Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,933 members, 7,962,982 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Climate Change Economics Or Environmental Management - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Climate Change Economics Or Environmental Management (431 Views)

Economics Or Engineering?? Please Kindly Advice. / Economics Or Biz Admin / Economics Or Statistics Students Pls Check In, I Need Your Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Climate Change Economics Or Environmental Management by smartcherry: 11:01am On May 18, 2016
Please I have a BSc in pure and industrial chemistry....and now I want to go for my masters...I'm stuck between an MSc in environmental management and control and and MSc in climate change economics and policy innovation ......pls kindly drop ur opinions....thanks.
Re: Climate Change Economics Or Environmental Management by Nobody: 10:14am On May 20, 2016
All said and done, it boils down to your priorities and ambition in the long run. You being a graduate of Pure and Industrial Chemistry, I believe an M.Sc. degree in Environmental Management and Control would cut it for you. Not only would your options be broader in terms of job opportunities, you'll also be exposed to a wider spectrum of environmental issues such as climate change, pollution, environmental laws, and so on as well as environmental management tools such as Environmental Impact Assessment (E.I.A.), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), Geographic Information Systems (G.I.S.), pollution abatement/control technologies and so on, during the course of your studies.

Having an M.Sc. degree in Climate Change Economics and Policy Innovation also makes sense but this would represent a slight deviation from your first (science-oriented) degree. Hence, the reason I said it boils down to your priorities and ambition in the long run. If you primarily nurse an ambition to establish a non-governmental organization focused on climate change issues, then having an M.Sc. degree in Climate Change Economics and Policy Innovation would be the way to go.

In all, the choice is yours to make. Cheers!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Free Project Topics And Materials In Secretarial Studies / 2016 Admission Into Any University Of Your Choice In Europe / Steps To Follow In Other To Be Successful As A Lagosian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.