Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,083 members, 7,960,442 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12487419 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (16716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
tbaba1234:

He is 25, not so young.. It is now or never.

Wow 25 is old now? U don't even see ur prime till 28 if u are a normal human. If he takes care of his body I don't see why he can't play another 10 years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
terzurum5:
Chrisantus – Osimhen Suffering What I Witnessed At Hamburg, Three Coaches In A Year

Former World Youth Championship top scorer Macauley Chrisantus says Victor Osimhen is battling same issues that stopped him from fulfilling his potentials at German club Hamburg.

Just like Chrisantus in 2007, Osimhen moved to German side Wolfsburg after emerging as top scorer at the U-17 World Youth Championship in 2015.

Osimhen only recently became eligible to represent the team in competitive games after clocking 18 in January but in his one year stay at the club, he has already worked with two coaches following the sacking of Dieter Hecking and Valerin Ismael.

Only yesterday the club appointed their third coach of the season in Andreas Jonker, and according to Chrisantus, constant managerial changes during his time at Hamburg didn’t help his career growth, same thing he fears could happen to Osimhen.

” I worked under 5 coaches in my first year at Hamburg. It’s funny because just when you think you are winning the heart of the coach. He is replaced by another”, Chrisantus told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I fear the worst for Osimhen, three coaches in one year with Wolfsburg. Not quite ideal for his growth, moreso when you consider the fact that the Sporting Director who influenced his signing is no longer at the club.

” But he is a strong lad, stronger than me back in the days. So am trusting him to succeed where I couldn’t, he has all it takes to succeed.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/28/chrisantus-osimhen-suffering-what-i-witnessed-at-hamburg-three-coaches-in-a-year/

May what befell you, Chrisantus, not befall Osimhen.

So na because dem change coach for ur club 3 times na him make u lose form?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
(See Photo) – Leicester Star Ndidi Receives Belgium Goal Of The Year Award Plaque

Leicester City star midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has received the Belgium goal of the year award plaque for his goal of the year award he won for his goal last season while at Belgian side Genk.

Ndidi’s goal was scored for Genk against Club Brugge, but was absent at the ceremony where the award was given out as he has already concluded his move to Leicester City.

He however received the award in England, and posted pictures of himself posing with the award in England.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/28/see-photo-leicester-star-ndidi-receives-belgium-goal-of-the-year-award-plaque/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
Icon4s:

Maybe gringrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
terzurum5:
Manchester United Scouts Have Watched Super Eagles Star Etebo Severally This Season

CD Feirense and Super Eagles star midfielder Oghenekaro Etebo has been watched by top European teams including English Premier League giants Manchester United.

Scouts have regularly watched CD Feirense’s game and reports in Portugal says they have been to these games primarily due to Etebo and 26 year old Brazilian forward Platiny.

The duo are reportedly two of the prized asset of the newly promoted Portuguese team, with Etebo the most favoured as he is only 21 years old.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that scouts from the La-Liga have also watched the Eagles midfield maestro but in England, Manchester United have posted scouts to his games more than any other club.

According to reports Etebo who has played in 12 games this season has played in 6 times in front of scouts from the newly crowned EFL Champions in England.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/27/manchester-united-scouts-have-watched-super-eagles-star-etebo-severally-this-season/

Manchester United I recommend this war horse to you. cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
Icon4s:

We are fond of disgracing our heroes out of the team.
Its a crying shame that needs to stop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ndidi, Vardy Nominated For Best Leicester Player Vs Liverpool

By James Agberebi:

Nigeria midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has been nominated for Leicester City Man of the Match award in Monday’s 3-1 win against Liverpool at the King Power Stadium, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Acccording to a four-man list published on Leicester’s official Twitter handle on Tuesday morning, other players in the running are Jamie Vardy, Christian Fuchs and Danny Drinkwater.

A brace from Vardy and a goal from Danny Drinkwater secured Leicester’s first win in 2017. Liverpool’s goal was scored by Philippe Coutinho.

Ndidi put up a five-star performance in midfield for Leicester who have been on a poor run which led to the sacking of Claudio Ranieri.

Ndidi made 11 tackles against Liverpool, a stat only bettered by former Leicester player N’Golo Kante who made 14 tackles (also against Liverpool), the most made in a Premier League match this season.

The winner will be anoounced later on Tuesday evening.

With the win, Leicester are now 15th in the league table and two points off the drop zone.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ndidi-nominated-best-player-leicester-vs-liverpool/#jgv1mEgYDe2kCZib.99
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Its a crying shame that needs to stop.

It was only Okocha and Kanu that I know got the farewell they deserved. Others even Keshi were almost pushed and booed out of the team. They were tagged 'old tired legs'. Keshi as a big boss just retired jeje. Finidi and Oliseh were disgraced out. Yakubu, even with all the good times he had with our national was shamed out due to that miss against Korea Rep. U saw how Oliseh treated Enyeama, our all time best goalie. The list continues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

That's total BS. U are saying the player of the year can flop and its no big deal . So u expected Musa to be carrying a team from the bench? Hazard took the blame because he is their key player. U arguement about being a legend flops when we look at Rooney.

@ bold,, u gt it wrong,,,
Not Dat he should carry d team all alone,,,,, as of now,,,, Musa Neva lived up to expectations
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
Arsenal and Chelsea join list of top clubs to keep tabs on £6million-rated Nigerian starlet Henry Onyekuru

•Arsenal and Chelsea are keeping a close eye on Eupen star Henry Onyekuru
•Onyekuru was the subject of a £1million bid from Celtic in the January window
•Belgian outfit are hoping to hold out for at least £6m for the 19-year-old winger
•Sevilla, Borussia Dortmund, Monchengladbach and Lille are also interested

By Simon Jones for the Daily Mail

Arsenal and Chelsea have joined the queue of clubs keeping a check on Nigerian prospect Henry Onyekuru.

The 19-year-old winger plays for Eupen in Belgium and was a target for Celtic in January who had a bid of £1million rejected.

Onyekuru went AWOL for several days in the hope of pushing through a transfer to Glasgow but has since returned to action and has been given assurances he can leave in the summer.

Arsenal and Chelsea are keeping track of the £6million-rated Eupen star Henry Onyekuru

Onyekuru was the subject of a £1million bid from Celtic in the January transfer window

The Belgians though are looking for £6million with the fee key to Onyekuru being able to gain a work permit in the UK.

Onyekuru has scored 12 goals in 26 games this season, including the winner against Tottenham's European conquerors Gent earlier this month, when he impressed several watching scouts.

Sevilla, Borussia Dortmund, Monchengladbach and Lille have also sent staff to check on his progress in recent weeks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4265714/Arsenal-Chelsea-eye-Nigerian-starlet-Onyekuru.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
Icon4s:

I agree with Chrisantus, having a much as 3 coach a season might affect the development of a youngster

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
johnpaul3232:
It is very annoying when sure game are posted online and they are been neglected that day, then the next day somebody will call you and tell you he was scam yesterday and that he saw your game,he not sure about the game that is why he/she didnt call.please today fixed game is available with 400 odds, to subscribe see picture below to call or whatsapp, please is not free and no after payment thanks

D u know Dat 400 odd x 20000 is around 8m?
If I were you,,,, I won't be posting it online asking for call,,,, I go Dae play my tin every week,,,, tink about it bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
zicky:
I agree with Chrisantus, having a much as 3 coach a season might affect the development of a youngster

Was that why Chrisantus completely fell off the block?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
Everton Fc signed Ademola Lookman for £11m

While Onyekuru was the subject of a £1million bid from Celtic in the January transfer window.

Hmmmmmm are your thinking what am thinking

The question is who is better ?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
Icon4s:

Was that why Chrisantus completely fell off the block?
It is one out of many reasons btw he said 5 coaches in a year that's way too much it can put a young player coming from Africa off balance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2017
goldfish80:

25yrs is still very young. Statistically, Players peak between 27-30. He still have a whole career ahead of him.

By the way, I remember saying on this thread that Chisom did not add a day to his age. Chisom deserves commendation for being honest about his age.
He is a good lad.
Wow! hearing these for the first time, seems you know him very well. Komekn should have something to say
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
zicky:
Wow! hearing these for the first time, seems you know him very well. Komekn should have something to say

Yes, Chisom did not subtract a year(well maybe he subtracted just one but I doubt), a cousin of mine actually had his facebook contacts a long long time ago and she alluded to the fact that he didn't change his age, as a matter of fact the said facebook contact is still active. He is an honest lad, hopefully the change in weather won't affect him at Hacken

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
Icon4s:

I am hink he had a valid point here,
because those coaches always come with different approaches ,
nt good for development,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
do4luv14:

I am hink he had a valid point here,
because those coaches always come with different approaches ,
nt good for development,

I get the point.
But that is what will turn a golden boot and silver boot winner into a complete flop?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
terzurum5:

While Onyekuru was the subject of a £1million bid from Celtic in the January transfer window.

The issue is not all about who is better now. It is a question of who has the better prospect to be a big hit.

If I buy Lookman(for now an English boy) today at 11m pounds I stand a chance of selling him for as much as 30m+ in a few years time. That is a whopping 19m profit on his sign-on. If I buy Onyekuru (a Nigerian boy) today even for 5m pounds he is not as likely to be worth up to 20m pounds in a couple of years.

I have stated this factor here before. Nigerian or African youngsters are not as much likely to turn out to be good investments as much as South American or European youngsters.

This is a bitter truth but it is the truth. African youngsters have over the decades mostly turned out not to leave up to their hypes and expectations and these Europeans understand this fact.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
Mickael2:

Goldfish just wants to include Onazi. Speaking strictly on form and stats, Mikel Agu and Ndidi are ahead of him by a mile.

Besides, his criticism of Ndidi isn't fair. A proper analysis of Ndidi's play shows that he isn't playing just as the DMF but as the all round midfield destroyer, that's why he plays with another DMF as well so in essence, their criticism of Ndidi is actually a testament to his tactical ingenuity, the ability to play various forms of the DMF role, the boy isn't going to be world class, he already is!
Funny enough you have been having a go at Onazi for exactly same reasons you have used to defend Ndidi.
If Onazi's stats weren't so good, he wouldn't have won 3 back to back man of the match awards.
http://africanfootball.com/news/690045/Onazi-full-of-praise-after-third-Man-of-the-Match-Award-in-Turkey

I doubt any Nigeria player have picked up 3 straight man of the match awards this seaon. I stand to be corrected. Please give honour to whom honour is due. It takes nothing away to acknowledge something good if you see one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
goldfish80:

Funny enough you have been having a go at Onazi for exactly same reasons you have used to defend Ndidi.
If Onazi's stats weren't so good, he wouldn't have won 3 back to back man of the match awards.
http://africanfootball.com/news/690045/Onazi-full-of-praise-after-third-Man-of-the-Match-Award-in-Turkey

I doubt any Nigeria player have picked up 3 straight man of the match awards this seaon. I stand to be corrected. Please give honour to whom honour is due. It takes nothing away to acknowledge something good if you see one.

Onazi was not Man of the match in 3 games straight, he was not man of the Match in their last match. Several players performed better.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1107260/Live

Sometimes, we just hype our player when it is not exactly true.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
I think Oshimhen is in good hands. His new boss Andres Jonker is an apostle of youth football. His work with Maastrach and the Dutch football federation as technical assistant is well established.
His vast experience in managing young players moved Arsenal to employ him as their Academy director.

I understand he's coming to Wolfsburg with Freddie Ljumberg as his assistant. Ljumberg on his part have been managing Arsenal U15's. Oshimhen is in good hands.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
goldfish80:
I think Oshimhen is in good hands. His new boss Andres Jonker is an apostle of youth football. His work with Maastrach and the Dutch football federation as technical assistant is well established.
His vast experience in managing young players moved Arsenal to employ him as their Academy director.

I understand he's coming to Wolfsburg with Freddie Ljumberg as his assistant. Ljumberg on his part have been managing Arsenal U15's. Oshimhen is in good hands.

As long as they believe in him... Sometimes, new coaches have different preferences.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
tbaba1234:

Onazi was not Man of the match in 3 games straight, he was not man of the Match in their last match. Several players performed better.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1107260/Live

Sometimes, we just hype our player when it is not exactly true.
Whoscored is a data site. They don't hand over official man of the match awards.
I wonder why you think Onazi will be lying.

Nigeria international Ogenyi Onazi has said the glory should go to God after he won his third straight Man of the Match Award with Turkish club Trabzonspor.
On Monday, the Super Eagles star was adjudged the man of the match in his team’s goalless draw with Alanyaspor.
Onazi said this latest award will spur him to do more.
"I am happy with the man of the match award. I have got this for three games in a row now,” said the former Lazio star.
“The award is for God, who made everything possible.
“It will make me to continue to do more.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
goldfish80:

Nigeria international Ogenyi Onazi has said the glory should go to God after he won his third straight Man of the Match Award with Turkish club Trabzonspor.
On Monday, the Super Eagles star was adjudged the man of the match in his team’s goalless draw with Alanyaspor.
Onazi said this latest award will spur him to do more.
"I am happy with the man of the match award. I have got this for three games in a row now,” said the former Lazio star.
“The award is for God, who made everything possible.
“It will make me to continue to do more.

Can we verify this from any Turkish sites? From the stats, several players were much better than him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by whizola: 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
Icon4s:

The issue is not all about who is better now. It is a question of who has the better prospect to be a big hit.

If I buy Lookman(for now an English boy) today at 11m pounds I stand a chance of selling him for as much as 30m+ in a few years time. That is a whopping 19m profit on his sign-on. If I buy Onyekuru (a Nigerian boy) today even for 5m pounds he is not as likely to be worth up to 20m pounds in a couple of years.

I have stated this factor here before. Nigerian or African youngsters are not as much likely to turn out to be good investments as much as South American or European youngsters.

This is a bitter truth but it is the truth. African youngsters have over the decades mostly turned out not to leave up to their hypes and expectations and these Europeans understand this fact.

I see u are one of those Nigeria dat underate any thing local breed because of their obsession of foreign lads. Do u mean lookman has more potential than henry?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
terzurum5:

Bro u know it's all about future potential,,,,
Larger percentage of Nigeria and African youngsters in past 10 yearz had not lived up to expectations so Foreign clubs are trading wit care,,,,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
terzurum5:
(See Cute Photo) – Iheanacho Models Manchester City New Italian Suit

Manchester City have unveiled their new club suit designed by Italian fashion brand DSQUARED2.

The club revealed photos of the unveiling with Nigerian striker Kelechi Iheanacho leading the pile in an all black three piece suite, which will serve as their pre match outfits for away Champions League matches.

Commenting on the unveiling of the suit, founders and designers of DSQUARED2, Dean and Dan Caten said: “We wanted the players to feel as confident in this suit as they do when they pull on their team jersey.

“Every element of the DSQUARED2 for Manchester City suit is designed to show modern tailoring sophistication: from its Italian refined wool fabric and the sartorial skill used in construction, and the contemporary fit, it’s a statement of masculine elegance.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/28/see-cute-photo-iheanacho-models-manchester-city-new-italian-suit/
sir pep kelechi is not a model he is a footballer get him game times

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
most likely, fake news

Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
Joebie:
most likely, fake news

This is not the first time that Christantus has complained about this..

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (16716) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: superbloke(m), MasterShanghai, Canada2021 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.