Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,063 members, 7,960,379 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 06:55 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (835488 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by felo12(m): 12:37am On Dec 27, 2007
Merry x-mas to all,

Did anyone know if oceanic bank last P.O has been listed?i'm about to send my cert for verification.

Regards.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 1:49am On Dec 27, 2007
felo12:

Merry x-mas to all,

Did anyone know if oceanic bank last P.O has been listed?i'm about to send my cert for verification.

Regards.

Hi

When did you get ur certificate? I am yet to get mine (30K units)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by felo12(m): 1:57am On Dec 27, 2007
I got the certificate last week,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 2:01am On Dec 27, 2007
felo12:

I got the certificate last week,

nice one

Ta
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 11:00am On Dec 27, 2007
@Kpineo,
Thanks for the updates more grease to your elbows,
Happy 2008.

@Grabdaloot,
Thanks for the info,
Having a fifth thought about TA, Any literature to read please?

For they that are remaining,
Please take a break, grin

See you all in the new year
NO nothing shall stop us from seeing it Amen,
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 11:05am On Dec 27, 2007
texas543:

Anybody watching CAPOIL? From less than #1 sometimes in Oct to #4.7 now shocked shocked shocked. another afroil in the making Any info please? Been digging but to no avail embarassed sad angry

Have you heard of 'High risk, high returns?' or illiquid according to Wanaj0, Thats how i describe those two stocks. However if you can sell off with a decent profit WHEN YOU WANT TO then please go for it,
Go for it man, Trust you must have done your research,
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 11:11am On Dec 27, 2007
@ Gees, the best and safest way to double your money is to fold it over once or to invest it on the good old NSE! grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 11:19am On Dec 27, 2007
Vitafoam , C&I, Crusader
Are the current prices too expensive to enter?
, is it better to wait and see if the price comes down Or look elsewhere,
, short term play , looking for 20% min?

Will appreciate help on this one, smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 11:23am On Dec 27, 2007
hey gurus,

I have been calling cashcrafts No. but I am not getting through.

Does anyone have a contact I can call please?

Happy New year
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 11:34am On Dec 27, 2007
About Capoil or other high risk penny stocks, yeah they could be illiquid, but every investor needs to devote a portion of his portfolio for such stocks. This is because buying only blue chips has its own disadvantages.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by CHO: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2007
Cashcraft is observing a skeletal service today till the end of the year. I was there today and only met a handful of staff, nothing serious is going on there shocked.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rire(m): 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2007
does anybody know if the market was open today? Thanks in anticipation of your response, and wish you all a wonderful new year
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2007
The market was very open today and the only thing I have noticed is that ;

NBC lost 2.92

AP gained 8.93

those two were the top gainers and losers.

on volume m/benefits leads, followed by IBTC, Access bank, unity bank, intercontinental.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bosunabuja(m): 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2007
I bought public offer from intercontinental since last year and I have not received my certifcate up till now. Please what should I do?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2007
NBC which lost about N2.92 today is being affected by the results which they released some weeks ago, which showed a flat growth. Ppl expected more from this company owing to its first and second qtr results. However, the remaining qtr will be good, so folks should watch this one and let the price go down a bit before taking position in anticipation of a good full year.

AP is still defying the odds and heading north, to the surprise of many. I see a fight for control as reason for this surge, Otedola may be trying to consolidate his hold on this company and the previous directors may not be too comfortable with this. This will mean a buy for them at any cost to instill themselves at the top of things. Prices will only increase, despite the condition of the company.

Things like that happen in some company where there is a fight for control of the board, the ‘small’ investor benefits from the sudden price surge.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2007
Intercontinental is still distributing their certificates, many are still waiting for theirs, a correct mail address helps too. Like having a mail box in the post office, instead of a common compound or an office. Chances of mail loss are reduced in the post office mail box. Wait for the certificate, it will come in due time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bosunabuja(m): 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2007
@invisible.I thank you for the quick and the positive response.Actually,I have my personal p.o. box and that was what I used.I will patiently wait for my own certificate.Thanks once again invisible.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2007
@bosunabuja

You can either wait or you can call Wema registrars on 012666778, 017732181 and have a chat with them. For dividends find a way of contacting Intercontinental registrars. But there is very little chance you will succeed.If you do tell them Pennywise is angry with them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2007
The market was so bullish today that I started to think that institutional investors are starting to take position this year end in anticipation of a bullish year.
All the insurance companies gained prices. In exception of UBA, all bank stocks gained prices, including Unity bank of all banks!

AG leventis is still flying, (could we ever get it at a lower price, below N4?) FCMB saved our blushes, added 85 kobo. Even Transcorp that was supposed to lose stayed stagnant. Surprise of the day was Nig. German, losing a N1.19.

What does the gurus think is the reason for this rise?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tj4ever(m): 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2007
Hi all. It's been a great pleasure reading thru the threads. I have learnt a great deal about a great deal.

Here's wishing all you gurus and gugurus a very prospeous year ahead.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2007
Wishing you all a prosperous New Year.

Keep the flag flying. Will be back in full force next year.

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2007
wanaj0:

Wishing you all a prosperous New Year.

Keep the flag flying. Will be back in full force next year.

Cheers

I hold you responsible for wapco's disappearance oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2007
@ All,

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

@ Fatherof2,

Baba, FCMB don dey dish out the hampers oh. Its on the billboards in Lagos and the floor of the NSE. Another 5% today.

Have a lovely christmas.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pinokio(m): 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2007
merry xmas and happy new yr folks! u've all been so GOOOOD 2 me. tell skye bank dat i'll wait till february for info about the skye shelter fund, then i'll resort to other means, 2 be forewarned,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by coolme: 6:46pm On Dec 27, 2007
Hello everyone and compliments of the season to you all

Cld the gurus in the house kindly confirm to me if its posibble for me to sell my rights in the ongoing zenith offer?.

i have about 14k units and someone said i can make money by selling my rights without touching/selling my shares, how is it calculated and how much is it?, in regards to zenith

Full explanation will be appreciated,

cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2007
ololufemi:

@ All,

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

@ Fatherof2,

Baba, FCMB don dey dish out the hampers oh. Its on the billboards in Lagos and the floor of the NSE. Another 5% today.

Have a lovely christmas.

Merry christmas to you my brother.
I have something i'll mail you sometime early in the New Year.
When its time,i'll get your e-mail.It'll be powerfull for you.
Just get money ready for 08'.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2007
@Coolme. Yes it's possible. Check with your broker and sell me your rights, smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2007
@ Coolme, its very possible. Read the rights prospectus sent to you and find out how to go about it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by felo12(m): 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2007
Hi all,

Can someone please tell me if oceanic bank has listed the last P.O,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by X2X(m): 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2007
Compliments of the season to all.

I am searching for a reliable source of daily price updates in Excel format.

Can anyone recommend and provider (I tried registering on FSDH, nothing received so far after > 3weeks, Meristem is sending out unuseable excel workbooks {hard, nay, impossible to cut and past stuff easily from theirs} and Zenith has not updated their website since 18th).

I need a source that has Opening, Closing, High, Low as well as Volumes information in MS Excel formated documents.

Thanks.

Merci beacoup et bien à vous!!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 2gd: 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2007
X-2-X:

Compliments of the season to all.

I am searching for a reliable source of daily price updates in Excel format.

Can anyone recommend and provider (I tried registering on FSDH, nothing received so far after >
Merci beacoup et bien à vous!!

me too!

pls can someone give me contact details of reliable brokers in afriinvest and cashcraft,
i use cashcraft, the problem i have withthem is they dont execute orders until, the wrong time(as far as i'm concerned, )i have to wait days to sell(after which the price would hab\ve almost fallen to the amt at which i bought) or to buy(after which the price would have risen SOOOOOOOOO FRIGGIN HIGH), I'M GETTING REALLY AGITATED, cos i target when prices are low and these ppl are just annoyin/dullin me,
pls guys, if u are sure ur broker executes orders immediately/the company has online services, PLEASE I BEG U , GIVE ME UR BROKER'S NUMBER.GOD BLESS YA,
GOOD BROKERS ONLY PLS, i've had enuff of crap thanks[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2007
@Father of 2

Me sef dey loyal oh, you can email me too.
Happy New Year in advance!!!

@ all

2008 shall be our year of multipling success, joy and self-realisation!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.