Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,973 members, 7,936,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:25 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12348847 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16565) (16566) (16567) (16568) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:37pm On Aug 30
komekn:

Let me educate you as you lack context and are overwhelmed with emotive preference and sentiment.

Two questions

1. Is VO a quintessential striker strictly speaking 🗣️ a number 9 , nothing else and nothing more.❓

2. Yekini, Ikpeba, Emeniki, Ideye, Obagoal, Ighalo have been the quintessential number 9 striker for the SE, over the past decades. And most recently VO.❓

In my humble opinion Amokachi, Kanu, Okocha, were NEVER strikers and quintessential number 9s for the SE.

You are essentially making no sense to make a comparison 😞 of VO with Kanu, Okocha, Amokachi,etc.
Educate yourself first and stop confusing yourself with quintessential for Victor Ikpeba was not even used as your quintessential number 9 in Nigerian teams but as a forward,the roles he played in Nigeria teams is not the same with his club.
Ideye also.

Okocha is an attacking midfielder, I don't know where u see me mentioned him as a striker.

Kanu and Amokachi are forwards,they are expected to score goals,
Messi is a forward,he scores goals.

Yekini, Osimhen, Obagoal are strikers,your quintessential number 9s,they are expected to score goals so as forwards.

When u are done dancing in circles,
my question is,
As u claimed that Osimhen is inconsistent because he scored just one goal in AFCON
How would u describe Kanu as considering that he could not score even one goal on 5 AFCON attempts?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:44pm On Aug 30
After not getting the approval from Chelsea despite training in London, Hafiz Umar Ibrahim has now completed a move to French Ligue 1 side, Stade Reims from Nigerian academy Ojodu City FC.

“E dun set” and confirmed ✅

The 18-year-old striker signed four years contract.

#MikeThePundit

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:46pm On Aug 30
All these talks and the value on it was a meagre 155k euros per week?? For the Reigning Best Player in Africa?? A Serie A Champion with a side not called Juve or either of the Milan Clubs.

Chelsea should f**k off! They should complete their own puzzle with Jackson and Guiu.

jihday:
- Maresca told Victor Osimhen that he’s going to be a starter & the club plan to fight and win the Premier league.
- Also told him he has been an admirer for years & he’s needed to complete the Chelsea puzzle.

Victor respectfully declined & decided to stay at Napoli. It’s over.

Via Osimhen close ally

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:47pm On Aug 30
Finally for the 2023 Viareggio Cup Top Scorer.

charlesemeka85:
After not getting the approval from Chelsea despite training in London, Hafiz Umar Ibrahim has now completed a move to French Ligue 1 side, Stade Reims from Nigerian academy Ojodu City FC.

“E dun set” and confirmed ✅

The 18-year-old striker signed four years contract.

#MikeThePundit

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:00am
Victor Osimhen not leaving Italy is sad for me coz his playing time is now uncertain. I love to see my monster machine playing and enjoying his football.

ADL truly has proven what a Monstrous B**tard he is but it's his loss in the end. He will pay Osimhen his wages whether he plays or not and by January, they better sell to salvage something before Osimhen leaves for far less in the summer of 2025.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 12:06am
Chelsea’s offer to Osimhen revealed: €4m per season guaranteed, plus another €4m in bonuses (€2m for UCL qualification and €2m for goals and appearances), the €4m guaranteed is LESS THAN HALF of his Napoli salary.

Chelsea would have at least needed to get to €8-9m for Osimhen, that would be at least closer to his €11m net, but Chelsea decided NO.

[Di Marzio]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:07am
Chelsea spent 60million euros this same window on an attacking winger who only bagged 3 goals across all competitions last season but couldn't even match up to the 65-75M Al Ahli offered and could not even set a wage of at least 200k per week for one of the top 5 strikers on the planet.

Osimhen, according to Transfermrkt is the 4th most valuable CF on the planet behind Haaland, Mbappe and Lautaro Martinez.

This is who we are talking about but because he is Nigerian, una no rate am enough. Shame!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:11am
This is Ridiculously stewpid from Chelsea. Just look at this nonsense. Wow. What a club.

Osimhen is no Hojlund or Jackson. He is Osimhen, Africa's most valuable player and Africa's only 100M-rated player on Transfermrkt. World's 4th most valuable CF for goodness sake.

Look, I wanted Osimhen at Chelsea too because I wanted him in the EPL but not like this abeg. Not for these absolutely deplorable terms. For what?? Let them offer it to Dusan Vlahovic, let me check something. Rubbish!

I will not allow my desire to see Osimhen in the EPL blind me to the ridiculous offers tabled by Chelsea. This is arrant dung.

opes:
Chelsea’s offer to Osimhen revealed: €4m per season guaranteed, plus another €4m in bonuses (€2m for UCL qualification and €2m for goals and appearances), the €4m guaranteed is LESS THAN HALF of his Napoli salary.

Chelsea would have at least needed to get to €8-9m for Osimhen, that would be at least closer to his €11m net, but Chelsea decided NO.

[Di Marzio]

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 12:14am
From Monday, napoli will surely evaluate what to do.

If Osimhen gets his head straight, apologizes to the team for his behavior and makes himself available to the manager, then perhaps Conte will use him.

As a fan, I know Victor's value and I know that no one in the world has two strikers of the value of Lukaku and Osimhen. In Serie A, . At the same time, however, it could be the dynamite that blows up the locker room.

All of Conte's staff, ADL, Manna, Osimhen and even Di Lorenzo as a representative of the team should be locked in a room and talk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kodded(m): 12:20am
TheSuperNerd:
This is Ridiculously stewpid from Chelsea. Just look at this nonsense. Wow. What a club.

Osimhen is no Hojlund or Jackson. He is Osimhen, Africa's most valuable player and Africa's only 100M-rated player on Transfermrkt. World's 4th most valuable CF for goodness sake.

Look, I wanted Osimhen at Chelsea too because I wanted him in the EPL but not like this abeg. Not for these absolutely deplorable terms. For what?? Let them offer it to Dusan Vlahovic, let me check something. Rubbish!

I will not allow my desire to see Osimhen in the EPL blind me to the ridiculous offers tabled by Chelsea. This is arrant dung.

Make we talk true
Chelsea no try at all

Osimhen is in the same class with halaand and mbape and so he should be treated like one abi na because him na African?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 12:20am
JohnBullMySon:

You're too quick to type responses. Sometimes you got to calm the f*ck down, understand the fucking point before replying. What does undervalued mean then?

Why did Napoli scrub the PSG deal? Was it not Transfer fee that was the disagreement?

First, learn to be civil with your engagements without cursing at people.

That said, you literally quoted me so the use of "undervalue" had a context. The post you quoted was me implying that Chelsea's offer to Victor was indicative of them not valuing him. So Osimhen being undervalued in that context was Chelsea specific.

You however broadened the scope (at the very least that what I inferred from your post) by asking howa move to Saudi Arabia was going to help him value wise. I teh responded by showing he could hav moved to other clubs who were willing to pay Napoli more than Chelsea were offering, and we're also willing to pay his requested wage had Napoli not frustrated the deal. My point being his not being valued was Chelsea specific and didn't necessarily extend to other clubs.

Is this clearer now?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 12:25am
SamueItem337:
You are totally wrong
If any club was ready to pay his release clause there was nothing Napoli could do to frustrate the deal

PSG and the other EPL clubs you talked about were not ready to pay his release clause
Even Al Ahli did not meet his release clause

Again you're mistake and I already addressed this in an earlier post. What a club is willing to pay another for a player isn't always indicative of their value of said player, especially when there's leverage for them to get a better deal seeing the other party was in a desperate situation.

Paying Victor's buyouts clause when you can get him cheaper is just bad business for whoever is buying, and that is not how you measure how he's valued. How you measure that is how he's personally treated and how much they are willing to pay the player personally to get is signature which was my argument. PSG and other clubs who tried to sign him didn't have a problem paying Victor his requested wages, only Chelsea did.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 1:26am
elyte89:
I Dey pity osimhen sha if he decides to stay….d way he go chop bench ,e no go funny…

Making him sit on the bench will reduce his market value and when they sell him they will make less money.
His salary is high and so why pay so much for someone who is not working.
I don't even think lukaku can really bench him. The season is too long.
The owner of napoli has too much to loose.
So he will bench him and sell him for cheap next summer.
Isimhen has everything to gain. He should not just sign a contract extension
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 1:30am
TheSuperNerd:
Victor Osimhen not leaving Italy is sad for me coz his playing time is now uncertain. I love to see my monster machine playing and enjoying his football.

ADL truly has proven what a Monstrous B**tard he is but it's his loss in the end. He will pay Osimhen his wages whether he plays or not and by January, they better sell to salvage something before Osimhen leaves for far less in the summer of 2025.

That is what I'm wondering.
Adl has everything to loose.
From even a commercial point of view he is loosing a lot.
Bencing him is ridiculous by November his need will be felt. The season is long. All is a great looser
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:41am
lovewins:

First, learn to be civil with your engagements without cursing at people.

That said, you literally quoted me so the use of "undervalue" had a context. The post you quoted was me implying that Chelsea's offer to Victor was indicative of them not valuing him. So Osimhen being undervalued in that context was Chelsea specific.

You however broadened the scope (at the very least that what I inferred from your post) by asking howa move to Saudi Arabia was going to help him value wise. I teh responded by showing he could hav moved to other clubs who were willing to pay Napoli more than Chelsea were offering, and we're also willing to pay his requested wage had Napoli not frustrated the deal. My point being his not being valued was Chelsea specific and didn't necessarily extend to other clubs.

Is this clearer now?

x
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:48am
TheSuperNerd:

I got to know ADL because of Arkadiusz Milik. Blinded by the turnaround of fortunes he brought to Napoli he has eulogized himself tone deaf that he thinks he is some Tzar.

I only appreciate that Osimhen shone there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargejr: 1:56am
Honestly, I blame osimehn and yes men for this debacle. First of all, we warned him about his attitude and they disparaged us. He insulted ikpeba , yes men supported him. He had a serious issue with his siblings, yes men supported him. The guy started shouting at his teammates for club at country after any misplaced pass, and yesmen supported him. (Afcon was a humbling experience) Napoli social media disrespected him and they reconciled few days later. Osimehn went on air and was boasting that, he has made his decision on leaving Napoli. The Worst event now happened. This man got on LIVE, Disrespect his national team Coach (Verbal violence) disrespect his national team (Verbal insult) threatened his friends to headbutt them (Physical violence) how DUMB/Self destructive can one become, Yes men supported. It was when I realized that Nigerians are mentally retarded. If you’re a director of football, will you be willing to pay an astronomical amount for such an unstable character??
Solution: Apologize to Finidi, Napoli hierarchy/teammates and score goals and team will begin to rush you. If he decide to continue being arrogant, it’s definitely going downhill from here.. whenever bunch of social media Nigerians are in support of your behavior, just be aware that, you’re going in the Wrong path. A whole African footballer of the year was Available for 70 Million and bunch of clubs did not rush for his signature. In life, pride goes before downfall and one needs to learn how to smell the coffin. Go and apologize to Finidi, and also Napoli hierarchy and avoid Yes men at all cost
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargejr: 2:01am
TheSuperNerd:

You must be Deluded. It’s yes men like you that are responsible for this nonsense. Chelsea has a new wage structure and they’re selling all their players above that structure and you want them to break the structure because of one player? You guys think everywhere is Nigeria with your emotional biased. All he had to do was sign, perform in his first season and he has all the leverage to siphon more money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargejr: 2:03am
In Life, Avoid YES MEN by any and absolutely means possible. Those marafckers will slow you to self destruct and criticize anyone that constructively caution you. The same people will mock you during your downfall. This man was not mentally prepared for Winning and surrounding himself with bunch of yes men made it worse
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 2:09am
Bannedlargejr:
In Life, Avoid YES MEN by any and absolutely means possible. Those marafckers will slow you to self destruct and criticize anyone that constructively caution you. The same people will mock you during your downfall. This man was not mentally prepared for Winning and surrounding himself with bunch of yes men made it worse
what is this one talking? Baba rest.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 2:11am
Bannedlargejr:
Honestly, I blame osimehn and yes men for this debacle. First of all, we warned him about his attitude and they disparaged us. He insulted ikpeba , yes men supported him. He had a serious issue with his siblings, yes men supported him. The guy started shouting at his teammates for club at country after any misplaced pass, and yesmen supported him. (Afcon was a humbling experience) Napoli social media disrespected him and they reconciled few days later. Osimehn went on air and was boasting that, he has made his decision on leaving Napoli. The Worst event now happened. This man got on LIVE, Disrespect his national team Coach (Verbal violence) disrespect his national team (Verbal insult) threatened his friends to headbutt them (Physical violence) how DUMB/Self destructive can one become, Yes men supported. It was when I realized that Nigerians are mentally retarded. If you’re a director of football, will you be willing to pay an astronomical amount for such an unstable character??
Solution: Apologize to Finidi, Napoli hierarchy/teammates and score goals and team will begin to rush you. If he decide to continue being arrogant, it’s definitely going downhill from here.. whenever bunch of social media Nigerians are in support of your behavior, just be aware that, you’re going in the Wrong path. A whole African footballer of the year was Available for 70 Million and bunch of clubs did not rush for his signature. In life, pride goes before downfall and one needs to learn how to smell the coffin. Go and apologize to Finidi, and also Napoli hierarchy and avoid Yes men at all cost
so what will happen? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. 🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️🗑️

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 2:13am
grin
chuks404:
what is this one talking? Baba rest.
leave am make he deh rant. When he tired he go rest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:18am
Reports in various Germany outlets say Bruno Labbadia has now turned down the NFF offer of being the next Super Eagles coach.

Quote: MikeThePundit on X

(1) (2) (3) ... (16565) (16566) (16567) (16568) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waffiboi, kellycute(m), JohnBullMySon, viccy12, Odunayaw(m), Koboko99(m), junnyjake(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.