameroon have only two points.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/broos-super-eagles-will-see-real-indomitable-lions-monday/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
How would you know if you don't try? smiley

Come on loverboy... wink make it happen.... cheesy

Safarigirl's transfer fee is well over and above over 500 Billion Pounds in case you don't know... sad As the only lady active in the house... she be hot cake my man... so bring her a sister... grin

Joebie:
Those ones u don't know what's on their mind, thy can be dangerous. At least safarigirl you can fight and make up with her in so many ways hahaha

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
That is more like it My Good Sir.... but the apology is not for me.... it is for her... wink

Nigerdeltaboi:
sorry sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
Icon4s:

See how Algeria can still qualify:

Algeria Vs Zambia. Algeria wins.
Cameroon Vs Nigeria. Cameroon wins.

Cameroon Vs Algeria. Algeria wins.
Nigeria Vs Zambia. Draw or Zambia wins.

The final fixtures:
Algeria Vs Nigeria
Zambia Vs Cameroon.

Going into the final fixture, from the results of round 4 and 5 matches Nigeria could just be 2 points ahead of Algeria.

So if Algeria wins against Nigeria they qualify for the World Cup.

The Algerians would have also done this their best case scenario calculation and so will aim at beating Zambia. This could work things out better for us if we beat Cameroon tomorrow.

no team can b this lucky,is not happening. 2 more games we'll b home n dry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2017
Me I said it before. It's not necessarily a patriotism matter. Isn't Germany really tempting after all
TheGoodJoe:

Fine article by Osas.

Liked Balogun's answer. Loves both sides of his roots. Attached to wanting Nigeria to win by highlighting preferring to play with Nigeria in his video games. (That shows where his heart truly lies) But, does not deny the opportunity of achieving great international Heights playing for Germany which makes it a tempting offer. Perfect answer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Geestunnar(m): 7:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
Joebie:
One thing I know for sure. We don't need to change anything, and they will be down to 9 men before 90 mins.. I like their boast. My prediction, 4-0 again for us
Lol. After their initial boasting we thrashed them 4-0. Now, I won't say anything but that the boys should do their talking there and beat them again. My prediction is a 2-1 win for us.

Go Super Eagles, go!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
Mikel: Super Eagles Are ‘Hungry’ For Victory In Yaounde

Super Eagles captain Mikel John Obi has assured that the team is in top spirit going into Monday’s second leg of their 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers double-header against Cameroon in Yaounde, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Nigeria defeated the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon 4-0 in Uyo on Friday with Mikel getting on the score-sheet, and providing an assist for the Super Eagles who recorded their heaviest win over Cameroon.

Mikel says the team is in buoyant spirit and are focused on recording another win to confirm their qualification for the World Cup if Zambia fail to win in Algeria on Tuesday.

“We are just very keen to finish what we started. We started a job in Uyo and it is time to finish it,” a statement released by the Nigeria Football Federation media department on Sunday quotes Mikel.

“If we can pick the World Cup ticket by Monday, why wait any longer?

“We are all very confident, because we know our ability and what we are ready to bring to the party.”

“We are as hungry, perhaps even more hungry than they are. It will be a tough affair but we will give our very best to take the three points.”

Nigeria lead Group B with nine points, five ahead of Zambia in second place, and seven better than third placed Cameroon who have two points.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/mikel-super-eagles-hungry-victory-yaounde/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
Nigeria will win at least two penalty kicks and Cameroon will be red carded. Onazi has to be very careful or he will be our only casualty.. That's what I've foreseen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
I just want us to seal our qualification tomorow. So that we'll have opportunities and enough time to start experimenting other formations like the 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-6-0 and so on starting with Zambia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FabioPeter: 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
Our super Eagles played well but to the Cameroonian had played badly as well.
Other than the commentary another annoying aspect of the game was show boating by the goal keeper Ezenwa. He was tested twice and on both occasion he fumbled. We need Eyeama.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
What the??!!!! Another money rain??!!! for just goals?? can't take this anymore mehn!!! I am going to Yaounde tonight undercover...... I gotta play.. I will make up my mind about which player to rob of his place and wear his mask and body form on.... I got their clone features in my labs mehn... damn! you say what? how much again? Chaaiiiii.... this is too much! Hey Yara Yara... what are you still doing here?? will you go grab my boots and special disguise outfit... time to go make some money mehn!!!! angry

Desicon Boss Udofia Promises Eagles $20,000 For Each Goal Vs Cameroon In Yaounde

The Chief Executive Officer of Desicon Company, Akan Udofia, has promised the Super Eagles the sum of $20,000 for every goal scored in Monday’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying cracker against Cameroon’s Indomitable Lions in Yaounde.

Desicon Company is one of Nigeria’s leading vegetable Companies in the South South.

Udofia made this promise shortly before the team embarked on their 55 minutes flight trip from the the Ibom International Airport, Uyo to Yaounde Sunday afternoon.

“I am a very good friend of the NFF President, Mr. Amaju Pinnick, and I am happy that I am here in time to see you guys before take –off for Yaounde,” Udofia was quoted in a media statement released by the Nigeria Football Federation media department.

“I watched the game against the Cameroonians here in Uyo on Friday and I am sure you have the ability to conquer them again in their own territory. I promise to reward you with $20,000 for every goal scored in Yaounde.”

Three –time champions Nigeria are five points clear of second –placed Zambia and seven ahead of third –placed Cameroon in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Africa qualifying race for Group B. Algeria are rock bottom with just one point.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/desicorn-boss-udofia-promises-eagles-20000-goal-vs-cameroon-yaounde/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ehmmmm... explain the bolded plsss.... *waiting*

FabioPeter:
Our super Eagles played well but to the Cameroonian had played badly as well.
Other than the commentary another annoying aspect of the game was show boating by the goal keeper Ezenwa. He was tested twice and on both occasion he fumbled. We need Eyeama.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
safarigirl:

You did not come here to talk of football, so, keep moving. Don't come back if you are talking beliefs and values. This is not that kind of thread

Just in case these guys are not hung over, I would like the following to line-up

Ezenwa

Aina...Ekong...Balogun...Elderson

Ndidi...Onazi...Mikel

Victor Moses...Ighalo...Simon

However, in case their indiscipline was in excess...I expect the following line-up

Ezenwa (Alampasu dey like who go like party)

Shehu(good boy)...Leon...Ebuehi...Elders on

Ogu (Ndidi go like faaji)...Mikel...Etebo (Onazi sef dey like party man)

Moses...Ighalo(Jesus baby)...Kelechi (Simon dey like party starter)

Come to think of it, was Friday not Ekong's birthday? Dem no dey do party if person get birthday ni? I endorse their party even more sef, how will somebody have birthday and they won't party? When no be Deeper Life e be grin grin

grin grin But why Ebuehi at CB. Uche Agbo never play oo. Abi him self like party?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2017
All I know is this... Cameroun escaped a red in the first leg... they may not be so lucky in the second leg. Gassama does not take nonsense... and I hope he comes to the party.

I believe Nigeria will keep her unbeaten WCQs run tomorrow...

Joebie:
Nigeria will win at least two penalty kicks and Cameroon will be red carded. Onazi has to be very careful or he will be our only casualty.. That's what I've foreseen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
What the??!!!! Another money rain??!!! for just goals?? can't take this anymore mehn!!! I am going to Yaounde tonight undercover...... I gotta play.. I will make up my mind about which player to rob of his place and wear his mask and body form on.... I got their clone features in my labs mehn... damn! you say what? how much again? Chaaiiiii.... this is too much! Hey Yara Yara... what are you still doing here?? will you go grab my boots and special disguise outfit... time to go make some money mehn!!!! angry

Desicon Boss Udofia Promises Eagles $20,000 For Each Goal Vs Cameroon In Yaounde

The Chief Executive Officer of Desicon Company, Akan Udofia, has promised the Super Eagles the sum of $20,000 for every goal scored in Monday’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying cracker against Cameroon’s Indomitable Lions in Yaounde.

Desicon Company is one of Nigeria’s leading vegetable Companies in the South South.

Udofia made this promise shortly before the team embarked on their 55 minutes flight trip from the the Ibom International Airport, Uyo to Yaounde Sunday afternoon.

“I am a very good friend of the NFF President, Mr. Amaju Pinnick, and I am happy that I am here in time to see you guys before take –off for Yaounde,” Udofia was quoted in a media statement released by the Nigeria Football Federation media department.

“I watched the game against the Cameroonians here in Uyo on Friday and I am sure you have the ability to conquer them again in their own territory. I promise to reward you with $20,000 for every goal scored in Yaounde.”

Three –time champions Nigeria are five points clear of second –placed Zambia and seven ahead of third –placed Cameroon in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Africa qualifying race for Group B. Algeria are rock bottom with just one point.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/desicorn-boss-udofia-promises-eagles-20000-goal-vs-cameroon-yaounde/

This one they have been promised $20,000 those guys fit go score by 5 make the money plenty. Iheanacho anytime goalscorer (he likes this grin )

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2017
Aaron Opts Out Of Yaounde Match, Returns To China To Sort Out Career Issue
EXCLUSIVE by David Meshioye

Facts have emerged why CSKA Moscow striker Aaron Samuel was not part of Super Eagles squad that travelled to Yaounde Sunday afternoon for Monday’s second leg of their 2018 FIFA World Cup double-header against Cameroon in Yaounde, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
Aaron’s close aide exclusively revealed to Completesportsnigeria.com that the former Guangzhou RF striker was not dropped by coach Gernot Rohr ahead of the return leg, but had sought permission from the German tactician to be left out of the team in order to fly back to China and resolve a career issue.
According to this decent source who spent five days with Aaron in Uyo, the playet pleaded to be allowed to travel to China to sort out personal issues in the country where he once plied his trade.
“It is a huge lie and it beats my imagination why people don’t verify their fact before making comments,” the aide reacts to the rumour making rounds that Aaron had been dropped by Gernot Rohr in Uyo.
“Aaron was never dropped by Coach Gernot Rohr; rather, he had pleaded to be left out of the team to enable him travel to China where he has pending issues to sort out.
“Besides, Coach Gernot Rohr had expressed his satisfaction with Aaron’s dedication and work rate and therefore promised to give him call-up in Nigeria’s subsequent games.
The CSKA Moscow striker was not dressed as Nigeria demolished Indomitable Lions of Cameroun 4-0 at Godswill Akpabio International Stadium Uyo on Friday.
A win for Nigeria in Yaounde and a draw for Zambia in Constantine would have finally confirmed Nigeria as first African team to book a place in Russia 2018 World Cup.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/aaron-opts-yaounde-match-returns-china-sort-career-issue/

P.S: ANS ehn..... tufiakwa.... chaaaiiiiii... lie lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (1403) (1404) (1405) (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) ... (16722) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BARAJ92(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.