Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,233 members, 7,936,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:39 PM

Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities (779 Views)

Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics) / 12 Most Polluted Cities In Nigeria / Onitsha Is The ‘most Polluted’ City In The World. WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by duketunde: 11:01pm On May 13, 2016
You will be surprise to know that the world's most polluted city isn't Beijing or Delhi.

According to a new report from the World Health Organization, the pollution in megacities like Beijing China, Delhi India and a host of others are actually only a tip of the iceberg and the cities with the worse case of pollution in the world is probably in Iran and Nigeria.

The World's Health Organization studied air qualities of the cities and the size of particles found in the air. Generally, a lot of attention is placed upon particles of a PM2.5 size, which is around one-30th the size of a human hair. These particles are particularly worrying because they have the ability to enter lungs and blood tissue and cause serious health problems.

However, you can also measure larger particles in the air. At PM10, the particles are coarser, though they can still be inhaled and cause health problems.

Based on PM2.5 Zabol in Iran comes out on top and based on PM10 Nigeria's Onitsha, a city of half-a-million people on the Niger River, is atop this list. The city has been known for its rapid growth and gridlock, though some locals were apparently still surprised that it appeared so high on the list. See more data below:
- See more at: http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/05/onitsha-tops-list-of-worlds-most.html#sthash.utL7LHUa.dpuf

Re: Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by Testerfuze(m): 11:05pm On May 13, 2016
Whaaaat!....you kiddin right?. Anyway adonbelieveit
Re: Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by Testerfuze(m): 11:05pm On May 13, 2016
Whaaaat!....you kiddin right?. Anyway adonbelieveit
Re: Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 13, 2016
Lolz grin Not good. This is not what Onitsha should be known for embarassed
Re: Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by duketunde: 11:12pm On May 13, 2016
You berra bliv it..that's fact..Onitsha tops the list lipsrsealed
Testerfuze:
Whaaaat!....you kiddin right?.
Anyway adonbelieveit
Re: Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by raker300: 11:16pm On May 13, 2016
Gas pollution. It's as a result o sharp increase in population and poorly processed fuel.

You folks are unbelievable
Re: Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by Peacetemi: 1:43am On May 14, 2016
Four Nigerian cities on that list. Not good at all.
Re: Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by Nobody: 1:55am On May 14, 2016
Another big lie from dis people! This Onitsha wey I know kwa? shocked

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by Karm16: 2:15am On May 14, 2016
The SE is just very very dirty
Re: Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by IsaacBuchi(m): 5:24am On May 14, 2016
I was believing this report until I say umuahia. You and your report are the greatest joke of the century. Umuahia may not be the flashy, skyscraper city but I bet it is more neater than 80% if not 90% of the cities in Nigeria.
You guys took a wrap of weed at the tail end of that statistics.
Re: Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by Karm16: 7:06am On May 14, 2016
IsaacBuchi:
I was believing this report until I say umuahia. You and your report are the greatest joke of the century. Umuahia may not be the flashy, skyscraper city but I bet it is more neater than 80% if not 90% of the cities in Nigeria.

This is by World Health Organization. If you like believe, if you don't na you sabi. Y'all are just dirty people.
Re: Onitsha Tops The List Of World's Most Polluted Cities by duketunde: 7:27am On May 14, 2016
This is a report by WHO and you will note probably so not necessarily that they analysed every city, plus Onitsha is measured based on PM10 which states that the pollution in the air coarser, though they can still be inhaled and cause health problems. But that of Zahol Iran is kinda bad as its based on PM2.5 which more dangerous
IsaacBuchi:

(1) (Reply)

Some Of the Projects In 2016 Budget.. / Niger Delta Avengers: Jonathan Stands Alleged, Says Ex-militant Leader / I Don’t Regret Marrying Kanu At 18-amara Nwankwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.