Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,089 members, 7,960,463 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 09:13 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (835507 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:43am On Nov 29, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmm johannesburg exchange, didn't think of that one u know. might be worth looking into but i fear i won't have the time just yet, too many people to do and things to see grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2007
thought i'd put this out there for future reference possibly

CUTIX PLC:

EPS 2006 - 40 KOBO
EPS 2005 - 18K
EPS 2004 - 20K
EPS 2003 - 17K
EPS HAD DROPPED FOR 3 YRS IN AROW FROM YR 2000-2002 BEFORE RISING TO 2003 VALUE ABOVE

SHARES OUTSTANDING - 510396608

YEAR END - APRIL 30TH

LATEST PAT FYE APRIL 30TH 2007- 121.7M (REPRESENTING A 124% INCREASE COMPARED TO PAT FY 2006)
PAT DROPPED FROM 23,635M TO 18,367M BETWEEN 2000 AND 2001 BUT HAD RISEN IN THE PRECEEDING 3YRS OF 1998-2000. IT HAD INCREASED PROFITS YEAR ON YEAR FROM AT LEAST 2003 AS FAR AS I CAN SEE (PLS SHARE IF U HAVE CONTRARY FACTS TO THIS)

HAS PAID DIVIDEND YEAR ON YEAR SINCE 1998

DOWN SIDE IS THAT IT IS SOMEWHAT ILLIQUID IN COMPARISON TO OTHER WELL KNOWN COMPANIES. IT IS ALSO CURRENTLY TRADING AT A PREMIUM AND MAY BE TOO EXPENSIVE FOR NOW ALTHOUGH IT WAS AT A HIGH OF N25 BEFORE THEIR RECENT SHARE SPLIT SO STILL HAS A WAY TO GO YET TO REACH THOSE HEIGHTS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:57am On Nov 29, 2007
FatherOF2:

I didn't want to talk yesterday when i heard 40 stocks.I say 40 (na wa oh,how many stock dey NSE).
Me don read many a time.Diversification is good to spread and manage your risks,BUT NEVER OVER DIVERSIFY.
Out of these 40 at least 15 will be stocks that cannot command good daily volume.You can put N200k here,N300k there and N250k there,when you add up all that small small money,they'll perform better in a well capitalized growth stock.
I dey back of Roughcut for this one (only for now oh).

Well you have over 200 stocks on the NSE. How many stocks are listed in the banking sector? How many of them will you say is a BUY? How many stocks are in the Insurance sectors? How many of them are BUYs? Now move on to the Food and Beveradges and the Petroleum marketing sector. What of the Chemical and paints and the pharmaceutical sector. after that check the building and materials, conglomerates etc.

When you finish, classify the stocks that you will want into income stocks and growth stocks. Then you will know where I am coming from.

Additionally, there are stocks that I buy just to monitor, get the full annual reports, attend the AGM, get invited to the investors forum etc. That's why 15 stocks account for over 90% of my portfolio. For me that is the only way to get the FACTS behind the figures in an environment faced with dearth of information.

If you read my posts very well, I talk about overdiversification. However, there is an age you get to that your portfolio will have to be defensive. One thing you don't get is that at a certain level, growing your portfolio becomes secondary as compared to maintaining the status quo. At a certain age, you know that there are some extra risks that are not worth taken.

Everything is not just black and white. There are other issues that governs investment decisions and philosophies.

Getting a bit religious now, what is the objective your objective of investing? Just to make money? Many don't have a clear objective in mind. When your objective is met, it is GREED that will make you to take extra unnecessary risks. Sometimes the additional risk is unwaranted based on your portfolio size and objective.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:57am On Nov 29, 2007
aktopgun:

hmmmmmmmmmm johannesburg exchange, didn't think of that one u know. might be worth looking into but i fear i won't have the time just yet, too many people to do and things to see grin grin

In between gallivanting all over the place just came back from Bahrain beginning of this week i have  off-shore investments(cant afford to put all my eggs into the NSE basket) so i may ask my portfolio manager  check out these companies on the JSE. I suspect those stocks are now expensive in their home country South Africa just like everything else in Nigeria. The hope of making a decent profit i think is if they are listed on the NSE its inevitable just a matter of time

A lot of the cash cows on the NSE are getting into an overbought position and when that happens a lot of peeps will want to sell and then the prices start heading down south
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:58am On Nov 29, 2007
@ All

Has anyone got any info on Universal Insurance. Heard they are searching for cash (Private Placement)

Lets shre it on this thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:02pm On Nov 29, 2007
ololufemi:

@ All

Has anyone got any info on Universal Insurance. Heard they are searching for cash (Private Placement)

Lets shre it on this thread.

There is another thread on it. Personally, I believe that it is way too expensive!!!! I will let that pass.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

Well you have over 200 stocks on the NSE. How many stocks are listed in the banking sector? How many of them will you say is a BUY? How many stocks are in the Insurance sectors? How many of them are BUYs? Now move on to the Food and Beveradges and the Petroleum marketing sector. What of the Chemical and paints and the pharmaceutical sector. after that check the building and materials, conglomerates etc.

When you finish, classify the stocks that you will want into income stocks and growth stocks. Then you will know where I am coming from.

Additionally, there are stocks that I buy just to monitor, get the full annual reports, attend the AGM, get invited to the investors forum etc. That's why 15 stocks account for over 90% of my portfolio. For me that is the only way to get the FACTS behind the figures in an environment faced with dearth of information.

If you read my posts very well, I talk about overdiversification. However, there is an age you get to that your portfolio will have to be defensive. One thing you don't get is that at a certain level, growing your portfolio becomes secondary as compared to maintaining the status quo. At a certain age, you know that there are some extra risks that are not worth taken.

Everything is not just black and white. There are other issues that governs investment decisions and philosophies.

Getting a bit religious now, what is the objective your objective of investing? Just to make money? Many don't have a clear objective in mind. When your objective is met, it is GREED that will make you to take extra unnecessary risks. Sometimes the additional risk is unwaranted based on your portfolio size and objective.

Another one from the tried and tested. May you continue to increase in knowledge and in wisdom
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Wanajo,

That's the reason why I said I want to be like you in terms of financial liquidity. You even use dividend travel abroad with your family for vacation.

My own dividends get me as far as Ghana or Gambia for vacation now and it is only for me oh.

We young ones should improve our risk appetite now because later on we may not want to take those risks.

By the time I am about 60-65, i will have  large part in money market instruments and govt bonds but for now, its riding on the NSE stocks oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2007
so nobody has info on my inquiry? pls someone shd help me out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

BIG BOY BILLIONAIRE.I wonder how large ,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:34pm On Nov 29, 2007
aktopgun:

thought i'd put this out there for future reference possibly

CUTIX PLC:

EPS 2006 - 40 KOBO
EPS 2005 - 18K
EPS 2004 - 20K
EPS 2003 - 17K
EPS HAD DROPPED FOR 3 YRS IN AROW FROM YR 2000-2002 BEFORE RISING TO 2003 VALUE ABOVE

SHARES OUTSTANDING - 510396608

YEAR END - APRIL 30TH

LATEST PAT FYE APRIL 30TH 2007- 121.7M (REPRESENTING A 124% INCREASE COMPARED TO PAT FY 2006)
PAT DROPPED FROM 23,635M TO 18,367M BETWEEN 2000 AND 2001 BUT HAD RISEN IN THE PRECEEDING 3YRS OF 1998-2000. IT HAD INCREASED PROFITS YEAR ON YEAR FROM AT LEAST 2003 AS FAR AS I CAN SEE (PLS SHARE IF You HAVE CONTRARY FACTS TO THIS)

HAS PAID DIVIDEND YEAR ON YEAR SINCE 1998

DOWN SIDE IS THAT IT IS SOMEWHAT ILLIQUID IN COMPARISON TO OTHER WELL KNOWN COMPANIES. IT IS ALSO CURRENTLY TRADING AT A PREMIUM AND MAY BE TOO EXPENSIVE FOR NOW ALTHOUGH IT WAS AT A HIGH OF N25 BEFORE THEIR RECENT SHARE SPLIT SO STILL HAS A WAY TO GO YET TO REACH THOSE HEIGHTS

Shares diluted further due to the scrip issue of 1 for 10. Total outstanding shares should now be 0.53B. I'm with you. It is currently trading at a significant premium.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
ololufemi:

@ All

Roughcut is right about Warren Buffet. Even read it today in the Daily Wealth emagazine.

Simple Rules

The wider your stock portfolio, the less your portfolio risk and the less your expected returns on investment

The narrow your stock portfolio, the higher your portfolio risk and higher your expected returns on investment

For me, I feel I am still young and its better to take high risks now since I am not yet married with kids .

If I can't take risks now, when will I. Its better to take those risks now.

When you now have a family of yours, your risk appetite should reduce because you are not in the game for your own benefit but for members of your family.

I am very married with kids but my risk appetite is still quite high. The important thing for me is not to invest with "chop" money. Any attempt for members of my family to complain grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2007
Over-diversification??

My preferred option is to stick to a very narrow band of stocks. This can expose one to more risks but I think it offers the best chance of highest returns.

First, I'd like to limit the number of stocks I have to monitor in detail. Next, I like to be forced to choose the stock that I think will provide the highest returns.

I will diversify by not concentrating in one sector for instance but at any point in time, if I am investing in banking stocks as an example, I want to limit my investment to the 2 or 3 that I think will bring the highest returns.

I used to have over 30 stocks in my portfolio but the discipline now is to limit my portfolio to a max of 10 stocks at any one time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2007
pumping777:

I am very married with kids but my risk appetite is still quite high. The important thing for me is not to invest with "chop" money. Any attempt for members of my family to complain grin grin

That is key if yo do not want to sleep in the doghouse. You will always need to carry your member along in your investment plans even if they do not understand everything about it. Like the bible says, make the vision plain so that everyone that read it may run with it. With a clearly communicated investment plans and objective, you can get teh support of the family members in making extra sacrifices just to get to the envisaged destination

ololufemi:

@ Wanajo,

That's the reason why I said I want to be like you in terms of financial liquidity. You even use dividend travel abroad with your family for vacation.

My own dividends get me as far as Ghana or Gambia for vacation now and it is only for me oh.

We young ones should improve our risk appetite now because later on we may not want to take those risks.

By the time I am about 60-65, i will have  large part in money market instruments and govt bonds but for now, its riding on the NSE stocks oh.

Age and status is critical. That's why there is no universal solution.

FatherOF2:

BIG BOY BILLIONAIRE.I wonder how large ,

far from it but will be getting there shortly. tongue Just need to average 50% returns for the next couple of years. Don't need to take extra risks to get 200% returns. 50% returns is enough to take me to my envisaged destination.

Aside, I have a friend that First Bank dividend is yearly used to pay for school fees of his children. 4 of them in a highbrow schools. This is the only time that the dividend came a bit late. Normally by September the money is ready. Right on time to meet the school fees. Different people, different style/strategy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by smallest(m): 12:52pm On Nov 29, 2007
I just heard ths Sky bank might be going on TS soon! They are supposed to have a PO in december. Got the gist from a Manager working there. Can anyone verify?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2007
pumping777:

Over-diversification??

My preferred option is to stick to a very narrow band of stocks. This can expose one to more risks but I think it offers the best chance of highest returns.

First, I'd like to limit the number of stocks I have to monitor in detail. Next, I like to be forced to choose the stock that I think will provide the highest returns.

I will diversify by not concentrating in one sector for instance but at any point in time, if I am investing in banking stocks as an example, I want to limit my investment to the 2 or 3 that I think will bring the highest returns.

I used to have over 30 stocks in my portfolio but the discipline now is to limit my portfolio to a max of 10 stocks at any one time.

Nice option.

However experience has taught me that when I sell a stock, I still maintain minimal holdings there.

May and Baker did a PO last year at 4.00. Applied for 200,000 units in my personal name and another 100,000 units corporately. Had only 13,333 units left in May and Baker. The offer was hugely oversubsribed. The allotment was simple, existing shareholders were allotted all that they asked for. New applicants got a prorated allocation. So I got the 200,000 I applied for as an individual while I got only 20,000 from the corporate account.

Another example will be rights issue. With only 500 units in WAPCo or BCC, you will qualify for the Rights. You can now apply for more than entitled rights. Yes, rights are now traded on the NSE but it is not that easy to get.

So while you may own 30 stocks, a careful analysis of your portfolio may show that 10 may contribute 90% of your holdings. The remaning 20 or so are those that can provide you entry into juicy opportunities.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

Nice option.

However experience has taught me that when I sell a stock, I still maintain minimal holdings there.

May and Baker did a PO last year at 4.00. Applied for 200,000 units in my personal name and another 100,000 units corporately. Had only 13,333 units left in May and Baker. The offer was hugely oversubsribed. The allotment was simple, existing shareholders were allotted all that they asked for. New applicants got a prorated allocation. So I got the 200,000 I applied for as an individual while I got only 20,000 from the corporate account.

Another example will be rights issue. With only 500 units in WAPCo or BCC, you will qualify for the Rights. You can now apply for more than entitled rights. Yes, rights are now traded on the NSE but it is not that easy to get.

So while you may own 30 stocks, a careful analysis of your portfolio may show that 10 may contribute 90% of your holdings. The remaning 20 or so are those that can provide you entry into juicy opportunities.

Interesting. The angle of rights issue and the being kept abreast of any corporate actions, AGMs etc is brilliant. This is an advanced tip from a doyen.  You too try.

To avoid having a cluttered CSCS statement, I think I will actually open a new account and maintain little quanties of any stock I trade on there.

I had similar thoughts in the past but for a very different reason. In my CSCS account, when I go into the details of any stock I own, I can see the sell and buy transaction information for the stock. If I completely liquidate the stock, this information is no longer available. So I was thinking, leave a few stocks behind when you sell so you can still see these transactions.

Unfortunately I found out that these buy and sells transaction information are only retained for a while so I abandoned the idea.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cutebabe: 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2007
Folks,

Has anyone got info on when Mutual Benefits will be going to the market?

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2007
pumping777:

Interesting. The angle of rights issue and the being kept abreast of any corporate actions, AGMs etc is brilliant. This is an advanced tip from a doyen.  You too try.

To avoid having a cluttered CSCS statement, I think I will actually open a new account and maintain little quanties of any stock I trade on there.

I had similar thoughts in the past but for a very different reason. In my CSCS account, when I go into the details of any stock I own, I can see the sell and buy transactions for the stock. Once I completely liquidate the stock, this information is no longer available. So I was thinking, leave a few stocks behind when you sell so you can still see these transactions.

Unfortunately I found out that these buy and sells transactions are only retained for a while so I abandoned the idea.

That new account will still get clustered. Many CSCS accounts may even get you confused with reconciliation issues.

What you need is to re arrange that your spreadsheet. Have the daily prices on one for each year. Have the results on another sheet. Same way as CTSL is sending it to you. Then have another sheet with your list of stocks and prices to arrive at your current valuation. With a comment in the excel cell you can make a note on transactions that goes on on any stock. EPS is the only thing that you need to calculate with a new result. PE can be automatically updated. That way you have a one stop information for your analysis. You can even include teh exit price you've set for yourself or teh precentage gain that you target or realised. You can have a systematic way of doing thinsg instead of the herd mentality that pervades.

You can also have a trending of the price movements.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2007
It appears the bears are having their voice heard in the market. Hopefully some more stocks will drop prices to an attractive level.
wanaj0:

That new account will still get clustered. Many CSCS accounts may even get you confused with reconciliation issues.

What you need is to re arrange that your spreadsheet. Have the daily prices on one for each year. Have the results on another sheet. Same way as CTSL is sending it to you. Then have another sheet with your list of stocks and prices to arrive at your current valuation. With a comment in the excel cell you can make a note on transactions that goes on on any stock. EPS is the only thing that you need to calculate with a new result. PE can be automatically updated. That way you have a one stop information for your analysis. You can even include the exit price you've set for yourself or the precentage gain that you target or realised. You can have a systematic way of doing thinsg instead of the herd mentality that pervades.

You can also have a trending of the price movements.

I have a different excel sheet for valuation to compliment what I have in my portfolio manager. So I know my stock positions at any point in time.

I also have another sheet with all the buy and sell transactions for each stock. So I know my cash position at any point in time.

The ratios in the excel sheet are all automatically updated. I only have to update the projected PAT after new interim results.

My exit points are defined per stock holding and I'm alerted once there is a cross-over.

The part I don't understand is having daily prices on each stock for each year. As in have prices for around 250 trading days in the year? sad  If so, that will be toying with my day job  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2007
@all,

Oceanic bank plc: A good buy at #25 or # 26.

Proshare Articles

Oceanic Bank - Buy or Sell at the Current Price?

Posted Thursday, November 29, 2007

On November 28, 2007, the shares of Oceanic Bank Plc closed at N28.99K, a closing price that is below the stock’s 10 day, 20 day, and 50 day CSMAs' of N30.38k, N29.06k, and N29.51k respectively.

Since August 1, 2007, the stock has traded in a very tight trading range (between N26.71k and N33.46k) yielding a modest volatility of 25.3%.

Although, the stock appears to be selling off (i.e., 9% decline) in the most recent six (6) trading days, the 10 day, 20 day, and 50 day CSMA are still trending up which indicates a price pattern that does not reflect long-term weakness.

However, the stock is exhibiting a short-term weakness as it is currently trading below its 10 day CSMA. Additionally, the 20 day CSMA is currently acting as support for the stock, if the stock breaks through this support; it is likely to test the N26 level, a major support area. A perfect situation will be for the 20 day CSMA to be above the 50 day CSMA which will indicate a stock with very strong relative strength. (See graph)

I understand that Oceanic Bank will be reporting their earnings shortly. The stock's trading pattern in the recent sell off is troubling, because of the increased volume. For example, the stock traded 28 million shares yesterday (November 28, 2007), which is approximately 100% greater than the normal daily trading volume of about N14 million. This is an indication that the major institutional investors are not confident that the anticipated earnings will beat capital market expectations. Therefore, it is probably a case of sell on the rumor, and possibly buy later after the news is out.

My advice to investors is to watch the stock, and buy if the stock stabilizes about the next major support level (N25 .00k - N26.00k), representing a 21% pull back from its most recent high. Additionally, ascertain that the 3 days Pivot are positive before taking a position.

Additionally, based on the most recent high and most retracement of N26.71, investors should watch for the following retracement prices. There is no guarantee that the stock will violate these prices, but I will be comfortable accumulating the shares, if any of these prices are breached:
Projected Fibonnaci Target Retracement Price
First Target - 23.7% 25.07
Second target - 38.2% 23.45
Third Target - 50% 21.43
Fourth Target - 61.8% 18.17

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2007
NSE can be so predictable sometimes,short term traders will not allow intercontinental exceed 25% plus.An expected drop today.
@ololufemi
Oceanic and UBA now well within striking distance.
They have made consistent daily drops since Tuesday (thats one of my weekly signals).
Oceanic is just at about close to its resistance level.I would advice a buy for both tomorrow.
I expect a drop tomorrow that's why you can buy tomorrow so you can both be positioned and be getting it at a low price.
If UBA drops to N48.80,you may not get it cheaper. The bank will intervene and i expect a rally from nextweek.
N48.80 is a good price which when you add 25% should lift it to its forecasted price of N61-N62.
Tomorrow is my buy day also cause i sold my intercontinental yesterday @33.05 to add another 25% to it within the next two weeks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2007
People on Nairaland should not call their brokers oh,make oceanic noh run again.
Me wan look for cheap price tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2007
pumping777:

It appears the bears are having their voice heard in the market. Hopefully some more stocks will drop prices to an attractive level.
I have a different excel sheet for valuation to compliment what I have in my portfolio manager. So I know my stock positions at any point in time.

I also have another sheet with all the buy and sell transactions for each stock. So I know my cash position at any point in time.

The ratios in the excel sheet are all automatically updated. I only have to update the projected PAT after new interim results.

My exit points are defined per stock holding and I'm alerted once there is a cross-over.

The part I don't understand is having daily prices on each stock for each year. As in have prices for around 250 trading days in the year? sad  If so, that will be toying with my day job   grin

Just copy every day from the CTSL report the daily prices and paste into a spreadsheet. You get that done in less than 1 minute!!!!!!!!!! Not sure how that affects your daily job tongue tongue

Good that you have agood grasp of what you are doing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

NSE can be so predictable sometimes,short term traders will not allow intercontinental exceed 25% plus.An expected drop today.
@ololufemi
They have made consistent daily drops since Tuesday (thats one of my weekly signals).
Oceanic is just at about close to its resistance level.I would advice a buy for both tomorrow.
I expect a drop tomorrow that's why you can buy tomorrow so you can both be positioned and be getting it at a low price.
If UBA drops to N48.80,you may not get it cheaper. The bank will intervene and i expect a rally from Monday.
N48.80 is a good price which when you add 25% should lift it to its forecasted price of N61-N62.
Tomorrow is my buy day also cause i sold my intercontinental yesterday @33.05 to add another 25% to it within the next two weeks.

Thanks,

I am sure you know that this 25% nd 30% profiteering thing is very common with people who buy large amounts of stocks especially with borrowed funds in Nigeria here.

They could gain 25% twice or thrice within the space of a few months and this tends to help them pay off those loan facilities quickly.

Na them dey cause these profit taking for market oh.

I have a question for you and my big bros no vex

How did you know Intercontinental was going to drop above 4% ie 4.24% because you sold yours yesterday.

Thanks and I'm still sticking to the game plan. Waiting for those low levels before I rally in

Thanks bro and I am grateful
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2007
FatherOF2:

@ololufemi
If UBA drops to N48.80,you may not get it cheaper. The bank will intervene and i expect a rally from nextweek.

The NSE is one interesting place, despite the UBA report release, price still drops Not complaining though, issued order to buy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

Just copy every day from the CTSL report the daily prices and paste into a spreadsheet. You get that done in less than 1 minute!!!!!!!!!! Not sure how that affects your daily job tongue tongue

Good that you have agood grasp of what you are doing.

Ok, I get you. I thought you wanted me to keep track of daily prices.

It's what I already do and I shared this convenient trick on the thread yesterday (and I used the same expression "less than 1 minute!).

My price column is exactly the same as that of FSDH so once I get their report via email, I just copy and paste.

-------------
yelinax:

@ pumping
Your spreadsheet is such a blessing. Can you suggest to me how i can best update the daily share prices on the spreadsheet. Considering the volume, is there any way i can copy from say an on-line site with daily share prices and them paste it in the spreadsheet.

Subscribe to the stock price list at www.fsdhsecurities.com. This is the format I used for my spreadsheet. You will have it sent to your email daily. You can also get it on the site but that one is not in excel format so copying columns is a problem.

Just save the one you get from the email and copy the price column there to the price column on my spreadsheet. Watch out for new listings so always check to make sure that the order is still the same.

In less than a minute you should have your up to date spreadsheet.
--------
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2007
pumping777:

Ok, I get you. I[b] thought you wanted me to keep track of daily prices.[/b]

It's what I already do and I shared this convenient trick on the thread yesterday (and I used the same expression "less than 1 minute!).

My price column is exactly the same as that of FSDH so once I get their report via email, I just copy and paste.

That's what you are doing already. tongue Do this for 3 years and you will have more infomation than all those analysts that write useless reports. You will have information that will be unrivalled. That's the kind of information people should be acquiring. Information is power. Investing is a long distance race. So all the premature ejaculation is nothing!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

. Investing is a long distance race. So all the premature ejaculation is nothing!

Take it easy ooo!!! shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Pumping,

I hope to critically review that your spreadsheet over the weekend.

I am sure I will have loads of questions - can I have your email address.

So I can take my nagging questions off the thread.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2007
yodiyokun:

Take it easy ooo!!! shocked shocked

Wetin happen?

Let me give you another one 'Oral Diarrhoea'
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2007
@wanajo et pumping

all the info we collect over the next three years (god willing we are all alive and still solvent cheesy) can easily be used to start a website with uptodate analysis and info for the nigerian market, something thats lacking currently.
complete with charts and ratios and good for both fundamentalists and suicide bombers (still can't get over that joke)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.