Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,874 members, 7,959,744 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 06:19 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12482262 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5583) (5584) (5585) (5586) (5587) (5588) (5589) ... (16714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2019
Odunayaw:
I hope Musa can go back to Russia or maybe France on the strength of a good AFCON showing

He had offers from Russia and France after the world cup and he declined
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
Bros, don't mind them. Right now, one of the biggest problem with naija footie is that many naija soccer fans, especially those of them you find on social media (and even some naija footie journos) now masquerades as football agents; hence, they tend to only promote their clients.

O pari

gamaliel9:

The Western press was and is still hyping him more us Nigerians...argue with a yellow submarine in the !!! grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:01pm On Mar 08, 2019
andrew444:

Musa aint going nowhere for now sir
because Andrew the clairvoyant says so tongue ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
Earthquake2:

He had offers from Russia and France after the world cup and he declined
going forward...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2019
Odunayaw:
because Andrew the clairvoyant says so tongue ?

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
This explains why Emem Eduok was sold during the winter

What happened to Kasımpaşa?

DailySabah

Once the leader of the Super League for four weeks, Kasımpaşa now finds itself in the eighth spot after losing five games in a row. The team that humiliated Beşiktaş by scoring four on them just before the winter break is now 13 points behind the Black Eagles. From being just six points behind leader Başakşehir, Kasımpaşa is now struggling to stay out of the relegation zone. What exactly went wrong for Kasımpaşa that playing against it now means three sure points for the opponents? I argue that the answer lies in the way the club is run.

In order to understand what is going on in Kasımpaşa, we need to hear out the words of a former Kasımpaşa coach, Rıza Çalımbay. After Çalımbay was sacked by Konyaspor this season for apparently no reason, he appeared on almost all TV channels in the country to explain why he did not deserve to be sacked. In one of those appearances, he gave an example from his Kasımpaşa days to explain the mentality of Turkish football executives.

"When I came to Kasımpaşa, the team was struggling to keep out of the relegation zone. The chairman asked me to keep the team in the league and he promised me big transfers next season. When the season ended, we finished the fifth spot, way above our expectations. Then, when I asked for the transfers, the chairman told me that he no longer wanted to invest in the team, he had other plans. This is how Turkish clubs are being administrated," he said.

Proving Çalımbay's words right, Kasımpaşa sold two of their best strikers, Mbaye Diagne and Samuel Emem Eduok, who scored more than half its goals, after finishing just six points behind leaders Başakşehir. It could easily play in the Champions League if it had kept these two players and cover most of its expenses.

Moreover, Kasımpaşa sold Eduok, one of the best strikers in the league, for only 400,000 euros to Erzurumspor, which is now 17th. The players it bought instead are nowhere near Diagne and Eduok. In addition, Kasımpaşa had succeeded by scoring more than it conceded in the first half of the season but now with the scoring players gone, they are only conceding.

It is obvious that coach Mustafa Denizli would never approve such transfer policy if it was not dictated on him. In perhaps the worst striker scarcity of the history of Turkish football, he lost Diagne, who alone scored more goals than seven other teams in Super League. The more curious part of this story is that Kasımpaşa always does this, it bought Eren Derdiyok, Ryan Babel and Ryan Donk from the depths of their career and sold them to bigger clubs.

Financially, Kasımpaşa seems to be doing well, but it is not clear whether it wants to be a football club or Goldman Sachs of Turkish football. It does not invest the money it earns in creating a better team, but only does so to make even more money, and this is certainly against the soul of this game. If it is going to sell all of its star players whenever it performs well, who is going to take Kasımpaşa seriously the next time it rises again?

We need to make sure that football clubs are primarily run as football clubs and the priority is always football. Otherwise, the competitiveness and the seriousness of the Super League would face some serious questions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2019
Icon79:
That's my boy, Sammie Chukwueze!

When I was shrining this boy, many people here accused of doing it for my own selfish reasons ... they were like: icon79 don hammer, that's why grin Now, you're hearing it from more reliable sources than myself.

O pari

Slow down on the hype. You shrined Iheanacho too. Where is he today? Below is a quote from you on Iheanacho.

grin grin grin

Icon79:

To me, our best striker is KC Iheanacho with Alex Iwobi behind him.

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
This explains why Emem Eduok was sold during the winter

What happened to Kasımpaşa?

DailySabah

Once the leader of the Super League for four weeks, Kasımpaşa now finds itself in the eighth spot after losing five games in a row. The team that humiliated Beşiktaş by scoring four on them just before the winter break is now 13 points behind the Black Eagles. From being just six points behind leader Başakşehir, Kasımpaşa is now struggling to stay out of the relegation zone. What exactly went wrong for Kasımpaşa that playing against it now means three sure points for the opponents? I argue that the answer lies in the way the club is run.

In order to understand what is going on in Kasımpaşa, we need to hear out the words of a former Kasımpaşa coach, Rıza Çalımbay. After Çalımbay was sacked by Konyaspor this season for apparently no reason, he appeared on almost all TV channels in the country to explain why he did not deserve to be sacked. In one of those appearances, he gave an example from his Kasımpaşa days to explain the mentality of Turkish football executives.

"When I came to Kasımpaşa, the team was struggling to keep out of the relegation zone. The chairman asked me to keep the team in the league and he promised me big transfers next season. When the season ended, we finished the fifth spot, way above our expectations. Then, when I asked for the transfers, the chairman told me that he no longer wanted to invest in the team, he had other plans. This is how Turkish clubs are being administrated," he said.

Proving Çalımbay's words right, Kasımpaşa sold two of their best strikers, Mbaye Diagne and Samuel Emem Eduok, who scored more than half its goals, after finishing just six points behind leaders Başakşehir. It could easily play in the Champions League if it had kept these two players and cover most of its expenses.

Moreover, Kasımpaşa sold Eduok, one of the best strikers in the league, for only 400,000 euros to Erzurumspor, which is now 17th. The players it bought instead are nowhere near Diagne and Eduok. In addition, Kasımpaşa had succeeded by scoring more than it conceded in the first half of the season but now with the scoring players gone, they are only conceding.

It is obvious that coach Mustafa Denizli would never approve such transfer policy if it was not dictated on him. In perhaps the worst striker scarcity of the history of Turkish football, he lost Diagne, who alone scored more goals than seven other teams in Super League. The more curious part of this story is that Kasımpaşa always does this, it bought Eren Derdiyok, Ryan Babel and Ryan Donk from the depths of their career and sold them to bigger clubs.

Financially, Kasımpaşa seems to be doing well, but it is not clear whether it wants to be a football club or Goldman Sachs of Turkish football. It does not invest the money it earns in creating a better team, but only does so to make even more money, and this is certainly against the soul of this game. If it is going to sell all of its star players whenever it performs well, who is going to take Kasımpaşa seriously the next time it rises again?

We need to make sure that football clubs are primarily run as football clubs and the priority is always football. Otherwise, the competitiveness and the seriousness of the Super League would face some serious questions.

I was suprised eduok left them ,kasimpasa second best player this season ,I know it can't be footballing reason
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
Wetin dey happen to my boy Idowu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2019
andrew444:

I was suprised eduok left them ,kasimpasa second best player this season ,I know it can't be footballing reason

It is just shocking to hear that a player of that quality could be sold for that cheap. I still can't figure out what they are up to.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:50pm On Mar 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

It is just shocking to hear that a player of that quality could be sold for that cheap. I still can't figure out what they are up to.

Sold for cheap and to a small club, eduok has the abilities to play for those turkey big teams like besiktas and co

He has scored about 7 to 8 league goals playing from the flank
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
Bolowolowo:

You meant bryan idowu?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
Bolowolowo:

Everybody has boy in this thread grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:12pm On Mar 08, 2019
Andrew444 wey your boy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:17pm On Mar 08, 2019
Earthquake2:
Andrew444 wey your boy grin

lol ,who b my boy na ,me no get boy o

Abeg no come shake table o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 08, 2019
Paul Onuachu with an assist for his team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:28pm On Mar 08, 2019
andrew444:

Bro he had a good game yesterday

But he has been slow recently before this game, unless you are not following Villarreal, na normal thing, even the messi and ronaldo of this world dey slow some times.

Please try to be sincere, forget the fact that chukwueze is a fan favorite here.

See, all players have their high and low moments, that is a given. However, it seems like some posters wait for some players to falter so that they can gloat. It is odd to say the least.

This is the boy's first season in the top flight, he should be given a break. He has already surpassed the expectations of most. He is playing in one of the best leagues in the world.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:30pm On Mar 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

See, all players have their high and low moments, that is a given. However, it seems like some posters wait for some players to flatter so that they can gloat. It is odd to say the least.

This is the boy's first season in the top flight, he should be given a break. He has already surpassed the expectations of most. He is playing in one of the best leagues in the world.

Now you are talking ,all players has their high and low moment

Agreed with all you said there

Yes he has surpassed expectations,kid is still 19 and learning.

He is playing in the best league in the world .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:41pm On Mar 08, 2019
TheGoodJoe let's see another Rodgers magic tomorrow

Fulham are lowly and open so no excuses
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2019
Waiting to watch Sadiq Umar by 9pm...he seemed to have found his BALANCE. grin...Peruggia vs Verona...7th placed vs 5th placed in Serie B

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2019
gamaliel9:
Waiting to watch Sadiq Umar by 9pm...he seemed to have found his BALANCE. grin...Peruggia vs Verona...7th placed vs 5th placed in Serie B

Sorry. No Sadiq for you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:14pm On Mar 08, 2019
Ekong balling against Juventus
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 9:31pm On Mar 08, 2019
Haha!! No worries, Kelechi will still come good ... the cream always rises to the top.

He'd probably needs to leave that clannish football club, but let's see what Brendan Rogers can do with him.

O pari

bobobooge:

Slow down on the hype. You shrined Iheanacho too. Where is he today? Below is a quote from you on Iheanacho.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2019
iSlayer2:

Sorry. No Sadiq for you.

This Alexandro Nesta of a coach sef...juste la deception---disappointment..na Kingsley Mickael...the man placed there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2019
gamaliel9:

This Alexandro Nesta of a coach sef...juste la deception---disappointment

Didn't he collect a red card in his last game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2019
Ekong na captain material

Nicholas Opoku his teammate na Ghanaian, interesting

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2019
Taliban:

Didn't he collect a red card in his last game?

o YEA ....THATS TRUE OOOO....But its like cards take effect immediately in Italy unlike EPL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2019
Earthquake2:
Ekong na captain material

Nicholas Opoku his teammate na Ghanaian, interesting

Good player with leadership qualities
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 10:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
andrew444:

Good player with leadership qualities

He doesn't have the technical abilities of Balogun though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2019
Please is Moises Kean related to Nigeria in anyway?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:29pm On Mar 08, 2019
andrew444:

Oga wetin ighalo do you?

Me don tell una say as far as rohr na our coach ighalo na first choice striker

You already know he will be at the afcon as far as rohr remains the coach

If you dey reason say chinese league dey that bad,wetin you wan call saudi arabia league? if we say make we use because of those nonsense league drop players, can we drop MUSA? You know its not possible.
not like we have anybody else aside Ighalo, I can't even think of any other name

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5583) (5584) (5585) (5586) (5587) (5588) (5589) ... (16714) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.