Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,538 members, 7,961,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12500234 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8468) (8469) (8470) (8471) (8472) (8473) (8474) ... (16723) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 10:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
JaceBlaze:

You mean the sports they have to fly overseas to play and when they get there they don't even claim Nigeria? grin

Choose another line guy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:24am On Apr 02, 2020
Danielnino00:
Using the following criteria:
1) Performance at national team level (super Eagles only)

2) performance at club level

3) individual accolades won

Comply a list of the 5 greatest Nigerian players of all time...

I'll go first

1) Nwankwo Kanu
2) Jay Jay Okocha
3) Rashid Yekini
4) John Mikel Obi
5) Vincent Enyeama.

Let's go there... Safarigirl, Andrewbaba444, icon4s darkelf/blueelf tbaba1234 Odunayaw Thesupernerd Chriskels Enomakos Bascovanveli Chrisooblog do4luv14, Joebi Komekn Thegoodjoe daveP and other distinguished members of the thread....
Finidi gats fit in.

No Afcon for Kanu but 2 Apoty.

I think we gats strategize so a Nigerian can smell it the way Kanu did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:28am On Apr 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Why can’t you tell me your own definition ,because am not sure you are going with what I said
Andrew, dont in a bid to shoe what Mikel is downplay the role JJ played for the SE pls. Yeah. JJ wasnt successful clubwise. But there is a big reason many that watched him live still mention him very well. Even those in England can't forget him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:52am On Apr 02, 2020
somehow:

this is easy na

example :ndidi does not really score for
leicester city but his impact is so visible in most of their games

do you understand?

Nah. Still doesn't prove how a dude who has had a goal in 2 games isn't "impactful" because he dribbles too much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:14am On Apr 02, 2020
Kanu

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:49am On Apr 02, 2020
somehow:

so I must be poor to want to talk about the poor in the society and what recession can do?

smh

you have a poor mindset bro
You kept insisting that your country of birth is poor inspite of some statistics proving otherwise without providing any solution.
This shows you are the one with the poor mindset not me, bro!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:50am On Apr 02, 2020
daveP:
Andrew, dont in a bid to shoe what Mikel is downplay the role JJ played for the SE pls. Yeah. JJ wasnt successful clubwise. But there is a big reason many that watched him live still mention him very well. Even those in England can't forget him...

I like jay jay ,but I just have to be truthful okay

There is nothing really special about jay jay as you guys see it

If I hear say England no forget am ,if there is one naija player that England won’t forget it will be yakubu aiyegbeni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:48am On Apr 02, 2020
JaceBlaze:

They don't have to cheat when they look like Whoopie Goldberg twins.Caster Semanya looks like a Victoria Secret beauty if we compare with your Wrong Turn hillbillies. cheesy

Puhaaahaa grin

She MIGHT be prettier than me but come on now don't disgrace yourself here. Even that mama is looking for Nigerian mutombo as we speak, with her ugly azz grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 8:55am On Apr 02, 2020
Lol did you say Mikel wasn’t a cemented first 11?
edi287:

I don't think Okocha is on Maradona level but to put Mikel ahead of him is disrespectful.
Okocha was the most expensive African player during his time(£14m at 98 is a big deal).
Dude had a better WC than Mikel did.
What stopped Mikel from playing for "average" teams when he wasn't a cemented first 11 player?
Did being a DM stop Kante from getting nominated and winning PFA player of the year? I repeat Okocha had a better career than Mikel.
The only reason id even put Kanu ahead of Okocha is because he was great in his first season at Arsenal.
If not, how many seasons was Kanu a regular first 11 player for Arsenal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:04am On Apr 02, 2020
Neobulletzz:
No he wasn't. Throughout his time at Chelsea, he was never a confirmed first 11 player. The closest he came was Ancelotti first season which was his best at the club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:05am On Apr 02, 2020
I saw some people comparing Okocha to Mikel just because he had better advisors, hence, made the right career moves. Just so u guys know, since Mikel left the scene, we haven't felt his absence, but we are yet to recover from the loss of Okocha in our midfield. Trophy no be everything, in fact a non Nigerian would see u as a fool for comparing Mikel to the mesmerizing Okocha. Imagine telling Ballack, Ebue, Toure brothers, Per Matsaker, Oliver Khan, Ronaldinho, Eto and other legends of the game that Mikel was as good as Okocha. Una funny

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:12am On Apr 02, 2020
Bro stop saying what you don’t know
Mikel had 249 EPL appearances throughout his career. He was a starter in 183 matches, came in as sub 66 times

During Mikel’s spell at Chelsea, Chelsea played 10 finals, Mikel played in 8 of those finals and you are here saying he is not a regular first 11

What again do you wantbefore you know he was a regular?

Baba get your fact right before you talk
edi287:

No he wasn't. Throughout his time at Chelsea, he was never a confirmed first 11 player. The closest he came was Ancelotti first season which was his best at the club.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2020
Nobody is saying Mikel is better than Okocha. The argument was who had a better career? Who is greater among the two, of course it’s Mikel
ChrisKels:
I saw some people comparing Okocha to Mikel just because he had better advisors, hence, made the right career moves. Just so u guys know, since Mikel left the scene, we haven't felt his absence, but we are yet to recover from the loss of Okocha in our midfield. Trophy no be everything, in fact a non Nigerian would see u as a fool for comparing Mikel to the mesmerizing Okocha. Imagine telling Ballack, Ebue, Toure brothers, Per Matsaker, Oliver Khan, Ronaldinho, Eto and other legends of the game that Mikel was as good as Okocha. Una funny
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:15am On Apr 02, 2020
Neobulletzz:
Mikel had 249 EPL appearances throughout his career. He was a starter in 183 matches, came in as sub 66 times

During Mikel’s spell at Chelsea, Chelsea played 10 finals, Mikel played in 8 and f those finals and you are here saying he is not a regular first 11

Loool Mikel was not an established starter like Terry, Lamps, etc. What are you talking about?
Dude only played over 30 league games ONCE throughout his time at Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:18am On Apr 02, 2020
One question I have for you?
What I posted up there, is it right or wrong? The Mikel stat I quoted for you
edi287:

Loool Mikel was not an established starter like Terry, Lamps, etc. What are you talking about?
Dude only played over 30 league games ONCE throughout his time at Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:22am On Apr 02, 2020
Neobulletzz:
Nobody is saying Mikel is better than Okocha. The argument was who had a better career? Who is greater among the two, of course it’s Mikel

Mikel had more laurels but any day, any time, I would pick a half fit Okocha over Mikel in my midfield. Okocha would win u games, the best Mikel could do was sustain a lead, he was no winner neither was he a game changer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:24am On Apr 02, 2020
They ain’t playing the same position but that isn’t the question

Back to the question, who is greater Mikel or Okocha

Pick one?
ChrisKels:

Mikel had more laurels but any day, any time, I would pick a half fit Okocha over Mikel in my midfield. Okocha would win u games, the best Mikel could do was sustain a lead, he was no winner neither was he a game changer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:37am On Apr 02, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Leave that guy jare ,he is a comedian

They know how to change mouth when things aren’t their way

They can’t argue with sincere facts

They can’t even give good point about okocha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2020
ChrisKels:

What’s your point ?

Even amokachi goes with Mikel

Everybody and their opinion ,which one is none Nigerian will see you as a fool

What are you even saying self ?

Loss of okocha ,maybe we won the World Cup when okocha was playing ,you guys need to wake up from this your old skool typical naija beer parlour analysis of football

So Mikel had better advisors and okocha didn’t right ?

Please educate me ? I am sure you won’t

Mind you ,don’t use negative words as you used in this your post .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:45am On Apr 02, 2020
ChrisKels:

When we talk of great players achievements are included

Okocha didn’t achieve half of what Mikel has achieved and it’s clear

Okocha won afcon with Nigeria during 1994 and Mikel also won afcon with Nigeria during 2013

Nigeria missed okocha right okay I agree with that

Where did your okocha take you to during the World Cup ,did he even take you to the quarter finals ?

Obi Mikel is a defensive midfielder and he is defensive minded and you want him to help you win games like okocha right ? Clap for your self

Amokachi said Mikel is Nigeria greatest ,I guess he is a fool

You guys cannot even bring good points with your arguement ,what did okocha win with naija that Mikel did not win ? Una go begin talk of another thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2020
Neobulletzz:
One question I have for you?
What I posted up there, is it right or wrong? The Mikel stat I quoted for you
No but mine is also right too. Mikel only played over 30 league games once in his 10 years at Chelsea. Thats a fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2020
Neobulletzz:

God bless you

They are still refusing to agree that jay jay didn’t have a better career than Mikel

I am not comparing a defensive minded player of Mikel to okocha ,there are 2 different players ,by take a look at them comparing their plays when we are talking about who had a better career

Trust me ,okocha will wish he had half of Mikel achievement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:50am On Apr 02, 2020
Neobulletzz:

During Mikel’s spell at Chelsea, Chelsea played 10 finals, Mikel played in 8 of those finals and you are here saying he is not a regular first 11

And my guy said he is a squad player ,Lol

I don’t know why someone will have to lie just to proove a point

Someone started 183 epl games and he is a squad player ? Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:53am On Apr 02, 2020
fabyom:

You kept insisting that your country of birth is poor inspite of some statistics proving otherwise without providing any solution.
This shows you are the one with the poor mindset not me, bro!

I posted statistics that proved that.

Do you know what it means to have the highest number of poor people in the world when you are not even the most populated? There are about 6 more populated countries in the world, so its not about our population!

I don't know how else to communicate that to you. Done with back and forth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:54am On Apr 02, 2020
ChrisKels:
Seems Chriskels is already planning on moving to SA. Dude is sure gonna rake in billions if he took his land selling hustle to Mzamzi. Bolowlowo said the natives love selling land, choi me as a land agent over there go dey so whosky, that in 6months I go dun coordinate my dream GLS450 4matic Benz.

No time my broda grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:54am On Apr 02, 2020
edi287:

Nah. Still doesn't prove how a dude who has had a goal in 2 games isn't "impactful" because he dribbles too much.
which led you to winning games with his impact or winning trophies through his contributions?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:57am On Apr 02, 2020
Danielnino00:

You are not getting it...

Nigeria has the highest number of poor people in the world because of our huge population... We are a country of over 200 million people with about 90 million living below the poverty line .. that means there are about 110 million Nigerians who live outside the poverty line... That means if we were talking about countries with the highest number of people outside the poverty line we would be no.1 in Africa...
Some countries in Africa like DR Congo, Malawi, Madagascar and Burundi have over 70% of their population under the poverty line .. A lot of African countries have over half of their population under the poverty line .. but the focus is always on Nigeria because of our huge population... Even India with its low poverty rate still has more people living under the poverty line than most African countries...

But when you factor in GDP per capita,we are no where near to top 10 poorest in Africa...

Are you the most populated?
Why aren't the rest as poor as you are?

Check the number of people India brought out of poverty in 10 years, then compare with ours that ended up having more in poverty. (Or let's say static).

Until you have at least 60% out of poverty, you can't claim to be rich!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:58am On Apr 02, 2020
somehow:
which led you to winning games with his impact or winning trophies through his contributions?
And we won more with "solid Mikel" abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:02am On Apr 02, 2020
edi287:

I am not holding brief for any of the names you are throwing about, I'm just making my opinion known on Okocha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 10:29am On Apr 02, 2020
Don’t mind all those ones, they just argue blindly

A starter in 183 matches out of 249, that is impressive yet some people say na just squad player, make dem go sit down somewhere
andrewbaba44:

And my guy said he is a squad player ,Lol

I don’t know why someone will have to lie just to proove a point

Someone started 183 epl games and he is a squad player ? Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:42am On Apr 02, 2020
Neobulletzz:
Don’t mind all those ones, they just argue blindly

A starter in 183 matches out of 249, that is impressive yet some people say na just squad player, make dem go sit down somewhere

Besides mikel and okocha don’t play in the same position so why the arguement ,I am not comparing mikel and okocha ,but why can’t they agree that okocha didn’t have a better career ? For crying out loud this guy didn’t win ordinary African player of the year with all his skills

Why can’t they deal with the fact that mikel had a better career than jay jay ?

They are speaking of missing jay jay in the eagles and not missing mikel ,what did jay jay win with Nigeria that mikel didn’t win ?

They are speaking of jay jay World Cup performance as if we ever pass the round of 16 ,did jay jay take us to the semi final ?

How many man of the match performance did he get at the World Cup ,I need to be educated on this jay jay thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:45am On Apr 02, 2020
edi287:

And okocha took you to the World Cup semi finals right ?

Why can’t you agree that your jay jay didn’t achieve as obi mikel in his career ?

Your jay jay will pray to have half of mikel achievement

At 32 no club even want to sign jay jay ,maybe it’s because he was already 42 ,who knows

(1) (2) (3) ... (8468) (8469) (8470) (8471) (8472) (8473) (8474) ... (16723) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lordofstrings, elyte89, Odunayaw(m), ThanosKilla(m), Lyster360(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.