Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,874 members, 7,959,743 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12482239 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5585) (5586) (5587) (5588) (5589) (5590) (5591) ... (16714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2019
raindodger13:
Anthony Nwaekeme scores. He's been on a mission lately.

Great player Bt not loved by most people here .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
komekn:

Unfortunately l didn't watch the match.

How many goals did he score?
How many assists did he make??
Did he get the MOTM❓

So tell us how he effected the game so much that he waa the "baller" in this game. A bit more game analysis not just fan talk.

Please.

Savagery at it's best grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
andrew444:

Great player Bt not loved by most people here .

I believe dt guy shld b given a second look in...I told some peeps here dt we shldnt judge him base on dt match alone,....even though he was poor dt night,but I saw some flash of brilliance from him

If we can invite nacho for almost a year plus wout a goal/assist,I believe he shld be given a look in again...my opinion cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
elyte89:

I believe dt guy shld b given a second look in...I told some peeps here dt we shldnt judge him base on dt match alone,....even though he was poor dt night,but I saw some flash of brilliance from him

If we can invite nacho for almost a year plus wout a goal/assist,I believe he shld be given a look in again...my opinion cool

God bless you bro ,you are seeing from my own point to view

How many game e play wey people dey blame am ?

But many others players are favoured despite having bad games

Only one cap for nwakaeme and them don use am write am off .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2019
komekn:

Unfortunately l didn't watch the match.

How many goals did he score?
How many assists did he make??
Did he get the MOTM❓

So tell us how he effected the game so much that he waa the "baller" in this game. A bit more game analysis not just fan talk.

Please.

He was involved in 2 goals.

The first goal came directly from his far post cross that was knocked down.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2019
Isaac Success starts for Watford...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oasis007:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spC4NStn1Ps
Best of Obagoal!
One of my favorite players ever.
He was delightful entertaining player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2019
Danielnino00:
Isaac Success starts for Watford...

Nice one

I hope he scores
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2019
The U.S. Soccer Federation is being sued by all 28 members of the Women’s National Team for gender discrimination. The lawsuit, filed Friday, comes just months ahead of the Women’s World Cup. The team alleges they are paid less than members of the Men’s National Team, despite playing and winning more games. Similar allegations were made by a handful of team members in a 2016 complaint to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. The players still plan to participate in the World Cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:20pm On Mar 09, 2019
They are being paid according to the revenue they generate

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:28pm On Mar 09, 2019
joseph1013:

One of my favorite players ever.

He was delightful entertaining player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHueJjs31mY

grin

If Iheanacho can be as good as Martins, I wonder what kinda Names Dudes gonna call him on this Thread. Perhaps GOAT ever come from Africa Soil.

Martins balled in a star-studded Inter Milan, balled in England with Newcastle United, balled in Spain, though with Levante before going into retirement in US and China respectively.

It's a pity we often glory mediocrity on this Thread a lot. Our No. 9 is plying his Trade in China, his first Deputy is warming Bench at Leicester, others ain't even existing on the Radar yet.

Because Awoniyi is banging Goals with a lowly Club in Belgium, Dudes are already singing his Name and calling for his Inclusion in the Super Eagles. Chuks was so hyped to the extent many committed Blasphemy against the Gods of Soccer.

Let me just stop here, Eagles are in Wilderness at the moment, I pray the old Days return as soon as possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2019
Isaac Success is a cow undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

If Iheanacho can be as good as Martins, I wonder what kinda Names Dudes gonna call him on this Thread. Perhaps GOAT ever come from Africa Soil.

Martins balled in a star-studded Inter Milan, balled in England with Newcastle United, balled in Spain, though with Levante before going into retirement in US and China respectively.

It's a pity we often glory mediocrity on this Thread a lot. Our No. 9 is plying his Trade in China, his first Deputy is warming Bench at Leicester, others ain't even existing on the Radar yet.

Because Awoniyi is banging Goals with a lowly Club in Belgium, Dudes are already singing his Name and calling for his Inclusion in the Super Eagles. Chuks was so hyped to the extent many committed Blasphemy against the Gods of Soccer.

Let me just stop here, Eagles are in a Wilderness at the moment, I pray the old Days return as soon as possible.

With all that being said, who do you suggest we start @ no. 9.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Let me just stop here, Eagles are in a Wilderness at the moment, I pray the old Days return as soon as possible.

And what did we achieve during this "old days"? Days we struggle to beat Angola, Mozambique etc.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:51pm On Mar 09, 2019
Clementoke:

And what did we achieve during this "old days"? Days we struggle to beat Angola, Mozambique etc.
grin grin

grin

Oh...... I forget Rohr has won AFCON for us with the present Squad and as well reached the KO stage at the World Cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Oh...... I forget Rohr has won AFCON for us with the present Squad and as well reached the KO stage at the World Cup.

You didn't answer my question. Who should we utilize at no.9 and who should coach our time other that Rohr?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2019
raindodger13:

With all that being said, who do you suggest we start @ no. 9.

grin

I will go with Osimhen and Awoniyi, coz I believe with proper management and development, they can hopefully turn out to be better than what we have now. Otherwise I would have said no one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Lol!
Did I say that?
What I mean is that there is no difference between these "old days" and now.
Nobody has time to watching some carefully selected highlights of an individual performance.
The question is what did these players of the "old days"achieve with the SE?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:02pm On Mar 09, 2019
raindodger13:

You didn't answer my question. Who should we utilize at no.9 and who should coach our time other that Rohr?

Ighalo is your number 9 at the moment ,rohr is the coach

Make una learn how to accept that for now

If you like suggest any player ,as far as ighalo no break leg e go start for afcon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Rohr has qualified for the world cup and Afcon without using calculator

Something we have not done in a long time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
Sundowns V Lobi
1. - 0

opening minutes!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
Sundowns V Lobi
0 - 1

opening minutes!

Lobi is down by a goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

I will go with Osimhen and Awoniyi, coz I believe with proper management and development, they can hopefully turn out to be better than what we have now. Otherwise I would have said no one.

You're the same guy that said Awoniyi was playing for lowley belgium club not long ago.

I noticed that many Nigerian fans like to complain about how bad the team is but then they turn around and tear down anything good they see in team. In your Obagoal post you trashed players that had potential like Samu and Awoniyi. But when I ask you how we can replace him you could barely give me names.
The same way people were campaigning for Atiku, Sowore, Fela, Mughalu etc...to kick Buhari out of Aso Rock people insulted them on this forum. And these are the same guys that will turn around to open their mouth to complain about the economy and fulani herdsman killings. It's a vicious cycle of doing the same things and expecting different results.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2019
Clementoke:

Lobi is down by a goal
yes Sir. Thanks

Lobi's defense is a sight for tired eyes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Considering the bold these are the components that are made in your parent club not in the national team of the SE.

In otherwords prove your quality week in week out in your club and league.

If you are in a lower league and club then you should be outstanding in that club and league. The SE is confirmation of your quality not where you find it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2019
andrew444:

Ighalo is your number 9 at the moment ,rohr is the coach

Make una learn how to accept that for now

If you like suggest any player ,as far as ighalo no break leg e go start for afcon

I know even though he isn't perfect, I wanted to see what Oasis would say since he made it seem like we had a problem at no. 9.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Let me just stop here, Eagles are in Wilderness at the moment, I pray the old Days return as soon as possible.
Martins was so hot at Serie A that the legendary Paulo Maldini proclaimed him the toughest striker he's ever played against.

We no longer produce hot strikers like him so it's easy to be tempted to hang on to whatever strikers we see. It's a coping mechanism.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:33pm On Mar 09, 2019
Personally i think that the quality of players we have now are of lower class than early 90s to early 2000s

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 09, 2019
Dominic Iorfas revival continues with another goal!!!! Order for humble pie loading o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2019
isan:
They are being paid according to the revenue they generate

This stuff is not complicated. It's not about the activities, but results.

It's like a cleaner complaining that he earns much less than the COO despite the fact that he comes earlier and leaves later than the rest of the team.

If women want to earn more, they need to bring in more revenue.

In modeling, women earn much more than men, and men do not complain of marginalization because every rational person knows that it's all about the economic value you bring to the table.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2019
joseph1013:

Martins was so hot at Serie A that the legendary Paulo Maldini proclaimed him the toughest striker he's ever played against.

We no longer produce hot strikers like him so it's easy to be tempted to hang on to whatever strikers we see. It's a coping mechanism.

Wow what a commendation from Maldini shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

Martins career is finished. We do not know how some of the younger players will turn out.

Iheanacho started very well but he has lost it.

Chuks has started well, hopefully he keeps getting better.

Like someone said, even when we had all these strikers, we won nothing.

Keshi took one of our worst nations cup team to the trophy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5585) (5586) (5587) (5588) (5589) (5590) (5591) ... (16714) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: typicalgamer(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.