Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,424 members, 7,911,051 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:14 AM

. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (1013 Views)

CBN Halts Branch Operations By Bureaux De Change #Emefieleconomics / Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion / Is It Profitable To Be A UBA U-Mo Agent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Sanchez01: 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: . by tunde233(m): 2:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
Frustrating...sorry. Hope they would redress this
Re: . by Evina(f): 2:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
Businesses in Nigeria and distasteful service can be likened to Fura and Youghurt. lipsrsealed
Re: . by Sanchez01: 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: . by Sanchez01: 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: . by tunde233(m): 3:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
Sanchez01:

I think I'm done with the bank as it is. My next visit would be to close my account.

I suggest you send an email on this to their Head Office. It is important you let them know
Re: . by Sanchez01: 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: . by Evina(f): 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
Sanchez01:

Lol. Perhaps true. In a banking organization, I thought it would be different. Never have I been embarrassed as today.

Oh but it's worse with these banks!

So long as your deposit wouldn't make the bank sneeze if you choose to close your account with them, then you don't deserve customer service! In fact, you aren't a customer!

That's the mindset they've got.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Tomoarika(m): 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: . by Sanchez01: 4:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: . by Sanchez01: 4:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: . by moshoodn(m): 5:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
Sanchez01:

Yes, I did. It wasn't shredded. I realized I goofed on that part because I was angry and all. It dawned on me the moment I left the bank and was far away before I realized this. I just pray nothing bad comes from there.

It will be shredded.... Your money is safe, have no worries. UBA is a security conscious bank.

Sorry about your experience today. I think Nigerian banks need to improve on Customer Service.
Re: . by Analysiscorner: 5:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
Evina:

Oh but it's worse with these banks!

So long as your deposit wouldn't make the bank sneeze if you choose to close your account with them, then you don't deserve customer service! In fact, you aren't a customer!

That's the mindset they've got.
That's it. All of them are guilty of it.
Re: . by Sanchez01: 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: . by moshoodn(m): 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
Sanchez01:

Tomoarika actually started making me think I goofed (which I indeed did) and should have requested that he shreds it before I left. I pray your assertion is indeed true about UBA. Thanks though. I believe these banks have a lot of orientation courses to dish out to their staff, particular those within the customer care unit.

Abi.... my brother.

And come to think of it, their services have actually improved in the last few years.... At least they're always in the news for some good reasons... so surprised to hear about this happening...

Customers should always be treated like Kings, abi no be so?

Maybe you should try another branch close to you or talk to that banker friend of yours.
Re: . by adeagbeleniyi: 6:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
Boss,sorry about the awful experience. I've got accounts with several banks but so far I have seen d level UBA will go to keep a customer. Its just so frustrating that some dented experience like this can dampen ones spirit.
My recommendation - it is our responsibility to report poor services like this to necessary authorities. Please inform UBA via their social media or email address and let them get to d bottom of this.

One Nigeria, One people.
Re: . by elbyno: 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
eeya, sorry about your experience. i think you need to get in touch with their customer service by sending a mail to them or call the phone numbers at the back of ur atm card. they sure will respond to your issues. i once had an issue with my account that i didnt use for a while n my internet banking as well and it was resolved very well. was surprised as the chick ( she has one beautiful voice that gave me goosebumps grin) who attended to me over the phone was so nice.
just get in touch with them asap
Re: . by Sanchez01: 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: . by Sanchez01: 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Top 11 Best Companies In Nigeria 2016 - Industry Heroes! / Bank of Industry YES Programme Round2 List Is Finally Out / Did Dangote Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.