Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,134 members, 7,936,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 03:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5752) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12351388 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5749) (5750) (5751) (5752) (5753) (5754) (5755) ... (16573) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2019
Icon79:
Which big boys did you avoid? You still gotta play either one of the following countries: Ghana, Cote d'ivorie, Mali, Guinea, Algeria, DR Congo. We're lucky that two teams would qualify from each group. And we better hope that we qualify tops .... let's pray that we'll avoid CIV and Ghana.

O pari

Civ and Ghana with Christian Atsu and Jeffrey Schlupp grin bros forget that they are not good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
andrew444:

Lols

Spurs have the best chance to qualify and they cant beat Juve/ajax, its not over yet sha

Barca 4 life

Mancity can over turn that 1:0 deficit within the first 10mins at Etihad. City are still favorite to advance IMO.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
Icon4s:

Mancity can over turn that 1:0 deficit within the first 10mins at Etihad. City are still favorite to advance IMO.

Agreed thats why i said its not over.

If city qualify they are off to the finals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2019
Icon79:
Which big boys did you avoid? You still gotta play either one of the following countries: Ghana, Cote d'ivorie, Mali, Guinea, Algeria, DR Congo. We're lucky that two teams would qualify from each group. And we better hope that we qualify tops .... let's pray that we'll avoid CIV and Ghana.

O pari

It is a 24team tournament. 2 teams qualify automatically from each of the 6 groups plus 4 best 3rd placed teams. Making 16 for the second round matches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
I don't know if this Clip had been shared here, but I couldn't hold myself but to share or re-share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6gWn-KzSw

Watch and enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
Earthquake2:

Countinho drifted into Am and when Messi wants to do a 1-2 with Alba, Countinho would be standing in the way so he'll pass to Countinho same with Alba

Countinho was poor yesterday

If you people are tired of Coutinho, please return him to Liverpool.. we didn't labour so hard to nurture him to be intimidated by Messi...Jejely give him back if u think he isn't fit for ur club .....thank you!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2019
chrisooblog:
hey guys just saw this on CAF's official twitter handle final seedings for the draw released https://twitter.com/CAF_Online

POT 1: Nigeria, Egypt, Cameroon, Senegal, Tunisia, Morocco

POT 2: Ghana, Cote d'ivorie, Mali, Guinea, Algeria, DR Congo

POT 3: South Africa, Uganda, Kenya, Benin, Mauritania, Madagascar

POT 4: Zimbabwe, Angola, Namibia, Tanzania, Guinea bissau, Burundi

The seeding I shared here sometimes ago was fake then... though many sport websites carried it..

Seems like caf gave us more point for winning the afcon in 2013 and also cus of our FIFA ranking... maybe the ranking carries more point cus I don't get why CIV aren't in pot 1 .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
do4luv14:
Delta State based Excellent Academy Coach/CEO Johnbull Onome on Golden Eaglets left back Ogaga Oduko.

"
Ogaga playing with Excellent lost his Father and mother when he was Young. From Erumukuvwarie
Was adopted by One Ese Oduko when Lawrence messi called that During the trial in Lagos Mr Ese Oduko saw played well pick him after Explaining every thing to him decides to help him and adopted him.

Played Airtel rising Stars season 1 and 2 at River state zonal Champioship made South South team list to Lagos and won the National Championship.

Base on Ogaga have no parents when he made Aspire Nigeria Top 50 I decided he should base in Lagos as his luck might be there. That was his that good UK base Ese Oduko saw him and all is history.
We pray for God Almighty to bless Mr Ese Oduko and his entire Family wishing him long life and sound health.

Aspire Nigeria top 50 2016. He was pick in Ughelli My Center and I took him to Lagos for the final 50 and he made top 10. But Only 3 was to move to Qatar.. Was not Lucky to make it.
He played 10 as A.M that was why we called him little messi but because of his Power Strength and Accurate pull out and good free kick taker I decided to be playing him from Left Full back because he was far better than the 3 Left full back we have in Excellent both Senior and junior�.

Very quite Responsible cool headed and always give is all when in the pitch
A heart of Gold. Uk based Nigeria agent Ese Oduko during one of several trals saw the talent of a certain deltan footballer named Ogaga & saw him through his struggles. Ogaga, an orphan had big dreams but yet little or no support. Ese, married with kids, took a very bold step deciding to adopt Ogaga & take responsibilty of his upkeep for the rest of his career. Ese, recently visited Nigeria on sport biz & attend Ogaga's sister convocation ceremony. Watch out for Ogaga Oduko, Nigeria left full back who has surmounted d odds to make the team to Tanzania for the U17 African Nations Cup. Goodluck Ogaga. Thank you Ese Oduko for your kindness

from Nigeria football fans on facebook

Please journalism is not for everybody. If you can't distinguish between present and past tenses you have no business writing articles abeg

Just look at what this disgrace of a "writer" did here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2019
maybe CAF just waited for latest FIFA rankings before doing the final seedings

Danielnino00:

The seeding I shared here sometimes ago was fake then... though many sport websites carried it..

Seems like caf gave us more point for winning the afcon in 2013 and also cus of our FIFA ranking... maybe the ranking carries more point cus I don't get why CIV aren't in pot 1 .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2019
The beauty of where the draws would hold tomorrow
What a sight to behold

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

If you people are tired of Coutinho, please return him to Liverpool.. we didn't labour so hard to nurture him to be intimidated by Messi...Jejely give him back if u think he isn't fit for ur club .....thank you!

grin Give us Salah and take Coutinho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
TBT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwJTUbCJlY8

When Eagles still got Wings.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Lateef has deleted all his Naija photos and locked his account. That boy is gooooooone. Another prospective Nigerian talent bites the dust.

We may not realize it now but this is a very serious matter. There is already the impression among FB's that our national teams view them as outsiders. First it was Alaba getting snubbed, then Amokachi snubbing Beyreuther despite the latter's impassioned plea to the NFF to consider him, then Sophia Omidiji being snubbed for the women's AFCON despite doing quite well for her club,.... the list is endless.

I am not saying FB's should get automatic shirts, but we must handle this matter veeery delicately and diplomatically. I would advise the coach to make a public statement commending all the rejected foreign born players for thier patriotism and giving some reasons why they were dropped as well as expressing hope that they will maintain thier allegiance to us in the future.

Publicity can make or mar any organization.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
I jus came out of my draw room now...and dis is how my own afcon 2019 group will be like

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

We may not realize it now but this is a very serious matter. There is already the impression among FB's that our national teams view them as outsiders. First it was Alaba getting snubbed, then Amokachi snubbing Beyreuther despite the latter's impassioned plea to the NFF to consider him, then Sophia Omidiji being snubbed for the women's AFCON despite doing quite well for her club,.... the list is endless.

I am not saying FB's should get automatic shirts, but we must handle this matter veeery delicately and diplomatically. I would advise the coach to make a public statement commending all the rejected foreign born players for thier patriotism and giving some reasons why they were dropped as well as expressing hope that they will maintain thier allegiance to us in the future.

Idowu, Ekong, Balogun.

Nuff said.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lateef is not the only kid that got dropped.
Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Idowu, Ekong, Balogun.

Nuff said.

I didn't say I believe FB's are truly marginalized.

But sadly, that's the impression among some diaspora based Nigerians who may not have this info you just posted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I didn't say I believe FB's are truly marginalized.

But sadly, that's the impression among some diaspora based Nigerians who may not have this info you just posted.

If they see us take Ekong, Balogun and Idowu to the World Cup and still feel marginalized, then it is not our fault.

If they do not want to play, it is not by force. We will scout and keep raising talents that will fight for us when it matters the most.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

How about Balogun, Ekong and Ebeuhi?
These people need to understand that they cannot all be there. First of all, there are a lot of Nigerians. Secondly, there are other FBs who made the list as well.
I know in the past we haven't always done things properly, but like you said being foreign born does not mean you get an automatic shirt. I can understand with Sophie and Deji because I don't know why they have not been called up, but Lateef is still eligible for the next U17 World Cup and he can still try again.
Manu Garba imo is probably one of the fairest coaches (at this level) that we have and someone mentioned that he had a pool of 60 boys to choose from.
Like elyte said, what of those who were in camp, impressed the coach, and MRI didn't let them through despite being within the correct age bracket?
Let these foreign borns also understand. We don't want them to feel like outsiders but we can't give them preference over their colleagues born here either. Everyone deserves a fair chance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
The coach should come out and make a public statement because a foreign born was rejected

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
Paul Onuachu is currently getting all the accolades when Nigerian players playing for Danish side Midtjylland are talked about and rightly so because of his impressive form in front of goals the past three seasons.

Onuachu’s form has already earned him a first senior cap for Nigeria but if he maintains his current form it won’t be long before another Nigerian at the club Frank Onyeka get the recognition his form deserve with a national team call up.

Still only 21 which means he is eligible for the Nigerian Olympic team, Onyeka has won three straight man of the match award this season and he capped his fine season with a wonderful goal in Midtjylland’s 2-2 draw away to Esbjerg four days ago.

Already a winner of the Danish Superliga last season, the midfielder who already has three goals from 15 league games this season, one less of his total from same number of games last season is tipped for a summer move to a top league.

Quick, strong, skillful and with an eye for goal, he has been a revelation this season in the midfield alongside 28 year old fellow Nigerian Rilwan Hassan who has been at the club since 2010.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
Though I wish to see him [Lateef] in GWG, but I trust the Decision of Manu Garba and kudos to the NFF for not forcing Lateef on him.

Lateef needs to calm and wait for the future. I understand his Temperament, he's young, did everything to don the GWG but feeling dejected and rejected for not making the final List.

I will rather advise him to keep it cool, up his Game, who knows he might be on Board to the World Cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Lateef has deleted all his Naija photos and locked his account. That boy is gooooooone. Another prospective Nigerian talent bites the dust.

Wetin abeg. angry. Na him Papa get National Team?

He did not measure up to the standards and so was dropped. The boy is still very young and can still feature with the next U17.

Once again Kudos to Manu Garba for selecting based on merit and not sentiments. His decision is final on his choice of players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2019
Oasis007:
Though I wish to see him [Lateef] in GWG, but I trust the Decision of Manu Garba and kudos to the NFF for not forcing Lateef on him.

Lateef needs to calm and wait for the future. I understand his Temperament, he's young, did everything to don the GWG but feeling dejected and rejected for not making the final List.

I will rather advise him to keep it cool, up his Game, who knows he might be on Board to the World Cup.

After all he played the U15 tournament, is that not also GWG?. The boy is still young to play U17 abeg. He should wait for the next crop. There are so many U15 talents discovered from that U15 tournament not just Lateef. He should wait and play with his mates in 2years time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Lateef is not the only kid that got dropped.
Finito.

Exactly! Why make a case out of this? He was simply found inadequate to compete at this level. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
Icon4s:

Wetin abeg. angry. Na him Papa get National Team?

He did not measure up to the standards and so was dropped. The boy is still very young and can still feature with the next U17.

Once again Kudos to Manu Garba for selecting based on merit and not sentiments. His decision is final on his choice of players.

Oga you don talk am.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
Nigeria
CIV
Madagascar(Ahmad's factor)
Tazania(Amuneke's factor)

I see the above to be the trickest possible group Nigeria can find itself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
Omidiji is human first. So the frustration and disappointment ain't strange.
I trust Manu's selection process beyond doubt.

The boy will need to put in more effort if he is to play for any of our age grade teams or wait till he turns pro. No homegrown kid will ever allow such opportunity of making it big to slip off to the FBs so the reason for high competitiveness in camp.

Finally, I must salute the two FBs for putting in great shift to make the cut. It's aint easy competing against hungry boys. They've made history as the first set of FBs to make it into the u-17s.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

There are other foreign born players that made the team. Adrian Akande and Joseph Oluwabusola are foreign born players.

The boy simply did not make the cut and he can try again later
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2019
AIG07:
Nigeria
CIV
Madagascar(Ahmad's factor)
Tazania(Amuneke's factor)

I see the above to be the trickest possible group Nigeria can find itself.

I don't want us to play Madagascar at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
chrisooblog:
hey guys just saw this on CAF's official twitter handle final seedings for the draw released https://twitter.com/CAF_Online

POT 1: Nigeria, Egypt, Cameroon, Senegal, Tunisia, Morocco

POT 2: Ghana, Cote d'ivorie, Mali, Guinea, Algeria, DR Congo

POT 3: South Africa, Uganda, Kenya, Benin, Mauritania, Madagascar

POT 4: Zimbabwe, Angola, Namibia, Tanzania, Guinea bissau, Burundi

I want to play Cote D'ivoire, South Africa and Tanzania.

About CIV, I want them bkus of the rivalry that exists btwn us, which would make the game a cracker. That said, Most people in here av talked the talk(berating CIV), I wonder why they are now so scared of walking the walk.

About SA, I just want their runny bucalcavities shot for good.

In Tanzania, I would want to test Amunike's might. Dude has proven to be a very good student of sir Westerhof

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5749) (5750) (5751) (5752) (5753) (5754) (5755) ... (16573) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, lovewins, Amedino99(m), chuks404, M7even(m), IFELEKE(m), Meliforme, lbrichman2, Debroslink, kennysville(m), mrwilliams9, joelsteron, Afobear, geonyte(m) and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.