Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,524 members, 7,961,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 10:54 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12499664 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (16723) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Icon4s:

Yeah. the John Obuh boys.

Recall Ahmed Musa, Kenneth Omeruo, Ogenyi Onazi, Uche Nwofor, Ramon Azeez also played under him.

His boys are not doing badly.

Not only the French boys that have fallen short. What of the Uruguayean team dat beat us in that 2nd round game and later lost in the final to France via penalties.

That our squad was really talented. Mayb Obuh was nt tactical enough to fully optimise the potentials in that team.

You have forgotten Olanrewaju Kayode, Abdul Ajagun etcetera are Obuh boys. Obuh gave me the cause to love Nigerian Football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
forgiveness:

You have forgotten Olanrewaju Kayode, Abdul Ajagun etcetera are Obuh boys. Obuh gave me the cause to love Nigerian Football.

I have mentioned them earlier. Pls read up the thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

I know the guy, that is why i asked the question... Not good enough for the Eagles in my opinion... No harm in trying him though.

If you know know am who go come know am? You bi baba for this kin news na. Nevertheless, I think he is good for him to be considered for the Austria national team.

Well, like you said no harm in trying.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2016
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! The truth is, I know good players when I see them play. grin

Ajagun is a very good player. He demonstrated that from NFL with Dolphin, U17 and U20 teams. grin

No body is saying Ajagun is not a good player.

Compare him with the other AMs we have in the Super Eagles and u know naa..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
Icon4s:

A very talented squad. Abdul Ajagun, Michael Olaitan, Uche Agbo, Usman Mohammed, Johnbosco Amaefule and Emem Uduak were also in that squad.
Not to also forget Edafe Egbedi. Ajagun was a very influential captain.

That team under achieved.

cc: forgiveness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
forgiveness:

If you know know am who go come know am? You bi baba for this kin news na. Nevertheless, I think he is good for him to be considered for the Austria national team.

Well, like you said no harm in trying.

He has not been invited for Austria in a long time.... Not good enough...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
Icon4s:

cc: forgiveness.

Olanrewaju Kayode no dey dere na. Na because of that I reminded you na.

No worries, bros. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
Icon4s:

I have followed Kayode since after he featured at U17.

I had preferred him to Sadiq Umar for the Olympics. But as usual Siasia with his teams selections.

As for the Super Eagles let us see him in any of the friendlies. I understand Rohr may invite him for the Egypt friendly in January of which the timing might not be right for our foreign based players.

Kayode is 23 and I believe he belongs to this generation. Lets give him a trial.

However, i am not expecting too much from him. Players like Ighalo and Success would also have flourished in that same Austrian league.

cc: forgiveness
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

That one na lie na. You dey fall my hand ooooooo. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
Icon4s:

cc: forgiveness

My Oga me, shori Sir. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
forgiveness:

Olanrewaju Kayode no dey dere na. Na because of that I reminded you na.
No worries, bros. grin
Am surprised ure not touting Derek Osede. He's your kind of player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
forgiveness:

My Oga me, shori Sir. grin

U no like those boys more than I do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
forgiveness:

That one na lie na. You dey fall my hand ooooooo. grin

When was his last invite before the recent ones?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
goldfish80:

Light skinned abi.

Una wan turn Super Eagles to Oyinbo team.

My take is any player to be invited must merit it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
goldfish80:

I did when he was playing in the Championship with Bolton and mentioned him the Olympic thread. But em case don pass wetin I fit call for em else people pounce on me here at the mention of his name. grin

He is in league one now. Not good enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
A good day for Nigerian women football.

NGR 2-1 ESP. We are out though.

NGR 6-0 MAL. AWC

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
forgiveness:

I did when he was playing in the Championship with Bolton and mentioned him the Olympic thread. But em case don pass wetin I fit call for em else people pounce on me here at the mention of his name. grin

Osede wey make TheGoodJoe wan plank Siasia. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
Icon4s:

Light skinned abi.

LOL... I believe in home grown players. You will hardly see me tout oyibo born players,
I was pulling legs when I mentioned Osede. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

When was his last invite before the recent ones?

tbaba1234:

@bolded means what? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
forgiveness:

@bolded means what? grin

Didn't know he was invited in the last window.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
Icon4s:

TheGoodJoe na em advocate. grin the guy wants to play for Nigeria even when he was still with Real Madrid. That is why I like him and followed until sand sand pass garri. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
forgiveness:

grin how about Chinedu Ede? You've never mentioned him.
He plays for FC Twente these days. Am sure you're familiar with him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
Icon4s:

The young man made a wrong move leaving Spain. After Osede's years at Real Madrid academy and with the youth sides of Spain, his training suited the La Liga. Sad, one of his Spanish Junior team coaches, is the current Spanish National team coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The young man made a wrong move leaving Spain. After Osede's years at Real Madrid academy and with the youth sides of Spain, his training suited the La Liga. Sad, one of his Spanish Junior team coaches, is the current Spanish National team coach.

Too bad for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
Icon4s:

Light skinned abi.

It depends are we into winning matches or proving Nigeria is an all black country. I say we don't need a quota system we just need the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

It depends are we into winning matches or proving Nigeria is an all black country. I say we don't need a quota system we just need the best.

Yes. We need the best irrespective of skin colour. Home groomed or foreign groomed.

No preferrence or favouratism.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Moses, man of the match again..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
goldfish80:

grin how about Chinedu Ede? You've never mentioned him.
He plays for FC Twente these days. Am sure you're familiar with him.

I know him wella because I followed Chrisantus in the Bundusliga second division.

That was when I got to know him, Sidney Sam, Leon Balogun, one keeper (I have forgotten his name), one striker born in Nigeria (I have also forgotten his name), Seyi Olajengbasi etc.

They were very young then, but now he don dey old. 29 years. grin

If he plays well I will mention him na. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

Didn't know he was invited in the last window.

Ok na, it means his stock is appreciating. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
forgiveness:

I know him wella because I followed Chrisantus in the Bundusliga second division.

That was when I got to know him, Sidney Sam, Leon Balogun, one keeper (I have forgotten his name), one striker born in Nigeria (I have also forgotten his name), Seyi Olajengbasi etc.

They were very young then, but now he don dey old. 29 years. grin

If he plays well I will mention him na. grin
I know you must know how wella. I remember him at Hertha Berlin with Solomon Okoronkwo his team mate.
He came into lime light with Denis Aogo. Then Kickoff magazine featured them as Nigerian born players.

Seyi Olajengbesi is not foreign born. He played for Julius Berger with Yakubu aiyegbeni, Seyi ogunsanya then Ndubuisi Eze and Endurance Idahor. Fatai Amao was there coach I think.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
Looollll... I am fair and just... grin

Besides I have always known about Ajagun since 2009 so why not drop news on him. I love the Obuh boys but I no carry am for head... Loolll

chrisooblog:
Supernerd why na! Now forgiveness won't let us rest cheesy but jokes apart glad he's doing well hope he keeps it up so Rohr can call him up

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It does not affect their chances for their European team. A simple, I will not reject a Nigerian call-up does not mean they are turning down the chance to play for any other country who wants them.

It directs the coach of who are ready to play for the country. Otigba turned down Hungary because he is passionate about playing for the Super Eagles. It was not a declaration ruining his chance to play for Hungary. Otigba made up his mind not long ago and I believe he will get his call-up soon.

Sidney Sam said that he was open to a Nigerian call too... Have we forgotten?

When Germany chance came along, the man denied us completely... He then said that he never considered Nigeria...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (16723) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: humility33(m) and 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.