Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,719 members, 7,962,324 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:44 AM

Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News (14478 Views)

Saraki Wins First Battle At CCT Trial, PM News / Nigerians Blast Saraki For 'lying' That He Was Not Stoned - PM News / Buhari, Jimi Benson In Early Lead In Ikorodu - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by proudly9ja(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2009
guddsid:

Hmmm come to think of it, all mobile phone operators in Nigeria had some problems connecting calls and also SMS for 3 days since the secterian violence began. Could this have been a deceptive development?. You might say i am paranoid or hysterical but try looking at the "BIG PICTURE" then think of this "how do you inform you loved ones that have no idea of the on going violence when you can't make a call or send an SMS" .Shouldn't Nigerians look into the operations of our mobile operators? , i was just sent an sms yesterday that the reason they have problems is because of a fiber cable! I however think there is more to it. just think about it

I don't think its the violence in the north that caused it. That issue was due to the Nigeria SAT3 submarine cable that got damaged. It affected most of west africa and not only Nigeria. Communication coys, Banks and Internet providers were all affected.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by otokx(m): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2009
since there is a lull in activiity down south, the army is eager to continue its target practice elsewhere and those boko haram guys just made a great mistake.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by bluehorizo(m): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2009
I hate to say it, but it needs to be said that the president's trip to Brazil when the nation is on fire with the battle between the 'Boko Haram' sect and the armed forces appears ill timed. As important as the G8 summit is, Hu Jintao the Chinese president left the summit immediately he was informed of the riots in Western China. Emperor Nero fiddled while Rome burned, Yaradua travels while Nigeria burns.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Tudor6(f): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2009
aasog:

Saintb: As much as I have watched and read the entire opion-swollen 7 page blog in sullen silence, reading most of the shallow minded views, I think it wouldnt be fair if I dont really help expand your constrained logic and mind a little.
First, when did the Nigerian Police becomes the beacon of Truth? Like anyone here who isnt a Police ever liked or respected any of them?
Most of the information in Punch, Guardian and every other major presses are sic "Quoted", by members of the affected and aggrieved Nigerian Police Forces, and supposedly heard from some annonymous or dead mallams. The police are never a friend of the Nigerian Media, and the fact that they are eager to co-operate with them shows a clear hidden motive.

Sometimes i wonder if people have brains at all. . .did you not see the videos of the destruction and mayhem?
Testimonies were from eye witnesses and not solely from the police like you're foolishly trying to claim
The attack on the prison was based on unaired reports that some members of the moslem movement trying to form a political caucus to counter the incumbents within the states affected are unrightfully arrested
What is the meaning of this rubbish? Who destroyed the prison then. . . .pope john paul?
(thank God to us: all you need to call someone a terrorist is his moslem roots nowadays). Even, the kidnappers, lotters, and thugs in the Niger Delta creek could find pity, so far they are not moslems.

Shut up! Even asari dokubo converted to islam when he wanted to begin his terror movement. What does that say about the idiot religion?

Secondly, calling moslems terrorists actually brings to mind a big historical question of the crusade? Did you ever study history to that extent? How the christians back then wantomly killed millions of moslems, and rapped and pillaged?
You keep reffering to stuffs that happened hundreds of years ago. Like RichyBlack said, humanity and morals are evolving. If these bastard islamists don't wanna evolve then they should be wiped out!
And, the pilot who dropped the nuclear bomb in Nagasaki and Hiroshima isnt a moslem. His christian roots are as strong as the pope's, and the united state president back then, who gave him the nod wasn't a sheikh from the middle east. How many were killed? And why? For what reason?

Again i question your cognitive reasoning ability! Was WWII a religious war? Was the atomic bomb dropped in the name of jesus?
If you cannot reasonably analyse issues,then move over to the joke section
The fact most Nigerians are very religious, yet, soullessly corrupt, and inimical doesnt make christianity or christians the scum of the earth. Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Kuwait, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cyprus, are countries where millions of Nigerians visit every year and would gladly run to from time to time for business, construction studies, economical insights and pleasure are moslem countries. These countries have the same natural resources we have (Petroleum, Palm Oil, Gas, etc), yet they have managed to move ahead at economically light-speed than we can ever imagine in the next 20 years. And these are countries with diverse ethinic groups, and a population of Moslems been 95% to their 5% Christians.
Who is largely responsible for running nigeria to the gutter? If not the illiterate northern muslims?
If they can choose a CBN gov. Who's only extrordinary acheivement is to have a sharia certificate, how are we supposed to progress?
Go to school, this abokis wouldn't go! Get immunization, the fools would decline saying it's poison from America! Oya now governors develop your state, no! They'll prefer to marry new wives and implement sharia. . .what a bunch of dolts!
Are the christians victimized. Are they occasionally attacked or economically abused like the Moslems in the United States, Canada, Australia, Italy, Spain, France or Europe are treated? Or subjected to the ignorant and thin-skinned paraonia the average Nigerian Christians wear around?

The plight of christians in northern nigeria or the predicament of black africans in the hands of arabs in sudan should tell you enough!
An educated moslem doesn't think bizzarely. And so does a well-educated Christian, with an open mind.
Every religion seeks to transform individuals. And not individuals choose to be transformed.
We should blame illiteracy, ignorance and the same type of bigotry flagrantly displayed by the like of SaintB, and the smart anti-moslem experts. Such characters like these are much more rampart in any part of the country or the world with incessant strifes and crisis. To bring an end to this, starts from the buttom up, and likewise. Every single individual is the collective change the world needs.
Tell that to Osama bin laden and he's no. 2 Al Zawhiri who are very well educated and could even be vice chancellors in those shitty nothern universities.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Kobojunkie: 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2009
proudly9ja:

[size=14pt]Its only cowards and people with small brains who will reduce what is happening in Borno, Bauchi, Kano, etc to ethnic or religious issues. I am even more concerned and surprised at Christians who immediately turn on their muslim 'brothers' and 'sisters' over this issue. I mean, is that what the Bible teaches? to judge other people and hate or spite them?[/size]

The rubbish currently going on in Nigeria is criminal and has nothing to do with religion. In any way, it is fanatism and fanatism in any way, whether from Christian or Islamic point of view is criminal! I am glad everyone has come out to condemn it. Even muslim leaders, yes, Muslim leaders have condemned it. Below is the statement by the state Chairman, Muslim Council of Nigeria, Alhaji Inuwa Jauro Manu Mafindi. He was speaking about the Taliban training school discovered somewhere in Jalingo.

“When the school was established, we thought the man had come with good intentions to preach peace and teach according to the word of Prophet Mohammed but to our surprise, we noticed a different thing from children sent to the school. To me, what is happening in Maiduguri and other parts of northern Nigeria is unislamic. Therefore, I am appealing to government, especially the Ministry of Education to make sure that any school established in the state gets approval from the ministry”

We must all rise up and condemn it and not throw insults at each other as if our own ways are pure.

btw, I am a Christian.

I am just as disgusted and shocked as you are. Nigerians, after all we have been through, reducing this to religious and ethnic issue after all we have learnt in all these years f how things work in that country.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by philip0906(m): 12:49pm On Jul 30, 2009
@proudly9ja
Its only cowards and people with small brains who will reduce what is happening in Borno, Bauchi, Kano, etc to ethnic or religious issues. I am even more concerned and surprised at Christians who immediately turn on their muslim 'brothers' and 'sisters' over this issue. I mean, is that what the Bible teaches? to judge other people and hate or spite them?

The rubbish currently going on in Nigeria is criminal and has nothing to do with religion. In any way, it is fanatism and fanatism in any way, whether from Christian or Islamic point of view is criminal! I am glad everyone has come out to condemn it. Even muslim leaders, yes, Muslim leaders have condemned it. Below is the statement by the state Chairman, Muslim Council of Nigeria, Alhaji Inuwa Jauro Manu Mafindi. He was speaking about the Taliban training school discovered somewhere in Jalingo.

“When the school was established, we thought the man had come with good intentions to preach peace and teach according to the word of Prophet Mohammed but to our surprise, we noticed a different thing from children sent to the school. To me, what is happening in Maiduguri and other parts of northern Nigeria is unislamic. Therefore, I am appealing to government, especially the Ministry of Education to make sure that any school established in the state gets approval from the ministry”

We must all rise up and condemn it and not throw insults at each other as if our own ways are pure.

btw, I am a Christian.
Kobojunkie:

I am just as disgusted and shocked as you are. Nigerians, after all we have been through, reducing this to religious and ethnic issue after all we have learnt in all these years f how things work in that country.
What a load of crap.They r saying the world is in confussion 'cos of this religion called Islam and u r asking y we r attacking islam?is that the only religion in the world?look around and tell me which religion is causing problems in the world.from somalia 2 middle east.even the british ain't safe cos of em immigrants(4rm the pakistan,iran e.t.c)abi u don 4get all the bombings wey take place 4 london?I even heard there is one islamic sect that has erupted in china now.my friend the only thing a sensible individual like me can do is 2 keep wondering y a religion like this ever existed?Mind u proudly9ja,the way u r talking is exactly how asari dokubo started sounding b4 converting 2 islam and then causing havoc in the niger delta. wink.So don't come here and begin 2 do logic 4 us by asking us y r we condeming them.What we r saying is simple ,ISLAM IS EVIL.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Kobojunkie: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2009
So to you the Niger Delta is ethnic, and religious in origin as well? Oh boy!!!! Nigerians!!!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by philip0906(m): 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

So to you the Niger Delta is ethnic, and religious in origin as well? Oh boy!!!! Nigerians!!!
and who said it is religious?please understand the post b4 u comment. wink
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by otokx(m): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2009
lets not mix up 2 very different issues here; islamists have the right to request peacefully in the spirit of islam for a total islamic environment.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Fhemmmy: 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2009
otokx:

lets not mix up 2 very different issues here; islamists have the right to request peacefully in the spirit of islam for a total islamic environment.

In a democratically elected environment, they have no right to request for it.
Democracy is a people's government and what people wants is what will have to happen.
If the people said they want total islamic environment, that is a different case, but for some "red neck" to wanna force it on the people, that is animalistically barbaric and such leaders should be executed
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by CGKing(m): 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2009
These northerners r just terrible and i wonder if they ever think at all.They dont want Western Education yet they want all the techs and the oil money it can fetch. Tire for malla.
One other thing i know is that, if the north succeeds in establishing strict sharia system in the northern states, that will be d beginning of the end of Naija as one Nation. Maybe its even the start of that revolution iv been expecting.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by otokx(m): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2009
The last time the Chinese leader ran home from the G8 it was some people rioting in his country and some people here say those people are not religiously related to the same people disturbing the peace up north currently. There is a somehow relationship between Islam and violence, lets not beat around the bush on this one.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Ibime(m): 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2009
CGKing:

One other thing i know is that, if the north succeeds in establishing strict sharia system in the northern states, that will be d beginning of the end of Naija as one Nation. Maybe its even the start of that revolution iv been expecting.

Good morning CGKing. . . . I know you are just waking up. . . . the bolded has already happened! grin
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by ademocrat(m): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2009
In this 21st century, we are still having people who call themselves men saying there should be no more education sad angry embarassed, can you imagine this, they should all be excreted from the country
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by oloyeagba1: 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2009
Nigeria Militants Unlimited is hiring. Send VC to yaradua@deadmanwalking.gov.ng.  

Available positions in MEND, Boko Haram, Massob, OPC. Hurry!!! Be a Nigerian. Be a militant.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nemeziz9ja: 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2009
Nigeria is re-defining her essence as a coarse cohesive nation once again. Naija!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by redsun(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2009
Come to think of it,the militants are not far from the truth but they are going about it the wrong way by islamizing it,which means trying to jump out of frying pan into fire.

In some ways,there is the people revolution going on against the evil and backward regimes that have befallen nigeria since its conception and this could be the solution to the whole gimmick called nigeria.To ur tents oh isreal.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2009
philip0906:

and who said it is religious?please understand the post b4 u comment. wink

philip0906:

@proudly9ja
What a load of crap.They r saying the world is in confussion 'cos of this religion called Islam and u r asking y we r attacking islam?is that the only religion in the world?look around and tell me which religion is causing problems in the world.from somalia 2 middle east.even the british ain't safe cos of em immigrants(4rm the pakistan,iran e.t.c)abi u don 4get all the bombings wey take place 4 london?I even heard there is one islamic sect that has erupted in china now.my friend the only thing a sensible individual like me can do is 2 keep wondering y a religion like this ever existed?Mind u proudly9ja,the way u r talking is exactly how asari dokubo started sounding b4 converting 2 islam and then causing havoc in the niger delta. wink.So don't come here and begin 2 do logic 4 us by asking us y r we condeming them.What we r saying is simple ,ISLAM IS EVIL.

Aren't these your words? You connected Asari Dokubo's actions to his religion, hence making it religious. Or was that not your intention?
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2009
Fhemmmy:

In a democratically elected environment, they have no right to request for it.
Democracy is a people's government and what people wants is what will have to happen.
If the people said they want total islamic environment, that is a different case, but for some "red neck" to wanna force it on the people, that is animalistically barbaric and such leaders should be executed

In As much as these men came bearing the flag of religion as their reason, all this seems to be simply about politics of control.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by ezeagu(m): 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2009
philip0906:

Mind u proudly9ja,the way u r talking is exactly how asari dokubo started sounding b4 converting 2 islam and then causing havoc in the niger delta. wink.

Oh come on!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by sirt1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2009
@ All

See what the colonial masters did to our peace!!! They have mortgaged the peace of pple just because of their selfish interest, (amalgamation of Northern and southern part in 1914) Had it been they didnt do that, this wahala might not occured. The so called Islamists are nothing, but animals and point of correction, ISLAM is not a religion of peace, but violence and wars.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by sirt1(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2009
the way u r talking is exactly how asari dokubo started sounding b4 converting 2 islam and then causing havoc in the niger delta. .So don't come here and begin 2 do logic 4 us by asking us y r we condeming them.What we r saying is simple ,ISLAM IS EVIL.[/size][size=8pt]

True talk. They know nothing, but violence. Take a look at the Muslims whether Northerners or southerners, they breed violence. It is in their blood, fighting for Mohammed.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by philip0906(m): 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Aren't these your words? You connected Asari Dokubo's actions to his religion, hence making it religious. Or was that not your intention?
well I probably wanted 2 butress my point that Islam is violent afterall.he had 2 convert 2 islam b4 going 2 wage war against the F.G.probably what he read in the "holy book"that the best way 2 do so was 2 use arms or declare a jihad. I did not mean 2 say it is a religious war. wink cheesy grin
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by philip0906(m): 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2009
Mind u proudly9ja,the way u r talking is exactly how asari dokubo started sounding b4 converting 2 islam and then causing havoc in the niger delta
ezeagu:

Oh come on!
ezeagu wetin na?
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by ogbongzky(m): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2009
its sucks to see people comment like this, anyway, i just hope this northernes stop using the religion as the yardstick for their violence attacks, KUWAIT, DUBAI are all moving well, even technologically and yet they are PRACTISING ISLAM COUNTRIES, bet that would not have happened without education. So, i urge the northerners to down tools and see reason in blending ISLAM with sound education

Anyway sha, na dem know oooo, i jst dey pity for CORPERS wey they serve 4 North now, hmnnn,
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by nich(m): 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2009
this is so appalling! it's so appalling that things like this exist in the great Nigeria.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090730/ap_on_re_af/af_nigeria_violence

http://www. 2 3 4 n e x t .com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5439210-147/Hundreds__die_in_Maiduguri_crisis.csp

praying: O God, we ask for mercy. Let your reign in our land .  .  . Let your peace permeate every cranny of this great land.  .  .
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by sherrylo: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2009
Na whaooo.Islam this,Islam that, the fools in the north has given this bunch of trash on nairaland the opportunity to spit out their poisonous venom on Islam. Anyway Yoruba say "isu eni lon ti owo eni bo epo" na our yam put our hand for oil!
Go on,say whatever you wanna say, na una get una mouth!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Fhemmmy: 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2009
sherry lo:

Na whaooo.Islam this,Islam that, the fools in the north has given this bunch of trash on nairaland the opportunity to spit out their poisonous venom on Islam. Anyway Yoruba say "isu eni lon ti owo eni bo epo" na our yam put our hand for oil!
Go on,say whatever you wanna say, na una get una mouth!
so u wanna say what they have been doing is good and they can go ahead and kill pple that dont blv in their religion?
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by philip0906(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2009
Fhemmmy:

so u wanna say what they have been doing is good and they can go ahead and kill pple that dont blv in their religion?
no mind am. wink
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by sherrylo: 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Fhemmy
No! no one has the right to kill.no!
what I was refering to the generalisation of Muslims and Islam as a religion, cause killing is not what Isalm teaches.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by sherrylo: 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Phillip na you dem go mind abi? you get very little knowledge so I no go bother with you.I have read your post all through, you seem to me like a ballant talker so i no go bother!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2009
sherry lo:

@Fhemmy
No! no one has the right to kill.no!
what I was refering to the generalisation of Muslims and Islam as a religion, cause killing is not what Isalm teaches.

If that is not what Islam teaches, how come these people are now killing for the sake of Islam?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ebola: LASG Summons Mortuary Operators, Funeral Homes. / IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Fully Prepared To Appear In Court Next Week – Lawyer / APC Under Pressure To Throw Presidential Contest Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.