Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,205 members, 7,963,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12517608 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6300) (6301) (6302) (6303) (6304) (6305) (6306) ... (16731) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2019
Bolowolowo:

It's a total eyesore. A few months to the tournament when the ticket sells were low, they should've started to give out free tickets. Maybe that would've helped.

Couldn't agree less. Well, let's hope for an impressive turnout starting from the knockout stages.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2019
tglobal:

You can also watch on beIN sports

Bein sports dey ask for money now? Abi is it free? And how much is it for a month?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
So far, the AFCON has gone one as I anticipated...

Lots of low scoring games...a lot of exciting games... the small teams giving the big boys a run for their money,but last last they are in their rightful place grin .. A few of them may make it out of the group as best third placed team... But round of 16 is the bus stop... grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
Danielnino00:

Na Chriskel boys o grin ..

Since last year he's been preaching to us about how good they are grin

I have said it beside the super eagles....the only team that plays well is Senegal.

The rest are still coming up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
Bolowolowo:

It's a total eyesore. A few months to the tournament when the ticket sells were low, they should've started to give out free tickets. Maybe that would've helped.

Could security issues have anything to do with low turnout. This one dat random bombings happen and coupled with the death of their former president.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2019
klexycole:

Couldn't agree less. Well, let's hope for an impressive turnout starting from the knockout stages.

From what I gathered, price of tickets are quite high...

I don't think Egypt has that much sub Saharan African citizens living there (not tourists) .

Somehow I'm starting to wish South Africa had won the hosting right....naija games go get full house grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
Danielnino00:

I don't think Egypt has that much sub Saharan African citizens living there (not tourists) .

Somehow I'm starting to wish South Africa had won the hosting right....naija games go get full house grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 5:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
OMANBALA1:
Guys, where can I get a clip of Burundi vs Nigeria. I haven't seen the game.
Download Videoder app on your phone. Install & search d game. Full game & highlights. U can download in MP4. Just thank me later.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
klexycole:

cheesy cheesy

When we played Burkina Faso in the final that year,stadium just full grin ... naija flag everywhere ..

Nigerian teams don't get that kind of support in north Africa . West central and south Africa na our home too grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
My take from South Africa vs Ivory coast

1) South Africa have money have organization but lack talent :If preparation is a yardstick for winning the tournament, South Africa would have won the Afcon, sorry Bafana Bafana

2) Zaha is still Ivory coast best player: He had 15 minutes on the match but he gave the South Africans some beating with 4 attempted dribbles

3) Pepe is good;but not that good : Apart from two wonderful free kicks he was largely anonymous against inferior South African defenders

4) Stars do not make a team : Arguably the most talented side in the tournament, Ivory Coast had a terrible match with a lot of fouls and only two clear cut chances

5) There are no more minnows in African football :Like have been proven over the tournament, if you don't up your game you will be beaten. Ivory have erratic striker Kodija to thank for sparing their blushes

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
Pls where are the argument warlords?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
The real upset may happen in Tunisia vs Angola
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2019
Taliban:
Pls where are the argument warlords?

They went to recharge their batteries..

They will be back soon..with the usual grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
Danielnino00:

They went to recharge their batteries..

They will be back soon..with the usual grin

Maybe na Muda lawal vs Socrates go be next one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Xlad(m): 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
I think one of the reasons of low turnout is all these visa stuffs... UEFA Euro cup always have high turnouts because almost 80% of the member states fans do not require visa to enter the hosting country, but here in Africa, each fan must first get a visa which is stressful... CAF should try to discuss this with each hosting nation to start following same procedure Russia used during the last world. No need for fans to first get visa... Just Fan ID with security chips in it. And each CAF member must always advertise about it, that any football loving fans can now travel to the hosting country without visa, but just with the FAN ID and hotel confirmation payments slips... This way there will be high turnouts of fans from different countries..

look at this women's world cup, high turnouts, same with COPA AMERICA...

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THOSE FRAUDSTERS CALLED CAF EXECUTIVES ARE DOING...

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 6:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
Danielnino00:

When we played Burkina Faso in the final that year,stadium just full grin ... naija flag everywhere ..

Nigerian teams don't get that kind of support in north Africa . West central and south Africa na our home too grin

Naija no dry carry las. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2019
Xlad:
I think one of the reasons of low turnout is all these visa stuffs... UEFA Euro cup always have high turnouts because almost 80% of the member states fans do not require visa to enter the hosting country, but here in Africa, each fan must first get a visa which is stressful... CAF should try to discuss this with each hosting nation to start following same procedure Russia used during the last world. No need for fans to first get visa... Just Fan ID with security chips in it. And each CAF member must always advertise about it, that any football loving fans can now travel to the hosting country without visa, but just with the FAN ID and hotel confirmation payments slips... This way there will be high turnouts of fans from different countries..

look at this women's world cup, high turnouts, same with COPA AMERICA...

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THOSE FRAUDSTERS CALLED CAF EXECUTIVES ARE DOING...

It's hard not to hate this continent!! Africa does not want to think! Tueh!!!

Okay look at this AFCON now, it is the equivalent of the Euro competition of Europe. It is the equivalent of this Copa America currently on now, why can't Africa sit and plan it's own competition properly. All these should have been covered in the planning stages. Everything must not be jagajaga all the time! Ahn ahn! It's an eyesore to see AFCON matches. a continental competition, being played in empty stadia like a friendly behind closed doors! The stadia used in Copa America are bursting with spectators but look at Africa's Copa America. Tueh!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:32pm On Jun 24, 2019
Danielnino00:

To get egypt visa na problem bro, maybe thats why
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2019
Earthquake3:

This match is an eyesore, A decent side will beat these overpaid idiots

How many decent side have won games convincing ?

Why calling them overpaid idiots?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
andrew444:

To get egypt visa na problem bro, maybe thats why

They seem too rigid. Even their citizens aren't coming out to watch live matches either.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
Earthquake3:

These guys will find it hard to qualify from this group

Ivory coast will find it hard to qualify from this group? I think you must be a big joker

Nations cup wey get best looser na em ivory coast go comot for group stage?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
Danielnino00:

[/b]Somehow I'm starting to wish South Africa had won the hosting right....naija games go get full house[b] grin
Nah. It wouldn't be a good time for that. Things are crazy at the moment and it might lead to something else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 6:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
Tunisia converts a penalty.

38" mins played.

Tunisia 1 - 0 Angola
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
klexycole:

They seem too rigid. Even their citizens aren't coming out to watch live matches either.

They came out in their thousands to see their own match against Zimbabwe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
klexycole:

lol

wetin consign them and others people match?

Even egypt league stadium dey full wella
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 6:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
iSlayer:

They came out in their thousands to see their own match against Zimbabwe.

Exactly my point. They turn blind eye to other matches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
andrew444:

lol

wetin consign them and others people match?

Even egypt league stadium dey full wella

So what's the essence of hosting a cup in their country then? I think that should be part of the reasons for staging the competition right on their soil.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
There is no upset yet.

All the pre-match favorites got results, albeit with a lot of sweat.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
klexycole:

So what's the essence of hosting a cup in their country then? I think that should be part of the reasons for staging the competition right on their soil.

To be sincere i dont really understand, the Egyptians i know usually turn up for games not only theirs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
Danielnino00:

Ivory coast?? No way bro.

They already qualified even before they kicked a ball in the tournament grin

The question is how far can they go?
They went to d last AFCON with a good squad and couldn't make it out of d group stage....

Exactly. This 3 points is even enough to qualify them. Worst case, best loser 3rd.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2019
andrew444:

To be sincere i dont really understand, the Egyptians i know usually turn up for games not only theirs

Maybe CAF might have an explanation to this. Many football fans are already calling them out on Twitter. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:51pm On Jun 24, 2019
klexycole:

Maybe CAF might have an explanation to this. Many football fans are already calling them out on Twitter. grin

na wa o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6300) (6301) (6302) (6303) (6304) (6305) (6306) ... (16731) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hardrive(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.