Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,594 members, 7,961,955 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 05:47 PM

Living Together Before Marriage A Bad Idea? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Living Together Before Marriage A Bad Idea? (473 Views)

This Is Probably A Bad Idea! / I Need A God Fearing Lady For Marriage A.s.a.p / Living Together Before Marriage A Bad Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Living Together Before Marriage A Bad Idea? by maritalman(m): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2009
Living together before marriage a bad idea?

I just read a piece by psychologist and syndicated columnist James Dobson who said one of the worst mistakes a couple can make is living together prior to marriage. He said research on five decades of statistics have revealed that those who lived together prior to marriage have a 50% higher incident rate of divorce than couples who only lived together post marriage.

I quote:

Why? The researchers found those who had lived together later regretted having “violated their moral standards,” and “felt a loss of personal freedom to exit out the back door.”
Furthermore, they have “stolen” a level of intimacy that is not warranted at that point, not has it been validated by the degree of commitment to each other.

Kind of flies in the face of what you might expect.

Thoughts?

[email]MARITALMAN@GMAIL.COM [/email]  FOR QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON MARITAL LIVES,

(1) (Reply)

Canadians Meet Here / Lonely Guy, Needs A Girl To Talk And Share Things With. / I Need A-well-behaved Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.